• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kifimbo

This one is mine.

Finished about 45 games last year.

Game 1: Attack of The Friday Monsters (3DS) - 3 hours
Pick this on sale this December. I understand why many people recommended it, but it didn't fall in love with the game. I liked the atmosphere and characters, I especially loved the fact that the children actually act like children. Exploring the little town is great the first time around, but I wished there was more to see. Music was also really good. Biggest problem with the game is the gameplay, way too simple. It's basically a mix between an adventure game and a visual novel. You basically talk to people and collect little orbs. Eventually, these orbs give you cards for battles. However, only two or three battles are mandatory. Battle are a mix between poker and rock-paper-scissors, and it required no skills or strategies whatsoever. 3$ was the perfect price for the game.

Game 2: Sneaky Sneaky (PC) - 4 hours
Won this in the Steam thread (thanks again JaseC). It's a pretty simple and straightfoward 2D stealth game, with a turn-based twist when you're detected. Best part of the game is the artstyle. Game is pretty and charming, but the main character lacks personality. Level design is too simple and there isn't a lot of variety. Same comment for the enemy. I found the second world tougher than the third and last world, which was a bit disappointing. Wait for a price drop.

Game 3: Castle of Illusion (PC) - 3 hours
header.jpg

Good remake of an old classic. Platforming is simple but solid, new visuals are nothing special but they aren't offensive either. Good music, decent voice acting. However, too easy and too short. Not worth full price (15$) even if you're a Disney fan, but for 4$ it was worth it. Didn't have any performance issue, except one crash.

header.jpg

Game 4: Squirreltopia (PC) - 5 hours
Well, this one was a surprise. Squirreltopia is a 2D platformer where you control a squirrel. Could have been a human, a dog, or anything with at least two legs since all you do is walk, run and jump. You have to reach the end of 50 levels and beat 5 boss. This first few levels are simple, but the game quickly become quite hardcore. Never too hard, however. Great challenge. The main problems are the difficulty spikes, where one level is suddenly much harder the the previous and the next ones. On the flip side, boss are mostly easy. Controls feels bad at first, but they are actually decent after 30-60 minutes. You need to learn how to use the momentum of your squirrel. Level design is uneven, but generally quite good. In the end, I had a lot of fun. Biggest letdown is the 2D artsyle. Color palette is all over the place, and there is a clear lack of polish. Music didn't impress me.

header.jpg

Game 5: Metal Gear Rising: REVENGEANCE (PC) - 10.4 hours
God damn I wish I knew how to play well from the start (especially parrying)! It only clicked after 2 or 3 chapters, and when it did, it was glorious. (Same thing happened to me with Vanquish). Just a great action game, intense, lots of memorable moments. Story was all right, but since I don't know much about the Metal Gear series, I probably missed a lot of things. If I had one grip, it's that secondary weapons were kinda useless (they were too difficult to use with a controller).

header.jpg

Game 6: Sequence (PC) - 10 hours
Started playing this back when Feep gave away a lot of copies here, but I moved on to something else and never came back until this week. Sequence is a mix of dungeon crawler, RPG and Dance Dance Revolution (without the dancing part). It's pretty good, with a few shortcomings. Main problem is its repetitiveness near the end, and some boring grinding. Also wished there were more music tracks and a larger variety of enemies.

header.jpg

Game 7: Rayman Origins (PC) - 11 hours
Next best thing after the Mario games if you like platformers. Gorgeous, mostly well designed, great gameplay. Wish there was more enemy variety, and the "puzzles" at the end of each level aren't really puzzles. Will probably play again eventually for the time trials.

header.jpg

Game 8: 100% Orange Juice (PC) - 4 hours
First game of the year I didn't finish. First game of the year I didn't like. In fact, I hate it. It's basically RNG: The Game. At least with bad board games, it's still possible to have fun with friends, drinks and food around the same table. With 100% Orange Juice, whatever you do, whatever cards you choose, you'll win about 1/4 of the games. Barely any strategy/skills involved. It's basically Eels and Escalators where each game last 30-40 minutes.

header.jpg

Game 9: Atom Zombie Smasher (PC) - 3.5 hours
Had this game for years and I finally played it. It's a minimalistic strategy game where zombies are pink cubes and human you need to save are yellow/gold. You have to use different tools/weapons/soldiers to kill the zombies and help evacuate the civilians. It gets hard pretty quickly. The night shift is pretty much impossible to survive. The game is fun for awhile, but it gets a bit repetitive. I enjoyed it, I finished the easiest campaign, and that was enough for me.

header.jpg

Game 10: Tales from Space Mutant Blobs Attack (PC) - 3.5 hours
Another platformer from the creators of Guacameelee (similar colorful artstyle). This one is much more easier and relaxing, and there combat per se. It's heavily influenced by Katamari Damacy, so basically your blob gets bigger when it consumes objects/animals/humans. The game doesn't really something new to the table, but the execution is good and the mechanics are solid. Short game, finished it in less than 4 hours. Add 1 or 2 more hours if you want to collect everything.

header.jpg

Game 11: Riptide GP2 (PC) - 6 hours
I needed a racing game, and this one had decent reviews, trading cards and it reminded me of WaveRace. It isn't as good as Nintendo series, but it's still a fun, well-done jet ski game. My main problem is that skills never seem to matter much. Driving is pretty straightforward, but you never really feel your driving is really important. It's more crucial to make tricks in order to be able to use boost. Probably because it was designed as a mobile game. Would have liked a few more tracks, especially more extensive ones and less walls everywhere. Multiplayer is basically dead, so don't count on that mode to extend your experience.

header.jpg

Game 12: Hero of the Kingdom (PC) - 5.5 hours
Started this game after it got cards. A I really liked it. And I can't really explain why. At first, it's so underwhelming, you're only clicking on some icons to execute some tasks. But it's so captivating, charming and relaxing (you won't die, no stress), plus the mix between point-and-click and RPG is really well done. The game major strengths are its simplicity, settings and story. Length is pretty much perfect, and don't expect do replay this game. Hero of the Kingdom probably has a little too much back and forth and backtracking. Visually average. In the end, a great surprise.

header.jpg

Game 13: Shadowrun Returns (PC) - 13.3 hours
If this was launched in the 1990's, it would have felt like the first chapter of a grand scale tactical RPG, or an expansion pack for said RPG. It's quite short for that kind of game, and the mechanics aren't quite fleshed out enough. Basically the typical Kickstarter game. Still, it's a really good game, great setting and atmosphere, nice interface and good story. The start is quite strong, and it leads you to believe you'll be able to explore Seattle as you wish. However, the game is 100% linear and after 2 or 3 hours, you're basically teleported from one place to the next. It's obvious Harebrained Schemes didn't have yet the ressources to create a huge expensive world. There aren't a lot of side stuff to do. Even with all it's flaws, you must play Shadowrun Returns because it's a good start for a promising studio.

header.jpg

Game 14: Stranded (PC) - 1 hour
Bad game. Point and click adventure game that is really short. It's artificially longer than it should because you're forced to click twice instead of once and because the character walks very slowly. Same environment several times. No real puzzle. The payoff isn't worth it.

header.jpg

Game 15: Pivvot (PC) - 1.6 hour
Similar concept to Super Hexagon, but easier and more manageable. You have to avoid obstacles while following a curved line. Pivvot has as several modes, which is great. It's fun, but it won't keep you're interest for a long time. The soundtrack is good. I thought playing with a controller was better.

header.jpg

Game 16: There Came an Echo (PC) - 5.1 hours
I'm sad to report that... I really didn't like that game. Sorry Feep. To me it's more of an experiment. The game was created around voice recognition, and the design is hampered in a lot of ways. You can't move around freely. The mission are completely linear. A lot of issues with simultaneity of controls. I'm not sure real time was a good choice. Camera is all over the place. Loadouts don't really make a different except for a couple of missions. There are moments where one character stops shooting for no reason. Even if you give him an order. The game is also quite short, and a large chunk isn't gameplay. Since I played Sequence, I enjoyed and understood the story, even if it got weird near the end. Writing and voice acting is hit or miss. Visually, Iridium needs to learn to animate better. In my opinion, Sequence was a much better game.

header.jpg

Game 17: LEGO Lord of the Rings (PC) - 15 hours
I played the LEGO games a few times because of some demos, but I never tackled a full game. So I was pretty excited when I won LEGO Lord of the Rings, especially since I love the movie trilogy. Now I understand why people say these games are well done but also a bit shallow. The souce material is well integrated, the design is mostly really good. But the gameplay is just too simple to really elevate the game. It's mostly a one-button game, with some situations/boss requiring to basically solve a puzzle or perform a series of tasks. By the end of the game, you're really tired of doing the same thing. Almost perfect length. Nice humor. Uses of actor voices and the great movie soundtrack is a major plus.

header.jpg

Game 18: Three Fourths Home Extended Edition (PC) - 2 hours
A visual short story with barely any interaction. Since I was born in a small town in a rural region, I liked the setting. The silhouette visual style is nice, but there isn't enough variety. The story, which is about an entire family, isn't that good, it doesn't involve you emotionally. Storytelling is pretty weak. I didn't feel the answer I picked and the choices I made has any consequence on the ending. Some nice sound effects and a good soundtrack. Way too expensive right now.

header.jpg

Game 19: Gemini Rue (PC) - 7.3 hours
Always wanted to play this one, especially since the user reviews were fantastic. It's a futuristic and almost dystopic point and click adventure game. Setting is a mix between Blade Runner and you favorite space opera. Strongest part of the game. Most characters are also well fleshed out, and there is a few twists that make sense. Story gets a bit too predictable. Good atmosphere, decent music, poor voice acting. Probably a bit too much backtracking. Visually, old school style with a lot of blue and grey. I liked the game, length was perfect. It's still flawed. Controls and the interface are average. Not enough puzzles. Still worth it.

header.jpg

Game 20: Evoland (PC) - 4.5 hours
Great concept: exploring the history of gaming (especially RPGs like Final Fantasy, Diablo and Zelda) with the graphics/sound/mechanics evolving as the game progressed. Execution could have been better, but Evoland is still a good little title that doesn't overstay its welcome. However, the 3D section is probably too short, maybe because the creators realized the control were quite poor. Also needed more depth, especially battles where characters only have one move. If you weren't around during the 8-bit/16-bit/PSX-N64 era, the nostalgia factor will likely be non-existant.

header.jpg

Game 21: Freedom Planet (PC) - 7.2 hours
Sonic + Mega Man with the indie touch of something like Cave Story. I was never a big fan of the Sonic franchise, so I didn't really fall in love with Freedom Planet, but there is a lot to love here. It's a fun game. Most impressive thing is the length of the level for such a fast paced game. There are also a lot of secrets. Visually nice and varied, but sometimes there is just too much colors and details. I didn't really care for the story. Controls are great. My main grip with the game is that you don't really unlock new skills, so you are always doing the same attacks unless tou change characters. Still, the designers included enough variety to entertain you for a full playthrough. I might come back eventually to complete the game with another character. Freedom Planet is a really good game, maybe a bit pricey.

header.jpg

Game 22: Magic The Gathering Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 (PC) - 11.8 hours
Played Magic quite a bit in my high school days. I also played the first Duels of the Planeswalkers game on Xbox 360 about five years ago. Finally decided to play the 2012 version that I bought in a bundle a while ago. It's still a streamlined edition of Magic The Gathering. New decks, new campaign, but otherwise they isn't a lot of new features. Biggest addition is the Archenemy mode, which is basically 3 vs. 1, where the "boss" has a huge advantage each turn. This mode has a huge problem: each turn takes way too long, especially if you are the boss. Excruciating. I had fun coming back to this great card game, but the limited amount of decks and cards made me stop playing after 10-12 hours. Interface is still problematic, especially in a post-Hearthstone world. No real upgrade visually.

header.jpg

Game 23: Bejeweled 3 (PC) - 14.8 hours
Wanted to play a casual game, a bundle with Bejeweled 3 was launched, so why not. I must say I was hooked for a weekend. The match-3 formula is still addictive. A lot of modes, most of them are quite interesting. The worst ones are the ones where the background is filled with stuff, like the Ice Storm mode. Still, just a well-made casual game with no bullshit that is epidemic nowadays. The "Overwhelmingly Positive reviews" are well deserved.

Original Post

header.jpg

Game 24: Castlestorm (PC) - 7.2 hours
Castlestorm is a mix of castle defence, Angry Birds and RTS. You have tro protect you're castle from attackers, either with using projectiles or by spawning troops with different skills. You can also put you hero on the "battlefield" for 30 seconds. In all cases, you "ressources" are limited. In about half the mission, you also have to destroy the enemy castle using your projectiles, Angry Birds-style. Everything works quite well, but there is nothing remarkable about Castlestorm. The humor is pretty bad IMO. Worth playing the campaign once, but there is little reason to come back.

mEWRMT6.png

Game 25: Mario Golf: World Tour (3DS) - X hours
Mario Golf 64 was one of my favorite game of the N64 era, Bought this new one a few months ago before when Target Canada slashed its price before it closed its doors. It's still a fun game, and there are a lot of modes and stuff to do. However, I can't say World Tour will have any lasting impact. Formula hasn't really evolve, therefore the game doesn't have any excting factor. ÉI also don't think the golf courses weren't as creative as I remember the ones from Mario Golf 64. I still enjoyed my time and I don't regret my purchase, but I also think Nintendo should move on from Mario games (unlike Mario Kart, which somehow stays fresh).

header.jpg

Game 26: Batman: Arkham Origins (PC) - 23 hours
I played the first two games on Xbox 360/PS3. So this one is automatically a big step up visually. However, Arkham Origins is a prequel with very few new features. Which means the game is good, but it's also just more of the same. Gameplay-wise and design-wise, Asylum remains my favorite. I have to admit the story in Origins is probably the best one. And the boss fights are also really good for the most part. I didn't bother with the post-game stuff (challenges, Enigma quest) simply because of series fatigue.

header.jpg

Game 27: Canabalt (PC) - 1 hour
Old Flash infinite runner that is still good after all these years, but also really short. Once I finished all the challenges, I was done. Beating my scores over and over again isn't really my cup of tea. The PC version is a good effort, with a 3D mode and a 2-player mode (that I will eventually play).

header.jpg

Game 28: Unepic (PC) - 10.5 hours
Decided to play this because the reviews were great and I was in a good mood for a Metrovoidvania. Unepic is indeed pretty good, well-done and quite funny in a vulgar kind of way, but for some reason I couldn't finish it. I lost interest. I just think it overstays it's welcome. When it starts to become repetitive, the game also becomes really hard, which made stop playing and I never really came back. I also think my character wasn't build to survive the latter part of the game, which is a serious balance problem. Still, the game has a lot of content, sidequests, puzzles, combat, platforming.

header.jpg

Game 29: Instant Dungeon! (PC) - 4.7 hours
This one took me by suprise. It's kinda really fun, although not really deep. It's a mix of dungeon crawler and Pac-Man where every level is randomly created. In fact, your character is also random. The goal is simply to get deeper and deeper while collecting treasures and improving your score. Without dying. It gets tougher and darker (so you don't see the enemies coming), but you also have stronger weapons and defensive tools at your disposal. The game also has several modes that are just different enough to be interesting. Technically, it's a pretty basic pixel stuff. Still, well worth the low price of admission.

header.jpg

Game 30: Letter Quest: Grimm's Journey (PC) - 11.0 hours
Scrabble disguised as an RPG. Works really well. Time passed quickly when you play. It has that 'one more' mission quality. And there is a ton of missions. English isn't my mother tongue, so it was probably harder for me to play and especially create longer words, but I made it. No real story, colorful but basic visuals. There are a lot of upgrades, but a lot of them are quite useless while other one are really important. So not quite balanced.

header.jpg

Game 31: 140 (PC) - 1.0 hour
Simple platformer with basic visuals, a little bit like Thomas Was Alone but crazier and more hallucinogenic. Levels are built around rhythm elements, like timed obstacles and disappearing platforms. It's quite short (around 45 minutes), and I'm not sure it's worth the regular price (5$), but it's still a great little experience and the music is quite good. The bosses are the highlight of the game.

SuperMetroidBanner.jpg

Game 32: Super Metroid (Wii) - 12 hours
I owned pretty much every Nintendo home console (except the Wii U), but somehow I never played Super Metroid before. Even after reading all the glowing comments. One day I bought it on the Wii Virtual Console, and I still waited several years before playing it. Finally did and it was a great experience. Still true in 2015. Music, controls, exploration, level design, bosses, almost everything is top notch. It's also quite deep, you can finish the game just by being a decent player, but this is some moves that are quite hard to master. Not to mention the dozen of secrets. By modern standards, the game can be a bit confusing, two or three times I didn't know what to do/where to go. There is also barely any storytelling. On one hand, you really feel like you are alone on this dangerous planet, with nothing and nobody to guide you. On the other hand, it also made me appreciate the scanning in the Metroid Prime trilogy, which allows you to learn about the worlds and the enemies.

header.jpg

Game 33: Wimp: Who Stole My Pants? (PC) - 6.8 hours
This was a nice little surprise. Yes, another indie platformer. But it's fun, it's cute, it's quite lenghty and there is enough variety to keep you interested. In each level, you need to collect your stolen undies and optionally three toilet paper rolls. Your character can use different skills. Some levels are more puzzle-like than platformer-like. Boss fights are also designed as puzzles mixed with platforming. Controls are quite weird at first, some people might not be able to adapt, but after an hour I was fine.

header.jpg

Game 34: Valiant Hearts The Great War (PC) - 6.6 hours
One of the few good games set during WW1. And it's a not a shooter, which is really nice. It can be brutal and emotional, not to mention a great learning experience. I liked the artsyle used. I also thought the length was perfect. However, a few things really bothered me. First, the main villain is just bad. Instead of being a human being doing terrible things, he's just a caricature. Second, while some puzzles are great, others are quite rudimentary. Third, the medical sections are supposed to be critical and intense, but all that falls apart when you have to play a Guitar Hero clone to complete them. Bad idea. Still, Valiant Hearts The Great War is worth it just for the emotional ride.

Original Post

Have fun everyone.

Game 1: Metroid Fusion (GBA Wii U VC) - 9 hours 4 mins | 10/01/2015
I always got stuck at the same point when I tried playing this on the GBA, the bit with the energy module before Serris. I decided to pick this up to get my last £5 voucher for the Wii U Premium Programme and I ended up getting stuck at the same place! I was really enjoying it until that point so I decided to finally look up what to do and I'm back to loving this game :p

Update: Playing this was an absolute delight, even though I got stuck a few times and had to look up where to go next. The music is amazing and matches the gameplay perfectly. The controls are a bit finicky at times but overall it's an enjoyable experience as you explore the space station to complete your objectives. Being hunted by the SA-X makes this a great cross between Alien and a 2D version of Metroid Prime. It's a shame that there hasn't been a new 2D adventure in over a decade but hopefully Samus returns soon.

Game 2: Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies (3DS) - 28 hours 16 mins (13 hours 15 mins this year) | 16/01/2015
I bought and started this on launch but, to my shame, I still haven't finished it. I'd like to get it done so that I can move on to Investigations 2 as I completed and loved the original last year. I'd also like to replay AA 1-3 but it makes no sense starting those while this is still waiting to be finished.

Update: Magnificent!

I just finished it after bring hooked on it this past week since getting my New 3DS. This kept me up into the early hours of the morning on more than a few nights which is a good sign for the game's quality but not for my sleeping pattern :lol:

Edgeworth is one of my favourite characters, just ahead of Godot, so seeing him return in case 5 was truly wonderful, even though I already knew that he was in the game. Case 5 was a real rollercoaster and had me on the edge of my seat more than a few times. It's definitely up there with T&T and AA:I.

Fulbright's swerve caught me by surprise but I actually believed him when he said that he had been threatened by the phantom, and when he said that he was really Starbuck :oops: Seeing him change face several times was funny :lol:

I had a feeling that he would be shot down by someone, probably the real phantom, to set up the next game (or games). I'm surprised that he's still alive though, or at least not fatally injured.

Game 3: Gunpoint - 3 hours 45 mins | 21/01/2015
I remember playing the demo and adding this to my wish list as I enjoyed it. The full game didn't disappoint as it's a great stealth/puzzle game which leaves you to complete levels in whichever way you like. The different approaches add replay value to this short and sweet title. The graphics are simple but the music is incredible while the storyline is interesting and funny.

Game 4: Dishonored - 24 hours (18 hours last year) | 24/01/2015
This game is magnificent! The art style is beautiful and reminds me a lot of TimeSplitters while the level design and overall experience of the game feels like a combination of Half-Life, Arkham Asylum, Deus Ex and Thief. The storyline kept me hooked and even led me astray as I guessed its progression incorrectly.

While Corvo's abilities seem to focus on combat, I managed to get through most of the game with stealth and I enjoyed myself immensely. From time to time, if I was caught, I'd go on a rampage and I found that the combat was amazing, especially when combined with Corvo's powers. I'd like to replay the game going for a chaotic runthrough, as this time I finished the game on low chaos.

The replay value of the game is huge and that's without looking at the DLC which I have yet to play. In the interest of completing the challenge in the thread, I'll put off the DLC and a possible replay for another time. Nonetheless, I thoroughly enjoyed the game and it's easily one of my GOATs.

Game 5: Star Wars: Rogue Leader (GC Dolphin) - about 1 hours 45 mins (main missions) | 01/02/2015
This game is as wonderful as it was when I first played it about 13 years ago (mother of God, I feel old!). Dolphin has been updated so much that toady the game is finally very much playable. I tried to play it sometime within the last two weeks but the draw distance was so low that things only showed up when I was right in front of them.

The game now runs at 60FPS with the occasional drop in space battles. Land based missions fare a bit worse, with one hovering around the 50FPS mark. Overall, I had a great time playing the whole game and completing it this afternoon. I remembered quite a bit from the days I spent playing, and replaying, this game to get, not just the gold medals but also, the ace medals.

They really don't make them like this anymore <3

Game 6: Hexcells Plus (PC) - about 14 hours 15 mins | 02/02/2015
I saw some people posting about this in the Steam thread so I decided to give it a go on my laptop when I was browsing the internet one day. I'm glad that I did because it's an amazing mix of minesweeper and sudoku.

It is annoying that you can't save in the middle of a level, which is troublesome on some of the longer levels, and you can't undo a move if you click the wrong button by accident. Luckily the latter is mitigated by being allowed to make one mistake per level and still get the perfectionist achievement. I just wish that I knew that earlier!

Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to buying Hexcells Infinite in the next sale which does seem to let you save in the middle of a level. It would be good if this was on phones so that I could play without my laptop but at least it's still a great game for laptops, as long as you can save in the middle of a level.

Game 8: Star Fox 64 3D (3DS) - 1 hour 49 mins | 06/02/2015
I enjoyed playing this but, having completed Rogue Leader recently, I did feel very limited by the dominance of the on-rails sections. It's still a great game and I would like to one day replay it to see all the levels but I was yearning for more Rogue Leader action so it kind of skewed my view a bit.

Game 9: Metroid Prime (Wii download on Wii U) - 23 hours 29 mins (15 hours 34 mins (in-game time)) | 07/02/2015
It's still one of the best games ever. I hunted down all the items and collected all the scans to see the full ending. I managed to get 85% of the items without a guide so I'm quite happy with my performance there.

The game world is incredibly designed and seeing each area link with others is something that is rarely done so well. The Wii controls make an already great game even better and I can't imagine going back. Ultimately, it's a shame that we haven't seen a new Prime game since 2007 but I'm looking forward to going through Prime 2 and 3.

Game 10: Ocarina of Time Master Quest (GC via Dolphin) - 22 hours 30 mins | 11/02/2015
I had been looking to replay Ocarina of Time for a while and I decided to go through it again, before Majora's Mask comes out, with some people from another forum. Some others mentioned trying Master Quest and I decided to opt for that version as I'd only completed it once when it was released with Wind Waker on the GameCube.

The game holds up incredibly well and I can see why it's hailed as one of the best of all time. The new dungeons are challenging to Zelda veterans and help it feel like a new game as I really had to stop to work out how to complete them. The world is as vibrant and lively as ever, with a plethora of things to do. I mainly focussed on the main game but I still spent over 20 hours enjoying the world of Hyrule.

Zelda games are known for their incredible soundtracks and, despite years of listening to it while working and browsing the internet, I still enjoyed hearing the music as I played the game. It was great to listen to the delightful melodies in context once again.

Game 11: Tulpa (PC) - 2 hours | 11/03/2015
Played for a Cubed3 review.

Game 12: Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas (PC) - 9 hours | 21/03/2015
Played for a Cubed3 review.

Game 13: Broforce (PC) - 5 hours 15 mins | 19/04/2015
This is still in Early Access but I played through the available campaign levels. This is great fun as it lets you go crazy with lots of firepower but at times requires careful planning to make it to the end of a level without losing all your bros. I was very impressed by it and can only imagine how much fun it is in multiplayer.

It's a shame that not every level had music but the tracks that I heard were great. I've yet to get tired of the amazing victory theme at the end of each level. I'm glad that a story hasn't been shoehorned into the game in a major way. The simple premise of killing bad guys is enough for this and cultivates the pick up and play nature of the gameplay.

Game 14: Sid Meier's Civilization: Beyond Earth (PC) - 6 hours 30 mins | 01/02/2015
I played a full game of this on easy for some Playfire achievements. It's only the second game that I've played, compared to countless in Civ V, but I'm still not a fan of the game. Some new features are interesting, like missions, fighting aliens and the virtues, but it's very monotonous in its appearance. The interface is very grey which makes trying to learn it a chore compared to the vibrant colours of Civ V. Hopefully the 2.0 patch addresses this and adds life to the game. It has potential but I can't be bothered to learn it instead of playing another game of Civ V.

Game 15: Monument Valley (Android) - 15/05/2015
I heard great things about this game and it very much lived up to my expectations. The mechanic of rotating the landscape to create new platforms from different combinations of architecture was very well done and something that I haven't seen elsewhere in a while, if ever. It made for some very interesting and challenging puzzles that weren't so difficult that I became frustrated but also avoided tedium by continuing to require careful thought.

The visuals are great, especially given the relatively simple colour palette. The art style is very well designed and creates a wonderful, varied and vibrant world in which the puzzles are set. The music is engaging, especially the sound effects that play in time to certain actions. It's a shame that some parts had no background music though it's a small complaint.

Game 16: Kirby and the Rainbow Paintbrush (Wii U) - 7 hours 32 mins | 20/05/2015
This really surprised me as I was expecting a great game but it turned out to be one of the most enjoyable experiences I've had in gaming. The level design is amazing and the developers put some truly wonderful ideas into the game. It didn't feel like anything was overused and it left me yearning for more. I'm looking forward to going through the challenge rooms and, one day, getting all the collectibles in the main game.

Game 17: WWE 2K15 (PC) | 29/05/2015
Reviewed for Cubed3.

Game 18: Splatoon (Wii U) | 04/06/2015
That final boss :toot: :wub: :datass:

The campaign has some truly fantastic ideas and it really isn't an overstatement to call it a wonderful blend of Galaxy and Sunshine. I hope that we see SplaTWOon some day with an even bigger campaign because these levels are just as enchanting as the multiplayer.

I'm so glad that the squid amiibo costumer requires me to go through the main game first to unlock the extra challenges otherwise I probably never would have completed it. The budget price of Splatoon makes it very appealing for those who want some online mayhem but it also makes a very strong case for the short, but ever so sweet, single player mode.

Game 19: Donkey Kong (GB 3DS VC) - 6 hours 10 mins (36 minutes last year) | 10/06/2015
I was very pleasantly surprised by how well designed this is. Even after about 20 years, the levels are challenging and inventive. It's easy to see the origin of the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series in this wonderful platform-puzzler. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a 2D platformer.

Game 20: Yoshi's Woolly World (Wii U) - 16 hours 26 mins | 08/07/2015
Reviewed for Cubed3.

Game X: The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - 1 hours 45 mins | 01/02/2015

Game X: Fire Emblem (GBA Wii U VC) - 1 hours 45 mins | 01/02/2015

Game X: Okami (PS3) | 01/02/2015

Game X: Captain Toad (Wii U) - 1 hours 45 mins | 01/02/2015
ShopTo sent this to me early and I started it on Christmas day. It's a wonderfully charming puzzler with some tricky moments if you're looking for every secret. I can tell that I'm going to enjoy getting everything I can out of this.

Game X: Driveclub (PS4) | 01/02/2015

Game X: Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Tipping Stars (Wii U) - 1 hours 45 mins | 01/02/2015

Game X: Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) | 01/02/2015

Game X: Killing Floor 2 (PC) | 01/02/2015

Game X: Return to Castle Wolfenstein (PC) | 01/02/2015

Game X: Bloodborne (PS4) | 01/02/2015

The Witcher

Trine 2

Fullblox

Tipping Stars

Kid Icarus: Uprising

50: Killing Floor 2

51: Mario Kart Mondays

52: Smash Bros Wii U

Wow, 52 games in a year. 1 game per week. If I can do this, I might finish my backlog in like 2-3 years. :)

Completed:

Game 1: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4) ~39 hours

gn2rR4P.jpg

Platinum'd. Cool game. I kept reading about how the game is similar to Assassin's Creed but couldn't fathom how (I try to avoid watching videos of games I know I want to play) and now that I've played it I think it's a fun action game with stealth and what I want AC to be (combat wise). I do however hate how there isn't many safe areas and almost everywhere you go is enemy territory but it fits in with your character being in Mordor and all. That and the game being very easy are my only complaints so far.

Game 2: The Order: 1886 (PS4) ~13 hours

vvnX9Z3.jpg

Platinum'd. I was a big downer on this gaming leading up to the release but after I played and beat the game, I actually really enjoyed it. The graphics are amazing and it really makes the story/characters more believable. The gameplay is also competent and enjoyable with a nice variety of weapons. My only gripe with the game is the pacing is kinda slow and the boss fights are very lackluster. Regardless, I really liked this game and hope it gets a sequel.

Game 3: Dragon Ball Xenoverse (PS4) - 100+ hours

XT6OSa4.png

Platinum'd. I actually bought this game half-hardheartedly thinking it was going to be a bad game but I wanted to play a DBZ game on PS4. I was surprised how much fun I had with my create-a-character (CaC) and giving them different skills. The story mode is meh (expected) and the Parallel Quests are just grinding venues. The game's random number generator (RNG) for dropping skills/equipment is by far the worst I've ever seen in a game and made getting the platinum difficult. But what has unexpectedly kept me playing this game is the PvP. Some moves are still borderline broken but most skills in the game have been patched fairly. I play rank PVP regularly so if you've seen iKillerBee online know that it was me. :)

Game 4: Contrast (PS4) ~5 hours

j0O5LUQ.jpg

Surprisingly short game. I got this at launch for my PS4 with PS+ but never got around to completing it until now. The gameplay is okay but I find a lot of the shadow/real world shifting to be inconsistent making the platforming segments in the game difficult. The story is sufficient, nowhere near good but enough to continue playing the game. The puzzles are by far the highlights in this game with some of them being fairly tricky. I enjoyed my time with the game, but I feel that was mostly because of how short the game was.

Game 5: Assassin's Creed: Unity (PS4) ~20 hours

XPD8sCR.png

My second most disliked AC game, surpassed only by the horror that is AC3. I tried giving the game a chance but I felt bored playing through most of the game so I just rushed through the story missions. The story/characters wasn't interesting either so I had to take a few months break to get away from the boredom and now I've finally beat it. I probably won't play another AC game for a long time, if ever again.

Game 6: Metal Gear Solid (PS1) ~ 15 hours

jS84YPr.jpg

This game is incredible in many ways. I'm amazed at how clever the game is with the way to defeat bosses or accomplish some objectives. I thought the story was really well done, but some characters were repetitive in their dialogue. And the game is kinda long/padded out, especially towards the end imo. But overall, the game has been enjoyable. I can imagine the people who played this game during the PS1 era must have been amazed at all of the gameplay and story elements.

Game 7: Danganropa: Trigger Happy Havoc (Vita) - 24 hours & 36 minutes

9XlQkHl.jpg

Most boring game I've ever played. I've never played a visual novel before so didn't know there would be such lackluster gameplay. The "game" is mostly reading with a few button inputs here and there. I bought the sequel's CE prematurely but I'll likely just sell it and not play another visual novel again.

Game 8: Final Fantasy: Type 0 (PS4) - 37 hours & 11 minutes

lcyNedp.png

Platinum'd, easily. Most of the trophies will be obtained from just playing the game. In the beginning I wasn't that interested in the gameplay but I used the Infinite XP glitch to level up my party and that made everything more enjoyable and the game was still surprisingly difficult. The story was good right off the bat; didn't expect it to be so dark. The exposition is poorly explained though and I had to look up several things to understand it properly and even then I'm still confused (especially with the ending). Overall good game and I'm glad I picked it up as it was a last minute purchase.

Game 9: Watch Dogs (PS4) - 18 hours

myfZkEQ.jpg

Finally getting around to playing this game, I thought it was okay. Much better than Assassin's Creed but I'm burning out on open world games. I hate that there is so much to do and I've always hated games that hide plot details in collectibles. I just did all of the story missions and was satisfied with that. I really like how the revenge plot is conclusive with no loose ends. Most games/stories always have some hidden mastermind at the end to tease a sequel, but this game was straightforward and I respect that. Playing on PS4 there was a few random performance drops but nothing major. Also, for game that was tarnished for it's downgrades, I still thought the game looked good most of the time.

Game 10: Ether One (PS4) - 4 hours & 28 minutes

RWXbcj2.jpg

Platinium'd but I needed a guide to do it. The puzzles in this game are hard, mostly because you have to discover everything without much hints of what to do/where to go. The game's story was oblivious to me throughout the entire game until the end where I was able to piece everything together (well, at least make sense of the basic plotline).

Game 11: Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty HD (PS3) -14 hours & 28 minutes

6SqpE3I.jpg

Initially, I was very disappointed. I started from the prologue(?) playing as Snake 2 years before the main game starts with Raiden. My disappointment comes from the top-down gameplay that carries over from MGS1. I excused that gameplay in MGS1 because it was a PS1 game and the first in the MGS series. I hate combat in the top-down perspective and I hate how you can't see enemies directly in front of you unless you press the First-Person button. I also hate the lack of direction in the prologue when you're on the ship. Anyways, apart from that, I started to enjoy the game shortly after the switch to Raiden and I actually enjoyed this game more than MGS1. I like the mission objectives, boss fights, story, and characters a lot more in MGS2. The game feels a lot more cohesive imo.

Game 12: Tearaway Unfolded (PS4) ~10 hours

h7tHSaG.png

I originally played this on Vita years ago and loved, especially how the ending wraps everything up. This time around though I found myself very frustrated with the game at times and thought it lost a lot of its charm. I hate everything motion controlled in this game. I also didn't like the extra content added as it felt like filler (and was since it never changed the original story). I noticed this more towards the end as reaching the You is teased so often and right before you reach the You, there is some stupid plot twist that causes a change of events that you have to solve before delivering the messaging.

Game 13: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West (PC) ~8 hours

cA5altf.jpg

Backstory: Initially started playing this game back in 2012 on PS3 but stoppped after Chapter 6. I remember having very negative feelings toward the game initially. Disliking Trip, hating combat, and bored by the game mechanics. But, a few days ago, I was looking at my games collection and noticed this game and decided to finish it since I was halfway through the game. I restarted my save on PS3 but wasn't liking the experience. The game has frame rate drops and graphically looked bad. I also didn't remember anything about the story apart from being "enslaved". So, I looked up to see if the game had a PC port and it did. Bought it during the steam sale and restarted from the beginning.

When I caught up to where I was on my PS3 save, I was thinking to myself that this game wasn't really as bad as I remembered it. Sure the combat was repetitive and bland, but I really liked the "platforming" parts. It was refreshing to have Monkey quickly complete sequences of jumps; the sense of agility can really be felt and he certainly lives up to his moniker. I still didn't like Trip initially but I warmed up to her eventually. Anyways, when I finally meet Pigsy is when the game really got enjoyable for me. Firstly, Pigsy is the best character in the game by far. Secondly, very rarely do I laugh from video game jokes but the interactions between Pisgy and Monkey are hilarious and Trip's role in their relationship ties everything together so well. I really started enjoying the story and characters at this point and it get's so good that I believe this portion of the game had to be written by someone else. Gameplay was still meh but I already found my motivation to continue and beat the game. I foresaw how Pigsy's role was going to play out before it happened and loved him all the more. As for the ending, I was really curious to see how they were going to, if even at all (sequel?), wrap up the story as there was never a real antagonist or villain introduced. Considering this, I thought the exposition on the mastermind and his objective was good enough. I liked the roles that Trip and Monkey played in this scene as I really thought it was going to end differently. Nevertheless, it concludes well and I overall enjoyed the game. It's amazing how I once hated this game vehemently but like it now. It definitely doesn't need a sequel, but if it got one I'd play it day one.

Game 14: Rocket League (PS4) ~15 hours

XlzWQrx.jpg

I was looking at how paltry my list is and realized I haven't added this game yet. Didn't really occur to me to add it since it's a multiplayer game and "completing" a game like this never really happens. Anyways, I got this from PlayStation Plus but didn't start playing until November. It's a pretty fun game and I play almost daily. I always have this itch to play a quick game or a few and I'll usually win them all except for the last game when I say I'm gonna stop and I ended losing (badly) and have to redeem myself which continues for my session for a couple hours. I didn't think a soccer with cars would be so fun. When I first started I was so bad but now I'm pretty decent I'd say. I still need to look into doing those flying/aerial moves but I'll get to it eventually. I like having things to improve on and every time I play Rocket League I think of how much better I could be if I just did this or time that right.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post 2 (if I go over the character limit.

kubinsky

Im trying to spend less money on games in 2015, so i declare 2015 as "year of the backlog".

• Completed
    1. Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D [3DS] [20:13]:
      it was my first 3D zelda and it seems im more into the 2D games. The overall atmosphere was quite good but i really didn`t like the camera handling and most of the dungeons.​
    2. Outlast [PS4] [5:00]:
      Finished it in one setting, it was ok, nothing special​
    3. Vanishing of ethan carter [PC] [4:30]:
      Really enjoyed it!​
    4. Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow [GBA] [5:00]:
      Classic 2D Castlevania greatness!
  • Playing
  • Planned
    1. Bayonetta 2
    2. Xenoblade Chronicles
    3. Wonderful 101
    4. Mario Galaxy 1 & 2
    5. DKTF
    6. Persona Q
    7. Virtues Last Reward
    8. Captn Toad Treasure Tracker
    9. Dragon Age Inquisition
    10. Evil Within
    11. Eternal Darkness
    12. Metroid Fusion
    13. Castlevania Aria/Dawn of Sorrow
    14. All 3DS Guild01 & Guild02 games

I`ll update and rewrite this post with thoughts about the finished games

31/12/2015 edit: Man, I really should have kept updating my list as I went instead of suddenly leaving everything for the last day :lol. I can't even remember when I played these games anymore.

Beaten:

Game 1 - Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs (3 hours)
Really enjoyed the story and setting, but the original is way better in every other way. Started: 1/1/2015. Finished: 1/1/2015

Game 2 - Dragon Age 2 (42 hours)
Went with lowered expectations, ended up enjoying it more than Origins despite the endless graphics glitches and their overuse of recicled enviroments, mainly thanks to the sarcastic option. Started: December 2014. Finished: 2/1/2015

Game 3 - Year Walk (2 hours)
Fantastic experience, specially the journal stuff. Bought a Humble Bundle just for this game, and it was well worth the dollar. It took me so long because I got all the achievements. Started: 3/1/2015. Finished: 3/1/2015

Game 4 - Five Nights At Freddy's (2 hours)
I wanted to know what the fuss was about this one, and even though I knew it wouldn't be scary I ended up enjoying the later nights, when things get hetic and you really need to switch cameras and check lights very fast. Night 6 took me way too many times, hence my playtime (I played the Android version, where each night is supposed to last slightly more than 4 minutes). Started: 31/12/2014. Finished: 10/1/2015.

Game 5 - Bastion (25 hours)
I actually started playing the game a long time ago, but it ran like crap on my 2008 MacBook and found it way too boring and repetitive. After talking about Transistor with my cousin I decided to give it another try on my gaming PC, and I have to say I did a total 180 on this game. Loved the combat, in fact I beat it three times straight just to get all the achievements. Now I get the hype. Started: 2/8/2012. Finished: 14/1/2015.

Game 6 - Vigil: Blood Bitterness (2 hours)
You might have heard this game is a technical mess. Well, I think technical mess falls short. In order to start playing, for some reason you need to start downloading RIP 3's demo. Then, the maximum resolution was like 1280x800, cutscenes don't work on fullscreen mode, and at the start of every level or after pressing Esc, the game always falls back to fullscreen, even if you were playing in windowed mode. I even got a BSoD while playing that somehow disabled my monitor for like half an hour, even after multiple restarts, changing video outs and disconnecting both my computer and the monitor from the power source. The art style works well most of the time, but there are also some scenes where the black and white simply results in a blurry mess. I give the devs props for the atmosphere, though, I felt a definite sense of dread while I played. However, there's no way in hell I can defend this mess. Please, if you are like me and got this game on a bundle, don't install it. Started: 20/1/2015. Finished: 21/1/2015.

Game 7 - Grim Fandango Remastered (12 hours)
Lovely game with charming characters. I never played the original, so I don't really care whether it's an half-assed remaster or not. Got all achievements, even though I didn't really use tank controls (I activated them on the menu but kept being able to use the PnC interface... I really didn't know I wasn't supposed to be able to do that :lol). A must play for PnC fans that never touched the original. Started: 26/1/2015. Finished: 30/1/2015.

Game 8 - Scratches: Director's Cut (5 hours)
Great atmosphere, but I thought it'd be scarier, and some of the puzzles were way too obscure or pixel-hunty. I guess it was more impressive back when it was released, because I've heard heaps of praise about it but I don't really think it's all that. Started: 21/2/2015. Finished: 21/2/2015.

Game 9 - Evoland (5 hours)
Just perfect in almost every single way (the random encounters had insane frequency, I guess it was done to parody old school RPGs, but it was WAY too much). When I saw it I knew I would love it, and it didin't dissapoint. I love the idea of watching the evolution of games unfold as you progress, and playing with 2D = past / 3D = present. A must play for any retro JRPG lover. Started: 22/2/2015. Finished: 23/2/2015.

Game 10 - Hexcells (2 hours)
SteamGAF-ers had ben hyping it up like crazy, and boy did it live up to the expectations. Great, relaxing puzzle game. Bought the complete pack, so expect to see Plus and Infinite here soon :). Started: 24/2/2015. Finished: 25/2/2015.

Game 11 - Hexcells Plus (11 hours)
As you can see, this one was vastly harder than the original (and better, too!). Started: 25/2/2015. Finished: 3/3/2015.

Game 12 - Hexcells Infinite (15 hours)
Man, some of the last puzzles were devilish in this one! I enjoyed a lot the random puzzles, too, they were easier but also way more relaxing. Started: 4/3/2015. Finished: 10/03/2015.

Game 13 - Lucius
First game I beat with my GF, and she loved it! It was decent enough for me, they could have done a lot more with the premise since the game was a bit repetitive, but worth checking out anyways.

Game 14 - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Great fun little game, and the only single player Wii U game I finished this game.

Game 15 - Velvet Assassin
Second game I beat with my GF. Even though it´s kind of mediocre in the great scheme of things, we quite enjoyed it (in fact, I think she'd say it's her favourite game ever, maybe tied with Lucius).

Game 16 - Holy Avatar vs Maidens of Death
The Grotesque Tactics games are one of my guilty pleasures, even though I can objectively see how they're kind of terrible. This one is pretty much like the other Grotesque games, so I was wuite satisfied with it even though I wouldn't recommend it to anyone else.

Game 17 - Hitman: Blood Money
Great game, I totally get all the praise it gets now. I kind of wish there was some more story (although not going overboard with it a la Absolution), but I think it's a perfect match of open world design with small, restricted areas. Hopefully the newest Hitman will be closer to this one than the rest.

Game 17 - Deus Ex: The Fall (6 hours)
This was... actually decent enough! After watching that infamous gif of the shooting, I expected a shit-tier game. Instead, I found it to be an okay, if slightly boring, game that uses the same systems as Deus Ex:HR. I wouldn't really recommend it, but it got me in the mood for more Deus Ex... Shame about that cliffhanger ending, though, since I guess they will never release part two. Started: 17/5/2015. Ended: 17/5/2015.

Game 18 - Thi4f
Played it with my GF too. After playing the original last year, I couldn't help but find this one incredibly medicore, dumbed down and streamlined to something that really shouldn't be called at all. She kind of liked it, though, although she found it boring at parts.

Game 19 - Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (+ Claptrap DLC)
I don't usually enjoy mindless shooters, but for some reason I could play Borderlands games all day and not really get bored. I liked the pre-sequel less than the other two, but it was good enough anyways.

Game 20 - Terra Battle
I know this is a mobile Gacha game that you technically can't finish (yet), but I'm done with it after having played daily for the better part of the year. I'll always remember it as the first mobile game that really grabbed me, but I got burned out of it due to the lack of new content outside of special events this year.

Game 21 - Monument Valley
Got it for free thanks to an Amazon promotion. It was neat, I guess, but I didn't think it was all that. Definitely worth trying if you can also grab it for free, but I would have felt ripped off if I had paid for it, even if it were available on Steam.

