• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieli

Oh shit. Didn't notice Kodansha has Togashi'd Vinland Saga.

Need to complete my collection before Amazon jacks up the price.

Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun

Finished the 12 episode Anime and thoroughly enjoyed it... I have now begun to read the manga and have noticed that the Anime grabed some scenes from all over the place while changing it a little in order to make it connected in a strory like timeline

Nevertheless I enjoyed this series due to its comedy so I won't mind if it is just gags

Oh.... and

FT

Dragons and stuff and no explanation and Acnologia being a coward and blah blah Zeref blah blah FT

Inu X Boku Secret Service Vol.05

2VcIoWW.jpg

It's pretty weird how it goes from where the anime ended. I mean, the way anime set up this series you could expect how hjinks in the apartments instead of going deep into the youaki route about reliving lives, sealed memories and this weird relationship that is probably one step from a yandere level.

Moonlight

Banned
Can anyone here recommend a couple of currently running series I could jump into? I'm in dire need of time to kill, and I'm finding anime a lot harder to just sit down and watch lately.

Right now I'm following:

- Prison School (the GOAT)
- Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
- Tokyo Ghoul:re
- Shokugeki no Soma

Not really sure what else to get into. My tastes are pretty broad, though, so hit me with whatever and I'll probably check it out.

upandaway

Can anyone here recommend a couple of currently running series I could jump into? I'm in dire need of time to kill, and I'm finding anime a lot harder to just sit down and watch lately.

Right now I'm following:

- Shokugeki no Soma

Not really sure what else to get into. My tastes are pretty broad, though, so hit me with whatever and I'll probably check it out.
Try out Baby Steps and Himouto

Right now I'm following:

- Shokugeki no Soma

Ore Monogatari!! - Romance
Kingdom - Historical/Shonen
Monster Musume - Smut
Onepunch-man - Shonen with amazing art

Finished/Low update rate

Me and the Devil Blues (by Prison School author, far different style) - Drama
Teppuu - Sports, MMA
Strongest Man Kurosawa/Shin Kurosawa - Drama
Berserk - Dark Fantasy Seinen
Franken Fran - Body Horror
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - Seinen/Romance

That's decent variety I think.

PK Gaming

Right now I'm following:

- Shokugeki no Soma

Hmm

Might I suggest Yamada and the 7 witches?

The World is Mine end

Way too many words for such an unsatisfying ending. Goddammit, I only kept up with this because I was expecting Toshi and Mon to die awful painful deaths, not get worshiped as gods.

Fuck this series.

Vito

Banned
Someone finally translated the Kase-san Christmas special story

Too bad digital raws more often then not are bleh looking. Main scanlators still lagging 3 chapters behind. These other guys also did a nice Love Live! doujinshi.

P.S: Shono Kotaro's C86 Asuka doujinshi is p. cool as well, oh and Kahasina's Mogami C86 one has a cute story.

Drifters Vol.01

Take your famous heroes, warriors, generals, etc throw them into a fantasy world and have them at it.

This is pretty fun. Nice selection of heroes so far, I'm liking the main three trio. I'm pretty surprised there's some fun comedic parts in the series and the action definitely looks good.

Looking forward to seeing the great Toyohisa kick some butt and collect some heads.

Moonlight

Banned
Try out Baby Steps and Himouto

Ore Monogatari!! - Romance
Kingdom - Historical/Shonen
Monster Musume - Smut
Onepunch-man - Shonen with amazing art

Finished/Low update rate

Me and the Devil Blues (by Prison School author, far different style) - Drama
Teppuu - Sports, MMA
Strongest Man Kurosawa/Shin Kurosawa - Drama
Berserk - Dark Fantasy Seinen
Franken Fran - Body Horror
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer - Seinen/Romance

That's decent variety I think.

Hmm

Might I suggest Yamada and the 7 witches?
Ah, thanks for this. I'll check these out, see what sticks, and report back (I guess?). One-Punch Man and Me and the Devil Blues in particular seem interesting.

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 143

Boo this being the way they figure out who they are.
Like that he has a chance to fight them when they're serious.

Yakitate!! Japan 148

This better not be the bread zombie I have been promised.
Kuroyanagi still best. Don't like all the comedy around suwabara's feelings about losing though.

Yakitate!! Japan 150

Having them do Jam is really god damn stupid.

Shinkaigyo no Anko-san

Recommended to me by El Sloth, it's a manga about different types of mermaids living in a school together with humans (they take medicine to grow legs for the day.) Mermaids can be of any variety of fish, some of the ones shown are a Great White Shark, Hagfish, Starfish, and Anglerfish. A lot of the humor comes from the mermaids biology of that animal, like the Great White Shark accidentally scaring everyone off because of her jagged teeth and scowl from her bad eyesight, which I like.
Not the kind of monster girl manga I'm used to, more cute then lewd. There are some yuri elements though, the main character being an Anglerfish and attracting everyone with the light on her head and her mermaid enthusiast best friend.

Pretty enjoyable, I hope it gets more translated as there's only one volume done.

Revo

Yakitate!! Japan 155

Kuroyanagi will go to any length for the appropriate reaction.

Yakitate!! Japan 157

B-B-But the manager can't leave!
And above+100.

Yakitate!! Japan 163

Seeing Kawakichi reduced to this is just sad. I expected Azuma to lose sometimes during this, but the way the opp is drawn just kills any enjoyment I could have from him losing.

Yakitate!! Japan 170

I swear if he stays as a god damn panda.

Yakitate!! Japan 173

Are you fucking with me.

Mob Psycho 100 76
Oh damn, would've been brutal if it was their bodies.

Fairy Tail 413
And we are coming to a close. Zeref, Dragons, theres nothing much left in the FT series.

Fairy Tail Zero 6
And thats where Hades got his scar.

So I finally read the first chapter of that 1 pokemon manga that was supposed to be for a more mature audience, Pokemon ReBurst. It was alright until 1 part, he became a pokemon hybrid. Lmfaoooo fuck that, just from that I already know why it failed, I dont want to read about a kid who can turn into zekrom fighting other people who can also turn into pokemons.

Usobuko

Banned

Right now I'm following:

- Shokugeki no Soma

I'm not one but I think we have some resident Shoujo and Josei expert here, not sure if you are interested in them. Personally I will recommend

7 Seeds
Honey and Clover
Kakukaku Shikajika ( Kuragehime author )
Ohana Holoholo

And there was this manga where a 40 year old divorcee return back to her hometown and fall in love with someone who was once from her highschool.

Liar Game 198

Yokoya right now:

TCbE5tg.jpg

AKIYAMAAAAA!

Can you even call this a plan?
At this point it looks more like luck.

Really? Both teams didn't decided a stalemate because of luck, Akiyama definetly did something.

The real WTF factor here is why nobody in the LGT predicted this scenario...

Nightbird

Appearently the Shounen Jump TOC of the next Issue is already leaking.

Here the incomplete Version for Issue #06-07/2015 wich goes on Sale January 5th:

Cover: All current WSJ Protagonists celebrating New Year

01. Assassination Classroom 122 (Lead Colour Pages)
02. Toriko 307
03. One Piece 772
04. My Hero Academia 25
??
??
??
08. Hinomaru Zumou 31
??
??
??
??
??
??
15. E-Robot 6
16. Hi-Fi Cluster 16
17. Judos 17
18. The Disaster of PSI Kusuo Saiki 130
19. One Shot replacing Workd Trigger
20. Sporting Salt 15

World Trigger (absent)

Hunter x Hunter (still on Hiatus)

Issue also includes a Poster with all current Jump Heroes with Gon from HxH being drawn by the Author of Hero Academia Kōhei Horikoshi

Usobuko

Banned
Terrarium in Drawer ( End )

This beautiful combination of unrestrained imagination, quirkiness, multiple artstyles and the light-hearted tone made for ease of reading.

It's not exactly top tier quality but it was certainly refreshing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's just one very long fusion dance of courtship and alcohol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom