• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
30 mins inline and nope.

Sigh

Tried for a 10.5 or an 11

No go for me. As nice as they are, they're not THAT nice so no big deal. Saves me $200.

They're the first remastered one. From pictures, they're higher, the leather is softer and it's obviously has a crazy collaboration attached to it.

I will say $185 is pretty high for an AJ 1.

But it doesn't matter since I struck out on four windows. People say the blocks were blocked but I saw people mention ATCs were still able to cart maybe not at the level expected but Nike still has a fair purchasing issue.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
10848320_308259822707678_891317175_n.jpg

I don't know what it is. The last few weeks (especially with work) have really gone my way. I feel truly blessed.

I just rolled out of bed, tried and hit. Stayed up yesterday/today & failed on NDC HK, NDC JPN, NDC EU, Hanon, Kickz, etc. Finally hit manually on NDC US!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
MarkMan so lucky

Lucky indeed, but at least we know he's not gonna flip them on ebay or anything and doesn't use bot bs. That he truly loves & collects J's/sneakers makes it easier to deal with. Seeing them already on ebay for insane prices makes me ill every time.

He got my size too hah

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I've never once sold a pair of shoes and if I have it was at retail to a friend. I've traded/stocked up for trade bait sure though.

Just thought I'd post here but the past few weeks (non-sneaker related) have been some of the most memorable and successful weeks for me as far as life goes. I'm on some zen like state right now where I am just winning/plowing through everything. I want to maintain this.

Best wishes to all. I hope you have a good rest of 2014 and best wishes in 2015. <3

LJ11

Still waiting on RRS to ship mine out...looks like my pre-order didn't make the cut on the first stock on my size 10, should be good for the next wave in mid-January, though.
I was surprised when I got the email this afternoon, thought I was mid January as well.

I won a raffle this morning and got a pair, was pretty lucky since the raffle was only for yesterday so not a lot of people must have signed up or had my size

My bro really wanted them so I basically entered for him so its his .

He got me the 20th anniversary ps4 so it evens out :p

mr.rager

10848320_308259822707678_891317175_n.jpg

I don't know what it is. The last few weeks (especially with work) have really gone my way. I feel truly blessed.

I just rolled out of bed, tried and hit. Stayed up yesterday/today & failed on NDC HK, NDC JPN, NDC EU, Hanon, Kickz, etc. Finally hit manually on NDC US!

Insanely jealous right now. Such a beautiful shoe.

Congrats MarkMan! Even though I'm salty as fuck for missing out, I'm glad real sneaker enthusiasts were able to cop.

My mate went to check out the line at a local store and was telling me that there was people camping who didn't even know these were collabs, let alone know who Hiroshi Fujiwara is lol.

My mate went to check out the line at a local store and was telling me that there was people camping who didn't even know these were collabs, let alone know who Hiroshi Fujiwara is lol.
Maybe peeps just appreciate a nice, clean, royal take on the blacktoe 1's color blocking
or just in it to resell, yo.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
B6JUn6XIYAAcBWk.png

I'm making a TOP 10 SNEAKER PICK-UPS of 2014 video! I'm waiting for some stuff to arrive for tomorrow so I can film it. What's on YOUR list?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Anyone knows where I could order these Nike SB Janoski ?

piRilkb.jpg

Otherwise I might just get the zebra ones, but I'd prefer the above.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Will have to delay my video until tomorrow -_-

Happy New Year sneaker GAF!

--

The quality on the Fragment AJ1s are insane compared to the most recent retros. The shape is completely different and more true to the OG. Other than the obvious changes with the leather, the entire toe box area is revamped, the stitching, the construction even in some places really show that JB wanted to re-imagine it from the ground up and make it true to form in the remastered sense. There are so many details to point out, it's amazing. Here are some pics I snapped earlier compared to the black toe 1s.

a6c3619d_IMG_3896.jpeg

mr.rager

Will have to delay my video until tomorrow -_-

Happy New Year sneaker GAF!

--

The quality on the Fragment AJ1s are insane compared to the most recent retros. The shape is completely different and more true to the OG. Other than the obvious changes with the leather, the entire toe box area is revamped, the stitching, the construction even in some places really show that JB wanted to re-imagine it from the ground up and make it true to form in the remastered sense. There are so many details to point out, it's amazing. Here are some pics I snapped earlier compared to the black toe 1s.

a6c3619d_IMG_3896.jpeg

Great comparison! The shape does look a lot better. Looks taller too. Looking forward to watching the video with sneaker envy lol

Also, Happy New Years Sneaker-GAF!

