• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - September 2014

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have all of my VC games on my Wii. Is it because my Wii was soft modded? I don't think so, they were all and only legit purchases. I can show pics of my Club Nintendo's purchases and the games on both my Wii and Wii U. The Pikmins only delivered copies, lol. The only games that didn't transfer were Lostwinds (dunno why, didn't care tho) and Contra Rebirth but I guess the latter was 'cause it was bought off the UK store since it wasn't released on the Italian store (nor was Gradius Rebirth).

They've fixed the Lostwinds transfer if you do it again now, just FYI

zroid

Banned
You can restore your Wii to its pre-transfer state after doing the transfer if it's been modded, but pretty weird if all the games stayed there automatically! I have my games on my Wii still but I had to restore the backup I'd made.

Why is Super Punch-Out 250 coins but the Wii version lol?

That makes no sense to me. I've already got the game anyway but their coin prices just seem so random at times.
My poor reading made me think Kirby was 250...which made sense as it seemed to be the more appealing game. Maybe this is just NOAs way to go "hey nobody redeems Wii Shop prizes, let's stop them and only do 3DS and Wii U"

Ugggh why did I make a new NNID for my Wii U instead of using the one on my 3DS? Now I can't link them to my CN acct. I already bought a bunch of shit on both I didn't know it mattered.

Def getting Kirby though! I may just make a second dummy CN acct to link the Wii U to if I have to
IIRC you can unlink and relink a Club Nintendo account as many times as you like (it is just you can only have it linked to one NNID). It is a bit of a pain having to link, make purchase, unlink every time though. I would certainly recommend exploring that route rather than going down multiple Club Nintendo accounts route.

I guess you could call Nintendo to see if merging is possible but it is unlikely they will help at all.

I thought this was normal, am I some kind of special case? Iirc (again, iirc!) vast majority of my Wii games were on the SD card at the time of the tranfer.
If they were on the SD card the channels stills how up but if you try to launch them they will fail in much the same way inserting that SD card into a different Wii does...

I think with the changing eShop music they should offer an options menu. It is sad that many unique themes might/have vanish/d into the ether...at least officially (remember Mario Kart one? exactly). Then again maybe things have always been like this. Zelda CE has different menu music in the Japanese version for instance.

When does the Target eShop card deal run? Or did I miss it?

Edit: NVM found it. It is until Sunday.

Kind of thinking about getting cards for Theatrythm. Sort of also want to get NSMBU or 3D World, I'm guessing those are the lowest prices those games are gonna be for awhile.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just for those unaware, Steamworld Dig is available in a humble bundle today, meaning you can get it for next to nothing. I'm not sure if it's different from the Wii U version though.

Not great timing on their part.

Japan's releases next week
Wii U
Mario Pinball (GBA)
Lode Runner (Famicom)
Yie Ar Kung Fu (Famicom)
Victory Run (PC Engine)

3DS
Turtle Tale (300 yen)
Some manga

maxcriden

Kirby Fighters Deluxe review, got an 8/10:

Expanding on the original mini-game with team battles, boss fights, collectable cosplay and several new stages, Kirby Fighters Deluxe is both a worthwhile upgrade and a great game in its own right. The lack of online play is a letdown, but this one’s worth finding friends for; local multiplayer is an amazingly good time, and simple controls, helpful handicaps and Download Play make it accessible for all. Series fans will love getting to experience classic copy abilities to the fullest in a new setting, and fighting types will appreciate the variety and depth of the fast-paced Kirby combat — if you find yourself in either camp, Fighters Deluxe deserves a privileged place on your 3DS menu.

http://www.nintendolife.com/reviews/3ds-eshop/kirby_fighters_deluxe

sakipon

That soundtrack is so bad.

You sure? I'm not a fan of any of those artists and that's why I was uncertain if I should buy the game. In the end I got it when it was discounted on PSN, and pretty much all of the songs work great and are fun to play. I don't think gaming soundtracks necessarily need to be what you'd normally listen to.