Game 22 - Alien: Isolation
Definitely my DOTY (Disappointment of the Year 2015). Yeah, the atmosphere is definitely great, but gameplay-wise the game was a chore to finish. Pretty much every area consisted of evading the alien, then robots, then humans, then restoring the power of a section a couple of times. It really, really, doesn't deserve the praise it gets. Also played it with my GF, and she really wanted to like it but found it extremely boring in the end.

Game 23 - Killer is Dead: Nightmare Edition
As a Suda fan, I've got to say this is probably his best game since Killer7 or No More Heroes (I'm not really sure if I'd say KiD is better than NMH, since I enjoyed both inmensely). I was surprised by how much I liked the actual gameplay compared to other Suda games. The Gigolo missions were a complete mistake, even though I can see why they were added, but I definitely would recommend it to anyone that has ever enjoyed a Suda game (or has been interested in them).

--- will finish tomorrow ---

u4ea

in progress:

Condemned 2 (PS3)
R.U.S.E. (PC)

completed:

Game 1: Wolfenstein: The new order (PC) (13 hours)
Really good FPS. Only thing I didn't like was the ending: Boss battle and story ending. Played it on 'I am death incarnate' difficulty.

Game 2: Dear Esther (PC) (1 hour)
Beautiful little visual novel type of game. I played the source mod a couple of years ago. It's roughly the same. Not for you if you don't like walking around looking at level-design without any interaction.

cormack12

Gold Member
Claiming post (updated 29/07/15)

Completed
Game 1: LittleBIGPlanet3 - probably 12 hours (Jan)
Completed Adventure mode. Debating whether to finish the trophies and collectibles, may return to it in the future but done with it for now. Some of the contraption challenges are fun. I liked the three protagonists and their different abilities but felt they could have utilised them a bit more. Didn't encounter any game breaking bugs but loads of little niggles that caused you to die stopping you acing the levels; might bother you if you're a completionist.

Game 2: Super Mario 3D World - probably in the region of 14 hours (Jan)
Completed main and extras. Not really sure on this to be honest. It was pretty and largely fun to run through but certain things irked me. The cat suit and the jump button always jumping away from the wall rather than having the option to up-jump caught me out a lot of times and it was frustrating. I really disliked the parts where you had to ride that weird nessie type monster downstream. I thought the bosses were largely uninventive and haven't really come a long way at all. It was fun enough in certain parts, but the game felt stretched near the end and the content didn't feel as though it warranted that time (beautiful environments or not).

Game 3: Battlefield 4 - clocked in at around 125 hours, 100 of which are multiplayer (Jan)
Completed campaign and switched to multiplayer. Eventually got bored and did a cleanup of the trophies. Got my platinum, now uninstalled. Campaign was horrible and so were the constant barriers the devs put in place. As well as the lengthy exposition. Without cutscenes, the campaign was probably around 5 hours. Not picking up hardline after the launch fiasco and this could be my last FPS now (Update: Like a sucker picked up Hardline - most of my friends are getting it and it's the only FPS it looks like we're gonna be online for :/ Disappointed but the beta was actually decentish)

Game 4: Life is Strange (Ep1)- About 3 hours I think (Feb)
Loved the soundtrack, seriously liked every song. Game's art style was very pretty and had some great screenshot ops in there. Sometimes the 'map' boundaries did my head in with the invisi-walls. Interested to see where they go with this now. Happy I bought the season pass.

Game 5: Dragon Age: Inquisition - 80 hours
Done everything, just finishing the last dragon now. Might do a nightmare run but it will be really far in the future as it's an intense game to replay right away. Loved it on the whole. Think it got a little loose after the Orlesian Court mission, liked the hub world design though. My GOTY easily so far.

Game 6: Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask - 25 hours-ish
Might seem a long time, but this was played over many months. Just a bedtime dip in, dip out kind of game. Me and the missus tried to use no hints on the puzzles and took our time figuring them out properly. Didn't rush through it at all. I much prefer the Unwound Future over this. I liked Elizabeth as the companion, thought there were a few 'cheap' problems in this, more so then the Unwound Future.

Game 7: The Order 1886 - about ten hours
Generally liked it, thought the reviews were a bit scathing. Some parts were frustrating, I attribute most of that down the camera angle though. Close and flat did not work too well. Hope it gets a sequel though just to see what RaD improve and build on.

Game 8: Valiant Hearts - about five or six hours I think (07/03/15)
Loved it. The artstyle, story and even most of the mechanics were rock solid. Only criticism is sometimes the collision/overlap graphics were a bit janky. Definitely a triumph for the Ubiart engine. Was lucky enough to get this through PS+ but if they release a follow up I think I'll bite and buy.

Game 9: Never Alone - about 3 hours
Got all collectibles and 100% it. Not too taxing. Beautiful artwork let down by some severe jank in the jumping mechanics. Often my players would get stuck or not be able to drag objects or just drop out the air mid jump to their death. Became very frustrating. Solid effort and I support the developers, would have benefited from a more experienced studio giving some pointers though I feel.

Game 9: Limbo - about 3/4 hours
Don't think I can really be bothered to do a perfect run for the last trophy. The game was generally neat, think it went on slightly too long though. The monochromatic art style was pleasing, and this genuinely was a game that made you learn from your mistakes without being 'cheap' about it. It had a lot of restart points etc. to respect the players time.

Game 10: Transistor - about 6/7 hours
Spent a lot of time looking for stuff in this game that explained the story. Turns out they don't exist, you pretty much have to wait until the last act to let it knit together. Reminded me in some ways of contrast which I enjoyed. The art style was nice, the battle mechanics and functions were not so great and the pictures/descriptions were poor. The lose a function as a life bar was interesting, kept making me switch it up and use functions I didn't particularly like but had to become effective with. Good effort, but I kind of think I'd like to see more action based combat instead of XCOM/VATS style.

Game 11: Life is Strange (Ep2)- About 2.5 hours I think
Loved the way the story continued. Sort of wish for a key choice flag to let the player know there won't be a recycle option on the dialogue as it's a bit inconsistent to read. Still though, a good follow up and will be eagerly awaiting Ep3 now.

Game 12: PES 2015 - too many to count
Not really interested in 'Become a 'Legend' and have no inclination to win 6 on the spin against the COM at superstar level. Been through several master leagues and myClub. Game doesn't have anything to offer me now except a 5/10 minute quick game if I'm pushed for time.

Game 13: Trine - 5/6 hours? (May)
Originally bought Trine 2 on Wii U but never really played it so picked up the enchanted edition or PS4. Just finished the first game. Really, really liked it. Always loved the art anyway, but the narration and story was excellently done. The mechanics were well thought out and balanced. The characters were likeable without being over-storied. And there were actually some parts that were quite challenging. Can't be bothered going back through for all green potions and collectibles though. Really enjoyed it and looking forward to blasting episode 2 as well now.

Game 14: Mario Kart 8 - Must be in the region of 50-60 hours (May)
I kind of put this down now. I kept playing until the DLC was round the corner, but I don't think I'm going to carry on now. There are so many other games coming out that I wan't to play. Good for a quick spin but there's nothing compelling any more to bring me back. Happy with what I got from the game overall though.

Game 15: Zelda Wind Waker HD - Around 35-40 hours
This was my first Zelda game aside from one on the game boy years and years ago. Missus persuaded me to give it a go as I though it looked a bit 'kiddy'. It was OK, it's definitely not something that makes me want to play any other Zeldas. The footage from Zelda U looks more adult though and gorgeous so I'm hoping that's a little more grown up. The art style is very sharp and nice to look at it, but after it wears off it comes across as a bit bland. Not what I thought/think the main Zelda games are really about I'd hazard a guess.

Game 16: Game of Thrones Episode 1 - 5 Hours over a few nights I guess?
Strange one this. The games performance was awful at times which put me off. I guess I'd sum the game up as inconsistent - including art, graphics and voice acting. I love GoT but I feel this game relied heavily on the established universe to create their own arc which just doesn't have the same compelling plot threads. It was OK, but I have no inclination to play another episode of this.

Game 17: Bloodborne, in the region of 40-45 hours (June)
Liked this so much more than Souls. A lot of it felt much fairer and the combat a lot more refined and cleaner. I was still peeved at the camera angles a lot of the time on larger bosses though. The last third the game on the Nightmare Frontier was just plain bad as well. It stopped being a consistent arc at that point and just went weird. Like loads of random stuff threw together. The frenzy was the worst mechanic in the entire game. Absolutely crap.

Game 18: Battlefield: Hardline - 50ish hours
Enjoyed it more than BF4 but am burnt out on FPS. I got my kicks out of multiplayer, didn't really touch single player though. Have no plans to play any more.

Game 19: Life is Strange (Episode 3) - 5 hours
Fast becoming my favourite game this year. The build and some of the scenes in this installment were really well executed. DontNod maturing as the series continues. Really looking forward to what they do next as well.

Game 20: Arkham Knight - about 35-40 hours? (Jul)
Generally liked it. Was the strongest of the Arkham games for me. Didn't really feel the hate toward the batmobile, except in the specific missions in the last 10% of the game. Didn't do the riddler trophies as I just dno't have the time to waste. I'd sooner move onto new games then grind meaningless content.

Game 21: Diablo III - about 200 hours in total
Was only continuing playing because of the last few trophies, but the hours are totalling up and I've been trying to get rid of games when I've completed them now. Decided it's time to draw a line under Diablo 3 now. I'm not getting anything new out of it and don't have the dedicated time to be a high end dungeon runner. Loved the journey largely. Had a lot of fun with it.

Game 22: Trine 2 -11 hours
Everything Trine 1 was not. Really disliked it. Was basically a goblin generator. I finished it more out of respect for the first game. Really disappointed in the direction they went with this.

Game 23: Journey - 5/6 hours
Was not as moved as much as some as GAF, but glad I played it. The music complemented the gameplay well and the sound effects. Was very atmospheric in parts too.

Game 24: Life is Strange (Episode 4) - 6 hours
Bit longer than the previous episodes but easily the strongest in all aspects. The plot just keeps getting darker and going places other devs fear to tread. Fast becoming my favourite for game of the year.

Game 25: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - 6/7 hours
Loved the aesthetic on this. Probably one of a handful of games that has gelled photorealism and videogame in a sweet spot. I actually liked the plot as well. It was fun discovering all the substories and puzzles. To be honest, I felt a bit dumb because a couple of them stumped me for a while. Was well impressed and feel this sort of format crossed with 'Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishment' would be a match made in haven.

In progress
MGS-GZ - 6 hours, want to do the extra missions as well
NBA 2K15 - Trying to get my head round the controls in prep for NBA 2K16
TES:O - level 10, not digging it at the moment. Feels a little lifeless
Witcher 3 - Didn't hook me immediately, waiting for patches and
Outlast

Demons souls - 2 hours (abandoned, got fed up of fighting the camera angles, ridiculous)
Danganronpa 2 - abandoned. I might come back to it in time, on an easier difficulty. The shooting the words flying across the screen was not for me. I just wanted to enjoy the story and detective sections.

Xaero

Neo Member
Game 1: Sunset Overdrive.
Fun game, loved the humour! Missions got a bit repetitive towards the end of the game, but still had a blast!

Game 2: Dark Dreams Don't Die.
Ummmm. Not sure how I feel about this one. Kinda fun? Strange. Short. Ends with no conclusion. Meh.

Game 3: Torchlight 2.
Awesome! Love these kind of games and this one was great, with some really neat combat.

Game 4: Torchlight 1.
Started this straight away after beating the first one. Pretty good fun, loved the art style even more than the first one. Bit clunkier in places than the first game and I somehow ran out of stuff that wasn't way higher level than me to kill towards the end so I had to use some cheats to level up a few times and once I did that I just started fucking around with all the cheats for the last few levels and having a blast with em :)

Game 5: Space Miner: Ore Bust.
Half played it through ages ago, started from scratch again and now about to beat the last boss. Awesome game, loads of fun, super addictive and perfect for small blasts.

Game 6: Super Stardust Delta.
Finished it on casual, gonna play though the next difficulty and try out some of the other modes. Really awesome version of the game, preferred it to the PS3 version and it looks really nice on the Vita screen.

Game 7: Grim Dawn.
Bought this when it first hit early access ages ago and never really got round to playing it. Put 20 hours into it and loved it. Can't wait for the rest of the content to get released.

Game 8: Life Is Strange, EP 1
Amazing. Not usually a fan of story driven adventure games, but everything about this game was awesome. Can't wait for the next chapter!

Game 9: Tales from the Borderlands, EP2
Another really fun episode! Less action and comedy than the first, but still great.

Game 10: Life is Stange, EP2
Not as good as the first episode, but the world is still really great and I'm excited for the next episode.

Game 11: Borderlands 2
Finally! Man, I've been playing this game on and off for about a year :) Finally beat it at around 33 hours and level 30. Really looking forward to doing the Tiny Tina DLC now that I'm level 30. And when I've had a BL break, hitting The Pre Sequel :)

In progress:

Mordor
GTA 5

Abandoned:

Metro 2033 - Borrring, zzzzzz

Debs

Never tried this so will give it a go :D

1. Never Alone (PS4) - 3 hours 20 mins COMPLETED

2. Zen Pinball 2 (PS4/Vita)
Want to try get at least a 30M score on each table I own. I won't be keeping a track of the time played on this.

3. Driveclub (PS4) - 5 hours 10 mins

4. Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - 7 hours 16 mins

5. Rayman Origins (PS Vita) - 1 hour 15 mins

6. Peggle 2 (PS4) - 22 hours 39 mins COMPLETED

7. Pokémon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire (GBA) - 3 hours 29 mins

8. Child of Light (Wii U) - 14 hours 10 mins COMPLETED

9. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Wii) - 53 mins

10. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) - 11 hours 7 mins COMPLETED

11. Theme Hospital (PC) - 13 hours 34 mins

12. Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch (PS3) - 53 hours 32 mins COMPLETED

13. Puyo Puyo Tetris (PS4) - 2 hours 43 mins

14. Pokémon Omega Ruby (3DS) - 9 hours 57 mins

15. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask 3D (3DS) - 7 hours 58 mins

16. Super Puzzle Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PS3) - 34 mins

17. Pokémon Shuffle (3DS) - 43 hours 27 mins

18. Pokémon Blue (Gameboy) - 1 hour 32 mins

19. Pokémon Link: Battle! (3DS) - 1 hour 35 mins

20. Mario's Picross (Gameboy) - 18 hours 24 mins

21. South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS3) - 3 hours 5 mins

22. Picross e (3DS) - 1 hour 40 mins

Synth

Completed - 52/52

1: Lara Croft and The Guardian of Light [02/01/2015]
2: Dear Esther [08/01/2015]
3: Forza Horizon 2 [13/01/2015]
4: Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo 3 [01/02/2015]
5: Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo 4 [14/02/2015]
6: Sonic: Lost World [15/02/2015]
7: Driveclub [25/02/2015]
8: Dead or Alive 5: Last Round [26/02/2015]
9: Resogun [28/02/2015]
10: Super Mario 3D Land [07/03/2015]
11: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors [15/03/2015]
12: Forza Horizon 2 Present Fast & Furious [31/03/2015]
13: Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward [06/04/2015]
14: Project Spark Episode 1: Void Storm [13/04/2015]
15: Life Is Strange: Episode 1: Chrysalis [31/01/2015]
16: Life Is Strange: Episode 2: Out Of Time [30/04/2015]
17: D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die: Season 1 [08/05/2015]
18: Conker's Bad Fur Day [16/05/2015]
19: Conker's Big Reunion [17/05/2015]
20: 3D Outrun [25/05/2015]
21: 3D Super Hang-On [25/05/2015]
22: Forza Motorsport 5 [06/06/2015]
23: Mortal Kombat X [07/06/2015]
24: Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition [15/06/2015]
25: Destiny [29/06/2015]
26: Batman: Arkham Asylum [06/07/2015]
27: Batman: Arkham City [14/07/2015]
28: Bioshock Infinite [17/07/2015]
29: Jetpac [05/08/2015]
30: Lunar Jetman [06/08/2015]
31: Batman: Arkham Origins [23/08/2015]
32: Lara Croft GO [30/08/2015]
33: Knack [26/09/2015]
34: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes [28/09/2015]
35: Life Is Strange: Episode 3: Chaos Theory [30/09/2015]
36: Minecraft Story Mode: Episode 1: The Order Of The Stone [14/10/2015]
37: Forza Motorsport 6 [16/10/2015]
38: Remember Me [18/10/2015]
39: Halo: The Master Chief Collection - Halo 4 (Spartan Ops) [24/10/2015]
40: Resident Evil Revelations [24/10/2015]
41: Life Is Strange: Episode 4: Dark Room [25/10/2015]
42: Halo 5: Guardians [30/10/2015]
43: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Uncharted: Drake's Fortune [05/11/2015]
44: Life Is Strange: Episode 5: Polarized [05/11/2015]
45: Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection - Uncharted 2: Among Thieves [11/11/2015]
46: Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage - Streets of Rage [14/11/2015]
47: Bioshock Infinite: Burial at Sea [17/11/2015]
48: Rise of the Tomb Raider [19/11/2015]
49: Batman: Arkham Knight [12/12/2015]
50: Hitman GO [14/12/2015]
51: Borderlands 2 [14/12/2015]
52: Elite: Dangerous [31/12/2015]

Wortany

I'll try it this year. I saw the thread last year. Didn't think it was possible for me.
But I still kept a list for myself. Seems I totalled 36 games played, of which only 23 finished, 8 ongoing and 5 dropped because they just weren't fun.

Let's start by posting the ongoing ones to finish this year:

In Progress:
  • PC
    1. Age of Wonders 3 - 54 hours, This is going to take a while, as I'm such a completionist in every map
    2. The Banner Saga - 6 hours
    3. Final Fantasy XIII - 5 hours, Replay on PC in glorious 4K
    4. Goodbye Deponia - 1 hour
    5. Naruto Shippuuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 Full Burst - 7 hours
    6. Far Cry 4 - 18 hours
    7. Dungeon Defenders 2 - 1 hour, Playing in co-op with 3 friends
    8. Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - Replaying before starting the new Dreamfall Chapters, holds up quite well for its age, especially at 4k.
  • WiiU
    1. ZombieU - This game really isn't my style, but I thought I would give it a shot. I might not finish it.
    2. Super Mario 3D World
    3. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
  • PS4
    1. Driveclub - Although I've bought the Driveclub PS4 bundle, I'm not really that much of a race gamer. But I do always get suckered into buying a lot of them. Weather effects in this are phenomenal though.
    2. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD - This may be the first Final Fantasy title, that I've played, that I don't like at all. I'll see if I can convince myself to play some more, perhaps it's just the beginning.
  • Android
    1. Final Fantasy Record Keeper - Not much story, but that nostalgia kick :D
Completed: 13
V2X2Zw6.png
hn5yzeF.png
gWJheMW.png
Ccdpkkb.png

Update Post #1
Update Post #2

D-X

Reserved.
Never thought I'd spend more time watching other people play games than actually doing so myself. Time to thin that back log.

oEo2erC.jpg

1: Gunstar Future Heroes - GBA 2 hours (multiple plays)
A must play
A love letter to the original Gunstar on Megadrive, if you've played the original this is very much a remake, bringing back the same bosses and familiar stages.

Wc12S1k.jpg

2: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons - PC 4 hours
A must play
One of the best story driven games I've played - up there with Walking Dead which is a great feat seeing as there's no conventional dialogue. The controls are strangely wonderful each thumbstick controlling a brother as you cooperate to make it across some cinematic landscapes.

rHCGO9f.jpg

3: The Stanley Parable - PC 4 hours
A must play
If you have friends or family that think video games are all about shooting people in the face - show them this. A genuinely funny, smart and surreal game which proves good writing and clever level design can go hand in hand.

48gUqxv.jpg

4: Monument Valley - IOS Many hours
A must play
A beautiful Escher inspired puzzle game that proves games are art.

iPcuQZ8.jpg

5: Garfield's Escape - Android 1 hour
Worth it for the stupid look on Garfield's face as he slides dressed as a sailor... A simple 16 level slide under jump over game with good controls that gets suddenly way too difficult and unresponsive at level 12.

6: Ghostbusters - PC 6 hours
A must play for Ghostbusters fans.They did a great job of placing you as the rookie and heading out as a team feels special, if you grew up with the films this one that you will savour every last minute of. Authentic script, authentic voice cast - I guess the closest thing we'll get to Ghostbuster 3 now.

7: Sonic and the Black Knight - Wii 6 hours
A game built around unresponsive controls. I don't think I've sworn at a game so much in years in pure frustration at some of the later levels which demand precision movement you can't possibly achieve through waggle. Later levels are timed which means you'll jump over enemies instead of fighting, you'll soon realise that the whole game would've been much more fun without stopping to fight every 5 seconds.

8: The Vanishing of Ethan Carter - PC 4 hours
Took a while for me to realise that the item hunting puzzles aren't spread over the entire map. After that I enjoyed this very original if surreal indie game.

9: Virtua Fighter 4: Evolution - PS2 30 Min
VF is as good as ever and 4 still holds up well

10: Virtua Fighter: 10th Anniversary - PS2 30 Min
A remake of Virtua Fighter with the whole cast of VF4 retroactively included, it's nice to see how they'r represented in VF1 low poly style. Technically it's on the VF4 Evo disc but it's the whole game so I'll count it as a separate one.

Tobinishi

I'm in. Going to be tough but I will at least give it a try.

Games in Progress:

GTA V (PS4)
80 Days (Android)
Final Fantasy VI (Android)

Completed Games: 4

1. Never Alone

Nice game but way too short for the price-tag in my opinion. Finished it in around 4 hours even though they were quite enjoyable.

2. Walking Dead Seasion 2

Season 1 was far better. I didn't really bond with the new characters which is bad for such a character-driven videogame.

3. OlliOlli

Finished all Challenges (Amateur + Pro). Won't go for the RAD Trophy because i won't torture me ;). Still counts as finished for me.

4. Infamous: First Light

Great DLC. Finished the Story, got the platinum trophy and had a blast throughout the whole game.

Games left to finish the challenge: 48

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Completed

Game 1: Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - more than 90 hours
I actually completed every single modes and coop modes in the game. Also I already cleared all challenges that were provided on the Challenge Panel and collected everything in the game, such as trophies, custom moves, headgears, etc. I felt so great that I'm done with single content in Smash U. I'm pretty sure that I'm more likely to play more than 50 hours down in the road. Oh boy, I think someone need to help me to focus on other games so I can actually finish more games. :p I can be very completionist when it came down to Smash Bros franchise since I already cleared 64, Melee, Brawl, Smash 3DS and now Smash U.

Jesus, actually finishing 52 games? If only I had that kind of time. I'm lucky to finish 5.

Same here. Perhaps, I might join so I might have motivation to finish more games but I don't have that much times.

I guess I might try my best.

Claiming a spot. I doubt I'll finish 52 games, but this will be good motivation to actually play things rather than be paralyzed by indecision.

First up is FFX-2 HD

v1ncelis

Game 1 Far Cry 4 - 29 hours
Far Cry 3 was my GOTY back in a day and I really wanted more of it. After finishing FC4 story I can say that I'm sick of FC3. Sometimes I had feeling like I'm back playing 3 instead of 4. I was expecting way more from one of mine favorite game series.
Now please bring Far Cry back to Afrika Ubi!

The Wolf Among Us - 8 hours
Best Telltale game yet.

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition - ~30 hours
Tried to get platinum for a second time (got first on PS3) but eventually got bored. Great game but just for one playthrough.

Resident Evil 4 PS3 - 14 hours
Just my fourth finished game in 2015. Finally I found a good deal on ps3 and now it's time to start digging my backlog. RE4 was like a fresh breath of air after disappointing Evil Within.

Valiant Hearts The Great War ~ 6 hours
One thing for sure - Ubisoft has one of the best artists in the industry. Good game with great story and amazing art. Gameplay though was the weakest part of this game. I'm just glad that Ubi is still willing to fund and release games like these.

GTA IV (lost the track of the time it took to finish the game but I got a Liberty City Minute trophy which means I finished game in less then 30 hours)
I was playing PS3 version and even though most people thinks it looks really bad it wasn't a case for me. It's blurry yes but it still looks better then something newer like Saint's Row 4. Still it's crazy to think what Rockstar achieved later with GTA V compared to IV on the same hardware.
Gameplay is still fun though I was really missing planes and countryside to explore. Physics engine was awesome back in 2008 but now it just annoys me. Character is really hard to control especially in close combat. Because of that I was dying more than I should. That brings another problem - checkpoint system as there isn't any. If I die at any point of the mission I'm end up at the hospital with only text message showing up if I want to repeat the mission. Some missions are really long and contain really long and boring driving from point a to point b sections. That's huge negative for me. Last but not least is main characters phone. Calls, messages appears on the screen way to often. Doesn't help that I can't ignore calls as without answering them I can't get any new story missions.

The Order:1886 ~10 hours to platinum this game
Underrated by critics and loved/hated by gamers. Did I enjoyed this game? Absolutely. Was the game perfect? Not even close. Still I think gaming press was to harsh for this game. Calling it terrible and nothing else but a tech demo...
Great setting, mind blowing graphics, good story and solid shooting mechanics not to mention how well it runs with no performance issues. One of the most polished games I have ever played (on the technical side).
Now it's up to Naughty Dog/ Guerrilla and Santa Monica studios to try to surpass this game on the graphics department. RAD lifted bar really high that's for sure and as for The Order I can't wait for a sequel. Solid 8 from me.

kitzkozan

I'm sure that I can manage to complete the task this year, since I finally cleared a debt which was following me for too long in 2014. XD It should start today as I hope of finishing Xcom: enemy within. So, it should go like this to start the year:

In progress:

Game 1: Xcom: enemy unknown which I stopped near the end of the game, so I should be done with it tonight.

Everything else that I will finish until the 15th of january is related to the game of the year thread, so I can put games in my list that I spend enough time with. Let's hope that my 360 doesn't crap on me like it did in 2014 as well, which slowed down my 52 games challenge (HDD crashed and it corrupted all the data on it which mean I lost saves).

At the very least, my primary objective is improving upon 2014 since I only managed to complete:

AC
AC 2
Mario Kart 8
Persona 4 arena ultimax
MK IX
Halo 3
Killzone shadow fall
Diablo III Reaper of souls
Heartstone
The Last of Us remastered
GT 5
USFIV
Infamous
GG Xrd

lol I didn't even complete 20 games, but I've got plenty in which I passed the mid point. If I garner the motivation to complete these, I'll hit the 52 games mark no problem in 2015. :D

fester

Banned
Gonna take a crack at this since my backlog keeps getting bigger and bigger and I never make a dent in it.

Currently playing:

Wii U:
SM3DW

PS1:
Suikoden

PS3:
FEZ
FFX HD

3DS:
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call - Will call this "complete" when I unlock all characters.

PC:
WoW: Warlords of Draenor - This needs to be wrapped up ASAP if I stand any chance of making progress in 2015.
Skyrim

Cmagus

I've finally stopped playing mmos so now I can start this lol

Game No:1 - Transistor (PS4) - Time 5 hours
capsule_467x181.jpg

Game No:2 - Shovel Knight (3DS) - Time 10 hours
header.jpg

Game No:3 - Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4) - Time 30 hours
427x240-ohV.jpg

Game No:4 - Home (PS4) () - Time 2 hours
home-deal-banner-540x251.png

Game No:5 - Rock Boshers DX: Director's Cut (PS4)) - Time 4 hours [/B]
i3tBnF4FJMrze.jpg

Game No:6 - Bloodborne (PS4) - Time 28 hours
images

Game No:7 - Slender The Arrival (PS4) - Time 4 hours (including trophies)
images

Fracas

#fuckonami
I'll put in a post here but between work and school, there's no way in hell I finish 52 games haha.

Right now I'm mainly just playing Metro Redux.

StingX2

I'm on the board

Game #1 Beaten: Sonic 1 Megamix (Genesis) - 3 Hours
(Started and Finished 1/1/15)

An interesting remake of Sonic 1 that makes it really hard and full of traps. The trick? Get the chaos emeralds cause Sonic's super form was added and you can cost through after that. The Dark Fortress Zone though is horrible.

original post

This space is claimed!

Game #1 LittleBigPlanet 3 - COMPLETED. 5 hours so far. Started and finished in the same day but damn I'm having a lot of fun. Will need to dip into create mode soon and hope it doesn't hinder my progress here. I also took a quick look at the poppit puzzles and they seem like a great new way to teach people about the tools by making them use them to progress. I just wish I could get a few online players at the right time so me and my partner could try out the 4 player level that we're locked out of.

Game #2 Far Cry 4 - COMPLETED. It seems like an upgrade over FC3 but little more, however some of the fine tuning does work out nicely. I couldn't exactly pinpoint why but encounters felt a little better, perhaps because some of the tools now increase the viability of stealth approaches. Also being offered the majority of weapons and tools almost straight away seems to go a long way. Unfortunately however I quickly get lost on what to do since there's so much crap littering the map.

Game #3 Kingdom Hearts 2 HD Remix - Just started. Well after slugging my way through one of the longest and most confusing intros I've been through in a while it's finally time to get on with the real game. Can't wait to see what this one holds since I love the last and I'd never played either until they were re-released.

Game #4 Elite: Dangerous - 12 hours . Loving this game, not sure how much will be considered completion but as I'd expected I'll be playing this for a while as yet.

Game #5 Driveclub - 4 hours. Well visually this is a real stunner, I've probably spent half my time in photo mode actually. Gameplay is really solid too and I can see this being a great arcade racer especially once the faster cars begin unlocking.

Completed

02/01/2015 - Shovel Knight - 3DS - Been wanting to play this since its release and I finally brought it at christmas, completed in 10:25:41 with 80% items collected. Enjoyed it a lot even though I found the ending pretty hard, I'm not bothered about trying to 100% it as I would rather concentrate on other games. 8/10

In Progress

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - 3DS - Got halfway through when first released on DS thought I would give it another go with the recent re-release on 3DS. On case 3 and enjoying so far.

Zelda A Link Between Worlds - 3DS - Its my first 2D zelda I have played. I've just opened up Lorule, good fun!

Zelda Wind Waker HD - WII U - Started this back in June and have been playing it off and on for the past 6 months, I feel I am nearing the end now and just want to finish it to say I have completed a Zelda game from start to finish. I spent to much time on the side quests when I should have concentrated on the main game so a little bored of it now.

Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze - WII U - Another game I have been playing off and on since the summer, I like playing this game but only in short bursts as it can be a little frustrating at times.

