• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gamerloid

Ugh, as much as I hate to do this, my computer has been out of commission for some time now, so I have no access to photoshop to get the Hyrule Warriors OT done. It work, but the RAM is just too low at this point and it can't open the program anymore. I was trying to hold out in hopes I could still do it, but if I stall any longer there won't be a fancy OT. I guess I'll have to deal and give it up.

Sorry.

Volotaire

Ugh, as much as I hate to do this, my computer has been out of commission for some time now, so I have no access to photoshop to get the Hyrule Warriors OT done. It work, but the RAM is just too low at this point and it can't open the program anymore. I was trying to hold out in hopes I could still do it, but if I stall any longer there won't be a fancy OT. I guess I'll have to deal and give it up.

Sorry.

You could get someone to help you out with it. Perhaps requesting in the Zelda Community OT or something.

Really dumb question that I didn't see an answer to directly in the OP: When dealing with stuff like Japanese games, if I claim one, am I claiming it for the Western or Japanese release date?

Levyne

Banned
Really dumb question that I didn't see an answer to directly in the OP: When dealing with stuff like Japanese games, if I claim one, am I claiming it for the Western or Japanese release date?

Probably really depends on the game. I would say that in the majority of cases the western date would be assumed though if there's an extended period between initial and localization (and neither has been specifically claimed) than you should probably specify like Kayos90 did for Zesteria

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
REMINDER:

I cannot do these threads, can someone please take them:

20th Anniversary of Playstation by MRORANGE
Grand Theft Auto V (PC) by MRORANGE
I would love to do the GTA PC thread but won't they share the same thread as PS4/Xbone since they're being released very tight next to each other? Sorry if this has already been answered.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The PC version releases two months after PS4/XBO versions.
Ah shit, gotcha. Thanks!

So no one interested in GTAV PC? Should I take it? Gonna think a few hours about it.

So no one interested in GTAV PC? Should I take it? Gonna think a few hours about it.

AUQ0PCy.gif

I don't want it. :p

sn00zer

I was considering doing a Gametrailers OT especially with there new editorials, twitch streaming and such...thoughts anyone?

Volotaire

I was considering doing a Gametrailers OT especially with there new editorials, twitch streaming and such...thoughts anyone?

I think go for it, there are already multiple threads such as the Final Bossman, GT Time podcast, and the usual Top 10 lists. People are already cross-posting their videos on the threads. Since GT has turned into more of a personality based site, and there is quite a lot of interest on this board about it, I can't see why not.

But I would ask a mod just in case it isn't bordering on the promotional side of things.

sn00zer

I think go for it, there are already multiple threads such as the Final Bossman, GT Time podcast, and the usual Top 10 lists. People are already cross-posting their videos on the threads. Since GT has turned into more of a personality based site, and there is quite a lot of interest on this board about it, I can't see why not.

But I would ask a mod just in case it isn't bordering on the promotional side of things.

Eh I figure it would be similar to the Giantbomb thread

FluxWaveZ

Not sure if this warrants posting here, but I contacted one of the two responsible for this OT:
Persona 4 Arena: Ultimax by cj_iwakura & we.are.the.armada (16th August, 2013)
And apparently it won't be made, in favor of the import OT, which will be renamed instead.

Coreda

Can someone using their mobile browser tell me if when viewing this post the 'Top Twelve Posters' section images break up into separate rows?

On desktop browsers it's fine as the width makes it the correct 3 rows, but I was wanting to know whether they break up into more rows when seen on a smaller viewport. Helpful to know for OTs and sprites.

Volotaire

Can someone using their mobile browser tell me if when viewing this post the 'Top Twelve Posters' section images break up into separate rows?

On desktop browsers it's fine as the width makes it the correct 3 rows, but I was wanting to know whether they break up into more rows when seen on a smaller viewport. Helpful to know for OTs and sprites.
Wow, that's incredible. Nice work.

It breaks up very strangely on mobile. That said, it's not too bad on landscape on an iPad mini. Only your avatar out of the 12 looks weird, actually.

Also it's a very beautiful post. I wanted to praise it when I saw it, but didn't want to bump the thread.

Coreda

It breaks up very strangely on mobile. That said, it's not too bad on landscape on an iPad mini. Only your avatar out of the 12 looks weird, actually.

Also it's a very beautiful post. I wanted to praise it when I saw it, but didn't want to bump the thread.

Good to know. Reason for the question is any side-by-side graphics may get bumped to a second row, so if they are intended to join horizontally it could look off on mobile browsers (such as for two separate links in what appears like one image).

For the Wasteland OT recently put together I decided to stay with a single image and link for the game store page even though two stores are listed in the image, as otherwise it might break on mobile.

Mudcrab

[OT] Johnathan Hickman's New Avengers/Avengers by Mudcrab (18th September 2014)

So I'd like to create this |OT| as Hickman's work is usually long form and confusing to say the least and it's finally reaching it's conclusion. This thread would be a refresher for the last couple of years, a place to ask questions and discuss the on-going events and potential fallout rather than necroing/making a new thread every time something shocking happens or bogging down the general comicbook community thread.

This is my first attempt at an |OT| so I'd like opinions on the idea.

Edit: No objections so far, guess I'll get to work for posting later this week.

Fracas

#fuckonami
So I've just spoken to Mix, and he's handing off the Halo: Master Chief Collection OT to me. Anyone want to help out? I could use some help with graphics.

pariah164

Can the Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus OT be moved to the October 2014 batch? Has been confirmed an October 14th release date for NA. Thanks.

Man. I hate doing this but I'm going to have to get off of the Crew OT. Too much is going on and I'm the leader of the GAF Driveclub League. Sorry!

Alright so I have two working covers, and I want everybody's opinion on which is better.

I like option 2 more.
I personally like 2 better, but I think 1 will set a better tone and give more immediate visual pointers as to what the game is.

Is there a template you used for this or did you just make this on your own from scratch?

Is there a template you used for this or did you just make this on your own from scratch?

I asked Burnoutbrighter if I could continue to make them in his style after he was banned; he said sure and gave me the names of the fonts and stuff as well as a template. I don't use Adobe Illustrator, so I got the trial and recreated the template in a few days.

I am willing to do people's OTs in this style (PM me) since I enjoy working on stuff like this. I am going to try to stick to one a month.

Nachos

Alright so I have two working covers, and I want everybody's opinion on which is better.

I like option 2 more.

I like option 1 with option 2's layout. I do have two suggestions, though:
  1. Moving the date so that it and the GAF logo are equidistant from the edge would help things look much neater.
  2. As is, the text at the bottom doesn't have much room to breathe. I'd suggest either increasing its vertical padding so that it's further from the edge or moving it somewhere else.

Otherwise, this looks really, really cool. Of love to see it when it's finished.

Yoshichan

Just wondering, when is Nemesis updating the thread? No rush, just wondering!! Love your work and dedication man.

Including your votes as well as a few friends' I still end up with 50/50. I guess I'll need to give it more thought over the next few weeks.

I took HeavenSmiley's suggestion about the date placement (thanks!) and also have kept the layout from option 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom