• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Black Culture Thread |OT9| More Priest, Less Hudlin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silky

Banned

---

Welcome to the BCT. Where everything from Little Caesars to 'what's hot on the streets' is up for debate. First off, we'd just want to thank everyone that has made a contribution to this thread, community, or across the forums in one of the many race-related threads in the past or plans to do so in the future. Its not easy and I know it gets old, but its appreciated and necessary. Next, this isn't a "Blacks Only" spot by any means. Any and all are free to hop in. Consider it open mic. All are welcome to keep it real.

The icebreaker from Honorable Big Brother Himuro is still a great way for new members, lurkers, and juniors to take the first step to contributing to the discussion(s) as a whole.

Where you're from-
Where you live-
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-
Do you know your roots-
Your Age-
Favorite musical genre-
Your profession/major/career interest-
Your religious affiliation-
Hobbies-

Also be ready to answer the age-old question, KFC or Popeyes.

Let us begin with Naturals Law, ratified by the Black Council in 2011.

Natural's Law - is a humorous observation made by GAF poster MWS Natural in 2011 which is becoming an Internet adage. It states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving black people approaches 1. In other words, Natural put forth the hyperbolic observation that, given enough time, in any online discussion regarding any form of conflict someone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to discrimination faced by blacks.

-------------------------------------------------------
The IRC chatroom is up and running, just PM someone for the info.
-------------------------------------------------------

Honorable Brother MorisUkunRasik has started up BCT's Official Podcast "So Well Spoken." (Updated regularly)
http://www.sowellspoken.com/
F6V4vUJ.jpg

Logo by Honorable Sister Devolution

We also have top secret operations being conducted around the world.

Results of OT8

Slayven the Nino Brown of posting, we are just G Money compared to him

tumblr_lvp4ihL41s1qc4cp9o1_500.gif

oxZKOse.jpg

ap186J4.png

rSpO2Nq.jpg

This contribution is from Brother Harson.

S3Vvo2R.gif

This contribution is from Brother Riovane.[/QUOTE]

Trey

How is the devolution ethering of Slay not in the OT?

I demand a do over, Dreamdrop do your stuff.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I never filled this out.

Where you're from-Pittsburgh, PA
Where you live-Tulsa, OK
Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy-lily-white irishman, heavy irish ancestry
Do you know your roots-Yep
Your Age-34
Favorite musical genre-gothic rock
Your profession/major/career interest-entertainment/pr/real estate. I do all three!
Your religious affiliation- Buddhist
Hobbies- kideo games, making music, lifting weights. Dogs.

DrFunk

not licensed in your state
Hi all

We've come a looong way from the barbershop..wish I could find my fist post from there

I admit, I was going to suggest

BCT |OT9| Putting the Chaos into the Chaos Emeralds

based on all the latest bickering.

But I was too late. And this is good.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
this shit dope Vince and I'm low key jelly.
What equipment and programs do you use ? cant believe how good it sounds on my crappy laptop speakers.

That's awesome to hear, I use a bunch of different things to adjust levels and sounds but I spent a LOT of money on Magix 2014 sound pools giving me a bunch to work with.

Furyous

This post feels naked without a subtitle.

I feel like it's moving time but, but, but, I don't know where to move to. I need a thriving community of black professionals around me because this place sucks. However, rent can't be too high on some Manhattan shit.

IT'S ALMOST TIME FOR THE 3 KINGS TO PILLAGE THE NBA. Happy Lebronukkah!!!
WORSHIP. THE. GIANT. ROYAL. PENIS.
I can't wait for the Cleveland Cavaliers to start playing basketball. This is one of the greatest seasons in Cavaliers history.

Browns playing solid minus last week. Let's forget about last week. Hoyer gon Hoyer your favorite team.

Charlemagne is an asshole for asking Logic about his sister....

Them breakfast club interviews are on point as usual and tone done Charlemagne. The Brilliant Idiots podcast is Charlemagne uncensored. It's surprising that Combat Jack didn't steal on (old school slang) Charlemagne's co-host. Dude deserved it, IMHO.

I never properly introduced myself so here goes

I'm from and live in Virginia
I'm Black and Asian
Idk about Roots but I can tell you about the Jacksons: An American Dream
I'm 27
I'm partial to R&B, will listen to New Jack Swing until gumby fades are back in style.
I'm a Navy contractor
No religious affiliation
I spend the majority of my time off with headphones on.
Anyone of says anything blasphemous about Popeyes biscuits is my enemy.

Slayven

I never properly introduced myself so here goes

I'm from and live in Virginia
I'm Black and Asian
Idk about Roots but I can tell you about the Jacksons: An American Dream
I'm 27
I'm partial to R&B, will listen to New Jack Swing until gumby fades are back in style.
I'm a Navy contractor
No religious affiliation
I spend the majority of my time off with headphones on.
Anyone of says anything blasphemous about Popeyes biscuits is my enemy.

You are the future......

ANy sisters?

I never filled this out.

Where you're from- Saint Louis, MO
Where you live- Saint Louis, MO

Your cultural heritage, lineage and genealogy- African American, something else on my fathers side blended into me.

Do you know your roots- I honestly forgot which tribe my mothers side is from in Africa. My fathers side is interesting. His grandfather or grandmother was most likely white, my grandmother on my fathers side is black. My mom and dad just started ancestry.com to help find out what happened to many of their family members, interesting shit.

Your Age- 19

Favorite musical genre- Jazz-Hop - Dream-Pop - Rap/Hip-Hop - Folk. I don't really know.

Your profession/major/career interest- Graphic design or computer science

Your religious affiliation- ??? I don't really follow a god, though I like the principles of many different religions. I'm probably Agnostic, not really sure, don't really care.

Hobbies- I love cars, art, traveling (I can travel the U.S for free :p) photography.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom