• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Delta Force - Official Announcement Teaser Trailer

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

"Our team has always been interested in creating realistic military-themed shooter games," said producer Shadow Guo. "As the producer, my first FPS game was Delta Force, and it left a lasting impression on me. Delta Force was celebrated for its realistic depiction of open-world combat, large-scale multiplayer PVP, and its portrayal of "Tip of the Spear" Special Operations Forces. Even today, these features continue to have immense appeal and there remains potential for more innovation. We hope to show the evolution of these features, while carrying on the legacy of the gameplay pillars. That's why we decided to reboot the Delta Force franchise. We're proud to carry on that tradition and create a large, dangerous, and unpredictable world, where you need to complete various missions, face challenges, and earn rewards."

When describing the tone and feel of the new Delta Force, Guo told IGN, "Our objective is to uphold the authentic essence of the original Delta Force game while infusing a near-future flavor from both artistic and narrative perspectives. To achieve this, we developed the overarching storyline with realistic themes, employed real-life actors for character building, utilized photogrammetry for 3D world creation, captured tactical movements from military professionals, and sought guidance from former Special Forces personnel to ensure an authentic tone of resolute realism and professionalism within the military theme.

“Our campaign mode is based on the movie 'Black Hawk Down.'”

"In addition, our campaign mode is based on the movie “Black Hawk Down.” Players will be able to experience authentic and thrilling battles from the celebrated movie. Our team has extensively studied the movie and delved into the historical context respectfully. This dedicated research enabled us to recreate a truly authentic and immersive gaming experience that captures the essence of that monumental event."

Guo also told us that the new Delta Force will continue the large-scale PvP multiplayer tradition of the original 1998 game. "Our game designers chose to build an immersive multiplayer battleground that could accommodate even larger-scale PVP than the previous 32-player limit. To create a grand atmosphere of combat on ground, sea, and air, we designed a variety of methods for engagement and maps that integrate diverse terrain features such as vertical height differences and caves, as well as different vehicle routes.

"Our game designers chose to build an immersive multiplayer battleground that could accommodate even larger-scale PVP than the previous 32-player limit."

"We also created unique, technologically advanced vehicles that players can use in the game, including assault vehicles, helicopters, armored vehicles, attack boats, terrain vehicles, jeeps, pickups, fighter jets, and drones. These vehicles add to the gameplay experience of large-scale PVP."

VN1X

Banned

"Say HULLO to Delta Force Hop Ops!"
/cut to South Park's City Work

3x.webp

EDIT: Omg I lost it at the end. Had to step away from the PC for a bit there.

Last edited:

Piggoro

Lost my interest the moment heroes came up. The game has incredible Crossfire X vibes. Wish dot com Battlefield. Delta Force is dead.

hlm666

Not sure if the RTX trailer has anything new, i'll leave it here anyway. Doesn't even say exactly what RTX features to expect.

bender

What time is it?
I still remember when IGN review DF: Black Hawk Down two weeks ahead of release and gave it an 8.9. You scratch IGN's back with an exclusive review and they'll scratch your back with an inflated review.

CamHostage

I still remember when IGN review DF: Black Hawk Down two weeks ahead of release and gave it an 8.9. You scratch IGN's back with an exclusive review and they'll scratch your back with an inflated review.

You're talking about the PC game? I thought people liked Delta Force Black Hawk Down. It was always a budge, off-and-on series that Novalogic couldn't ever completely capitalize on (although the open strategy was notable,) but I don't remember there being some huge backlash against Black Hawk Down other than that it was too stand-alone and its own gameplay, not anywhere near a proper Delta Force 3 for its fans. As a standalone game though, afaik, Black Hawk Down was one of the better ones in the franchise.

(Also, "exclusive review" wasn't really of a thing in online publications at the time. Back then, if you got your hands on a copy, there wasn't much to stop you from using it to review. Editors would make friends with GameStop employees and practice on import copies and stuff like that to work advantage angles. It wasn't until magazines started to disappear and publishers put all their focus on web, including strategic and sometimes legal focus, that "exclusive review" with review embargoes and the carrot of being the first to publish became a thing. I believe the first promoted "exclusive review" ran on 1UP since they had already picked up the practice from magazines, and it wasn't until almost the Xbox 360 era.)
(*I know I'm not going to convince you that my facts are better than your conspiracy, but I know Ivan Sulic, and it's funny to me that you think he's a guy who would have been happily paid off back then.)

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
You're talking about the PC game? I thought people liked Delta Force Black Hawk Down. It was always a budge, off-and-on series that Novalogic couldn't ever completely capitalize on (although the open strategy was notable,) but I don't remember there being some huge backlash against Black Hawk Down other than that it was too stand-alone and its own gameplay, not anywhere near a proper Delta Force 3 for its fans.

(Also, "exclusive review" wasn't really of a thing in online publications at the time. Back then, if you got your hands on a copy, there wasn't much to stop you from using it to review. Editors would make friends with GameStop employees and practice on import copies and stuff like that to work advantage angles. It wasn't until magazines started to disappear and publishers put all their focus on web, including strategic and sometimes legal focus, that "exclusive review" with review embargoes and the carrot of being the first to publish became a thing. I believe the first promoted "exclusive review" ran on 1UP since they had already picked up the practice from magazines, and it wasn't until almost the Xbox 360 era.)
(*I know I'm not going to convince you that my facts are better than your conspiracy, but I know Ivan Sulic, and it's funny to me that you think he's a guy who would have been happily paid off back then.)

Yep. Having loved the series and the book, this was a massive letdown. Really awful AI.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

📢📢📢Introducing: Zero Dam. Once an engineer marvel envisioned to benefit millions in Ahsarah, Zero Dam now has been reduced to a mere remnant of what it once was. Within the tight grasp of the local gang, this area promises both great treasures... and dangers. Will you and your team emerge victorious?

Now there is a trip down memory lane i have not at least in 25 years played deltaforce xD but back in the days i played all the main liners not the side game Black Hawk Down. but Delta Force 1-2-3 was the jam. Good Times.

gamer82

not really into army games as much & i still haven't touched cold cold war since picking it up on the cheap i blame the backlog and collecting of stuff i never get around to :messenger_tears_of_joy: . i will say those visuals are nice :messenger_beaming: maybe give it a look at some point i didnt mind advance war campaign.

Last edited:

Red5

There's nothing Delta Force about this game, where are the open levels? The slow tactical pace? The realistic weapon and setting? It looks more like a typical arena hero shooter with the named Delta Force slapped on.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Delta Force: Hawk Ops is a free-to-play multiplayer first-person tactical shooter developed by Timi Studio. Get a look at the new trailer for Havoc Warfare, the large-scale PvP mode for Delta Force: Hawk Ops, Havoc Warfare puts players into a large team on a massive map, featuring authentic terrains and including military vehicles, tanks and helicopters in a grand war. Delta Force: Hawk Ops is coming soon to PlayStation 5, Xbox Series S|X, iOS, Android, and PC.

Last edited:

WitchHunter

Banned
Someone with a 12 year old's imagination conjured a game like this. Sigh... seriously, it's like feebleminded people sit down in a diner, share their stories and this is the result

Top Bottom