• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2014

GulAtiCa

There have been a lot fewer demos on PS4 and XB1 compared to last gen too, right? I don't have one of those consoles yet but I often hear people complain about the absence of demos.

Not sure, I'll check my PS4 tonight, but I wouldn't be surprised. Wouldn't be surprised about XB1 having way less then 360, cause 360 required or at least forced a lot of games to have demos, so their likely will be a good bit less demos now.

Demos for games months after they come out might not be a bad idea after sales really die down though. Part me is interested in perhaps doing a demo for my own game later on (way after Europe release) to help drive up sales again.

Javier

I have another spare code for Mighty Gunvolt.

First to PM me gets it! (US 3DS only)

EDT: Taken. Zeeman got it.

Zeeman

I have another spare code for Mighty Gunvolt.

First to PM me gets it! (US 3DS only)

EDT: Taken. Zeeman got it.

Thanks again! This looks really interesting, everything I heard about it on the 8-4 podcast made me want to check it out (especially the old-school translation)

maxcriden

These are my wild-ass guesses for what games get put on sale, with the ones not confirmed in bold for easy mockery:

Week 2: Wind Waker HD, Ocarina 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening (hopefully with DLC), Kid Icarus Uprising, Sonic Lost World, Sonic Game Gear, Mega Man X, Minish Cap, F-Zero

Week 3: Pokemon XY, Wii Party U, Wii Fit U, Metroid, Pokemon Battle Trozei, Pokemon Rumble U, Super Metroid, Metroid Zero Mission, Streetpass games

Week 4: DKC Tropical Freeze, Pikmin 3, Pac-Man Ghostly Adventure, Animal Crossing New Leaf, Star Fox 64 3D, Dedede Drum Dash Deluxe, Kirby Fighters Deluxe, Donkey Kong 1/Jr/3, Pac-Land

Again, I have no advance knowledge beyond what Nintendo Canada showed. This is strictly my best guess based on what we know.

Which F-Zero were you thinking for Week One? I think I would have to go for those Kirby eShop games if they'd really discount them already.

Good to know.

I have to complain again about the fact that the eshop indie games thread was closed, because in here there is so much lack of info and impressions about the indie games. All the discussion is either around what it is (not) on VC (although there is a a dedicated thread for VC) and discuss how good or bad an eshop sales is. I really miss that thread.

Combined with the lack of reviews I find myself quite blind when comes about buying indie games. I like what I saw of Cubemen 2 until now, but some impressions are always welcomed.

I couldn't agree more. It's almost impossible to get an OT going for a Wii U indie game because individual thread discussion is so limited, the chances someone sees one of these threads and has actually played the game seems very low. If we could have Aostia's thread going again it would be much easier.

There have been a lot fewer demos on PS4 and XB1 compared to last gen too, right? I don't have one of those consoles yet but I often hear people complain about the absence of demos.

It really is unfortunate. I miss the days of demos, although Nintendo never really got big into the demo scene themselves. It would be very useful for eShop games in general, though, especially indies.

Phil S.

Banned
Tappingo 2 is as fun as the original. I haven't started the puzzles which enable the ability to zoom in and out, so I haven't really seen anything different mechanic-wise yet that the original didn't already have. Still, it's nice to have more puzzles. Anyone know if DLC is in the cards? It'd be nice to get some additional puzzles after the 104 or so are completed.

Ondore

Which F-Zero were you thinking for Week One? I think I would have to go for those Kirby eShop games if they'd really discount them already.

zeeman said:
It's got to be the SNES one, right? Has Nintendo dropped any of the GBA games on the Wii U VC?

Maximum Velocity is on VC as well in all territories, but I was thinking the SNES game since I'm not sure Captain Falcon is in the GBA one off hand.

Also, I can't believe I forgot Link Between Worlds as a possibility for the Zelda 3DS game. That may have better odds than Ocarina 3D...

Phil S.

Banned
Just got a review code for Cubemen 2, so I guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.

I'll post the review here later, but in the meantime I'll post impressions, if anyone is interested.

maxcriden

It's got to be the SNES one, right? Has Nintendo dropped any of the GBA games on the Wii U VC?

