• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[VGC] Geoff Keighley says this year’s Gamescom ONL is ‘less about announcing new projects’

Knightime_X

So if say Bloodborne 2 is secretly being made and releasing within a year it'll get announced?
Or any game within that timeline?

Or just games ALREADY announced?

TheBomb

Spongebob Squarepants Worlds Smallest Violin GIF

Perrott

Gold Member
I feel that at most we'll be getting a new look at Death Stranding 2 given how Kojima has been messing around with the "editing machine" these past few days.

And people really try to fool themselves to think gaming isn't a shallow husk of its former self. Roll the clock back 10+ years and watch how much better these events used to be simply due to the sheer volume of new games coming out. I blame both the increased graphical fidelity making for longer and more complex development cycles coupled with the retiring of old guard veteran developers and their millennial and zoomer replacements being devoid of talent and creativity. This is the result of the unholy marriage, very few new games and the ones we do get are derivative, low quality vessels that only serve to make shareholders money and push the developers political agendas.

Fbh

Sounds like an easy skip. Will watch the 1-2 relevant trailers on youtube later.

If we stop giving Geoff attention, he will eventually go away. Just like the Kardashians.

People hate on him too much IMO.
At least he is still trying to put on showcases. Most of them suck but from time to time has good ones (like TGA from last year).

No Geoff doesn't mean better showcases, it means fewer showcases.

StueyDuck

What ever happened to that second "huge" Sony showcase that was meant to happen around this time that all the usual insiders were going on about.

The speshal nicks and the jezzy doo doos

Dirk Benedict

Gold Member
Makes it an even easier pass

These shows are easier to miss out on due to the fact that we can pick and choose what we want to consume, after it's all been shown.
Rather than wait for it to play out and endure things we don't care for. It's win-win, either way. You hype for the show? Fine. You want to cherry pick what interests you after the show? (y)

YukiOnna

Guess people should tone down their expectations a tad even further.

Sounds good to me, just need to have something to enjoy with updates till TGA.

People hate on him too much IMO.
At least he is still trying to put on showcases. Most of them suck but from time to time has good ones (like TGA from last year).

No Geoff doesn't mean better showcases, it means fewer showcases.
Agree, it provides good time for those interested and some news throughout the year regularly. Nothing wrong with updates on existing games over new announcements IMO.
I have fun with it. I can't be as harsh as I would be on the HW Companies because they own the games on top of designing their shows.

bitbydeath

What ever happened to that second "huge" Sony showcase that was meant to happen around this time that all the usual insiders were going on about.

The speshal nicks and the jezzy doo doos
They’re always wrong.
If we get anything it’ll likely be in September again, like last year.

Top Bottom