• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT8| Hands Up, Don't Shoot

Status
Not open for further replies.
LMAO looks like a missed quite a night

real talk, DY never got over the death of Londa and has been taking it out on us for years. All I did was bring it up to the light. But I guess I'm more susceptible to it ever since that one pouting incident he had about the Slayven/Satch thread title "ya'll bunch of lames" ver.2873

My motto on discussing black issues with other people on this website has been the same since day one and I've been leading a fuller, happier life since, believe that

I feel like we pouring 40s every week for somebody. Ya'll gotta stop gettin' so heated about shit, man.

I didn't post in Michael Brown threads. I don't cheer on Jado posts. I didn't go into Trayvon Martin threads. I didn't go on the podcast to discuss Riddle Racism. I don't come back and here with a link to OT going "grrrr look at this post/this thread/I'm so FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW ARRRGH". I stayed out of Obama re-election discussions. I told Slayven to stop making threads years ago. I don't go full HTown/Angelus Errare in threads with idiots. I don't engage with ya'll various discussions about why this user in OT pissed you off, or how the fuck isn't that bannable, or how can this person really exist in 20XX the day our lord Obama has made.

I. Just. Don't. Care.

All I do here is make jokes, make sure we'll all on the right side of the Popeyes vs KFC debate, and make snarky off-hand remarks. That's it. That is my entire modus operandi in this thread, and its served me well. Everybody has got their favorite BCT posts, this is mine. This is a fun thread to me with people I enjoy being around. If I wanted to stress out about shit, I can do that in real life where now I need to collect all of 2009's receipts for a fuckin' IRS audit and my dad isn't around to help, in-between the 4-5 classes of school I got this week, and a car that's starting to stall out at random times.

Y'all argue with people over the internet about black issues, fine. IDK all the people DY is crying about in his yearbook here; this is the internet, maybe he can get in contact with them and discuss natural black hair products. As it is, I think a few of BCT regulars do an ok job of it, but frequently they get waaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested, get real mad, then come back here to thread whine/post a link to a thread and go "agree with me guys, these threads/posts/users are wrong and I'm right brehs", and thats if they don't get a ban. If you really want to talk about this shit, talk about this shit. Stop coming back into your little community circlejerks with your dick in your hand waiting for Devo or Jado or the various mods to help you take a piss. If you're not even prepared to have a discussion with somebody, if you just gonna fly off the handle at an opinion that offends you, then quite honestly don't even bother, fam. You just wasting time and make yourself angry over nothing.

Now after the requisite parade of "WTF happen here/what is going on/stop fighting guys ;_;" reaction posts, we can back to talking about chicken and waffles and not meta-discussions about this thread.

EscoBlades

Ubisoft Marketing
Not that i was that active here to start with, but i'm ducking out for a while.

Hopefully the dysfunctional period will have passed when i get back.

Peace.

LMAO looks like a missed quite a night

real talk, DY never got over the death of Londa and has been taking it out on us for years. All I did was bring it up to the light. But I guess I'm more susceptible to it ever since that one pouting incident he had about the Slayven/Satch thread title "ya'll bunch of lames" ver.2873

My motto on discussing black issues with other people on this website has been the same since day one and I've been leading a fuller, happier life since, believe that

I didn't post in Michael Brown threads. I don't cheer on Jado posts. I didn't go into Trayvon Martin threads. I didn't go on the podcast to discuss Riddle Racism. I don't come back and here with a link to OT going "grrrr look at this post/this thread/I'm so FUCKING ANGRY RIGHT NOW ARRRGH". I stayed out of Obama re-election discussions. I told Slayven to stop making threads years ago. I don't go full HTown/Angelus Errare in threads with idiots. I don't engage with ya'll various discussions about why this user in OT pissed you off, or how the fuck isn't that bannable, or how can this person really exist in 20XX the day our lord Obama has made.

I. Just. Don't. Care.

All I do here is make jokes, make sure we'll all on the right side of the Popeyes vs KFC debate, and make snarky off-hand remarks. That's it. That is my entire modus operandi in this thread, and its served me well. Everybody has got their favorite BCT posts, this is mine. This is a fun thread to me with people I enjoy being around. If I wanted to stress out about shit, I can do that in real life where now I need to collect all of 2009's receipts for a fuckin' IRS audit and my dad isn't around to help, in-between the 4-5 classes of school I got this week, and a car that's starting to stall out at random times.