Maximum Velocity is on VC as well in all territories, but I was thinking the SNES game since I'm not sure Captain Falcon is in the GBA one off hand.

Also, I can't believe I forgot Link Between Worlds as a possibility for the Zelda 3DS game. That may have better odds than Ocarina 3D...

Oh, weird, I totally didn't even remember MV already hit VC.

Anyway, per Wiki:

Maximum Velocity takes place twenty-five years after F-Zero, in yet another F-Zero Grand Prix. The past generations of F-Zero pilots "piloted their way to fame". Due to the aforementioned, it is the only F-Zero game without Captain Falcon, Samurai Goroh, Pico, or Dr. Stewart. However, the Falcon MK-II resembles Captain Falcon's Blue Falcon. The pilot, Kent Akechi, also claims to be Falcon's son.

No idea if Nintendo would even care about that, though!

Just got a review code for Cubemen 2, so I guess I know what I'll be doing this evening.

I'll post the review here later, but in the meantime I'll post impressions, if anyone is interested.

Please do, looks quite interesting, was umming and arghing about buying it earlier

Demos have actually been proven to make a game sell less. So they not only waste time and effort/money making the demo, they actually cost more in long run too.
Not really actually. There is some evidence pointing to that, but it's kind of 50-50. It certainly does put off a lot of people who would've bought the game otherwise, but it can also give people who wouldn't have bought the game otherwise a chance to test the game out. I think for AAA games the amount of sales it would reduce might be actually larger than the amount of sales it gets, but for indie games I'd say it's the other way, because indie games almost never have the kind of marketing AAA games have so people aren't really waiting for them in the same way. Thus a demo could reach a lot of people who didn't even know about the game.

Personally, when I hopefully some day in the future will have a small indie game firm (I'm switching to computer science at the moment), I want to offer demos for my games if it's only possible. I know it's often not an easy thing to do of course (to have a demo that represents the game well and makes you hungry for more), but I feel like it's worthy to push for that. It's just a really consumer friendly thing in my opinion.

Boogiepop

Is Gunvolt any good? Any reviews out there?

Assuming you were curious about Azure Striker and not Mighty: It's a fun and neat follow-up to the Mega Man Zero games. It's a little on the easy side, but if you liked those you'll probably have fun here. At the very least I definitely enjoyed it.

jmizzal

Is it normal to have to for a usb hard drive to have to keep being formatted for WiiU?

I formatted it, when I was moving files over I got an error, now its saying its not formatted and keep saying checking for USB storage device.

Anybody know a solution for this?

NateDrake

Downloading Hyrule Warriors now. Requires about 7GB. Can capture up to 30mins of footage. Any specific stuff you may want to see?

I'll play through several areas and unlock some of the characters this evening. This way I can enter Free Mode & explore without the menu prompts & capture pure gameplay.
If you know your way around the Dynasty Warriors series, do you think you could play in other difficulty settings than Easy or Normal? Most of the available footage seems to be in those settings and has enemies just standing there waiting to be killed, as expected. Seeing something different would be great.

maxcriden

Nintendo Life posted a very favorable review of Dedede's Drum Dash Deluxe:

Rhythm game fans rejoice; Drum Dash Deluxe is a hit. Short but very sweet, it offers wonderful tunes, clever levels, and tons of trademark Kirby charm. It’s also an excellent expansion of the original mini-game, with all new stages and lots of fun gameplay tweaks. Players who enjoyed Drum Dash’s Triple Deluxe debut will absolutely love it, and anyone looking for a fresh take on musical platforming will have a blast. Dededelightful. 9/10

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/dededes_drum_dash_deluxe

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Mighty Gunvolt giveaway, 3DS eshop *NA ONLY*

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=886121.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Roboleon, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Mighty Gunvolt 3DS NA ONLY (eshop) -- MB-164CE3F02D3B6900 - Taken by LayLa. 4 entrants total.

t1410028709z1.png

NateDrake

If you know your way around the Dynasty Warriors series, do you think you could play in other difficulty settings than Easy or Normal? Most of the available footage seems to be in those settings and has enemies just standing there waiting to be killed, as expected. Seeing something different would be great.

Can do. Have been playing on Normal & it's been pretty simple, thus far. I'll do some Hard difficulty & see how I handle it. I'll try to capture some standard battles & a few boss battles mixed in with them to give the footage some extra pop.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Playing Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate, even on normal difficulty you get attacked by mobbed crowds more actively. I suspected Nintendo may have had normal tuned down low in Hyrule Warriors.

I've read on Gamefaqs that the unlockable highest difficulty is built to murder you. I'd hope hard is at least what should have been "normal".

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Fire Emblem Awakening.
I've been stopping a ton of my characters relationships at A so they don't reach S because I didn't want to get screwed over like with Chrom and my MC. When they get to S do they automatically activate babby mode or can I pick and choose to move forward on that?

maxcriden

Fire Emblem Awakening.
I've been stopping a ton of my characters relationships at A so they don't reach S because I didn't want to get screwed over like with Chrom and my MC. When they get to S do they automatically activate babby mode or can I pick and choose to move forward on that?

Imagine you could be playing Kid Icarus instead. Forgot about your social links.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Fire Emblem Awakening.

Basically, yes to the former. You can pick one S per pairing (assuming they can get there), but then you're unable to get S with anyone else. Chrom is the only one who potentially automatically marries somebody.

How is the Wii U Pacman game? It's already $20, so for $10-$15 on sale, I'll bite even if it's mediocre.

It's not a broken, unplayable mess is it?

One of the best surprises in recent years, in my opinion. Very mediocre game, but it's a decent Mario 3D Land clone that surprised the hell out of me. The sequel looks excellent, in my opinion.

me0wish

Is there anyway to change 3DS region after linking NNID? I tried formatting my 3ds but all my games were gone and I had to relink the same NNID.

I want to use my US eshop cards and I'm stuck with Canada :(

Edit: Got extra Mighty GV key, PM if interested. (taken)

TheMoon

Is there anyway to change 3DS region after linking NNID? I tried formatting my 3ds but all my games were gone and I had to relink the same NNID.

Edit: Got extra Mighty GV key, PM if interested.

Country tied to your NNID is permanent. You can only change it on a system level and create a new NNID for that country.

Cyd0nia

Banned

Edit: Got extra Mighty GV key, PM if interested.

Do you have a lot of digital games? If you deactivate your Canadian NNID I think you might lose them and your wallet. if there's money in it.

There were warnings about this when NNID was introduced on 3ds, so Nintendo might not help but it still seems unfair to me. If this were me I'd call or write to Nintendo and pretend I was moving country, ask if anything could be done to move my stuff.

TheMoon

So my 3DS is forever Canadian? Unless I don't mind losing my games?

Do you have a lot of digital games? If you deactivate your Canadian NNID I think you might lose them and your wallet. if there's money in it.

There were warnings about this when NNID was introduced on 3ds, so Nintendo might not help but it still seems unfair to me. If this were me I'd call or write to Nintendo and pretend I was moving country, ask if anything could be done to move my stuff.

You're not "losing" anything. You just have to change back and forth if you want to access the respective NNID which is a hassle.

The only way to lose your purchases permanently is to "delete" your NNID since your purchases are tied to the NNID in question. Deleting it will also delete your purchase history forever. Unlinking is not the same as deleting, btw!

me0wish

I have over 60 digital games on both my Wii U and 3DS, and now I wish I haven't linked my NNID to my 3DS. Nintendo really needs to start sorting things out.

Cyd0nia

Banned
You're not "losing" anything. You just have to change back and forth if you want to access the respective NNID which is a hassle.

The only way to lose your purchases permanently is to "delete" your NNID since your purchases are tied to the NNID in question. Deleting it will also delete your purchase history forever. Unlinking is not the same as deleting, btw!

Oh! So can you theoretically unlink and relink as much as you want? Still not ideal if you have a lot of purchases but that would be better than losing things permanently.

zroid

Banned
Wait a sec, I don't think you can change your NNID on 3DS. From what I understand, once it's set, it's set. Only way to remove it without deleting it is to contact Nintendo.

However, it's different on Wii U -- you can maintain multiple user accounts with different NNIDs, so spending that US eShop money would be quite straightforward on Wii U.

Sify64

Any review for Cubeman 2 ? how is this game?
Cubemen 2 is a pretty fun RTS game with loads of content and customization options. Played about ten hours so far and that is just the two campaigns on normal and expert.
Afterwards, there are more than 8000 user-made levels to try out by yourself, or against other players with seven different modes. Haven't played around with the level editor enough yet to give any opinion

jholmes

I have over 60 digital games on both my Wii U and 3DS, and now I wish I haven't linked my NNID to my 3DS. Nintendo really needs to start sorting things out.

In Nintendo's defence they didn't tell you to register their hardware in different countries.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Teslagrad €14.99 / £13.99
Wooden Sen’SeY Demo

Wii U VC
Super Mario Ball €6.99 / £6.29

3DS
Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip & Kipper Vol. 1 €24.99 / £19.99
Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip & Kipper Vol. 2 €24.99 / £19.99
Phonics Fun with Biff, Chip & Kipper Vol. 3 €24.99 / £19.99
Comic Workshop €5.99 / £5.39

3DS VC
Mega Man™ Xtreme 2 €4.99 / £4.49

========
Price Reductions

Zelda Week
3DS
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - £3.59 (Until September 18th)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages - £3.59 (Until September 18th)
The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons - £3.59 (Until September 18th)
Wii U
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - £3.43 (Until September 18th)
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap - £4.49 (Until September 18th)

3DS
Hometown Story €14.99 / £14.99 / CHF19.45 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Harvest Moon: The Tale of Two Towns €9.99 / £8.99 / CHF14.00 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Hakuoki: Memories of the Shinsengumi €11.99 / £11.99 / CHF15.56 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
BIT.TRIP SAGA €7.99 / £7.20 / CHF11.20 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Virtue's Last Reward €12.49 / £9.99 / CHF15.95 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Beyblade Evolution €9.99 / £9.99 / CHF14.00 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Shifting World €7.99 / £7.20 / CHF11.20 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Girl's Fashion Shoot €7.99 / £7.99 / CHF11.20 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Super Black Bass 3D €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Jewel Master Cradle Of Rome 2 €4.99 / £4.49 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Jewel Master Cradle Of Egypt 2 3D €4.99 / £4.49 (Until 25/09/14 23:59 local time.)
Bit Boy!! ARCADE €4.99 / £4.49 / CHF7.00 until 24/09/14 23:59 local time.
Bibi & Tina - Das Spiel zum Kinofilm €24.99 / CHF31.90 until 12/11/14 23:59 local time.

Permanent
Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - €29.99 / £24.99

Robin64

Why the apathy towards Super Mario Ball?

I never played it so I'm unaware of its flaws.

I think it's "fine". I guess someone looking for a pure pinball game might not like it, it's definitely "adventure pinball". It's a bit chunky feeling.

It's also that period of GBA development where Nintendo were rendering everything and scaling down to sprites in MS Paint. See also Mario vs DK.

daydream

Banned
Why the apathy towards Super Mario Ball?

I never played it so I'm unaware of its flaws.

It has some cool ideas. You basically fulfill different requirements on every screen and get stars, Mario 64-style. There's also items to use and bosses to fight.

However, the fact that a lot of Pinball games use two screens on Gameboy platforms and this one doesn't works to its detriment. It's just really easy to let the ball slip past you which shouldn't be such a big deal IF you didn't lose all the progress you made in the screen you were just in as a result. Thus, the game gets grindy and tedious really quickly.

I love pinball games and this one was really disappointing. I also just found out that it's not made by Nintendo but by Fuse Games (now Silverball Studios). They later did Metroid Prime Pinball which I own but have yet to play.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Metroid Prime Pinball is a lot better than Super Mario Ball, and the DSiWare pinball game they made smokes 'em both.

Top Bottom