• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil HD Remaster confirmed for PS3/PS4/360/XB1/PC

Sectus

hmm after some further reading it seems Una was the voice and Inezh was the actual actress, I'm terrible at finding the info I want though lol, but will keep reading.

EDIT: I give up lol, there is next to zero info on Inezh (that I can find anyway), aside from "Mikami said in an interview that she was a stubborn high-school girl at the time". It's up to Detective Gaf ;)

"Stubborn high school girl." Is that a thing with Mikami, he likes getting really young girls to star in his games? Julia Voth was only 16 years old when they got her as face model for REmake. It makes the recent interview with him seem even more hypocritical.

KyleCross

Wrong. No one knows who played Jill. She was a high-school girl in Japan at the time and happened to land the part, so she likely just never actually got into any form of show business and just went on to live a normal life.

However, various of the other actors had been hunted down over time.

Here, I made this image a few years back myself using the latest pictures I could find of the actors:

F82BhL7.jpg

Also amusing tidbit: Lynn Harris (who played Rebecca) is responsible for the campy voice acting in RE1. The production was short a voice director and she volunteered to do it without any experience.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
"Stubborn high school girl." Is that a thing with Mikami, he likes getting really young girls to star in his games? Julia Voth was only 16 years old when they got her as face model for REmake. It makes the recent interview with him seem even more hypocritical.

He probably just wanted fresh faces. To be fair, Jill Valentine (the character) is also supposed to be ex-delta force, ex swat and whatnot at the tender age of 24.

RE: topic ... man i can't decide .. should i push the button to order the Asian version on Play-asia or not. It *says* english there,but i really wanna wait for someone to physically confirm it on GAF before ordering it.

dolabla

Best check your pre-order if you pre-ordered on Play-Asia.

I just checked my Collector's Package pre-order on Play-Asia and it says "preparing order"
party0006.r191677.gif

Sectus

He probably just wanted fresh faces. To be fair, Jill Valentine (the character) is also supposed to be ex-delta force, ex swat and whatnot at the tender age of 24.

RE: topic ... man i can't decide .. should i push the button to order the Asian version on Play-asia or not. It *says* english there,but i really wanna wait for someone to physically confirm it on GAF before ordering it.

Capcom themselves confirmed Asian version will support English, so it's a safe bet. I'm expecting Japanese version to support English too.

Best check your pre-order if you pre-ordered on Play-Asia.

I just checked my Collector's Package pre-order on Play-Asia and it says "preparing order"
party0006.r191677.gif

Whoo, it says the same for me. I'll also be a happy banana if I actually receive the game quickly.

Mengetsu

Wrong. No one knows who played Jill. She was a high-school girl in Japan at the time and happened to land the part, so she likely just never actually got into any form of show business and just went on to live a normal life.

However, various of the other actors had been hunted down over time.

Here, I made this image a few years back myself using the latest pictures I could find of the actors:

F82BhL7.jpg

Also amusing tidbit: Lynn Harris (who played Rebecca) is responsible for the campy voice acting in RE1. The production was short a voice director and she volunteered to do it without any experience.
One of them must know her name and the mystery can be solved. This needs to be a episode of Myths on Gametrailers lol

Timu

Hmm, can't wait to hear impressions from those who imported it, like the changes they made from the previous remake.

dolabla

Whoo, it says the same for me. I'll also be a happy banana if I actually receive the game quickly.

I may be sad when I receive mine :(. I currently don't a have a PS3 to play it on since my 60gb PS3 finally crapped out on me after 7 years.

I was hoping there would be a good deal this black friday on PS3's (which is why I've been waiting for about 3 months to get another one), but all the ads I've seen are offering no deals on PS3's. The last hope is maybe a surprise deal by Amazon or something. Or wait a little longer to see if there are any Christmas type deals. If not any luck there, I guess I'll just go ahead and purchase one for the msrp.

Sectus

I may be sad when I receive mine :(. I currently don't a have a PS3 to play it on since my 60gb PS3 finally crapped out on me after 7 years.

I was hoping there would be a good deal this black friday on PS3's (which is why I've been waiting for about 3 months to get another one), but all the ads I've seen are offering no deals on PS3's. The last hope is maybe a surprise deal by Amazon or something. Or wait a little longer to see if there are any Christmas type deals. If not any luck there, I guess I'll just go ahead and purchase one for the msrp.

Oh yipes. If you're super desperate to play it quickly and you own a 360, you could buy a digital 360 copy. That'll be released the same day.

dolabla

Oh yipes. If you're super desperate to play it quickly and you own a 360, you could buy a digital 360 copy. That'll be released the same day.

I actually do have a 360, but I don't have Japanese/Asia region account. Plus I dunno what it is, but it just seems kind of strange to me to play a classic Resident Evil game on Xbox, lol.

Probably has something to do with where I have originally played these games (Playstation and Nintendo platforms). Some nostalgia exists there.

adamsapple

huh.

just watched the second developer video, so apparently they're rendering SOME of the areas in the game with full polygons, ditching the 2D art, this is very interesting.

They're using a mix of 2D Upscaled images, with some areas redrawn to higher rez, and additionally some areas rendered as fully polygonal areas.

While all this sounds fascinating, it ultimately means that there will be a difference in quality between areas. Which is readily apparent based on the pre-release shots too.

It's an interesting approach, and one that works better than simply upscaling 2D images through out the entire game.

-MD-

The "new" control method doesn't ruin it, or remove any tension, thankfully.

I don't see how this could possibly be the case, you have direct control to turn in any direction you want instantly, with default controls you don't.

So when exactly is this out? I thought PS3 version was out this week, can't find anything about it.

Or is it worth to wait for the PS4 version, which I assume is still "early 2015"?

adamsapple

So when exactly is this out? I thought PS3 version was out this week, can't find anything about it.

Or is it worth to wait for the PS4 version, which I assume is still "early 2015"?

PS3 version is out on the 27th. This is for both Japan and "Asia" (which includes English and Japanese voices and subtitles). US and PS4/One versions are slated Early 2015, with no confirmed date.

PS3 version is out on the 27th. This is for both Japan and "Asia" (which includes English and Japanese voices and subtitles). US and PS4/One versions are slated Early 2015, with no confirmed date.

It is for the Japanese version(which has English subtitles), on the 27th according to Play Asia.

Ok, if I decide to import it... will the PS4 "1080p" actually be any difference to "720p" since I've seen people say even the 1080p footage looks like shit, does that mean the "720p" is even shittier etc... any opinions on PS3 vs PS4 even though it's hard to say before it's released.

Sectus

This can't be said enough.

I think it also made the character movement more natural. I can't think of many games from that time which managed to have such realistic animations with a "weighty" feel to the controls. It made it look and feel more realistic. The new instant turning with zero animation is gonna make that aspect far worse.

Considering the developers were stubborn enough to not do anything with the door animations, I'm surprised they think the implementation of the new controls was okay.

FinalD

They got me - again: ordered the "collector's package" on Play Asia. Hopefully the gift wrapping will keep customs away, because the shipping costs are high enough as it is.

JebusF

Neo Member
I don't see how this could possibly be the case, you have direct control to turn in any direction you want instantly, with default controls you don't.

I know, and that's what I thought. I was strongly against using them, but... I don't know what to tell you, I just found they worked. I was playing the same game that I have loved for so long, and it felt tense, and had me on edge.

It's the art style, the direction - that's why it works, for me. The tank controls never "made it", as such, just like the modern controls don't break it.

Is there any reason to pay the 5 dollar premium for the Japanese CE as compared to the Asian one? Should be the same right?

Edit: Jesus, don't remember play-asia shipping always being so expensive. 16 dollars for economy!

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist

Cowboom usually has refurbished PS3's for 99 bucks if that's low enough for you.

Bastos

Is there any reason to pay the 5 dollar premium for the Japanese CE as compared to the Asian one? Should be the same right?

Edit: Jesus, don't remember play-asia shipping always being so expensive. 16 dollars for economy!
afaik the Japanese version doesn't have english audio and text, only the Asian one.

Parsnip

While all this sounds fascinating, it ultimately means that there will be a difference in quality between areas. Which is readily apparent based on the pre-release shots too.

Yup, that's probably the worst part, it's so uneven.
They should have had an option for nearest neighbor scaled backgrounds for purists.

Chabbles

Has anyone been charged by Play asia yet for this ?.
Just wondering since roughly the same amount was taken out of my bank account yesterday, but no email from play asia or anything.

Sectus

Play-asia is still listing the order as "preparing order" for me. They should send it already, grr.

Has anyone been charged by Play asia yet for this ?.
Just wondering since roughly the same amount was taken out of my bank account yesterday, but no email from play asia or anything.

They might have updated your order to the same status as the rest of us. They probably charge credit card orders at that point.

Chabbles

Play-asia is still listing the order as "preparing order" for me. They should send it already, grr.

They might have updated your order to the same status as the rest of us. They probably charge credit card orders at that point.

Yep, my orders on "preparing order". And if you click on "click here for more details" under "My Orders", it says "Preparing order - Your payment has been cleared and we are preparing your order now." So its all good, just wanted to make sure since it didnt mention playasia in the bank statement.. and that can be explained by this from the order page ,
"We may have obtained authorization from your bank to collect funds on shipping date. Some banks list this as a deduction in your balance however it is not."

Top Bottom