• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

Forgot to post these:

360a64ba32479d045715cc073a4493f8_zps7a489ce5.jpg

Pein

Banned
I forgot about the legend blue's completely, fucking hell I missed all the raffles and I don't wanna do the whole line up bullshit.

Hopefully I get a pair online, can't afford the resale price.

ryuen

I forgot about the legend blue's completely, fucking hell I missed all the raffles and I don't wanna do the whole line up bullshit.

Hopefully I get a pair online, can't afford the resale price.

If you're a 9.5 and I hit on any of the 15+ raffles I entered in, I wouldn't mind hooking up.

mr.rager

What sizes!? :O

Both are 9.5. My gf really likes the cw but it's not for me lol. GL to everyone lining up. Stay safe!

My gf actually won both of my pairs lol. My boy, my gf and I all signed up for the raffle and she was the only one to get a call from both stores.

Haven't been in this thread for a minute...I continue to strike out on Js, and continue to cop other stuff.

Since Summer, I got the black/royal Barkley Air Force 180s, the scream green Air Huaraches, the white/purple Air Flight Huaraches, the Reebok Pump OG in white, the Reebok Pump Battleground in white/black/purple, the Reebok Kamikaze 1s in the original black/white/green colorway and a pair of Asics GT-IIs in white/gray/seafoam.

All these Jordan raffles continue to raise my sodium levels...I would've liked a pair of the Sport Blue 6s (failed), the black infrared 6s (failed), the white infrared 3s (failed) and so on, but I just can't win for retail (or even retail-ish).

I'll try for a pair of the Legend Blues, but I'm probably gonna strike out...and then buy a pair of All-Star Game Air Penny 1s, lol.

Double D

Sport Blue 6's have been on the shelves at my local mall since they released. Have you tried looking around in store?

Also I'm really surprised that people are striking out on 11s. From what I understand they are releasing a metric shit-ton of them. I do have a connect at FL, and he usually can only hold a single pair for any given release, but for this he is holding 5 for me and a couple friends. I guess they just got that many. Anyways, with that said, hopefully you guys will do ok with online ordering tomorrow.

Anth0ny

Is it even possible to get 11s online without a bot? Last time I tried via Champs the site just froze when the link went live and that was it.

I'm in Canada and Nike store doesn't ship to us... Ugh. Is champs my best bet?

Sport Blue 6's have been on the shelves at my local mall since they released. Have you tried looking around in store?

NYC is ridiculous for stuff like this...everyone's reselling out here. Nothing sits on shelves long at spots that have to sell for retail (like FNL, Foot Locker, FA, Champs, Modells, Jimmy Jazz, etc) so you have to hope to get lucky paying markup at mom and pop spots, or get them from Flight Club at markup, or so on.

I would hate and love to buy shoes in NY. It's a mad place.

You'd definitely have to be on your grind and camp like crazy. Great thing is the city gets exclusive shoes. Bad thing is it's the most populated city in the world + resellers.

I don't have any bots but if you're having issues if you can't beat them, join them. It sucks but it's an escalating arms race. And if you were able to have a great bot, you could probably do an ATC to recoup the money you paid. I know someone who just did this. I look at him as part of the problem, especially because he's trying to solicit me.

LJ11

When the black/white ones released a month ago I had a hell of a time getting them online. Cart jacked on FNL, NDC was acting up, so I got up off my ass and walked to Jimmy Jazz in Astoria. Bought a pair with ease, felt good to just walk in and buy a shoe in NYC without madness, or without someone trying to hustle you. When I got home NDC had added the shoe to my cart, lol.

I used to get all my sneakers from sneakerworld, and a couple of other mom and pop shops that hooked me up early and always put a pair aside. Only one remaining is sneakerworld but its under different ownership. It's a shit show in there now. The Koreans who owned sneakerworld were amazing, if you had an issue with a nike shoe they would do the nike return for you and give you store credit right then and there. Amazing service. You walk in there now and you want to turn around and walk out...

OMG OMG OMG...

I was able to place an order of XIs at Nike.com...as well as a pair in kids' size for my wife.

Have yet to get confirmation though, crossing fingers...

edit: got e-mail confirmation, yay =)

Ji66a-Man

I got through on FNL for the XIs and received my order confirmation email. Gotta wait for shipping confirmation email, then pray that UPS actually delivers.

kagete

Still sweating for my wife's 7Y. 1+hour WAITING ON TURN on NDC to add to cart on PC and IPAD. Have 7Y in cart on FNL but getting hit with the heavy traffic on it...

jbug617

Banned
Had to wait 2 hrs to checkout on Nike but I was able to get a pair. I got an error on the confirmation page but I refreshed and it went through. Now I wait for an email from Nike

kagete

So uh, getting a confirmation email and my card charged means i'm good right? I paid $31 for that express shipping too ugh.

Personally, I like the Breds, Concords, DMP, Space Jams, Silver Anniversaries more than Columbias. Having said that, I did manage to obtain a pair online after striking out in person.

mr.rager

Another reason I'm not a big fan of lining up anymore; according my buddy who works at FootLocker, a bunch of guys broke down the door at the mall where he worked at and made a huge ruckus and almost had the release cancelled. A bunch of guys were already there since 5PM the day before so it would've sucked for them had the release been cancelled.

Double D

Another reason I'm not a big fan of lining up anymore; according my buddy who works at FootLocker, a bunch of guys broke down the door at the mall where he worked at and made a huge ruckus and almost had the release cancelled. A bunch of guys were already there since 5PM the day before so it would've sucked for them had the release been cancelled.

Yikes. It was pretty civil at my mall today. Anyways I'm glad to see pretty much everyone who wanted a pair got one.

Yeah it seems like this release was one of the easiest to cop. Got my pair at NDC at 7:03. Matter of fact, I had like 4 windows open. 2 were going for a 9 and the other 2 for an 8.5 and they all could've got added to the cart.

Two Ultimate Gifts of Flight? That's a rack just to get two 11s since no one wants the XX9s (the ones they dropped a few weeks ago weren't bad or the Carolina Jumpman pair).

Fragments are definitely what's up. I hope I can get a pair but it's looking tough.

And can't understand how come everyone says the 11 was easy. I think it took like an hour for them to get into my cart and then I had to struggle for 45 minutes to check out. FNL was just one large wall of SPA for most of the morning.

I stood on a line last Sunday for a ticket for probably three hours and was sent home. And mad places were kind of random with their raffles. One place said they "ran" out of tickets. Another said they stopped doing raffles for the day and would only do raffles between 9 a.m. To 12 p.m.

But I was happy to be able to purchase online. I think the Gift of Flight and Fragments are going to be tough.

And can't understand how come everyone says the 11 was easy. I think it took like an hour for them to get into my cart and then I had to struggle for 45 minutes to check out. FNL was just one large wall of SPA for most of the morning.

I stood on a line last Sunday for a ticket for probably three hours and was sent home. And mad places were kind of random with their raffles. One place said they "ran" out of tickets. Another said they stopped doing raffles for the day and would only do raffles between 9 a.m. To 12 p.m.

But I was happy to be able to purchase online. I think the Gift of Flight and Fragments are going to be tough.
Even though it took me about 5 minutes to order my XIs from Nike.com I'm not calling my experience 'easy' at all but more like 'lucky.' With how crazy the shoe game is nowadays I simply count the blessings on what I'm able to find for a decent deal.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Two Ultimate Gifts of Flight? That's a rack just to get two 11s since no one wants the XX9s (the ones they dropped a few weeks ago weren't bad or the Carolina Jumpman pair).

Fragments are definitely what's up. I hope I can get a pair but it's looking tough.

Yeah. One to rock and one to stock. Damn me for being that kind of collector. lol.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Man it's going to be almost impossible to get the Fragment 1 :( Just a few days ago Nikelab dropped the Nike Sock Dart by Fragment and I could not for the life of me even get a pair of those. Countdown clock ended and it was impossible to even get one into the cart... figure bots got them all. I can't imagine the luck one must have of getting a Fragment Jordan online if you don't use a stupid ass bot. I feel like I'm gonna be wasting my time on the 27th sigh

Also getting the X1 Legend Blues on Nike.com took me all of 10 mins where as the Jordan Retro V1 Black/Infrared was sooooo much harder :\ I think that took me almost 2 hours and that felt like pure luck lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Man it's going to be almost impossible to get the Fragment 1 :( Just a few days ago Nikelab dropped the Nike Sock Dart by Fragment and I could not for the life of me even get a pair of those. Countdown clock ended and it was impossible to even get one into the cart... figure bots got them all. I can't imagine the luck one must have of getting a Fragment Jordan online if you don't use a stupid ass bot. I feel like I'm gonna be wasting my time on the 27th sigh

Also getting the X1 Legend Blues on Nike.com took me all of 10 mins where as the Jordan Retro V1 Black/Infrared was sooooo much harder :\ I think that took me almost 2 hours and that felt like pure luck lol

Did you jump on right at launch? That has been a great strategy for me this year. Getting on right at 8 or 7 has worked for most of the launches I wanted.

Now that I have finished Christmas shopping, I think I am going to get my 2nd pair of XX9s. I want those Purple ones, the "Riverwalks". I have the original "Team Orange" ones already.

You guys think the legend xi's get restocked as many times as the bred xi's? Literally slept on these :(

Unless any gaffers snagged an extra pair in 10.5 and is looking to unload them?

Top Bottom