• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official HaloFest Thread | We're so f**cking tired of shooters...and #butts

Ogimachi

Something tells me most of this comments come out of people that weren't even in to begin with.

Also nightfall doesn't look as terrible as it thought it would, mm weird.
"Something" tells you, huh? Some of us were expecting a return to old form, not another COD take on "evolution".

Stopmotionkai

Neo Member
Nightfall is cool so far, though the editing and line delivery seems pretty inconsistent so far, special effects don't bother me so far. Wish i wasn't watching it on a stream lol

Nightfall is eh, cheesy but I can live with that. Hoping it picks up later like Forward Unto Dawn did.

Halo 5 looks legitimately good, though I'm still not 100% clear on some it. Smartscope in particular.

But hey, that's what we're getting a beta for!

Increased mobility and verticality in FPS arena shooters might be my favorite trend so far this console generation.

Titan Fall, COD:AW and now Halo 5, all giving the player the ability to move around the environment in fast and fun ways that factor directly into the combat (and retreat).

Me likey.

Indeed. It adds a new dimension of gameplay and skill. Unfortunately Advanced Warfare's kill times are so fucking short it renders a lot of those moves useless. But this game...fuck, it's a year away.

Vire

Is the footage of Halo 5 that was shown tonight going to be available at a later point at 60 FPS for us to download?

I'd appreciate it greatly!

That's a special version lol. Not the regular version. As someone else said, Fist of Rukt vs hammer.

Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. I just heard the announcer screaming "OMG THE PROPHET'S BANE" and I started cracking up.

Wait....where are these poor makeup aliens coming from? How do we know their language, how did neither us nor the Covenant ever see them before?

What is this, I don't even. I am feeling embarrassed for exploring expanded Halo fiction for the first time.

Doukou

Is the footage of Halo 5 that was shown tonight going to be available at a later point at 60 FPS for us to download?

I'd appreciate it greatly!

Ah okay, that makes a lot more sense. I just heard the announcer screaming "OMG THE PROPHET'S BANE" and I started cracking up.

Prophet's bane makes you faster if you have it.

Honestly Nightfall is not that bad. It seems just like ABC's Agents of Sheild.

I don't really care for Agents of Shield but this is TV worthy. Not film worthy ... a lot better than that last Halo webisode thing that came out.

cheezcake

Why in every sci-fi does "it" have to be an element? just stick with compound. Element makes no bloody sense for the love of god.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Will the classic scope/zoom be an option at least?

I don't want to have half my screen obstructed by the weapon every time I zoom. The classic scope looks much better, much more elegant. I really hope it's still an option.

Certainly not in beta. But try it, coherently complain. Who knows? Dec 29.

Doukou

Wait....where are these poor makeup aliens coming from? How do we know their language, how did neither us nor the Covenant ever see them before?

What is this, I don't even. I am feeling embarrassed for exploring expanded Halo fiction for the first time.

Human and Sang'heili cross breed

They're finally getting close to what Shadowrun did over 7 years ago!

Hahahaha, TRUTH!

I loved that game. And that's probably a big part of the reason I also loved Reach, despite it's problems. It felt like a wonderful hybrid of Halo and ShadowRun and it was sooooo close to pulling it off perfectly.

Black-Box

Kinda looks like a forerunner.

Stinkles, can you confirm whether or not we're going back to classic Halo-style CTF, without the flag indicators? I hated that change to COD style CTF.

Also, you guys are going to include at least one big map for us BTB fans in the beta to play with the full sandbox, while the arena guys get their 4v4 on, right? :D

Top Bottom