• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS & Wii U Thread XIII: Leak Dynasty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fireblend

Banned
Something just occurred to me about leak #3. Reposting the two relevant images:

It's nice, isn't it? A great close-up shot on Shulk after he and Lucina won a team match. Couldn't ask for much more, since we've all seen Lucina by this point, while Shulk is brand-spankin' new.

But, uh, I have a question about it. If you look at the HUD on the lower screen, Shulk is a CPU - the player was actually Lucina. Despite this, Shulk is front-and-center, while the player's actual character, Lucina, is halfway off-screen to the left. Why is this? Shouldn't it focus on you if you won? Or is it focusing fully on Shulk because the CPU scored higher than the player-controlled Lucina did? Heck, even if that's the case, why, then, is Lucina not just in the background slightly where she's still fully visible, but instead on the edge of the screen?

I'm #TeamIWantToBelieveBecauseXenobladeRepresentationDammit, but this is kinda weird.
Maybe the camera is moving around the winning team and the picture was snapped at a time it was focusing on Shulk?

Something just occurred to me about leak #3. Reposting the two relevant images:

(and a third one that's irrelevant to the point I'm about to make)

It's nice, isn't it? A great close-up shot on Shulk after he and Lucina won a team match. Couldn't ask for much more, since we've all seen Lucina by this point, while Shulk is brand-spankin' new.

But, uh, I have a question about it. If you look at the HUD on the lower screen, Shulk is a CPU - the player was actually Lucina. Despite this, Shulk is front-and-center, while the player's actual character, Lucina, is halfway off-screen to the left. Why is this? Shouldn't it focus on you if you won? Or is it focusing fully on Shulk because the CPU scored higher than the player-controlled Lucina did? Heck, even if that's the case, why, then, is Lucina not just in the background slightly where she's still fully visible, but instead on the edge of the screen?

I'm #TeamIWantToBelieveBecauseXenobladeRepresentationDammit, but this is kinda weird.

In Melee and Brawl, the better scoring of the team players gets their victory theme. This might be a counterpart.

Of course, why would the CPU score better?

Let’s all try and ignore the giant purple, space pirate elephant in the room as we discuss our next newcomer nomination:
zyraed.png

Rundas

Notable Appearences
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (2007)

Bio
Rundas is a Phrygisian Bounty Hunter whose personality differs depending on the situation; he can be arrogant in front of others, but is quiet and dutiful in following commands when working alone. Rundas prefers to work by himself, even against large numbers of enemies; however, he remains sensitive to the safety of his allies. In Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Rundas is initially hired by the Galactic Federation to combat the Phazon virus infecting their Aurora Units. Rundas and the other Bounty Hunters rush to activate the generators powering Norion's planetary defense system. Along the way, he saves Samus several times while she aids him in restoring power to the generator conduits.

What NeoGAF Says
“He's just so likable man. He'd be easier to implement than Ridley as well.” - Odie Esty

What do you guys think? Does this ice-based bounty hunter have a cool enough head to take on the heated competition of Brawl? Does this chill dude have enough moveset potential to justify his inclusion with only appearance in the Metroid series? Do I have anymore ice puns left?
Maybe when hell freezes over.
Discuss below! Please avoid spoilers when discussing.!

Previous Newcomer Nominations Click on them to find out more!

Note: Unlike veterans, the newcomers being posted are not being revealed in order of most votes due to the amount of different choices; I'm just sharing the ones I find most interesting. However, for the last five newcomers, I will present those in order as the newcomers who got the most votes.

Well I'd welcome Rundas Battle theme into Smash if anything, I was always more of a Spire man when it came to my secondary bounty hunters.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Samus, Kraid, Ridley, Mother Brain, Metroid, Adam, and Remember Me Dude.

That's as far as my knowledge of Metroid goes.

Toxi

Banned
Rundas is a cool char-Fuck.

Rundas is an interesting character with a wide and varied moveset. You've got ice pillars, ice "flying", freezing foes solid, throwing ice chunks, that big-ass ice flail, etc. Really great potential (Unlike, say, Anthony Higgs). The main issue is that he's kinda minor. His only appearance was as a side-character
who dies as a boss early in the game
. I'd have fun playing Rundas, but he isn't a Nintendo all-star in the same way Anthony Higgs isn't a Nintendo all-star. He's kinda like Sheik in that way, although Sheik at least has the excuse of being a gimmick for Zelda.

So Rundas is a character that would be fun to play, but I don't think he's begging for a spot.

Also, his battle theme kicks ass.

Leak 3 could very well be fake. It showed up with no explanation some time after the first two.
I think if the third leak is fake then the rest of it is as well--the haste at which it appeared after the others discredits the idea that someone up and made an identical Ganondorf render to piggyback it.

Also Rundas Battle theme is arguably the best battle music from Corruption
The Rundas battle theme is arguably one of the best tracks in the entire trilogy. It's just that good.

jph139

Man, I don't remember Rundas at all. Like, I know his name, and I vaguely remember his boss fight, but it's been so long since I replayed Corruption that it's all sort of a blur.

He's low on my list of wanted newcomers for Metroid (below Ridley, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, like half of the Hunters), and I think he's unlikely to the point of impossible, but I do love me some ice fighters, so I couldn't complain.

Durden77

Sooo... anything new from yesterday guys? Or are we just still going insane?

I saw the post of the Dunk Hunt render, but I don't think that means much.

Also, Rundas! Like him a lot, but I'm pretty surprised he made this list. Interesting to know he's got a bit more support than I thought.

These things rock Oric! Wish I would've participated, but alas I failed.

Toxi

Banned
Man, I don't remember Rundas at all. Like, I know his name, and I vaguely remember his boss fight, but it's been so long since I replayed Corruption that it's all sort of a blur.

He's low on my list of wanted newcomers for Metroid (below Ridley, Dark Samus, Anthony Higgs, like half of the Hunters), and I think he's unlikely to the point of impossible, but I do love me some ice fighters, so I couldn't complain.
I can't think of any hunters I'd have over him. Ghor and Gandrayda are about on the same level of importance, and then all the Hunters side characters made even less of an impact.

Anthony Higgs is probably the best comparison; Anthony is also a minor character from one game.
The main difference is that Anthony survives through the whole game, while Rundas actually has a boss fight.

Sooo... anything new from yesterday guys? Or are we just still going insane?

I saw the post of the Dunk Hunt render, but I don't think that means much.

Also, Rundas! Like him a lot, but I'm pretty surprised he made this list. Interesting to know he's got a bit more support than I thought.

These things rock Oric! Wish I would've participated, but alas I failed.
The room in the Tomodochi life stage on the leak, which was never before seen, was revealed in Famitsu today.

-Horizon-

Rundas was ok, I wouldn't say he was...that cool though ohohohohoho *gets booed off stage*
Seriously though, the fight with him in MP3 was fun.

To the people who did join my tournament. What do you guys feel about this little rule that I just put up. ^^

"If a Sudden Death match occurs, play it, winner gets to choose the stage to fight on next. Which you then go into a 1 stock/3 minute match, which will determine who wins the match (note: you keep the same characters you had before the match)"

Super Bash Sisters Post!
Sounds good.

booo at the subtitle
I know, it should've at least been Miku related.

J@hranimo

Banned
Rundas is pretty cool, I like him. Plus he gives us the
Ice Missle
in the game!

edit: Sorry if anyone truly cares about spoilers.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
What if it's 90% right? Does that mean it's 100% wrong?

I honestly can't think how the Ness model would be 100% right yet they managed to see a detail as obvious as the Ice Climbers not being in the game, it's an impossible scenario.

I didn't remember what Rundas' theme sounded like, but I'm listening to it now, and I definitely approve. However, to piggyback off Toxi's post, he's pretty minor and doesn't have much personality. His potential moveset is more interesting than he is. Honestly, I'd put Rundas' music in the game before I'd put Rundas himself in.

That's cool. The more the merrier :)

Awesome, thanks! :D

I'd rather have the ingame sudden death determine the winner as a more "authentic" method for the new game.

If everyone insists on using an extra match however, can that ever to sudden death? Lowest percentage wins? What happens if there's a tie for that?

Yeah, but I don't really like that idea. It's such an easy way to win, and what happens when you last until the bomb comes out? You hit the person, as you're getting happy about your victory. BOOM! Bom-omb comes down at you, and you end up losing the match.

Well, I really don't see a Sudden Death match happeing. I mean one stock with 3 minutes on the clock to KO the opponent? Should not take that long.

Would any stage need to be banned if they have a Final Destination ALT?
Or is the issue we don't know if we actually have access to that still.

Of course not, but that was only confirmed in For Glory. IIRC.

btw its been less than 5 hours and yet the thread is already on page 20

The discussion is real.

NotLiquid

I'd be down with Rundas. Either him, Sylux or Weavel. The latter needs more of a role in Metroid; an equal rival from the Space Pirates is the kind of recurring villain that Samus could have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom