• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey V announced

L~A

Teaser trailer: YouTube

tumblr_nfjou8MxqF1qlzy1qo1_1280.jpg

Yup, it exists. Full title to be revealed at a later date.

Staff:

B3Niw_sCcAMUhDE.png:large

Makonero

About time. If they expand on the EOIV overworld idea and make a more compelling/memorable story, that would be amazing.

duckroll

Shigeo Komori is directing EOV? That's really interesting, because up until now he's been directing the EO Untold games instead. I wonder if Daisuke Kanada is going to make Untold 3 instead?

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
About time. If they expand on the EOIV overworld idea and make a more compelling/memorable story, that would be amazing.

This! If they take the good ideas from the EO1 remake combined with the great game that is EOIV then this could be amazing. The potential is there.

L~A

Tks7MtB.png

"Etrian Odyssey" in the Japanese title!

There's a bunch of "translated" words throughout the teaser, I wouldn't take that as confirmation of anything.

But anyway, all EO games have come out in the West so far, there's really no reason for Atlus to stop. But then again, I got the feeling this one won't come out before a loooong while, so... Localisation probably won't be announced right now.

Watch Atlus USA announce a localisation this week just to prove me wrong, ha ha.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Ooooooooooook, great. Now I'm even more sure to go clean my Atlus backlog in early '15 (I'm planning to pick up EO4, SMT4 and PersonaQ starting from January)

ZeroX03

Banned
Cool. I'll forget about this for a while, but look forward to saying "oh yeah this was coming!" just before launch. EOIV was fun.

NISa has been pretty good with the European localizations so far. The only worry is the time they'll take for it to be available.

Hopefully it'll be as long as Persona Q is taking, though I suspect this is because it is Persona game and not an Etrian game.

vareon

There's a bunch of "translated" words throughout the teaser, I wouldn't take that as confirmation of anything.

But anyway, all EO games have come out in the West so far, there's really no reason for Atlus to stop. But then again, I got the feeling this one won't come out before a loooong while, so... Localisation probably won't be announced right now.

Watch Atlus USA announce a localisation this week just to prove me wrong, ha ha.

I'm not taking it as a localization tease, but the tone of the teaser, the title design (it looks like SMT!) and the inclusion of "Etrian Odyssey" kind of suggests me that they're doing something different.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
YAY!
Please hurry up and bring it over. I need this yesterday.

So, do I need to get into this series?

I downloaded demos to EO4 and Millennium Girl but haven't really tried them past a few minutes. Everyone on GAF seems to love these games.

duckroll

I'm not taking it as a localization tease, but the tone of the teaser, the title design (it looks like SMT!) and the inclusion of "Etrian Odyssey" kind of suggests me that they're doing something different.

I just take it as a sign that the staff in Japan are more aware of the worldwide appeal a series has these days. I wouldn't say it's a sign of something different. Just look at what happened with Castlevania's branding.

Nachos

Come to think of it, the choice of colors reminds me of SMT4 and its usage of orange as a highlight for white/black.

Shiina

Hmm, I'm getting a Millennium Girl vibe from this trailer. Not that it's a bad thing, but EOU didn't grab me as much as the rest of the games.

As long as it has classic, expert, good dungeons and no grimoires I don't think I really care what they do with the story.

KarmaCow

I hope this is a return to a more traditional EO game with a giant continuous dungeon and minimal traditional narrative. Though that teaser image shows off an over world with a bunch of areas.

Top Bottom