• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning, BCT. Hope y'all have a happy nappy one. Gonna go peddle for 50+ miles so I can eat as much as I fucking please today..Thanksgiving tradition! Y'all be safe..

strobogo

Banned
“Here’s the lessons from Ferguson America- Don’t let your kids growup to be thugs who think they can steal, assault & attack cops as a way of life & badge of black (dis)honor. Don’t preach your racist bullsh*t “no justice no peace” as blabbered by Obama’s racist Czar Al Not So Sharpton & their black klansmen. When a cop tells you to get out of the middle of the street, obey him & don’t attack him as brainwashed by the gangsta a**holes you hang with & look up to. It’s that simple unless you have no brains, no soul, no sense of decency whatsoever. And dont claim that “black lives matter” when you ignore the millions you abort & slaughter each & every day by other blacks. Those of us with a soul do indeed believe black lives matter, as all lives matter. So quit killin each other you f*ckin idiots. Drive safely.”

ted-nugent-01.jpg

ted_nugent.jpg

You could say he just put the black community in a ...Stranglehold.

csi-miami-horatio-caine-sunglasses.jpg

I love the whole its not racism when a black cop/guy shoots a white man bullshit as if that is some shit that happens extremely as often as white cop shoots an unarmed black man that gets let off on some bullshit.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I love the whole its not racism when a black cop/guy shoots a white man bullshit as if that is some shit that happens extremely as often as white cop shoots an unarmed black man that gets let off on some bullshit.

i love how people still wait for mumei to come in and save their asses with links/articles/etc

jWILL253

Banned
So, the district attorneys of Ferguson intentionally took advantage of the ignorance of the grand jury, then proceeded to confuse them when they did find the correct information?

I don't know how they can walk in the streets without being shot, let alone be able to look themselves in the mirror. They brought sadness, anger and pain to millions of Black American hearts by misleading the jury towards a desired outcome.

And for what, exactly? What is their motive? What do they get out of this?

DY_nasty

how you gonna shit on the ignorance and manipulation of the grand jury when you just said voting is pointless?

DY_nasty

You know damn well those two things aren't even remotely similar.

yeah they are

if people don't display the give a fuck necessary to know and test their elected officials then why the hell would you expect these same elected officials - who haven't really had to give a damn about minorities ever - to cater any of their practices towards them? this jury of peers is an exact representation of the entire affair. dumbasses set for other dumbasses while the people above it all go on protecting their own and keeping a status quo on track by letting dumbasses know that they should keep on hating other dumbasses for being dumbasses

yeah they are

if people don't display the give a fuck necessary to know and test their elected officials then why the hell would you expect these same elected officials - who haven't really had to give a damn about minorities ever - to cater any of their practices towards them? this jury of peers is an exact representation of the entire affair. dumbasses set for other dumbasses while the people above it all go on protecting their own and keeping a status quo on track by letting dumbasses know that they should keep on hating other dumbasses for being dumbasses

What's even more saddening about this all, this was a shit show from the jump. People were calling McCulloch out on his shit in August: his ties to police foundation, his chairmanship of a group fundraising for Wilson's defense, the process of his evidence dump, his personal history as a prosecutor with police cases, and the lost of his father. Yet now, even typically informed people are just picking up on this stuff.

We all need to take a step-back and realized how rigged this system is, and it's by design. As long as we're making excuses for it, not actively paying attention to all parts of it, and disengaging out of anger, we're playing a role in maintaining it.

It sucks, it's unfair, but we must stay politically engaged!

jWILL253

Banned
yeah they are

You know what? Fuck it, you're right.

But my question is, who is the onus on to inform the ignorant? The ignorant themselves, or the people with the knowledge and power?

DY_nasty

What's even more saddening about this all, this was a shit show from the jump. People were calling McCulloch out on his shit in August: his ties to police foundation, his chairmanship of a group fundraising for Wilson's defense, the process of his evidence dump, his personal history as a prosecutor with police cases, and the lost of his father. Yet now, even typically informed people are just picking up on this stuff.

We all need to take a step-back and realized how rigged this system is, and it's by design. As long as we're making excuses for it, not actively paying attention to all parts of it, and disengaging out of anger, we're playing a role in maintaining it.

It sucks, it's unfair, but we must stay politically engaged!

spot on

as for the 'progress' - it is happening. but people will fail to notice it because it still sucks. just a few years ago you would've never heard about this at all. you would've never seen infuriating debates, social media fuckery, or worldwide attention. the dialogue is actually happening and it isn't forced. that's a hell of a long ways from sprinkle some crack on him and take a vacation.
You know what? Fuck it, you're right.

But my question is, who is the onus on to inform the ignorant? The ignorant themselves, or the people with the knowledge and power?

Don't even care. America has spent centuries cultivating stupid people into what they are. After my contract I'm getting out of here anyways. Maybe they sort it out. Maybe they won't. Not my problem. Never was.

RP912

Banned
happy thanksgiving everybody

y'all heard that CM Punk podcast yet?

listening to it now and yes wwe can get fucked.

Hearing about the medical shit is blowing my mind because you would think they would have learn from been wah. Sure they have a overkill wellness policy, but when you have a wrestler that has staph infection and you just shrug it off...that's not the type of place I would work for...

Getting them endeavors on your wedding day though....Vince be ruthless.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Not my problem. Never was.

That's bullshit mane. It's everyone's problem. It's just whether you decide to carry the burden or ignore it. In some ways it's more morally fucked up to have the knowledge to pass onto others but decide to let niggas burn because of indifference then to use it for out right evil.

That's bullshit mane. It's everyone's problem. It's just whether you decide to carry the burden or ignore it. In some ways it's more morally fucked up to have the knowledge to pass onto others but decide to let niggas burn because of indifference then to use it for out right evil.

DY bout to run from this country like he ran from his kids

DY_nasty

I already 'carried the burden' when I drove down to New Orleans with some friends to help out in the aftermath of Katrina. There weren't even news crews around for the shit we saw and had to put up with. Did a ton of community service and volunteer work in Charlotte and Detroit. I'm done. Not because of the oppressive system but because of the droves of people who claim to give a damn only when the nightly news tells them to and because of the people who care for a week at a time then go right back to surrounding themselves and others in bullshit. You can't just want change when its convenient and popular.

I'll pass knowledge all day long but its not on me to make someone listen. Especially someone who's on the receiving end of oppression. That's a personal responsibility. Everyone's personal responsibility. No one is going to research this shit for you. Tell you how to argue your own case, etc.

So I'm taking my shit elsewhere. I keep saying it but no one here owes America shit. You can leave. Why not?
DY bout to run from this country like he ran from his kids

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom