• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4G - Info & Import-Thread - The biggest Monster Hunter ever

Bastos

Guys, I've always played MH solo on my PSP but never had the opportunity to play it online and next month I'll be playing this like crazy with some friends, but there are some stuff I don't know yet.

I know that there are separate missions to run when playing with other friends but how does one get equipped on these modes? Just keep doing the low ranking hunt missions together to grab some parts, craft them, defeat more high ranked monsters, grab parts, craft them, repeat?

Or people tend to get equipped playing solo before going online? Do I use the same character on SP and MP?

Also are there dos and don'ts when playing online?

Guys, I've always played MH solo on my PSP but never had the opportunity to play it online and next month I'll be playing this like crazy with some friends, but there are some stuff I don't know yet.

I know that there are separate missions to run when playing with other friends but how does one get equipped on these modes? Just keep doing the low ranking hunt missions together to grab some parts, craft them, defeat more high ranked monsters, grab parts, craft them, repeat?

Or people tend to get equipped playing solo before going online? Do I use the same character on SP and MP?

Solo and MP and intrinsically linked dude. Lots of crossover

The difference is the quests available and the difficulty. The monsters tend to have more HP to account for 4 players

Other than that the loot and equipment setups are mostly the same.

Vuze

Yes, same character, same everything. You can switch between offline/local/online as you like.

As for the equipment question, i enjoy playing the game Solo Low -> Guild Low -> Solo High -> Guild High -> Guild G. This way you're never overpowered. But that's up to you.

Bastos

Solo and MP and intrinsically linked dude. Lots of crossover

The difference is the quests available and the difficulty. The monsters tend to have more HP to account for 4 players

Other than that the loot and equipment setups are mostly the same.
Oh, that's why It took so long to defeat Fatalis solo >.>

I thought it was just hard...

Yes, same character, same everything. You can switch between offline/local/online as you like.

As for the equipment question, i enjoy playing the game Solo Low -> Guild Low -> Solo High -> Guild High -> Guild G. This way you're never overpowered. But that's up to you.
Oh, okay then, was just worried about "over-progressing" my friends or vice-versa, but since it's all linked there's no need to worry.

Thanks for the answers :)

Nachos

So, I didn't expect this to release in the west so soon, and I'm worried that with the new semester approaching, I'll need to make the 4U OT within the next week to ensure that I'll have everything ready for the 13th.

If it's not too much trouble, can I ask for some help looking over the rough draft I'll prepare in the next few days, to make sure I don't miss anything? I'm still relatively new to the series, so I'm worried I'll forget something either related to the gameplay or to the crossovers.

daydream

Banned
Found the demo intriguing (total MH newcomer here) but man, I sucked at it. Failed to kill the monster from the first mission in time. I like using ranged weapons but the bow sure took some getting used to. I'll have to try the bowgun, see if I can get a better handle on that.

Nachos

Found the demo intriguing (total MH newcomer here) but man, I sucked at it. Failed to kill the monster from the first mission in time. I like using ranged weapons but the bow sure took some getting used to. I'll have to try the bowgun, see if I can get a better handle on that.

Try all of the weapons when you get the chance. I'd say the ranged weapons have some of the steeper initial learning curves, but they're a lot of fun once they click.

I know the demo was only for Club Nintendo members, but where their other requirements? Did you have to be Gold or Platinum? Did you have to have registered your 3DS (I neglected to because I kept hoping for a good "register your 3ds now and get awesome shit" deal that never came)? Was it only sent to random members? I just want to make sure I didn't screw myself out of the demo vs. just being unlucky.

Or I could wait for it to hit the eshop or just sit tight for a month, but who has time for that :p

Top Bottom