Though I'll say the game is difficult unless you're good with rhythm games. I can't handle it on Expert and after that there's the Master difficulty. Still, I do like the game, currently I'm trying to 5 star all of the songs on Hard.

jholmes

I'm stoked for Curtain Call next week. The demo is not enough!

... Is there gonna be an OT for it?

The first run will have a five-track CD packed in and the ludicrously overpriced collector's edition has another 20-track disc. But for a separate disc, it's possible as the original game got a big five-CD monster.

maxcriden

The OP's Club Nintendo games expired 3 days ago. Are the new ones up yet?

Yes: https://club.nintendo.com/rewards.do

Via Nintendo Life:

Mario Bros. - 200 coins (Wii U Virtual Console) and awarded 5/10 in our review
Kirby Super Star - 200 coins (Wii U Virtual Console) and awarded 8/10 in our review
Super Punch-Out!! - 250 coins (Wii Virtual Console) and awarded 8/10 in our review
NES Play Action Football - 200 coins (Wii Virtual Console) and awarded 3/10 in our review
Super Mario Bros. - 200 coins (3DS Virtual Console) and awarded 9/10 in our review
The Legend of Zelda - 200 coins (3DS Virtual Console) and awarded 8/10 in our review
Touch Solitaire - 150 coins (3DS eShop) and awarded 6/10 in our review
Art Style: PiCTOBiTS - 200 coins (3DS eShop) and awarded 9/10 in our review

pariah164

The first run will have a five-track CD packed in and the ludicrously overpriced collector's edition has another 20-track disc. But for a separate disc, it's possible as the original game got a big five-CD monster.
I know, I've got the game on preorder. That collector's edition is ridiculous.

I think you thought I was asking if it would have an OST, lol. I was asking of anyone on GAF was making an OT for it. It would be cool, since Curtain Call finally gives us an online mode for multiplayer.

zroid

Banned
I know, I've got the game on preorder. That collector's edition is ridiculous.

I think you thought I was asking if it would have an OST, lol. I was asking of anyone on GAF was making an OT for it. It would be cool, since Curtain Call finally gives us an online mode for multiplayer.

Looks like BroBuzz (changed his name to Frolow) volunteered for it. No idea when it's going up though!

pariah164

Looks like BroBuzz (changed his name to Frolow) volunteered for it. No idea when it's going up though!
Well, it says he was looking for graphic contributors, so maybe he didn't get any. :( Guess I'll ask here if it doesn't go up. I would have offered assistance if I wasn't working on my own OT.

jholmes

Oh, indeed, I read OT as some sort of contracted acronym for OST. This is embarrassing.

So hey, that collector's edition sure is ridiculous! How about that.

jmizzal

BxKrYRKIMAE7Rs4.jpg:large

This game Rock Zombie for Wii U looks pretty cool, I wonder when its coming its from Quaternion Studio and EnjoyUp Games

http://nintendoeverything.com/quaternion-studio-and-enjoyup-games-announce-rock-zombie-for-wii-u/

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
Any ideas about the eshop deals tomorrow? I'm guessing I won't see Link to the Past on Wii U VC given that Super Mario World didn't go on sale :(

Based on that other thread, at least these:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap (Wii U)
Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS)
Mega Man X (Wii U)

I would guess OoT 3D, F-Zero on VC (well, only two options there :/), Kid Icarus Uprising, maybe Wind Waker HD, some more Mega Man VC games, and Sonic Lost World. Who knows though.

Based on that other thread, at least these:

Fire Emblem: Awakening (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda™: The Minish Cap (Wii U)
Sonic the Hedgehog (3DS)
Mega Man X (Wii U)

I would guess OoT 3D, F-Zero on VC (well, only two options there :/), Kid Icarus Uprising, maybe Wind Waker HD, some more Mega Man VC games, and Sonic Lost World. Who knows though.

I forgot about Minish Cap. I'd much prefer LttP and SMW though. I will probably get at least MMX though.

I'm going to guess that we'll see a repeat of similar sales themes for Smash U.

Top Bottom