Y'all argue with people over the internet about black issues, fine. IDK all the people DY is crying about in his yearbook here; this is the internet, maybe he can get in contact with them and discuss natural black hair products. As it is, I think a few of BCT regulars do an ok job of it, but frequently they get waaaaaaaaay too emotionally invested, get real mad, then come back here to thread whine/post a link to a thread and go "agree with me guys, these threads/posts/users are wrong and I'm right brehs", and thats if they don't get a ban. If you really want to talk about this shit, talk about this shit. Stop coming back into your little community circlejerks with your dick in your hand waiting for Devo or Jado or the various mods to help you take a piss. If you're not even prepared to have a discussion with somebody, if you just gonna fly off the handle at an opinion that offends you, then quite honestly don't even bother, fam. You just wasting time and make yourself angry over nothing.

Now after the requisite parade of "WTF happen here/what is going on/stop fighting guys ;_;" reaction posts, we can back to talking about chicken and waffles and not meta-discussions about this thread.
Damn

FreeMufasa

I'm finding dragons dogma pretty shit. Weren't you mans going crazy over this

EDIT: I should just accept these type of games ain't for me

J10

Banned
College dudes worried that movement to take rape seriously is ruining their sex lives

And here again is the trouble with how we talk about sex, consent and sexual violence in the United States. There are so many ways to flirt and have really enjoyable casual sex without being predatory, but we never talk about them. The importance of listening to the person you’re interested in having sex with and being alert to non-verbal cues certainly isn’t being taught in schools, and this kind of thing generally isn’t modeled in pop culture. So we have a vacuum about relationships and healthy sexuality. And that vacuum gets filled by banana brains like George Will, Caitlin Flanagan and the people on Fox News who can shout the loudest, people who believe that much of what’s called sexual assault is actually just “regretted sex,” a product of the “ambiguities of hookup culture.”

Which is why we now have young men telling Bloomberg News that they basically view their female peers as rape bombs just waiting to explode and ruin their lives. “Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders,” according to one of the men interviewed for the piece.​

Here's the Bloomberg article. Link in the Salon article is broken.

JohnDoe

Banned
College dudes worried that movement to take rape seriously is ruining their sex lives

And here again is the trouble with how we talk about sex, consent and sexual violence in the United States. There are so many ways to flirt and have really enjoyable casual sex without being predatory, but we never talk about them. The importance of listening to the person you’re interested in having sex with and being alert to non-verbal cues certainly isn’t being taught in schools, and this kind of thing generally isn’t modeled in pop culture. So we have a vacuum about relationships and healthy sexuality. And that vacuum gets filled by banana brains like George Will, Caitlin Flanagan and the people on Fox News who can shout the loudest, people who believe that much of what’s called sexual assault is actually just “regretted sex,” a product of the “ambiguities of hookup culture.”

Which is why we now have young men telling Bloomberg News that they basically view their female peers as rape bombs just waiting to explode and ruin their lives. “Some men feel that too much responsibility for preventing sexual assault has been put on their shoulders,” according to one of the men interviewed for the piece.​

Here's the Bloomberg article. Link in the Salon article is broken.
They sound entitled to sex and paranoid.

akira28

I. Just. Ain't. Shit.

but we still love you JC.
and I still love Devo, if she'll ever come back.
Dat dy_nigga thinks he's escaping the mainland but the pacific king crab awaits.
I thought BCT was ready for primetime, maybe getting too big for their space in GAF limbo, and ready to move out on its own. But the shit is not as tight knit as we thought. That's ok. It's just a forum on a game board. That said, I enjoy posting and I enjoy the posters here. I'm not leaving to anywhere, and I know we're gonna be alright. I don't agree with everything or everyone, but I will at least talk it out. We may end up agreeing to disagree, but its all love, and I don't try to disrespect anyone's point of view. If anyone has grief, they should be able to air it out without quitting the team. But if you can't fucks with us no more, no hate. I'm just an insomniac with a keyboard. A human being who wants to be better. I sure as fuck am not perfect, or even right much of the time. But I'm here, and I'm not trying to hurt anybody, talk down to, or talk past anyone. And believe that the feeling is mutual. Last night was a trip, but it wasn't communication. Maybe we can get to that, or maybe we will just move on. We'll see.