Far Cry 4 - PS4 - Brought on release but been concentrating on Nintendo platforms recently with my girlfriend watching a lot of christmas TV.

COD AW - PS4 - Brought on release rinsed the MP but haven't touched the SP yet, I'm sure I will get to the single player campaign at some point.

Future Games

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All - 3DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations - 3DS
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies - 3DS
Zelda Ocarina Of Time - 3DS
Fire Emblem: Awakening - 3DS
Mario Golf World Tour - 3DS

Captain Toad Treasure Tracker - Wii U

Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor - PS4

Tony91

Claiming this post!

Currently Playing/Plan on playing shortly - 26 Games:

1. 3DS - Fire Emblem: Awakening - Been keeping this since last year, never had a chance to complete it
2. 3DS - Super Mario 3D Land - I'm really late to the party, but better now than never, right?
3. PC - Ryse: Son of Rome - Same as MGS V
4. PC - Tales from the Borderlands - Same as Ryse
5. PC - Final Fantasy XIII - I don't own a PS3, so I got it recently with FF XIII-2 on Steam
6. PC - Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Read up here
7. PC - The Evil Within - Have had it for a long time, never really played it, guess it's time I do!
8. PS4 - Driveclub - Waiting for it to be delivered with my PS4!
9. PS4 - The Last of Us Remastered - Same as Driveclub
10. PS4 - Little Big Planet 3 - Same as Driveclub
11. PC - Far Cry 4 - Planning on starting it sometime soon!
12. PC - Stronghold Crusader 2 - Do I really need to say anything?
13. PS4 - Lords of The Fallen - Waiting for the console T_T
14. PC - Alien: Isolation - Constantly going forward on the story on a daily basis, but I think I'm still pretty far from completing it
15. Wii - Xenoblade Chronicles - Preparing for the arrival of the new chapter on Wii U
16. Wii - Super Mario Galaxy - Never had the chance to play it or it's sequel as I never owned a Wii, thanks to Wii U I now can!
17. Wii - Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Read up here
18. GC - Baten Kaitos: The Eternal Wings and The Lost Ocean - Been owning this game for a lot of time, never really completed it
19. GC - Baten Kaitos: Origins - Imported and used with a free loader, will start playing it shortly after the 1st Baten Kaitos
20. GC - Skies of Arcadia Legends - Same as the 1st Baiten Kaitos
21. GC - Tales of Symphonia - Same as the 1st Baten Kaitos
22. Wii - Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn - Same as Super Mario Galaxy
23. PS4 - Injustice: Gods Among Us - Recently got it thanks to PS Plus Subscription, not really a fan of beat 'em ups, but I've only been through the tutorial and the game mechanics seem to be convincing me, somehow
I'll stop here for now, I've got 6 months to complete this half and another 6 to complete the other... I'm pretty sure I'll do it in less than 6 months, lots of free time are a good thing :)

Completed - 5:

Game 1: Persona Q: Shadow of The Labyrinth - 40H
There's no doubt about the feelings this game left me, easily one of the best game's I've ever played on Nintendo's handheld and one of the best "Etrian Odyssey" style games; tons of fun, deep mechanics and awesomely challenging in some specific points.

Game 2: Rune Factory 4 - 60H
Probably not a game series that a ton of people loves, but I do really like the RPG mechanics being fused with the classic Harvest Moon type of gameplay; I must admit I expected way more from the game and that it usually drops in framerate which absolutely makes me angry, but the experience's been solid and it's a really entertaining game.

Game 3: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 20H
I'm European and don't hate me on that but I got a copy earlier than it was supposed to be released so I had a great time with it before everyone else and I also had the chance to finally complete it even though other people might have just started playing it... there's really nothing much to be said about this game, it's awesomely pleasing at the eye, thanks to the art style, and it's gameplay mechanics perfectly fit for the kind-of game it aims to be.

Game 4: Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes - 20H
Finally been able to experience the game at it's best, completed almost everything on the hardest difficulty level and must admit that while I'm not appreciating where the game series' going (Can't really say I loved Metal Gear Solid apart from the original Game on PSX), this chapter specifically feels closer to what I used to love about the game, can't wait to play The Phantom Pain!

Game 5: inFAMOUS: First Light - 10H
Hadn't the time to put it on my "Currently Playing" list as I only got it recently with my European PS Plus Subscription... the game's really short but awesomely full of content and really excels in gameplay and story telling, I loved Fetch and I can't wait to play Second Son once I finally decide to get it at a decent price (In case you didn't notice, I just recently got a PS4!)

Update 1
1. Ultimate NES Remix (3DS) - 11 hours;
2. Weapon Shop de Omasse (3DS) - 12 hours;
3. Folklore (PS3) - 20-25 hours;
Update 2
4. Hotline Miami (PC) ;
5. Rayman Jungle Run (Android) - 100%*;
Update 3
6. Nier (PS3) - 19 hours;
Update 4*
7. Metroid Prime (NPC Wii/U replay) - 8h30m;
Update 5
8. Resident Evil: Deadly Silence (NDS) - both campaigns, 11 hours;
9. Streets of Rage 2 (Megadrive Collection, PS3) - 5-6 hours;
Update 6
10. Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (PC) - 9 hours;
Update 7
11. Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle (3DS) - 14 hours;
Update 8
12. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC) - 26 hours;
13. 3D Out Run (3DS) - 3h30m;
Update 9
14. Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS3) - 9 hours;
Update 10
15. Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen (PS1);
16. Phantasy Star IV (Megadrive Collection, PS3);
Update 11
17. Beyond Good & Evil HD (PS3) - 10 hours;
Update 12
18. Under Defeat HD (PS3) - 4 hours;
Update 13
19. Silent Hill (PS1) - 6 hours;
20. The Sky Crawlers (Wii);
Update 14
21. One Piece: Unlimited World Red (3DS) - 12 hours;
22. BIT TRIP presents Runner 2 (PC) - 6 hours;
Update 15
23. Street Gangs aka River City Ransom (NES) - 4 hours;
Update 16
24. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor (NDS) - 53 hours;
25. Kirby Super Star (SNES) - 6 hours;
Update 17
26. Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (NDS) - 8h30m;
Update 18
27. Super Mario Bros. Deluxe (GBC replay);
28. Super Mario World (SNES replay) - 6 hours;
Update 19
29. Devil May Cry (PS3) - 6 hours;
Update 20
30. Yoshi's Woolly World (WiiU) - 10h30m;
31. Devil May Cry 3 SE (PS3) - 11 hours;
Update 21
32. Final Fantasy VII (PS1) - 29 hours;
33. Zone of the Enders 2nd Runner HD (PS3) - 9 hours;
34. Final Fantasy IV remake (NDS) - 35 hours;
Update 22
35. Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne (PS2) - 43 hours;
Update 23
36. Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure (Wii) - 15 hours;
Update 24
37. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - 160 hours+;
38. Bloodborne (PS4) - 29 hours;
Update 25
39. Metroid: Zero Mission (GBA replay) - 3 hours;
Update 26
40. Journey (PS3 replay) - 1 hour;
Update 27
41. No More Heroes (Wii replay) - 10 hours;
Update 28
42. Banjo-Kazooie (N64 replay) - 12 hours;
43. Super Mario Land (3DS replay) - 0h30m;
44. Rayman Legends (PS3 replay);
45. Super Mario Bros.: The Lost Levels (3DS replay);
Update 29
46. Batman: Arkham Origins (PS3);
47. Donkey Kong 94 (3DS) - 6 hours;
48. Aura Aura Climber (DS) - 2 hours;
Update 30
49. Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4);
Update 31
50. Transformers: Devastation (PS3);
Update 32
51. Super Mario 3D Land (3DS replay) - 9 hours;
Update 33
52. Shovelknight (3DS) - 6 hours;
Update 34
53. Batman: Arkham Asylum (PS3);
54. Project Zero: Maiden of Blackwater (WiiU);
Update 35
55. Fast Racing Neo (WiiU) - 8 hours

Psyae

Finished:

1. 01/02/15 Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - 29 hours
All stars and stamps. Phenomenal game, especially co-op.

2. 01/25/15 Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (PC) - 22 hours
First playthrough beaten. More of the same as previous Borderlands, probably never going to bother with True Vault Hunter mode.

Currently Playing:

Divinity: Original Sin (Steam)

Pokemon Alpha Sapphire (3DS)
Super Smash Bros (3DS)
Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS)

LittleBigPlanet 3 (PS4)
Diablo 3 (PS4)
The Last of Us (PS4)

Freedom Wars (Vita)
Tearaway (Vita)

Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

Jan 1st

#1. Spelunky PS Vita, PS4.

spelunky-ps4-logo_vf1.png

Aim: finish main game. And/or 2000 deaths which ever comes first.
Current: 1005 deaths.
Update: 1 Near completed (died in temple damn anubis). Current 1134 deaths. Some death lost due to account Sync

#2. Wolfenstein: The New Order PS4

wolfenstein-new-order_logo.jpg

Aim Complete Campaign
Current: 6% complete.[/QUOTE]

F

Feb 07th

#3. Driveclub PS4

DZW7GUw.png

Still never quiet got into this.
Leaving me real cold.

#4. Dying Light: PS4
]
DyingLightLogo-630x350.jpg

This is game no5. This year I think.
Edit actually number 4
I'll have to total it up late and update my original post.

playmate bought it and played for the last 6 hours.. must be alright I guess.

Starting now.
Will play for as long as the coffee allows

Feb 14 (St. Valentines day)

Adding to the above.

Ran a Fighting game tournament today.
So I think that qualifies all these games.
Not technically completeable - so how you judge is up to you.

#5 Ultra Street Fighter IV Xbox 360

oewKZqc.jpg

I've been Playing SFIV since 09. This is in my "games played this year" list, every year.
Ultra is by far my least played. I like the addition of red focus. But the new characters are clunky.
And don't get me started on that bloody Jurassic stage.

Came 2nd in casual tourney.

#6 Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike Xbox 360

Street_Fighter_III_3rd_Strike_Fight_for_the_Future_Logo.png

K-K-K-Knock you out.
Got hit? Shoulda parried.

#7 Towerfall Ascension PS4
kjWjytl.png

The only game where you can parry arrows. Side game at the tourney.
3 player is a laugh, hopefully I can get the full four next time. Need more pads.

#8 Sportsfriends
PS4

hY9t5XF.png

Super Pole Riders.
Floppy

#9 Street Fighter X Tekken Xbox 360

v06OO1b.png

Even the logo is ugly.
Scramble mode, aka, 4 players onscreen at once.
"what the hell is going on"

Labadal

Here we go again. If people think that games I list shouldn't count, don't be afraid to tell me.

Game 1: Lumines Electronic Symphony - 10 Hours
PlayStation Vita

I got this for Vita via PlayStation + and I have really enjoyed it. It's my second favorite puzzle game after tetris. There might not be shapes to the four pice blocks, but they have different types of combinations of two colors and your job is to rid the playing field of falling blocks like in Tetris. The soundtrack is solid and the backgrounds vary from simple to psychedelic.

Game 2: Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers - 5 Hours
PC

It was decent. I can't really describe it. Two brothers argue about some pants with power. Through platforming and some other tools including a gun that can cut through stuff, a rocket that can be attached to stuff and a grappling hook to move objects, you will face your brother. There's also lots of platforming. You can collect stuff, but I mostly just cared about finding the music tracks. I didn't bother finding all the arcades that have different challenges. Music and graphics were good enough. Gameplay was decent.

Game 3: Psychonauts - 19 hours
XBLA

I liked the characters, story, environments and music. The platforming is decent but I had issues with the camera. It's better than anything Double Fine has released recently and while I wouldn't do anything for a sequel, I'd probably buy it if it happened.

Game 4: The Tniy Bang Story - 7 hours
PC

A relaxing puzzle game. The actual puzzles were not bad, but the whole hidden object part was boring. STEAM says 7 hours but I left the game running for 1,5-2 hours while doing other things. I also had to look up the solution to one puzzle because I had no idea what to do.

Game 5: X-COM UFO Defense - 40 hours
PC

I haven't played the older X-COM games so I had to rectify that. It starts out challenging but once you get efficient at mind controlling aliens, it gets easier. Flying suits were also very helpful. Ended up with 80 soldiers killed in action. I will play the other games in the series, but not right now. Going to complete some other games first.

Game 6: Valkyrie Profile: Lenneth - 26 Hours
PSP

One of the more unique rpgs and I love it for it. Its problem comes from how easily you can break the game if you know what you are doing, but I doubt you'll do that on your first run. The Japanese take on Norse mythology is funny but I enjoy it anyway. The combat is fun and I don't mind most dungeons, although some drives me crazy no matter how many times I play the game.

Game 7: The Wolf Among Us - 8 Hours
PC

I guess it was decent. It started out good, but I found the final episode to be the weakest. Writing was not bad and the graphical style was good. In general, it had good audio, I mean music and voice acting was good enough. What I felt like is that my choices would probably not have mattered that much. I liked it, but I'll probably forget everything about it in a couple of days.

Game 8: Ben There, Dan That! - 1,5 Hours
PC

Point & Click game that didn't really grab me but I finished it anyway, knowing it was a short game.

Game 9: Ducktales Remastered - ??? Hours
PS3, PSN

I loved this game as a kid but I don't remember ever beating it. I played this on easy because I'm not great at platformers but the game was as fun as I remembered. Unfortunately, the trophy for beating the game never popped up and I can't say that I know why. I also had to play the unpatched version because every time I tried to update the game, my PS3 would lock itself up and beep three times which scared the shit out of me.

Game 10: To the Moon - 4,5 Hours
PC

Decent story and a solid soundtrack. It wasn't anything mind blowing or anything like that, but I did enjoy it. I've seen this classified as an rpg but it's more of an adventure game in my opinion. Not that I think any less of it.

Game 11: Ys Origin - 22 Hours
PC

I beat it on Normal, playing as Yunica. The game is great with some platforming and dungeon crawling. The music is top tier, probably some of the best video game music around and graphics are good enough. What shone in this game are the boss fights. They were fun and challenging. Some of them weren't that hard, but as I said, I did play on Normal only. The final boss was a complete pushover but the whole introduction before it was great and made me excited to win. I might do runs with the other characters, but that will probably be in a long while. Too many other games to play.

Game 12: Hatoful Boyfriend - 1 Hour
PC

I'm calling this beaten for now but I will come back to it and try to get all the endings I can find. It's one of the weirdest "games" I have played. (I did another quick run fast forwarding a lot and got another ending.)

Game 13: Injustice: Gods Among Us - ??? Hours
PS4

I completed the story mode and have also been playing the game in local coop. I'm not very good at fighting games and the only reason I played it was to see some over the top action and some super heroes/villains have at it.

Game 14: Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money - 5 Hours
PC

I don't know if people count stuff like this or not but I felt that it was enough content to warrant a place on the list. I enjoyed the companions and Father Elijah's presence but I hated the whole collar and hologram idea. Could have been a great DLC for the game, but now I will give it a score of "Good intentions, flawed execution."

Game 15: The Swapper - 6,6 Hours
PC

I will start by admitting that I had to get help on some puzzles. I think the atmosphere of the game was very good and the puzzles were great. I scratched my head more than once. I didn't find all of the logs that give achievements. I only got 6 out of 10 and that was because of me searching with The Swapper wherever I could. The game is free on PS+ for PS4 and I really recommend people to try this out.

Game 16: Grand Theft Auto IV: Episodes From Liberty City - 10 Hours
PC

I had already beaten Ballad of Gay Tony last year, so I decided to finish The lost and Damned. It was fun doing the whole biker thing and bringing your crew along, but I think I prefer BoGT a little bit more because it was funnier.

Game 17: Ys: Memories of Celceta -30 Hours
PSV

I played the game on normal (although I did ceate a separate save file to take down the damn forest king). I don't think the game is as good as Origins, but I still had fun. There's a decent amount of skills and the characters aren't carbon copies of each other. The music is great and the graphics were decent. I didn't care much for the story but I did care for completing the map. I did that and got all memories. When it comes to search points, chests and the other stuff, I was at 90-98% done with most categories but I can't be bothered to go back for those trophies. Maybe if I ever do a NG+.

Game 18: Apotheon - 14 Hours
PS4

I finally beat it. Only missing the Olympian trophy.

It took me around 14-15 hours to find every item/chest, gain all the powers and do all side quests. I think I had 10 crashes during my sessions. That's a shame because other than that, I love the game.

Most things people complain about were things I liked. Combat was fun if a bit chaotic. Just defend and be cool, you'll be good and have enough endurance. I beat most bosses on my first try and when I died, it was my own fault.

People have said that Apotheon looks like a flash game. I would say that I love the style and it is what drew my attention to the game some years ago.

Audio was solid. Voice acting was good, the soundtrack sets up the mood and I liked the sound effects.

Despite some technical issues, Apotheon has been the best game I have played in 2015.

Game 19: Tengami - 1,5 Hours
PC

The game looks nice and the music is good. Way too short and simple. If it had been a challenge, the length wouldn't have mattered. I bit pricey but I guess it could be worth a shot at a deep discount whenever you feel for something relaxing.

Game 20: Wasteland 2 - 90 Hours
PC

I beat Wasteland 2 the other day. STEAM says 90 hours played but the run that I completed probably took 75 hours. I restarted once when I realized that the skill points and attributes I had distributed to my characters wouldn't work in the long run. I did that at after having played for five hours. I also idled for about 10 hours.

Overall, I thought the game was decent. I don't regret backing the game at all, even if there were things about the game that I didn't like. The combat is serviceable but mostly, it was about killing the enemies as fast as possible before they would charge you. That's basically every encounter in a nutshell. Different weapons were good in different situations, so that's a plus. The fact that you could split up your characters and attack the enemies from both sides was also good.

Attribute distribution felt like it didn't matter that much after you had created your characters. I just pumped one until I got more action points. Skill point distribution, I have no problem with. What bothered me about the skills was the fact that when you use one, it takes forever to tell me if I am going to succeed or not. I hated that. Just tell me directly if I failed or not. That padded the game length quite a bit, I think. When you realize you failed to open a lock with a 91% chance after ten seconds, that kind of pisses you off.

I liked the questing in Arizona more than the questing in Los Angeles, but I liked the writing more in the second part. Los Angeles just didn't feel as fun even if it was a bit more open ended. The progression in Arizona felt a bit more linear. The story in general and the writing were mid tier in my opinion. It can't compare to games like Fallout 1, 2 or New Vegas. It's better than Bethesda and BioWare writing, but that is probably not saying much. Comparison to a newer game would be Divinity: Original Sin. It has better writing than that, but gameplay is not up to par. I don't know how much choices and consequences matter and I honestly won't find out because I don't see myself replaying the game anytime soon.

The voice acting was cheesy but in a good way in my opinion. I liked it. The soundtrack is good, but it felt like there weren't many tracks. One annoying thing about the audio was the sounds enemies made. Wtf was that about?

I hope inXile got some good experience working on Wasteland 2 and that we see improvements for Torment.

Completed Games
Game 1 - Another World + 100% Trophies (PS4)
They don't make them like this anymore, and probably for good reason because nobody would ever complete them. This is basically the truest remaster ever, even going so far to include the original graphics and sound, which was pretty great. Beautiful new art though.

Game 2 - The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth (Golden God/All Challenges/Final Boss) (PS4)
I didn't list this is in my backlog because I had no idea what counted as completion, but I think what I've done is sufficient to count as completed, even though I am aiming for Real Platinum God. Easily my game of the year 2014 (I haven't played Bayonetta 2 or Smash Bros yet leave me alone) and I will still be playing throughout the year.

Game 3 - The Wolf Among Us (PS4)
So much better than Walking Dead 2. Almost ridiculously so. Some of the episode endings were clearly designed for the waits between episodes, but I still found them exciting playing them in immediate succession. Really hope to see some sort of follow-up, but I don't think Telltale can manage 5+ projects at once.

Game 4 - Rugrats: Search for Reptar (PS1)
Currently going for all my old PS1 and PS2 games and started with a game where my memories of it are so vivid I remembered every single level, every single mission and how much I fucking hate the circus level. Also, smashing the THQ offices as Reptar is probably the most predictive moment ever in all of games.

Game 5 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)
What a lovely game. The best Super Mario game on the Wii U by a considerable margin, which isn't hard when competing with NSMB, and a full upgrade from Super Mario 3D Land on the 3DS. Fantastic level design and beautiful art direction, although fuck the guy that designed Grumblump Inferno. Yes. You. Fuck you.

Game 6 - The Order: 1886 (PS4)
Pretty much an insult to Ready at Dawn was given a 4/10, especially for a polished and working game in this generation of broken and rushed-out games. It's not the best game and certainly won't be a contender to game of the year, but when it's good, it's really damn good. With more freedom in future games, RAD have a potentially very special IP on their hands. I'd love a bit more opportunity to pick your play style, as both the gunplay and the stealth work well, the stealth more so when the crossbow gets introduced. A non-regretted purchase.

Game 7 - Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PS4)
Beautiful game, from Ubisoft no less. Decent length for a smaller title, lovely art courtesy of the UbiArt engine, solid puzzle platformer gameplay to stop the game being a completely easy walking simulator and an interesting array of characters. Also good instances of changing up the gameplay with the taxi and medic sections. Special credit to the guy that came up with the idea to turn the taxi sections into a pseudo-rhythm game with classical music.

Game 8 - Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number (PS4)
Great follow up, but some levels do lack the frantic gameplay that Hotline Miami absolutely shines with. That said, there were a good amount of absolutely incredible levels, Scene 21 and 22 among my favorites. I think some of the attempts to make the game more varied instead hamper some gameplay opportunities, the Hawaii segments in particular slowing things down, but when it's on form, goddamn is it fantastic. Also, amazing soundtrack. Obviously.

Game 9 - Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4)
Best actual Resident Evil since Resident Evil 4, by far (I still love 5 and 6 though). There are genuinely tense moments and the story, while filled with classic RE cheese, has some really cool twists and cliffhangers.
I'm kinda bummed that I didn't get to experience the good ending while in the heat of the moment instead of watching it on YouTube afterwards, but it's still pretty fucking awesome anyway
. The selfish man in me wants Claire to show up again in RE7 too. Chris had simultaneous mainline appearances, so fuck it.

Game 10 - Borderlands 2 (PS4)
Surprised how much fun I had playing through the entire game again, although I did do it all locally with a friend. Also forgot most of the jokes, which was nice. Made the game that much more funny. Currently working through all of the downloadable content which I never got for the old versions. Honestly, I'd say the cost of The Handsome Collection is worth it just to play through this again, bonus marks if you never played the DLC which looks to be really substantial from what I played. Now onto Pre-Sequel!

Game 11 - Mortal Kombat X (PS4)
Pretty cool story mode. Nice to see some minor characters pop up now and again, and really fucking annoying to see working characters that you can have full battles with. Also fuck on-disc Goro, what a load of shit. Other than that, a good step-up from MK9. I enjoyed the new characters, especially that full-on new ones over the kids. The pseudo-adventure game Krypt is stupid and if they had enough time to program that then they probably had enough time to create fully working versions of the four DLC characters.

Game 12 - Bloodborne + Platinum Trophy (PS4)
What a game. What a fucking game. Easily the best game released this year, and easily the best PS4 exclusive game. This happened to be my introduction to the Souls franchise, and I downloaded my PS+ copy of Demon's Souls and bought Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition immediately after finishing the game. I'm gonna give it some time before I begin playing so I forget how I played Bloodborne. This is definitely the best platinum trophy I have at the moment too, because fuck the Defiled Watchdog and fuck the hour or so I spent fighting him.

Game 13 - Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin (PS4)
Game 14 - Bloodborne: The Old Hunters (PS4)
Game 15 - Life is Strange + Platinum (PS4)
Game 16 - Tales from the Borderlands + Platinum (PS4)
Game 17 - Game of Thrones + Platinum (PS4)
Game 18 - Rock Band 4 (PS4)
Game 19 - Guitar Hero Live (PS4)
Game 20 - Shovel Knight (PS4)
Game 21 - Batman: Arkham Knight (PS4)
Game 22 - Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Wii U)
Game 23 - Guitar Hero: Metallica (PS3)
Game 24 - Super Meat Boy (PS4)
Game 25 - The Jackbox Party Pack (PS4)
Game 26 - The Jackbox Party Pack 2 (PS4)
Game 27 - Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (PS3)
Game 28 - Dota 2 (PC - Reached the point where I knew what I was doing comfortably)
Game 28 - Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC - Reached the point where I knew what I was doing comfortably)

Kambing

Going to give this a shot this year! List incoming. Time played is for 2015 year if i know them.

Game 1: Dota 2 - 1 hour, PC
# Would not surprise me as being my most played game of 2015.

Game 2: Far Cry 4 - In progress, PS4
# Liking it so far. I loved FC3 and played that on PC. Playing FC4 on PS4 and i swear the aim feels way less sluggish than on PC(when i tried on my friends comp). Not as good as FC3 so far, but here is hoping it picks up.

Game 3: Bayonetta - In progress, WII U
# The gameplay is top notch but am having difficulty being drawn to play more. Currently on chapter 3 and feel like i just need to play this in 2-3 sittings.

Game 4: Zelda: Wind Waker - In progress, WII U
# Currently passed the second dungeon. This game is beautiful and awesome to play. Recently held off playing it until the guide came. Love playing this game with my daughter.

Game 5: Mario 3D World - In progress, WII U
# Another game i play with my daughter. To be honest i am enjoying the game so far, and its still really good, but SMG2 was my game of the last generation

Game 6: MCC - In Progress, X1

# Never played Halo 1, 2 and 4 so this is perfect. Currently on mission/chapter 4 in Halo 1... pretty dated IMHO, hard to pick up to play but am curious about the lore. Really excited to play Halo 4 though.

Game 7: Sunset Overdrive - In Progress, X1
# Played for a good 2 hours when this first came out and its been off and on. I love everything about the premise of the game, from the art to gameplay. Like Bayonetta i think i will commit to trying to finish the game in 2-3 sittings.

Game 8: Walking Dead Season 2 - In Progress, PS4
# I absolutely enjoyed my time with season 1, but played that on PC. Kind of bummed i bought it for PS4 as i just found out upon starting the game that your decisions from season 1 can transfer over to season 2.

Game 9: Dragon Age: Inquisition - In Progress, PS4
# Spent 1.5 hours in character creation. DAMN YOU.

Game 10: Driveclub - 30 minutes, PS4
# I find myself playing this in frequent 30 minute portions. HUDless, music off, and just me, the car and thunderstorm to play with.

Game 11: The Evil Within - 2 hours, PC
# I stopped playing because i was waiting for the patch and have yet to pick it back up. Had a great time with it however and i look forward to completing it.

KyleP29

Game 1: Assassin’s Creed Unity (25 Hours)(PS4) – 1/1/2015

Game 2: Super Mario 3D World (11 Hours)(Wii U) – 1/2/2015

Game 3: Mario Kart 8 (18 Hours)(Wii U) – 1/8/2015

Game 4: Trivia Crack (~8 Hours)(iOS) – 1/15/2015

Game 5: Dragon Age: Inquisition (50 Hours)(PS4) – 1/22/2015

Game 6: Bayonetta (9 Hours)(Wii U) – 1/28/2015

Game 7: Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (11 Hours)(Wii U) – 2/7/2015

Game 8: Bayonetta 2 (8 Hours)(Wii U) – 2/11/2015

Game 9: Grim Fandango Remastered (9 Hours)(PS4) – 2/16/2015

Game 10: The Order: 1886 (9 Hours)(PS4) – 2/25/2015

Game 11: Valiant Hearts: The Great War (6 Hours)(PS4) – 3/10/2015

Game 12: Ori and the Blind Forest (13 Hours)(XBox One) – 3/14/2015

Game 13: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (5 Hours)(Wii U) – 3/25/2015

Game 14: Ryse: Son of Rome (6 Hours)(XBox One) – 4/1/2015

Game 15: Forza Horizon 2 Presents Fast & Furious (3 Hours)(XBox One) – 4/2/2015

Game 16: DriveClub (19 Hours)(PS4) – 4/12/2015

Game 17: Mortal Kombat X (9 Hours)(XBox One) – 4/20/2015

Game 18: This War of Mine (11 Hours)(PC) – 4/23/2015

Game 19: Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China (9 Hours)(PS4) – 5/7/2015

Game 20: Mario Party 10 (8 Hours)(Wii U) – 5/9/2015

Game 21: Race the Sun (4 Hours)(PS4) – 5/11/2015

Game 22: Battlefield Hardline (6 Hours)(XBox One) – 5/17/2015

Game 23: Bloodborne (26 Hours)(PS4) – 5/23/2015

Game 24: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (87 Hours)(PS4) – 6/5/2015

Game 25: Never Alone (4 Hours)(PS4) – 6/5/2015

Game 26: Ether One (9 Hours)(PS4) – 6/12/2015

Game 27: Hohokum (4 Hours)(PS4) – 6/14/2015

Game 28: Sid Meier's Civilization V (30 Hours)(PC) – 6/25/2015

Game 29: Batman: Akrham Knight (24 Hours)(PS4) – 6/28/2015

Game 30: Splatoon (5 Hours)(Wii U) – 7/4/2015

Game 31: Gone Home (2 Hours)(PC) – 7/4/2015

Game 32: Game Dev Tycoon (9 Hours)(PC) – 7/10/2015

Game 33: Lifeline (2 Hours)(iOS) – 7/18/2015

Game 34: EA SPORTS Rory McIlRoy PGA TOUR (30 Hours)(XBox One) – 7/24/2015

Game 35: Journey (5 Hours)(PS4) – 7/26/2015

Game 36: Her Story (3 Hours)(PC) – 7/26/2015

Game 37: N++ (21 Hours)(PS4) – 8/2/2015

Game 38: Halo 3: ODST (5 Hours)(XBox One) – 8/8/2015

Game 39: Everybody's Gone to the Rapture (8 Hours)(PS4) – 8/15/2015

Game 40: Rocket League (24 Hours)(PS4) – 8/20/2015

Game 41: Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (8 Hours)(XBox One) – 8/29/2015

Game 42: Until Dawn (13 Hours)(PS4) – 8/31/2015

Game 43: Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (34 Hours)(PS4) – 9/12/2015

Game 44: Madden NFL 16 (40 Hours)(XBox One) – 9/14/2015

Game 45: Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (5 Hours)(PS4) – 9/26/2015

Game 46: Forza Motorsport 6 (28 Hours)(XBox One) – 10/11/2015

Game 47: Tales from the Borderlands (11 Hours)(PS4) – 10/30/2015

Game 48: Halo 5: Guardians (14 Hours)(XBox One) – 11/6/2015

Game 49: Star Wars: Battlefront (12 Hours)(PS4) – 11/21/2015

Game 50: Life is Strange (13 Hours)(PS4) – 11/22/2015

Game 51: Destiny (1095 Hours)(XBox One) – 12/8/2015

Game 52: Fallout 4 (65 Hours)(PS4) – 12/13/2015

Game 1 &#8211; Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PC) (Started in 2013)
There&#8217;s a ton of technical and design issues. Those aside I thought it was alright.

I'll try this in 2015. I will probably fall hilariously short, but it's worth a shot, and it'll be fun to keep a list of what games I play this year.

Edit:

Game 1: Hexcells - 2 hours
Fun variation on the Minesweeper concept.

Game 2: Hexcells Plus - 11 hours
Better variation on the original game, with better puzzles.

Game 3: Hexcells Infinite - 10 hours
Even after a lot of practice in the previous two games, there's still some nice puzzles here that bring enough new things to the table to keep it interesting. The random puzzles aren't as good as the designed ones (obviously), but I may still come back from time to time to do one when I get bored.

Game 4: Rogue Legacy - 32 hours
Looks like I ran out of Hexcells games to put in the bank! Anyway, I was a bit frustrated when I first started playing Rogue Legacy, but then I realized it's okay to die a lot. Getting a good run with a lot of gold gives a great sense of accomplishment, and I love the leveling up idea, even if the levels go up way more than you'd need in order to beat the game. The RNG here with the offspring is fun, and I thought it was a very well designed game for using so much RNG in the level layout.

Game 5: Shovel Knight - 8 hours
It plays like a long lost SNES game. I love the music, and the checkpoint system makes the difficulty bearable. It's a lot of fun to do the down attack with the shovel, and defeating bosses feels wonderful. I wish I was a little better at the game because it's so much fun to play when you're not dying so much. (Total death count: 232)

Reserving a post.

My YouTube channel is taking up tons of spare time, but I'd like to try too, my resolution was to clean up my backlog anyways :p

My list so far:
Dark Souls
Metal Gear Solid 4
3D dot game heroes
Fallout 3 GOTY edition
Stranglehold
Infamous 2
Mercenaries 2 (ugh... I've played the PS2 version and although I know the sequel is shit, I must play them because I liked the first one SOOOO MUCH!)
Retro City Rampage
Mirror's Edge
Valkyria Chronicles 3
Metro: Last Light
Dragon's Dogma

Those are just the games I'll be playing on PS3, not including my retro backlog on NES/SNES/Genesis/GB/GBA/PS1/PS2/Wii/Atari 2600 & 7800... etc... Sorry, I'm primarily a retro-gamer, I don't have a current gen console and don't plan on getting one until the reviews tell me if No Man's Sky was worth the wait and hype... or if GTA VI is announced.

Dumb question: do arcade titles count? I don't like to rush through games, so if I need to make up for lost time my plan is to take out a few arcade beat em ups and run & gun games.

GAMES COMPLETED:

Game 1: Sonic the Hedgehog - 5 hours (estimated)
I played this on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (PS3). I'll probably be finishing a lot of games on this collection since I've got renewed interest in Genesis games thanks to the Genesis/Mega Drive Collected Works book.

Ever since I started retrogaming, I've tried beating the original Soinc off and on for years. Sonic just hasn't appealed to me. I decided to beat it out of a sense of duty more than anything else. I didn't really have much fun throughout most of my play through because it feels like you're only in control of Sonic 50% of the time and the game is just shuttling you around the level for the other 50%. Sonic's control is also really strange and numb. I still don't get it. I wouldn't even say "it hasn't aged well" because I'm the patient type so I usually don't hold a game back based on the age of its mechanics. I really think that had I played it when it was new I still wouldn't have liked it. I'm debating whether to play Sonic 2 and 3 or just stop with Sonic here.

Game 2: Congo Bongo - 17 minutes to beat it, spent an hour trying to get a better score
True fact: one of my first memories in life was sitting on my dad's knee while he played a port of this game on Commodore 64. My dad always hated when I played video games so it's an odd memory that has always stood out to me. Again, this one was played on Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection, it's a port of the arcade original, an unlockable extra. I don't remember too much about the Commodore version but I certainly remember it being easier than this arcade version. I read in Retrogamer that the Commodre 64 version was one of the bad ports for this game, it cut our some of the stages. This game is hard as hell! Of course it is because it was a quarter muncher. But even after beating the game, it restarts and it's even harder! I can't get anywhere after that! It's also in that shitty isometric perspective, which causes the most headaches control-wise and you will get cheap deaths by enemies or objects that aren't in your character's plane of existence, which sucks.

The story is cool, a gorilla burns a safari-guy's tent while he's asleep, so in retaliation, the safari-guy chases down the gorilla through several stages and finally sets his balls on fire. Seriously, I know it's 8-bit graphics, but I could swear he gets that flame and applies it straight to his crotch. I had never been able to get to that point to see the last animation so that was a satisfying moment, it's probably one of the first arcade titles to have an "ending" and an end screen. It says: "CONGRATULATIONS !! GOOD !!" There's some other cool stuff that I noticed too. I didn't know that in the first stage if all three monkeys grab onto you, they'll throw your ass off the waterfall. I was laughing my head off when I saw that! I didn't expect it! Overall, okay game. I'll forgive its faults because even though the challenge is usually unfair, it's very satisfying to get to the next stage.

Top score: 22,970

Game 3: Manos: The Hands of Fate (iOS) - 41 minutes 30 seconds according to the game but I know I've sunk in at least 2-3 hours playing the game on and off
This was a really fun game! I love the subject matter and how they pay tribute to Z movies and NES games. I had to play this because I like the cult movie it's based on, which was made in my home town of El Paso! The retro aesthetics are just icing on the cake.

Unfortunately though, the controls are simple but horrible. This game is my "Exhibit A" to show that touch controls suck ass. And the game doesn't work with iCade or ipega controller devices. Still, I don't regret playing this game. When it wasn't frustrating, it was damn fun. I'm missing one of the crystal hands, so I might replay to get all and see how it changes the ending or whatever.

Sounds like a good time! I tend to like long RPGs and short indie games, so that should match up pretty well.

Finished

1 - Skyrim - PC - 31 hours (some in '14, some in '15)
Finished the main quest and the mage's college quest line. This is a game I started in 2013 and had been playing off and on. In December of 2014, I started a new character with the goal of doing the mage's college and the main quest. It was the first Elder Scrolls game I put serious time in (I did play 50 hours of Fallout 3) and is probably one of my favourite games of all time. It was the perfect storm as I love Vikings, snowy mountains and (seemingly) limitless exploration. I have 71 hours in total split between the two characters and I think that's enough for now. I may pick it up again in the future to round up some more Steam achievements, but for now I'm good. I really enjoyed a lot of the mage's college stuff and I thought the main quest was really well done. Other fun things I managed to do while wandering around include the Barbas questline, Fus Ro Dah-ing goats off the mountain and hunting for Crimson Nimroot in Blackreach (yeah not a great quest, but Blackreach was an amazing place to explore!). I am also happy to not hear "I hear they're reforming the Dawnguard..." anymore in 2014.

2 - Never Alone - PC - 3 hours.
A very brief but beautiful game. The art was better than I was expecting. Sure it's a bit janky, but nothing really frustrated me as the game itself isn't very challenging. I also played it after the released a few patches, so that might have something to do with it. I won't spoil anything, but I liked the first half more than the second half. I thought the unlockable videos explaining the culture behind the story was a great touch. I think museums should explore the possibilities of using games to interact with kids in a meaningful way.

3 - Batman Arkham City - PC - 25 hours
Completed the story 100% and 62% on the side missions. 53% overall, I think. I went into this game expecting quite a lot but I was a bit disappointed. Arkham Asylum blew me away when I first played it a few years ago and I think I was just expecting City to be better in every respect. It's by no means a bad game, but I definitely preferred Asylum. I think it comes down to the fact that a lot of the set pieces seemed very much the same as the previous game and the open city didn't really do it for me. I also liked the atmosphere of Asylum more, it was pretty creepy. My other issue with City was the Cat Woman parts seemed too short. I think the character switching should have been there from the start and maybe had her integrate with the story a little more. So yeah, it's still a really good game, just pales in comparison to the first one in my opinion.

4 - Electronic Super Joy - Groove City - PC - 1 hour
I think I picked this up because I had a coupon which made it practically free. I really enjoyed the first game and spent the time to get all the achievements and this was more of the same. The game is a precision platformer with a rave-influenced techno theme. It only took an hour to get all 8 achievements, but it was an enjoyable hour!

5 - Earthbound - Wii Virtual Console - 15 hours
I'll say it outright - I didn't finish Earthbound. I got to the desert and just wasn't really having any fun so I decided to end my play through. There's a slim chance I'll return to it some day, but from what I've read, either you get it or you don't. Music in games is big for me, and I really didn't care for the soundtrack. The other thing that I found super annoying was having your equipped items take up space in your inventory. I can live with a limited inventory a la Grandia, but stuff like equipped weapons and gear shouldn't take up space!

6 - Hotline Miami 2 - PC - 15 hours
Played through this the first weekend it was out and I loved every minute. I was a bit LTTP for the first game, so it was pretty cool playing through HM2 when everyone was at max hype. The soundtrack is once again amazing and no other game I've played offers the same kind of twitch-based insanity. I really dig the atmosphere / hazy story telling of these games. It wasn't until I read through the GAF thread discussing the story that a lot of it came together for me which kind of made me like it even more. :D I won't be sad if they ever make a HM3, but I feel two amazing games is enough.

7 - Transistor - PC - 14 hours
This is a game I didn't get into until I had finished it once. My first run I was thinking it was about a 6/10 type game. I didn't really understand the battle system or how to combine attacks in any meaningful way. When I finished the first time, I immediately restarted and the game took hold of me. Everything clicked and I had an amazing time for my second run. The way the game integrates its mechanics with its story and music is truly a thing of beauty. I also love that so much is left up to interpretation. Definitely one of my all-time favourite games.

8 - The Witcher 2 - PC - 47 hours
This one was a slow burn. I wasn't really into it after the first 7 hours or so, but when I finished the Prologue and the world opened up a bit, I was pulled in. I chose to side with
Iorveth. I'm glad I did because playing through Vergen was my favourite part by far.
I did find the third chapter to be a bit weak, but by that time I was ready to finish up anyway. I started out playing with the controller, but not being able to choose specific loot in enemy drops made me switch to keyboard and mouse. I had to replay the training tutorial, but it wasn't a difficult switch. I maxed out the magic and sword trees, so in the end I was pretty OP. I took a ton of Steam screenshots as the game is really beautiful!

9 - Mega Man 5 - PS2 (Anniversary Collection) - 6 hours
After finishing the Witcher 2, I wasn't ready for another huge adventure. I've been going through the Mega Man games in order (except 1 because I still can't beat it!) over the past few years. Overall, this is probably the easiest Mega Man I've played. I had 9 E-tanks after going through just the first 8 robot masters so the rest of the game was pretty easy. I liked it enough, probably on-par with 4.

10 - Max Payne - PS2 - 11 hours
Was having a really good time with this game until the shittyness of the PS2 port reared its ugly head in Chapter 7 of Part III. I really dug the shooting mechanics and the difficulty was just right. I didn't actually beat the game as I spent an hour trying to get past the elevator section in Chapter 7. In the end, I just said 'fuck it' and watched the last two chapters on youtube. The problem is you have to clear 7 infrared trip mines above a rising elevator. I found the terrible framerate of the port never allowed me to be precise enough. I was able to clear all the mines once in about an hour, but then died on the next floor. A real shame as the rest of the game was great.

11 - Beyond Good and Evil - PS2 - 10 hours
Really enjoyed this one. I played it on my PS2 but I think I should have gone PCSX2 as the framerate was a bit hard to bear at times. Full of charm and I can see why so many people love it and are clamouring for a sequel. It was one of those rare times when I felt compelled to do a lot of the side stuff like finish the races and try to track down all the hidden things I missed. This game is everything I used to love about the PS2 era - weird soundtrack, weird visuals, and fun exploration. I also really enjoyed the cast of characters and the story. So yeah, count me among the crowd demanding either a reboot/remake or a sequel using the current open world tech.

12 - Max Payne 2 - PS2 - 8 hours
I figured why not play both? I don't know if I liked this one more than the first, but it definitely had some amazing set pieces. Bonus: I was able to finish it even with the terrible framerate haha. I felt like it lost some of the charm of the first game and I missed the goofy faces in the noir comics. The ability to save anywhere really helped in certain places, although I tried not to 'save-scum' and just save at the beginning of each level. Happy to have finally played these two classics!

13 - Deus Ex - PC - 35 hours
Wow, finally got around to this classic! I started off trying to play it non-lethal, and in the end I just stuck with melee but opted for the sword you get in Hong Kong. I will eventually go through it all again, probably with the new graphics mod that was released after I finished it. I spent 35 hours with it and feel like I just scratched the surface. I think my favourite areas were Hong Kong and France even though the France bit was kind of short. I think I just liked the neon against the night sky. So yeah! Now I'm one of those who just may reinstall the game when ever someone mentions it. :)

14 - Soma - PC - 11 hours
As a huge fan of Frictional Games and Amnesia, I've been eagerly awaiting for this for a few years now. I think it delivered although I don't think I liked it more than Amnesia. It was an interesting idea to voice the main character and he said a few dumb things along the way, but the companion character was top notch. I loved everything about the setting and the story and think it was a masterwork in interactive story telling. There were a few parts that made me suuuuper frustrated which is maybe why it didn't quite top Amnesia for me. All in all, it was definitely worth full price and playing it to kick off October was a really fun experience.

15 - Silent Hill - PS1 - 8 hours
Another classic in my backlog. I knew this was a beloved game going in, but I think I liked it even more than I thought I would. I explored every inch of the map and just got swept away in the atmosphere. I finished with one of the bad endings of course, but I wasn't too worried about it. Each location; the school, the hospital and the weird end place were all amazing. I was afraid this game would be really stingy with ammo but I think it was balanced pretty well. I never had a ton, but I also never really found myself running out constantly. Everything was great difficulty-wise until one of the last boss fights. :\ I can't wait to play Silent Hill 2 next year!

It's pretty clear I won't finish 52 games, but playing through the ones I did and documenting it all has been a real fun experience.

Currently Playing

• Final Fantasy XII

Bii

I'll participate as well. I'm doubtful that I'll hit 52 games completed by year's end since I only finished 18 last year.

Maxim726X

I'm going for it.

My backlog is nothing short of legendary at this point, and I've got some time off to finish some of these games... Time to get to work.

I'll start with Shovel Knight. Only a few hours in, but it looks like I'm up to the final area (unless there's an inverted castle or something...)

Visualift

Really wanted to do this... but these are the only games I will be playing this year...

1. Watchdogs
2. Assassins Creed Unity
3. Driveclub
4. Secret Ponchos
5. The Crew
6. Mario Party 8
7. Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze
8. The Division
9. Uncharted 4
11. The Order: 1886
12. Far Cry 4
13. Star Wars Battlefront