• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2014

I managed to get the code before it got pulled. But now it says the following when I try to enter it on the eShop.

I hope I will be able to download it later.
Yep, I'm in the same boat. I love this Kirby game too so it's painful.
You can't redeem Wii VC codes on the Wii U eShop. Go into Wii mode and the Wii shop channel.

He's trying to redeem Kirby Super Star, which was listed as a Wii U VC title.

elmars369

Unconfirmed Member
Don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I have a code for Mighty Gunvolt (3DS/NA region). Anyone want it?

New Club Nintendo downloads are up, available until Oct. 12th:

• Mario Bros (Wii U, 200 coins)
  • Kirby Super Star (Wii U, 200 coins)
  • Super Punch-Out (Wii VC, 250 coins)
  • NES Play Action Football (Wii VC, 200 coins)
  • Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC, 200 coins)
  • Touch Solitaire (DSiWare via 3DS, 150 coins)
  • Legend of Zelda (NES) (3DS VC, 200 coins)
  • Pictobits (DSiWare via 3DS, 200 coins)

>Super Mario Bros.
>The Legend of Zelda

Everybody on the fucking planet already owns these games. What is wrong with them?

He's trying to redeem Kirby Super Star, which was listed as a Wii U VC title.
I misread the info from Super Punch-Out...speaking of which why can they only offer Wii or Wii U (I thought at first they were offering Wii for games not out on Wii U...I really don't pay attention to these)

Wait a second Kirby Super Star. Europe have it? And its 60Hz...I'm really surprised Kirby's Fun Pak was spared being translated into German (and dooming it 50Hz shit, given Adventure), then again Kirby was said to have poor sales...

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Imagine you could be playing Kid Icarus instead. Forgot about your social links.
Is it on sale for <$10?
Basically, yes to the former. You can pick one S per pairing (assuming they can get there), but then you're unable to get S with anyone else. Chrom is the only one who potentially automatically marries somebody.
Thanks. I guess that just means I'll continue ranking interesting couples up to A and then making them avoid each other like high school students that used to date each other. And one last thing, something urgent has happened. I can't find any Logs to buy in any of the shops. If Donnel can't equip his Log, he's gonna start having some serious panic attacks in just a couple of missions. Is there anyway I can snag one from somewhere before that happens?

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Thanks. I guess that just means I'll continue ranking interesting couples up to A and then making them avoid each other like high school students that used to date each other. And one last thing, something urgent has happened. I can't find any Logs to buy in any of the shops. If Donnel can't equip his Log, he's gonna start having some serious panic attacks in just a couple of missions. Is there anyway I can snag one from somewhere before that happens?

If I remember correctly, you can't buy any of those weapons, but you can occasionally find them as lost items in the barracks and possibly event tiles on maps.

Arkam

>Super Mario Bros.
>The Legend of Zelda

Everybody on the fucking planet already owns these games. What is wrong with them?

You would think they know that and would not re-release them agian (for sale, can give away all day long) until they are remade/remastered/enhaned/etc.
How about a Zelda All-Stars for VC? LoZ, LoZ2, ALTTP, and Links Awakening in one 'game' that has been updated with new sprites for HD? THAT is when i feel I need to rebuy LoZ... AGAIN.

RiggyRob

Is it on sale for <$10?

You don't need a Log, just give him a Bronze Lance - if you check Donnel's weapon rating, you should see (I assume) an E, which means that he can only equip weapons with a rating of E. The Log has a rating of E, but so do Bronze Lances - in fact, one of the best ways to level Donnel up is to give him a Bronze Lance that has been forged to have maximum damage at a weapon shop.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
If I remember correctly, you can't buy any of those weapons, but you can occasionally find them as lost items in the barracks and possibly event tiles on maps.
Barracks don't let me down now!
You don't need a Log, just give him a Bronze Lance - if you check Donnel's weapon rating, you should see (I assume) an E, which means that he can only equip weapons with a rating of E. The Log has a rating of E, but so do Bronze Lances - in fact, one of the best ways to level Donnel up is to give him a Bronze Lance that has been forged to have maximum damage at a weapon shop.
No no no no no no. You don't understand. Donnel needs his Log. Does Kid Goku ever not have his Power Staff? Does Ed ever not have his Pocketwatch? Does Mako ever not have scarf? NO! Donnel needs that thing otherwise he ceases to function.

GRW810

Question regarding Wii VC to Wii U VC upgrade:

I've got thousands of Wii Points, so I'm wondering about using them on Wii U. Can I buy a VC game in Wii Mode, then go on the eShop and upgrade it for £1.50? Or does it only to apply to games previously downloaded on Wii and transferred over to Wii U?

I've got a Wii full of VC games but I'm not transferring them. What I do want to do is play Link to the Past (which I don't have on Wii) on Wii U, and I'm wondering if the above method works.

If so it will be even cheaper than this week's discount.

FWIW, I'd definitely recommend playing Wooden Sen'Sey with the Wiimote only and not the GamePad.
Any particular reason?

zroid

Banned
Relevant to this thread so I guess I'll mention it, Target Canada is currently selling eShop cards at 25% off. I picked up $55 this morning for $41.25.

(also PSN cards)

maxcriden

Any particular reason?

Yep! I've read some complaints about how the game controls with the GamePad, I don't recall them off the top of my head unfortunately, but I remember reading that multiple people had an issue with the control scheme on the GamePad. I found it works plenty well with the Wiimote, even if the grappling mechanic has a bit of a learning curve to it.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks

I've got thousands of Wii Points, so I'm wondering about using them on Wii U. Can I buy a VC game in Wii Mode, then go on the eShop and upgrade it for £1.50? Or does it only to apply to games previously downloaded on Wii and transferred over to Wii U?

I've got a Wii full of VC games but I'm not transferring them. What I do want to do is play Link to the Past (which I don't have on Wii) on Wii U, and I'm wondering if the above method works.
Yes, you'll be fine. When I transferred my Wii content to Wii U, it transferred the 500 Wii Points I had left over which I forgot about until a year-ish later, so I used them to get Gradius, then it showed up for a $1 on the eShop.

GRW810

Yes, you'll be fine. When I transferred my Wii content to Wii U, it transferred the 500 Wii Points I had left over which I forgot about until a year-ish later, so I used them to get Gradius, then it showed up for a $1 on the eShop.
Thanks for the reply. A bit annoyed I could have got LttP cheaply ages ago!

Yep! I've read some complaints about how the game controls with the GamePad, I don't recall them off the top of my head unfortunately, but I remember reading that multiple people had an issue with the control scheme on the GamePad. I found it works plenty well with the Wiimote, even if the grappling mechanic has a bit of a learning curve to it.
You're becoming my eShop turn-to guy when it comes to recommendations, advice and tips! Scram Kitty the other week, now Wooden Sen'Say. :)

I'll explore all options in the demo. Game sure does look beautiful from the images you posted your OT.

Cody_D165

Banned
Why is Super Punch-Out 250 coins but the Wii version lol?

That makes no sense to me. I've already got the game anyway but their coin prices just seem so random at times.

TheMoon

I've got thousands of Wii Points, so I'm wondering about using them on Wii U. Can I buy a VC game in Wii Mode, then go on the eShop and upgrade it for £1.50?

Yes of course. It doesn't matter how it got there as long as your Wii Shop Account has a legitimately purchased title that is also available on Wii U VC, you can upgrade it. If it got there via transfer or if you bought it right there on the Wii U in Wii Mode.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So before I buy a bunch of credit from target is there going to be a better deal in the next few weeks?

inner-G

Banned
Ugggh why did I make a new NNID for my Wii U instead of using the one on my 3DS? Now I can't link them to my CN acct. I already bought a bunch of shit on both I didn't know it mattered.

Def getting Kirby though! I may just make a second dummy CN acct to link the Wii U to if I have to

zroid

Banned
Incidentally Superstar is the only game I've redeemed as a reward for the Wii Shop Channel. It was 150 coins back then. I think I'd take 150+$1.50 over 200 any day. :p

Plus I got to participate in that buy 2 get 1 free deal with SNES Kirby games last year, which was rad. Remember when we were praising NoA for their cool VC promotions on Wii U? Good times...

Ugggh why did I make a new NNID for my Wii U instead of using the one on my 3DS? Now I can't link them to my CN acct. I already bought a bunch of shit on both I didn't know it mattered.

