• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
The emergency one which should be available in the guild hall if you had your HR unlocked in MH4.

I did it during the weekend with my group and it takes around... 30 minutes to get all the required items.

Hmm I did one of them so have the upper rank village quests and the next emergency one is something else currently I think.

Ill check again later need to finish up a bunch of work emails and whatnots first... D: GAF isnt helping as usual lol

Oh geez those are so easy cmon

Then again you might be referring to first gen

Ive been playing since the first one on the PS2. So much stuff overall has gotten a lot easier since then. lol.

I still say the hardest game was Dos. I mean it was so ramped up that people were literally making death threats against the producer Tanaka-san, who I have met before. Dude is a genius seriously as he had the whole vision for wifi and hotspots in his head way before it all became put into mainstream use. Know he left the gaming industry for a while, but I heard from a friend that hes back in the industry now.

After that frontier, but thats a given since its designed as an "MMO" so to speak therefore they needed to rebalance it to make it a huge time sink and keep folks online. Which they sure as hell did. So it was like Dos difficulty on steroids.

Everything since then has literally gotten easier. Even 4G I noticed the hitboxes are a lot more lenient than than they used to be. As Ive clipped through things that normally should have hit me. Which left me going WAT several times now.

Parakeetman

Hip check hitbox is still borked though.

It's been 10 years, Capcom!

lol ganototos? 真空体当たり

my buddy and i started calling it that ever since he got hit from the opposite side of the body attack it did towards me. Was hilarious watching him fly in my direction for no apparent reason. Took off half his life back then good times.

I still personally hate how "ranged" attacks fly through solid objects. Like for example the spit from enemies... D: Capcom plz.

Hmm I did one of them so have the upper rank village quests and the next emergency one is something else currently I think.

Ill check again later need to finish up a bunch of work emails and whatnots first... D: GAF isnt helping as usual lol

Ive been playing since the first one on the PS2. So much stuff overall has gotten a lot easier since then. lol.

I still say the hardest game was Dos. I mean it was so ramped up that people were literally making death threats against the producer Tanaka-san, who I have met before. Dude is a genius seriously as he had the whole vision for wifi and hotspots in his head way before it all became put into mainstream use. Know he left the gaming industry for a while, but I heard from a friend that hes back in the industry now.

After that frontier, but thats a given since its designed as an "MMO" so to speak therefore they needed to rebalance it to make it a huge time sink and keep folks online. Which they sure as hell did. So it was like Dos difficulty on steroids.

Everything since then has literally gotten easier. Even 4G I noticed the hitboxes are a lot more lenient than than they used to be. As Ive clipped through things that normally should have hit me. Which left me going WAT several times now.

I am seeing people call out how easy 4G is from a balance perspective

Mostly with regards to the mounting mechanic and the Charge Blade.

Sigh... I mean its fine and i applaud people for finding effective and clever ways to scroe quick kills

I still feel like some of the mechanics undermine the difficulty. Maybe this is what lead to the creation of the Extreme fights. I would rather they revisit the underlying mechanics a bit though.

Parakeetman

I am seeing people call out how easy 4G is from a balance perspective

Mostly with regards to the mounting mechanic and the Charge Blade.

Sigh... I mean its fine and i applaud people for finding effective and clever ways to scroe quick kills

I still feel like some of the mechanics undermine the difficulty. Maybe this is what lead to the creation of the Extreme fights. I would rather they revisit the underlying mechanics a bit though.

The jump thing is just another way to add to what folks already figure out with stun locking enemies to cut down their ability to react to the players even more.

Its a great game which is fun so I dont mind all of that, but its interesting to see it evolve.

Personally I would like an updated move set, similar to how frontier has had some optional changes to weapons.

Parakeetman

I hope it isn't too easy, my friends and I are counting on getting at least six months out of this :p

For like hardcore vets, the game might be easier, but generally it still gives more than enough challenge and hours of amusement. So you wont have to worry about that.

Kyoufu

Well at least it's not as easy as MHP3rd. That game was a joke. So far I find that MH4G's difficulty is where it should be considering how popular of a game it is now. Even in MH2/P2nd you could cheese monsters through stunlocks and OP weapons anyway.

Parakeetman

Well at least it's not as easy as MHP3rd. That game was a joke. So far I find that MH4G's difficulty is where it should be considering how popular of a game it is now. Even in MH2/P2nd you could cheese monsters through stunlocks and OP weapons anyway.

Granted this is a low rank quest in MHF still hilarious what players come up with when they are bored. Still one of my favorite vids from back in the days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYKvbJl3CJ4

Just found this whoever recorded and put this together is insane! very cool stuff from MH4.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eOtHkBM39c

Seriously when people constantly make vids like this for MH and fans keep sharing it Capcom seriously doesnt need to do much marketing lol

Garou

Shout-out to Zornica, great hunts tonight! The Animal Crossing-stuff was easy, but the G-rank urgent was quite thrilling and then I was able to show that even in G-rank armor I can still suck against a Seruregios ;) Felt good to down him in the end. Great hunts!

Parakeetman

Shout-out to Zornica, great hunts tonight! The Animal Crossing-stuff was easy, but the G-rank urgent was quite thrilling and then I was able to show that even in G-rank armor you can still suck against a Seruregios ;) Felt good to down him in the end. Great hunts!

I wonder how long it will be before a modified NEW 3DS is out that allows for recording. Since would be great to get some MHGAF footage.

Tenbatsu

Not getting online as am busy clearing village quests atm and I would say that the difficulty is on the easy side so far. Am at star 9. Not sure if it's just me but the game seems easier than MH4?

Garou

Not getting online as am busy clearing village quests atm and I would say that the difficulty is on the easy side so far. Am at star 9. Not sure if it's just me but the game seems easier than MH4?

The village-stuff is still only high-rank, so with Endgame equipment from MH4 or early G-equipment it is of course easier than the other stuff.

Vuze

What Garou said. I'm doing the quests with a Goa x Goa S armor set and non endgame weapons on purpose and the difficulty feels pretty good.

Zornica

Banned
I wonder how long it will be before a modified NEW 3DS is out that allows for recording. Since would be great to get some MHGAF footage.

you wouldn't need a new 3ds with a capture device..
vuze can capture footage, in fact, I'm still waiting for our doubble jang video :p
(and others ;) )
But I guess he's done with 4..

although you could still uploaded it as some kind of "special feature"

Vuze

you wouldn't need a new 3ds with a capture device..
vuze can capture footage, in fact, I'm still waiting for our doubble jang video :p
(and others ;) )
But I guess he's done with 4..

although you could still uploaded it as some kind of "special feature"

In fact I still have the recordings on my hard drive but my upload management was rather bad within the last weeks before 4g hit, still had to do all those HR keyquests n stuff :x

Maybe I'll upload it as some bonus footage or we can redo it in 4G with double extreme rajangs ehehe

About the New 3DS capture card: katsukity is doing some research right now apparently, no idea about loopy.

Garou

Who is already G3 here? The urgent-quest to the next rank must be THE most unpopular quest ever.

I create a lobby with the quest for 20+ minutes, not a single player comes. I hang the key-quest before that and the Lobby fills within 2 minutes. We clear the key-quest with ease, I hang the urgent-quest to the wall --> lobby empties within 10 seconds.

A long special-hunt that takes 20+ minutes, is quite difficult and the gear that can be made from the monster is shit = fuck you Capcom :(
We need a coordinated Gaf-effort on this one.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Who is already G3 here? The urgent-quest to the next rank must be THE most unpopular quest ever.

I create a lobby with the quest for 20+ minutes, not a single player comes. I hang the key-quest before that and the Lobby fills within 2 minutes. We clear the key-quest with ease, I hang the urgent-quest to the wall --> lobby empties within 10 seconds.

A long special-hunt that takes 20+ minutes, is quite difficult and the gear that can be made from the monster is shit = fuck you Capcom :(
We need a coordinated Gaf-effort on this one.
I just reached G3 with the help of my friends. We did the quest in under 10 minutes (4 people).
I'm a bit surprised to be honest, since the "Chaos Magala" stuff doesn't seem half bad.

Btw., Nintendo/Capcom blocked posting 4G screenshots to miiverse 2 days ago. A message about this change is displayed when trying to access miivers with 4g running.

Vuze

Btw., Nintendo/Capcom blocked posting 4G screenshots to miiverse 2 days ago. A message about this change is displayed when trying to access miivers with 4g running.

What? Why is that? :/

Also sorry, nowhere near G3 yet. Just finished the village quest storyline with Rusted Kusha. What a random and dissatisfacting ending, I expected to fight and kill the guy... cutscenes were dope tho!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
What? Why is that? :/

Also sorry, nowhere near G3 yet. Just finished the village quest storyline with Rusted Kusha. What a random and dissatisfacting ending, I expected to fight and kill the guy... cutscenes were dope tho!
It just says that the maker asked to turn off the ability to post screenshots, doesn't say why.

zQv5BRA.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Huh, it says right there they turned it off because Capcom wants to prevent spoilers.
Oh, lol. I didn't notice the first damn word. I blame reading it at 2 am :p
Still, there is a spoiler option, so the only thing that comes to my mind is preventing screenshots from hackers, who could show future stuff...?

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Yeah it's due to hackers posting pics of their hacked gear and hacked guild quests that forced the ban :/

Garou I can help with the G3 urgent if you still need help. Just gimme a time and I can do that one quest. I got the ammo for it too :D

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yeah it's due to hackers posting pics of their hacked gear and hacked guild quests that forced the ban :/

Garou I can help with the G3 urgent if you still need help. Just gimme a time and I can do that one quest. I got the ammo for it too :D
I hope we'll get a patch soon like with MH4...

Garou

I just reached G3 with the help of my friends. We did the quest in under 10 minutes (4 people).
I'm a bit surprised to be honest, since the "Chaos Magala" stuff doesn't seem half bad.

Not the urgent TO G3, the urgent FROM G3.

Like I said above, it's the urgent from G3 to
crown-bronze. Fucking Gogumajios.
. Are gunners viable there? I might play tonight, so any help would be appreciated.

Garou

And regarding those hacked quests: really Capcom? Again? You had one year to lock that shit down...

Parakeetman

And regarding those hacked quests: really Capcom? Again? You had one year to lock that shit down...

its a game to the "hackers" to break new shit so it really should not come of any surprise it happened.

pretty much impossible to fully protect against short of taking hands off from folks.

Tenbatsu

In MH4, I saw players with stats of 999 for every options available. I got out of the room immediately. Also fought one Kirin sub guild quests where the Kirin was stuck at the end of the guild quest area. Cleared it but I never save, kinda worried it will corrupt my save file.

Btw the difficulty feels good for Star 10 :)

Garou

its a game to the "hackers" to break new shit so it really should not come of any surprise it happened.

pretty much impossible to fully protect against short of taking hands off from folks.

Well they can't break what is inside the core-gamefiles, right? It's because guild quests can be traded through Streetpasses that this is possible or so I thought. For MH4 Capcom released a patch that made the game only recognize GQs that were realistically possible, so how can this happen again?

Vuze

Well they can't break what is inside the core-gamefiles, right? It's because guild quests can be traded through Streetpasses that this is possible or so I thought. For MH4 Capcom released a patch that made the game only recognize GQs that were realistically possible, so how can this happen again?

Well in fact they extended that and now in 4G you can't even host modified guild quests that are impossible to get legitimately (maybe they have found a way around this, not sure). However, there is no real way to prevent people from modding their cartridge savedata and this is an even easier way to gain access to future DLC equip than GQs. Only possible solution would be to make the stuff "real" DLC so the data is not on-cartridge.

Still it sucks they shut down the screenshot feature because of this. Who the hell cares about the what? 5 free DLC armors of which 3 have been announced officially? lol

Garou

Well in fact they extended that and now in 4G you can't even host modified guild quests that are impossible to get legitimately (maybe they have found a way around this, not sure). However, there is no real way to prevent people from modding their cartridge savedata and this is an even easier way to gain access to future DLC equip than GQs. Only possible solution would be to make the stuff "real" DLC so the data is not on-cartridge.

Still it sucks they shut down the screenshot feature because of this. Who the hell cares about the what? 5 free DLC armors of which 3 have been announced officially? lol

Which in turn raises the question why the local save is editable like that? Games like Animal Crossing are locked down and encrypted and as soon as you touch it the 3DS won't recognize it anymore, so why not do the same? I have to admit I am not in-the-loop on save-hacking but I assumed some game saves were untouchable.

The thing with DLC is that most likely partners are involved and those promotions are planned, there are contracts, etc.

Vuze

Which in turn raises the question why the local save is editable like that? Games like Animal Crossing are locked down and encrypted and as soon as you touch it the 3DS won't recognize it anymore, so why not do the same? I have to admit I am not in-the-loop on save-hacking but I assumed some game saves were untouchable.

The thing with DLC is that most likely partners are involved and those promotions are planned, there are contracts, etc.

Mh, I don't know maybe it was very failure-sensitive or something? Not even Pokémon has some additional check as far as I know so... really, no idea.

How are they hacking the save data? This is why I hate homebrew and roms. And don't blame Nintendo's region lock because people would have hacked the 3DS anyway.

I mean, if you want to play reductive games from 1950, go do it on PC or Smarphone. Seriously...

Kyoufu

How are they hacking the save data? This is why I hate homebrew and roms. And don't blame Nintendo's region lock because people would have hacked the 3DS anyway.

I mean, if you want to play reductive games from 1950, go do it on PC or Smarphone. Seriously...

What does region lock have to do with homebrew

Vuze

Read savedata from cartridge, decrypt it, edit it, encrypt it, write back to cartridge, done. It's easy. Also I really don't mind it. It's not like MH is a competitive game after all and I don't play with randoms, never came across a cheater in MH4. If they don't want to have fun with the game, whatever.

Parakeetman

Read savedata from cartridge, decrypt it, edit it, encrypt it, write back to cartridge, done. It's easy. Also I really don't mind it. It's not like MH is a competitive game after all and I don't play with randoms, never came across a cheater in MH4. If they don't want to have fun with the game, whatever.

No the problem is it will fuck your data, which is why they warned people not to play the hacked quests.

Folks who want to mess with data on their own thats fine and dandy, but when it comes to messing with other folks data thats not cool.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Finally cleared G3 and got my crown. I can totally understand why people run away when they have to do that last quest. I'll probably have to do it quite a few more times with most of my friends who are playing, lol.

Parakeetman

Finally cleared G3 and got my crown. I can totally understand why people run away when they have to do that last quest. I'll probably have to do it quite a few more times with most of my friends who are playing, lol.

nice, so how bad is that quest anyways?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
nice, so how bad is that quest anyways?
It's not "bad", but takes a really long time and it's best done with a full party, since you want to have people to attack the monster directly and 1-2 people to operate the cannon etc.

Parakeetman

It's not "bad", but takes a really long time and it's best done with a full party, since you want to have people to attack the monster directly and 1-2 people to operate the cannon etc.

Ah its one of those kill the giant asshole quests lol.

Top Bottom