As for my top 10, have to sort through all my pick ups lol Just off the top of my head the standouts for me are the Carmines, Supreme foams, Kobe 9 Details, Lebron 11 Kings Crown, KD6 All Stars.

There's two top tens. The ones I got and the ones I got and didn't lol.

I'm not going to number but:

Kobe 9 Masterpiece (Didn't Get)
ZX Flux Prism
Lance Mountain SB X 1 Black (Didn't Get)
Lance Mountain SB X 1 White
LeBron XI WTL
AJ 11 Concord Low
AJ 11 6 Infrared
Yeezy 2 Red October
Tiffany SB Highs (I'm reaching here and didn't get)
Supreme X AF 1 (reaching for hype and didn't get)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
It's going to take me awhile to do my video but here is my top ten of the year. Note my top ten is just things I got this year, not necessarily released in 2014.

10) Air Jordan X - Powder Blue - 2014
9) Air Jordan - Team Jordan I - 2014
8) Air Jordan III - Sport Blue - 2014
7) Air Jordan - Ultimate Gift of Flight Pack - 2014
6) Converse - One Star "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure" - 2013
5) Nike Dunk SB Low - Black Supreme - 2002
4) Air Jordan XI IE Low - Black/Red - 1996
3) Air Jordan VI - Slam Dunk - 2014
2) Air Jordan XI - Legend Blue - 2014

Honorable Mentions:
- Air Jordan XI - Concord Low - 2014
- Air Jordan 1 - Fragment - 2014
- Air Jordan Future - 3M - 2014
- Nike Air Tech Challenge II - Lava - 2014
- Nike Air Command Force - 2014

1) Nike Air Force 1 - PlayStation - 2005

Happy New Year Sneaker-GAF!

Here's my Top 10 pick ups from last year (2014 releases)

10. Adidas Tubular Consortium
9. Adidas SL Loop Moc
8. Adidas ZX Flux 'Lightning', 'Ocean' & 'Prism'
7. Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III 'KFE USA'
6. Maison Martin Margiela x Converse Jack Purcell 'Biking Red'
5. Nike Air Max 90 'Washed Denim'
4. Y3 Qasa High 'Triple Black'
3. Adidas Pure Boost
2. Concepts x New Balance 997 'Rosé'
1. Pigalle x Nike Air Force 1 Low & Hi

No Jordan's on my list, but the Black Infrared AJVI and Fragment AJI would most definitely be on there if only I was able to cop.

Happy new year, y'all!

Caught the ultimate holiday alley-oop from a friend over Christmas, and managed to get a pair of the 2014 black/infrared 6s for retail. Not even putting them on until Springtime.

Finally, FINALLY a Jordan release for retail price...I didn't think it was possible for me, lol.

I additionally closed out the year by picking up the Air Max Penny 1 "96 ASG" black/royal - which is also my first Air Penny *ever*. Wanted those since I was in the 7th grade!

Top 5 pickups in 2014:

- Nike Air Tech Challenge 2 "Hot Lava"
- Nike Air Force 180 Low (black/white/royal/red)
- Nike Air Max Penny 1 "All Star Game 96"
- Nike Air Huarache Run (white/blue/scream green)
- Nike Air Jordan 6 (black/infrared)

Honorable mentions to the Adidas Top Ten High OG (in the white/red/blue/grey colorway) and the Reebok Kamikaze 1 (in the OG black/white/running green colorway).

Hopefully next year I'll be able to grab some stuff I missed out on this year/slept on (Baohaus Dunk High SBs? Cali Dunk High SBs? Baron 1s? Air Command Force white/volt? Adidas Metro Attitude Hi "Knicks"?)...and maybe, just maybe, I'll pick up something that isn't a retro on the low, like some Lebrons/KDs/Kobes or something.

Happy New Year Sneaker-GAF!

Here's my Top 10 pick ups from last year (2014 releases)

10. Adidas Tubular Consortium
9. Adidas SL Loop Moc
8. Adidas ZX Flux 'Lightning', 'Ocean' & 'Prism'
7. Ronnie Fieg x Asics Gel Lyte III 'KFE USA'
6. Maison Martin Margiela x Converse Jack Purcell 'Biking Red'
5. Nike Air Max 90 'Washed Denim'
4. Y3 Qasa High 'Triple Black'
3. Adidas Pure Boost
2. Concepts x New Balance 997 'Rosé'
1. Pigalle x Nike Air Force 1 Low & Hi

No Jordan's on my list, but the Black Infrared AJVI and Fragment AJI would most definitely be on there if only I was able to cop.

A lot of variety. Love it.

Adidas had a great year.

The ZX Flux came swinging out of the gate with the Digi/Ocean/Prisms, the triple black that Kanye wore and the mi app.

Tubulars were a nice takedown of the Y3s. Wish I would've gotten the New Year and Consortiums.

The Wish SL Loops.

The King Pushs.

The original Stan Smith X Pharrells

Big Sean Metro Hi

The Boosts.

Seriously, they're knocking it out of the park.

I'd say Adidas and New Balance are both making heat. Reebok isn't bad either. There really is a lot of choices. It doesn't have to only be Air Jordan's.

A lot of variety. Love it.

Adidas had a great year.

The ZX Flux came swinging out of the gate with the Digi/Ocean/Prisms, the triple black that Kanye wore and the mi app.

Tubulars were a nice takedown of the Y3s. Wish I would've gotten the New Year and Consortiums.

The Wish SL Loops.

The King Pushs.

The original Stan Smith X Pharrells

Big Sean Metro Hi

The Boosts.

Seriously, they're knocking it out of the park.

I'd say Adidas and New Balance are both making heat. Reebok isn't bad either. There really is a lot of choices. It doesn't have to only be Air Jordan's.

Yep, Adidas had an incredible year! The EQT '93 may have been my favourite shoe to retro last year and I really wanted those King Push, but they dropped at a bad time for me.

And daaaaaamn at those Versaces!

DominoKid

those Versaces are fucking sick.

nike's bringing back the Zoom Vick 2s this summer.

20141228003804_original.jpg

also a Jets/Eagles CW too.

hopefully i get a better job soon so i can start getting kicks again this year.

ryuen

My 10 favorite pickups of 2014 (in no real order):

1527592_575489509209198_1985399687_n.jpg

Nike x Kashima Antlers Air Max 97

fa0d6bfea19311e3afab124b54cd00dd_8.jpg

Nike Dunk Low SB (Heineken)

af62145aa7f211e3a08e12771915a664_8.jpg

Nike Dunk Low SB (Cali)

1173144_251600861694207_1248536425_n.jpg

Nike x Supreme Penny Foamposite

10349682_1489332211278792_875252354_n.jpg

Nike KD4 All Star Game

10632220_729437267093324_451217667_n.jpg

New Balance x Capsule MT580

10817838_830778786963922_152237772_n.jpg

Nike Jordan Infrared VI 2014 Retro

10890889_843288642388305_1282910169_n.jpg

Asics x Undefeated "False Flags" Gel Lyte V

10881834_373743562808201_516981918_n.jpg

Nike Jordan Playoff XIII 2010 Retro

...and not pictured are the Nike Air Force 1 Mid Flax rerelease. Awesome pair of kicks.

Scalibur

Rest of my top 10 in no particular order.

PTaRz8W.jpg

Kobe IX Elite Mamba Moment

hoexvQX.jpg

Air Command Force

0Adjsy0.jpg

NB 998 Pebble Blue

sHyJq0M.jpg

Adidas Y-3 Slip-ons

MKZzvR4.jpg

Adidas EQT Key Trainer

TcRMuYR.jpg

Zoom Vapor AJ3

wxnTxzo.jpg

Air Mariah PR TZ

L4UgC7u.jpg

NB Worthy 740

npTAAU1.jpg

Adidas Y-3 Qasa hi olive drab

Matrix

I still can't get over not landing a pair of Frag Jordans. Only pair of sneakers I truly wanted even before the damn hype and they're going for like $800+ for size 10.5's.

Ugh just messed up.

I still can't get over not landing a pair of Frag Jordans. Only pair of sneakers I truly wanted even before the damn hype and they're going for like $800+ for size 10.5's.

Ugh just messed up.
well the hype for 1s has been here for the last 2 years, but yes, no one should be paying 800 dollars for a pair of jordans.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Just got back from CES today and saw I got a care package from my friends at NIKE while I was away. :O

16252117025_a3a42e5b60_c.jpg

16226201886_d6f1b0a563_c.jpg

16065971099_e6b0f80075_c.jpg

... also got to check out Urban Necessities Shop in Las Vegas. It's an awesome consignment shop and I actually felt like it had the best vibe out of any sneaker store I've been to (and I've been to a lot)... Ended up getting another Gift of Flight Pack and Cool Grey XIs there. Some of my friends came by to CES and hooked me up with another pair of my all time favorite (Legend Blues) <3 !

10881751_381838655311653_1069632661_n.jpg

... All in all... A pretty eventful week/weekend for sneakers. Now I gotta figure out where to put this stuff >.>

16252103785_b863cc4628_c.jpg

Top Bottom