Def getting Kirby though! I may just make a second dummy CN acct to link the Wii U to if I have to

Make a family sub account like I did. I tied my main Club Nintendo account to my brother's 3DS and I didn't link it to the 2DS I got at the time since I didn't want the hassle expected my brothers to get some digital games eventually on the 3DS while I was away. I just made a sub account and the coin balance is still there. though in your case, you'll still have to switch between your accounts to make sure you'll get all your coins

inner-G

Banned
Make a family sub account like I did. I tied my main Club Nintendo account to my brother's 3DS and I didn't link it to the 2DS I got at the time since I didn't want the hassle expected my brothers to get some digital games eventually on the 3DS while I was away. I just made a sub account and the coin balance is still there. though in your case, you'll still have to switch between your accounts to make sure you'll get all your coins
Interesting - that sounds like it could work, I'll look up a walkthrough, thanks!

maxcriden

You're becoming my eShop turn-to guy when it comes to recommendations, advice and tips! Scram Kitty the other week, now Wooden Sen'Say. :)

I'll explore all options in the demo. Game sure does look beautiful from the images you posted your OT.

Thanks man, I'm just happy to help! There are a lot of gems on the eShop for sure. I hope you dig Wooden Sen'Sey, we're decently far into the game at this point and I think it's a unique and compelling platformer with a lush style unto its own. I'll be eager to hear your thoughts!

First free game.

Does it redeem on Wii u?
Does it redeem on Wii?
Or does it redeem on the 3DS?

Hmmmmm. Quote to reveal the code and a journey you should go! Please respond once quoted if you obtained it and what game it was, as I don't remember :D

kennah

First free game.

Does it redeem on Wii u?
Does it redeem on Wii?

Hmmmmm. Quote to reveal the code and a journey you should go! Please respond once quoted if you obtained it and what game it was, as I don't remember :D

Someone has faster fingers than i

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important

Any particular reason?

Why? You do know that in doing so it won't erase the games from your Wii, right? You'll have 'em available in both your Wii *and* the WiiU in Wii mode.

joedick

So before I buy a bunch of credit from target is there going to be a better deal in the next few weeks?

eshop cards rarely go on sale in Canada. When the Wii launched it wasn't too uncommon to see 20% off point cards, but it's been super rare the last 5 years or so. If you find a better deal than 25% off in the next few weeks, make sure you let us know about it!

Buy now.

Somnid

Why? You do know that in doing so it won't erase the games from your Wii, right? You'll have 'em available in both your Wii *and* the WiiU in Wii mode.

Not true. The transfer will remove them from the Wii. You're thinking about the upgrade which allows you to have both the Wii and Wii U version.

GRW810 said:

If you own it on the Wii U it's eligible.

wilflare

ditto on that eShop credit stock up.
the biggest discount we got previously was 20 percent off.

buy one get one 25 off isn't too bad I guess.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Not true. The transfer will remove them from the Wii. You're thinking about the upgrade which allows you to have both the Wii and Wii U version..

I have all of my VC games on my Wii. Is it because my Wii was soft modded? I don't think so, they were all and only legit purchases. I can show pics of my Club Nintendo's purchases and the games on both my Wii and Wii U. The Pikmins only delivered copies, lol. The only games that didn't transfer were Lostwinds (dunno why, didn't care tho) and Contra Rebirth but I guess the latter was 'cause it was bought off the UK store since it wasn't released on the Italian store (nor was Gradius Rebirth).

I thought this was normal, am I some kind of special case? Iirc (again, iirc!) vast majority of my Wii games were on the SD card at the time of the tranfer.

EDIT:

Upon researching around it seems it does delete everything off the Wii when you do the transfer so, before I embarrass myself going to the deep end of swearing I'm telling the truth only to be humbled by my bad memory, I guess I'd better go check again on my Wii to see if my games really are still there or I'm badly misremembering things :p

Thores

First free game.

Does it redeem on Wii u?
Does it redeem on Wii?

Not that this isn't nice of you, but didn't you get your CN account temporarily disabled for giving out codes? Like, a week ago?

Somnid

I have all of my VC games on my Wii. Is it because my Wii was soft modded? I don't think so, they were all and only legit purchases. I can show pics of my Club Nintendo's purchases and the games on both my Wii and Wii U. The Pikmins only delivered copies, lol. The only games that didn't transfer were Lostwinds (dunno why, didn't care tho) and Contra Rebirth but I guess the latter was 'cause it was bought off the UK store since it wasn't released on the Italian store (nor was Gradius Rebirth).

I thought this was normal, am I some kind of special case? Iirc (again, iirc!) vast majority of my Wii games were on the SD card at the time of the tranfer.

The soft-mod probably did something. This is not how it normally works.

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...sion/L3RpbWUvMTQxMDIzODA5Mi9zaWQvNGQ4QTdYMW0=

Top Bottom