• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Myth – Fulland of Water and Light announced for console

Publisher Bushiroad Games has announced Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Myth – Fulland of Water and Light for console. A developer, genre, specific platforms, and a release date were not announced.

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Familia Myth – Fulland of Water and Light follows an original story, with a scenario drafted by series creator Fujino Oomori. Further details were not announced.

Watch the announcement teaser trailer below (starts at 1:11).

STARSBarry

Gold Member
So are all these games just terrible mobile gatcha trash that will be pump and dumped within 2 years?

Or is this a genuine attempt to make a game?

Last edited:

Aion002

Whats going on in Japan and their naming conventions? Every game or anime nowadays has this dumb retarded "I just want to go to the toilet - a poop adventure" type of names. I am getting old.
They're based on light novels and:

"Light novels are displayed with the spine outwards, so having an attention-grabbing title can cause a potential reader to check out the book and its actual summary in a way a one-word title might not."

They're based on light novels and:

"Light novels are displayed with the spine outwards, so having an attention-grabbing title can cause a potential reader to check out the book and its actual summary in a way a one-word title might not."

I see, so its because the new generation has huge attention deficits. I was expecting the rest of the world, Americans especially, but not in Japan where they still have tough and rigorous education.

Chastten

Banned
I agree that the title is absolutely stupid, but the anime itself is actually quite good.

This trailer tells me absolutely nothing though. I'd be all over a Granblue Fantasy Relink kind of game, set in the DanMachi universe, but that's probably way too much too ask.

StereoVsn

If you think THESE are the weird and obtuse titles, you should throw a peek at the world of light novels for a good laugh.
mNHShQB.gif

Celcius

°Temp. member
I agree that the title is absolutely stupid, but the anime itself is actually quite good.

This trailer tells me absolutely nothing though. I'd be all over a Granblue Fantasy Relink kind of game, set in the DanMachi universe, but that's probably way too much too ask.
My thoughts exactly. I was hoping there would be a screenshot or summary of their goals or something.

Aion002

I see, so its because the new generation has huge attention deficits. I was expecting the rest of the world, Americans especially, but not in Japan where they still have tough and rigorous education.
More like because of the way that the books are displayed, for example, imagine if Dragon Ball was a light novel:

It would be displayed side by side with other books and only the title would be visible, the other books are all light novels and Dragon Ball is a new book, made by an unknown author, a possible buyer starts reading the titles and see Dragon Ball, that's it... He doesn't know what heck that thing is about, maybe is about a Dragon that lost one of his balls? Who knows? But right next to it theres a book called: I am from another planet and when I was a child I was sent to earth to conquer it, but then I got amnesia and I was raised by a human and I became the strongest fighter!

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF

But right next to it theres a book called: I am from another planet and when I was a child I was sent to earth to conquer it, but then I got amnesia and I was raised by a human and I became the strongest fighter!

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

I would absolutely pick Dragon Balls or Persona or Dragon Quest or whatever the fuck over that novel. The whole idea of a story is to be obtuse, to intrigue, to make you wonder, "huw wonder whats this about". Fucking hell.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

More like because of the way that the books are displayed, for example, imagine if Dragon Ball was a light novel:

It would be displayed side by side with other books and only the title would be visible, the other books are all light novels and Dragon Ball is a new book, made by an unknown author, a possible buyer starts reading the titles and see Dragon Ball, that's it... He doesn't know what heck that thing is about, maybe is about a Dragon that lost one of his balls? Who knows? But right next to it theres a book called: I am from another planet and when I was a child I was sent to earth to conquer it, but then I got amnesia and I was raised by a human and I became the strongest fighter!

Futurama Shut Up And Take My Money GIF
I agree which is why Lord of the Rings should have been:

“I am powerless and short, but with help of a King, Wizard, dwarf and an Elven Princess I successfully disposed of some jewelry in a volcano”.

Aion002

i dont want to live on this planet anymore GIF

I would absolutely pick Dragon Balls or Persona or Dragon Quest or whatever the fuck over that novel. The whole idea of a story is to be obtuse, to intrigue, to make you wonder, "huw wonder whats this about". Fucking hell.

Most people are stupid, so they have to please most people. Light novels are made for the most casual readers and teens, they’re full of tropes, fan service and power trips, some are really good, but most are just garbage written by teenagers for teenagers.

“I am powerless and short, but with help of a King, Wizard, dwarf and an Elven Princess I successfully disposed of some jewelry in a volcano”.
lord of the rings no GIF

IFireflyl

Gold Member

It's more like:

“I am powerless and short, and even with the help of a king, a wizard, a dwarf and an Elven princess, I was incapable of disposing of some jewelry in a volcano, so my finger got chewed off.”

Last edited:
A logo with Japanese writing. Got me so pumped. /s

Edit: saw the other trailer and it might be good. Enjoyed the anime seasons.

Last edited:

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
Whats going on in Japan and their naming conventions? Every game or anime nowadays has this dumb retarded "I just want to go to the toilet - a poop adventure" type of names. I am getting old.
I appreciate names like this. It immediately tells me that I’m not a huge enough weeb to enjoy it and I should move on.

Lord Panda

The Sea is Always Right
It's more like:

“I am powerless and short, and even with the help of a king, a wizard, a dwarf and an Elven princess, I was incapable of disposing of some jewelry in a volcano, so my finger got chewed off.”

It's more more like:

“I am powerless and short, and even with the help of a king, a wizard, a dwarf, an Elven princess, and another based short mofo with a frypan, I was incapable of disposing of some jewelry in a volcano, so my finger got chewed off and God had to stepped in. Bravely default fullmyth magicka chronicles triple chapter final prologue. Infinite undiscovery ver.1.22474487139"

Top Bottom