Kraftwerk

Fam,

Let's stop fighting amongst one another, and go back to discussing the white devil. BCT needs to go back to it's roots.

Also, here is a vid of mai waifu working the ropes;

NSFW
lol, like anyone here works

SmokyDave

So, uh, the right side of the Popeyes vs KFC debate is KFC, right?

I mean, we don't even have Popeyes here in England, so it's a first round TKO for me.

Slayven

I told myself I wasn't going to speak on this, but after JC's post I would be remiss if I didn't. He is right, it's not that fucking serious, I post in here because it is fun and there are great people in here. We are not going to fix every racist on gaf, especially if all we do is pop in every few weeks and say "Y'all got to do better" or "I remember when BCT stood for something".

Debating why black people matter everyday is emotionally tiring, especially when you know from jump it will be skating up hill on a creamy layer of shit. And if some people had some grand design on what the BCT could, should, and would be and you feel like I am fucking it up. I am sorry you feel you that way, but I am not sorry for what this thread has become. I met some cool people, i would even say friends.

akira28

So, uh, the right side of the Popeyes vs KFC debate is KFC, right?

I mean, we don't even have Popeyes here in England, so it's a first round TKO for me.

For you guys, the right answer might be whatever fried chicken chains you have in Ireland that isn't KFC.

winning
dHWf4g1.png

I just wouldn't trust any ole English fried chicken.

J10

Banned
I told myself I wasn't going to speak on this, but after JC's post I would be remiss if I didn't. He is right, it's not that fucking serious, I post in here because it is fun and there are great people in here. We are not going to fix every racist on gaf, especially if all we do is pop in every few weeks and say "Y'all got to do better" or "I remember when BCT stood for something".

Debating why black people matter everyday is emotionally tiring, especially when you know from jump it will be skating up hill on a creamy layer of shit. And if some people had some grand design on what the BCT could, should, and would be and you feel like I am fucking it up. I am sorry you feel you that way, but I am not sorry for what this thread has become. I met some cool people, i would even say friends.

It was serious enough for you to check your spelling though.

Kreed

Danish art project deemed racist by Swedes

According to the project’s leader, the project was designed to celebrate uniqueness.

“This is a project that celebrates diversity,” said Morten Nielsen, “We work with make-up artists and provide all kinds of transformations: from white to brown, brown to white, man to woman, and woman to man. We are also looking in to transforming from young to old to address the age discrimination.”

Local Swedes didn’t see it that way, though. More than 200 signed a petition demanding the project’s removal from the Malmo Festival, with organizers officially terminating “Through Different Eyes” Sunday.

"This is a very complex debate and I hope we don't lose the complexity when discussing Swedes' and Danes' differences. I can understand how minorities in Malmö might have seen this as a blackface project, but it is everything else but that. It is very hard to be accused of doing something that is the exact opposite of its intention," he told The Local.

rG61uVM.jpg

oJ1xz84.jpg

http://www.thelocal.dk/20140819/danish-art-project-deemed-racist-by-swedes
http://newsone.com/3047972/through-different-eyes-danish-sweden/

SmokyDave

Fuck, I knew it wouldn't be KFC. Can't help but love their boneless buckets :(

I'm also the guy sitting sheepishly at the back of the room thinking 'Domino's' when people start talking about their favourite pizza.

Ah, fuck it. I never pretended to be cultured.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
I kinda agree with JC. Nobody has to post a certain way in this thread - there are those who are more political, and those who are more silly, and truth be told, that makes up the dynamic of this thread.

There's a time and a place for everything, but in vacuums like this, they can exist together.

slayven still ain't shit tho

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck, I knew it wouldn't be KFC. Can't help but love their boneless buckets :(

I'm also the guy sitting sheepishly at the back of the room thinking 'Domino's' when people start talking about their favourite pizza.

Ah, fuck it. I never pretended to be cultured.

Domino is the stealth best pizza chain. People just don't know about that crust.

Wanna slap every one in the room when dominoes loses out to pizza hut in a vote.

Then there's the ain't shitn dudes that say little Caesar's and its like come
On

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
he still hasn't
lol

the only time he gets serious is when I get him in his feelings. It should be too easy to discern what I'm talking about without waking up mad that I shit on your hole in the internet wall.

You want fukkery, you can get that anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom