• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

52 games. 1 Year. 2015.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wicko

I really slacked off last year, only 29 games completed (compared to 43 exactly for the 3 previous years). Let's see if I can do better.

Completed:
Game 1: Far Cry 4 - 25:52
# Hardly improved at all.
Game 2: Shadow Warrior (2013) - 11:28
# Fun but drags on.
Game 3: Defense Grid 2 - 25:00 (est)
# Improved but not without flaws.
Game 4: Peggle 2 - 20:00 (est)
# Fun and frustrating, but mostly frustrating.
Game 5: Evil Within - 14:34
# Uneven but love those arena fights.
Game 6: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire - 14:01
# Same old, needs higher difficulty.
Game 7: Plants Vs Zombies: Garden Warfare - 27:25
# Unexpectedly very fun in classic modes.
Game 8: Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor - 24:12
# Batman formula but Nemesis System is great.
Game 9: The Last Of Us Remastered + Left Behind - 13:26 + 1:40
# Still as solid as it was on PS3.
Game 10: Hotline Miami 2 - 4:30
# Fun and frustrating, but mostly fun.
Game 11: Transistor - 6:00 (est)
# Really cool ability system, but I wish it was just turn-based.
Game 12: Metro 2033 Redux - 10:00 (est)
# Just as good as I remembered, this is my ideal linear shooter.
Game 13: Dying Light - 19:39
# Would have been better without a story.
Game 14: Terraria - 50:00 (est)
# Buggy, bosses that break rules and boredom sums it up.
Game 15: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 - 8:22
# Capcom doesn't know what made the first campaign good.
Game 16: Remember Me - 9:00 (est)
# A polished project with an interesting world, but undermined by it's gameplay.
Game 17: White Knight Chronicles - 23:11
# Wish the game was entirely MP, but being a giant Knight is pretty cool.
Game 18: Call of Duty: Black Ops II - 7:00 (est)
# Random Shit Happening The Game. I'll give them props for trying something new, though.
Game 19: Medal of Honor: Warfighter - 5:00 (est)
# Handful of cool moments, but overall pretty lackluster. CG models are nightmarish.
Game 20: Dragon Age: Inquisition - 72:22
# Pretty world, interesting story, but a lot of time wasted doing mundane tasks.
Game 21: Lords of the Fallen - 11:54
# Entertaining, but major design flaws sour the experience. Would try a sequel.
Game 22: Batman: Arkham Origins - 12:10
# Another Batman game, but lacking polish. Story was enjoyable, though.
Game 23: Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World - 31:35
# Average story, awful game balance. Got stuck on one of the last bosses, and gave up. Wouldn't recommend.
Game 24: Metal Gear Solid 3 HD - 12:23
# HD version looks much better. Weakest MGS gameplay but still a lot of fun.
Game 25: Bloodborne - 48:58
# Weakest "Souls" game, improves some things and dilutes others. I need a break from these games.
Game 26: Enslaved: Odyssey to the West - 9:00 (est)
# Neat but flawed story, but soured by the subpar gameplay
Game 27: Killer Is Dead - 6:25
# Non-sensical game with creeper simulator missions, but the gameplay was pretty fun overall.
Game 28: Path of Exile - 11:00- (est)
# Not the first time I've played, and probably won't be the last. Fun game to come back to once in a while.
Game 29: Nom Nom Galaxy - 15:00 (est)
# Fun concept, although not particularly balanced for 4 players. Also, buggy as hell, I guess they're letting early access titles release on PSN these days.
Game 30: Borderlands - 20:00 (est)
# Very little has changed from Borderlands 2, so bad jokes, dull combat, boring loot and lackluster character abilities.
Game 31: The Order: 1886 - 7:00 (est)
# A bit of a stretch for the original asking price, but I thoroughly enjoyed it. Well-crafted worlds, excellent story and characters, pretty unique concept. I hope to see a sequel.
Game 32: Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - 57:33
# Goofy story and time restrictions, but enjoyable combat. Better combat than the first two. Environment art is god awful though. Embarrassingly so. Like, holy shit.
Game 33: Infamous: Second Son -
# Cool and unique super powers, but so many little annoyances kept me from enjoying the game fully. Not sure I'd revisit the series at this point.
Game 34: Diablo 3 - 11:00 (est)
# Completed Season 4 for a sweet Hots mount. Demon Hunter was a bad choice though. Still, a fun game for the most part.
Game 35: Final Fantasy 3 (PSP) - 26:12
# Game has many flaws, and probably the weakest job based system in the series, but overall I enjoyed it.
Game 36: Final Fantasy 5 (GBA) - 32:06
# Much better job system than 3, was fun abusing the system. Can't imagine replaying like 6, 7 and 8 though.
Game 37: Metal Gear Solid V (PS4) -
# Sad that this will be the last worthwhile Metal Gear, but what a way to go out. Best game I've played in a long time.
Game 38: Fallout 3 (PC) - 15:00
# Wanted one last playthrough before F4, but I ruined it. I'm too over-powered for everything and combat is trivial now. Still a great game though.
Game 39: Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void (PC) - 12:00
# I liked it, but not big on the whole radial damage to make things hard approach they take with later missions.
Game 40: Fallout: Shelter - 46:09
# Fun game, but end-game (collecting legendary gear) is mostly blocked by a pay wall, so I stopped playing.
Game 41: Magic the Gathering Puzzle Quest -
# A bit rough but I had a lot of fun. Looking forward to seeing what they'll add over time. Finished all the "campaign" battles.
Game 42: Heroes of the Storm - 1453 games played
# Can be fun, can be frustrating, but at least matches aren't 60 minutes of farming. Gets to the meat of MOBA, which is teamfights, quickly.
Game 43: Final Fantasy 7 (PS4) - 50:06
# Still enjoyable to this day, also x3 speed is a godsend.
Game 44: Flow Free - 2241 puzzles solved
# Very repetitive, surprised I finished that many puzzles - great toilet game I guess. Got a new phone and couldn't transfer save, so I won't be finishing them all.
Game 45: Doom 3 - 8:00
# Weakest Doom, first time finishing. Kind of a slog to be honest, but some really cool tech even by today's standards.

ta155

Spent time today in between the football finishing off my first batch of PSN January Sale purchases.

Castle of Illusion: hard as nails platforming, questionable input lag and slippery jumping but overall I enjoyed it. Looked nice, varied levels, I'm a sucker for Disney. Worth the £3.

inFamous: Festival of Blood: having skipped inFamous 2 I can see just from this why some felt let down by Second Son. New Marais - even in this more condensed form - is a far more interesting location, traversal is great, combat seems more fluid to me. Still looks decent, too. Really good Halloween special, up there with Undead Nightmare.

Murasaki Baby: looks incredible, like a Tim Burton film come to life. Use of all the Vita functionality is admirable but too often frustrating, certainly not up to the standard of something like Tearaway. Enjoyed looking at it but playing it was little more than a novelty that eventually wore off.

Looking forward to the next batch of deals on Wednesday, hoping Child of Light turns up. inFamous First Light, Ducktales and The Swapper will all be played from the Plus line-up.

Also got Inquisition to get back into and am having fun with Driveclub and PES. Might finally crack open my copy of Destiny, too. Plenty for me to play already this year!

GulAtiCa

I'm in. Claiming this post.

Along with new games coming out this year, will need to look at my massive backlog and see what I'd like to tackle.

Ganzor

failed last year! will give it another GO ^^

Game 1: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 20h
# I loved this game. Some very fun puzzles and some of the later ones are hard if you want to collect everything. Beat the main game but there is still some unlocks left.

Game 2: Flower PS4 - 2 hours
# Very beautiful game amazing graphics and music

Game 3: Jazzpunk - .3 hours
# I'm not quiet sure what i just played xD

Game 4 Dying Light - 21 hours
# Beat the game with 2 frieds in coop. Very fun game but could do with more weapons and maby randomnized stats like in Borderlands.

Game 5 CS:GO 30 hours
# Played the old CS games alot and this game so far is alot better then CS:S.

Game 6 The Unfinished Swan 2.5 hours
# Interresting and very butiful game, its pretty easy though. Still need to find all the ballons.

Game 7 Ether One 8 hours
# Game has a faily interresting story and some hard puzzles but the game have alot of errors on the PS4.

Game 8 Splatoon 37 hours
# Very fun game, can't wait till they add more maps and game modes to the multiplayer. The single player is also pretty good.

Phatcorns

I would really like to give this a go. Let's do it.

Running list:
1. Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D (Completed all Kong letters)
2. The Last Story (Started)
3. Final Fantasy V (GBA) (Started)
4. Final Fantasy XIII-2 (Completed Story)
5. Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call (Completed to credits)
6. Final Fantasy IX (Replaying this because it's still aesthetically one of my favorite games ever)
7. Skies of Arcadia (GC) (Started)
8. Star Wars Republic Commando (Played through first two chapters. Got a little repetitive and uninteresting, will not finish)
9. Lightning Returns (Completed Story)
10. Bravely Default (Completed Story)
11. Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (Started)
12. Persona 4 Golden
13. Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System
14. Golden Sun

Update #1:
Attempting to finish up Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D. Actually originally finished it on Wii, but didn't get all the puzzle and Kong pieces. Totally fell in love with this game again though after going for them. Just a world or two left to go.

Update #2:
Finished every level in Donkey Kong Country Returns. Didn't get quite all of the puzzle pieces though. Got most though. And jesus this very last fruit level was hard. Got through it though!
I have resumed a 2-hour-in first time playthrough of The Last Story. Not entirely digging or even understanding the combat, but man I love this world. I do hate how much the Wii struggles and the low resolution is beyond disappointing.

Update #3:
Started back up on my FFV save for GBA. I'm determined to actually play through this all the way. FFVI is like my favorite game ever, but I played it as a kid. This game hasn't hooked me in the same way, but I imagine because I'm not playing it at the time it was as amazing. Features my one of my favorite video game tracks ever though: Battle on the Big Bridge.

Update #4:
Got super into FFXIII-2 and I loved it. I think I have a higher tolerance for stories that make no sense though, because I love Kingdom Hearts. The game was a massive improvement over the first game gameplay-wise; the amount of freedom was nice, but it was also structured enough that I didn't get too lost.

I liked the way the story resolved knowing I immediately could jump into Lightning Returns. I would have been pretty disappointed/angry otherwise.

Update #5:
About 20 hours in to Lightning Returns and I LOVE this game. Wow, I think a lot of people missed out.

Update #6:
Finished Lightning Returns. I loved this game. They really nailed a specific feel, and while it isn't my favorite ever, it is very consistent and solid. I also think this is the one of the first battle systems I've felt like I really had a grasp on. Haha, although that being said, I didn't understand the stagger system until the final boss. Maybe the game is just easier than a lot of other FF games.

Also finally finished up Bravely Default. This may not count because I started it last year, but I finally put together the Phoenix Flight, Minus Strike, Stillness team together and destroyed the final boss. Bring on the sequel.

BreakyBoy

o_O @_@ O_o
Ongoing status:

Completed
Game 1 - Assassin's Creed II (PC) - 28 hours
Game 2 - Super Dodge Ball (NES/Wii U VC) - 2 hours
Game 3 - Super Mario 3D World (Wii U) - 32 hours
Game 4 - Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker (Wii U) - 11 hours
Game 5 - New Super Luigi U (Wii U) - 5 hours
Game 6 - Lego City Undercover (Wii U) - 14 hours
Game 7 - Mario Golf (GBC/3DS VC) - 8 hours

In Progress
  • Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - I'm playing on the new 3DS now, and it's fun and all, but I'm getting cramps in my right hand with all the constant pressing of the roll/run/jump face buttons. Between this and MH4U, I gave in and ordered a grip on eBay to hopefully alleviate the problem.
  • Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - See DKCR3D above. Same issue. I'm not the biggest Monster Hunter fan, but it finally got it's hooks in me with 3U on the Wii U. I'm a bit disappointed that I can't play this on a console anymore, but I'll get over it. As soon as I can play without my hand cramping up, anyway.
  • Kid Icarus Uprising - Up to Mission 9. Doing as many challenges as I can on the way. I'm thinking that I'll stop doing that and worry about it if I still want to do it once I beat it. I like it so far, but I also haven't touched it in a few weeks.
  • Super Smash Bros. for Wii U - Unlocked all the major things, but still going through a lot of the single player content. This is worlds better than Brawl overall. I really love the feeling/pace of matches, and it's been the go to game when I've gotten together with friends.
  • Mario Kart 8 - Going through the DLC. I just need three stars on one of the cups in Mirror. Time trial ghosts done. Fantastic value for the price. This is the backup game with friends when we've had enough Smash Bros.
  • Star Wars: Dark Forces - Now that I finished AC2, I used a randomizer to pick out another game from my endless Steam backlog, and ended up on this. Spent a few evenings on it so far. I remember playing this when I was younger, but going through it now, I'm pretty sure I never got past the fourth mission. A really interesting variation on the DOOM design for the time. I'm enjoying it more than I thought I would. I have to at least be halfway through at this point.

StingX2

u3pBGS0.png

Game #2 Pocky & Rocky (SNES)
(Started December 15th 2014 / Finished January 1st 2015)

This was not a good game. I wouldn't have even finished it if the game wasn't so kind about continues. Really annoying patterns and plays like a coin guzzler arcade game which I later read it was.

OG post

jnWake

I don't think I'll reach 52 games in a year. It sounds like too much and I want to have other hobbies! But, on the other hand, writing logs is fun, so I'll see how I fare this year!

Finished

Game #1. Mega Man Battle Network (GBA VC)
- Time played: 15:00 in 2014, 08:04 in 2015. Total playtime: 23:04 hours.
- Impressions: Here.

Game #2. Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland (GBA VC)
- Time played: 09:28 hours.

Game #3. Mega Man 5 (NES VC)
- Time played: 04:31 hours.

Game #4. Mega Man 6 (NES VC)
- Time played: 03:47 hours.

Game #5. Demon's Crest (SNES VC)
- Time played: 09:07 hours.

Game #6. Mega Man 7 (SNES VC)
- Time played: 04:39 hours.

Game #7. Golden Sun (GBA VC)
- Time played: 25:06 hours.

Game #8. Mega Man X2 (SNES VC)
- Time played: 03:42 hours.

Game #9. The Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES VC)
- Time played: 07:42 hours.

Game #10. Mega Man X3 (SNES VC)
- Time played: 04:19 hours.

Game #11. Super Metroid (SNES VC)
- Time played: 14:21 hours.

Game #12. Captain Toad Treasure Tracker (Wii U)
- Time played: 17:48 hours.

Game #13. Rayman Legends (Wii U)
- Time played: 34:40 hours.

Game #14. Fire Emblem 7 (GBA VC)
- Time played: 87:33 hours.

Game #15. Mega Man Zero (GBA VC)
- Time played: 14:29 hours.

Game #16. Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga (GBA VC)
- Time played: 22:21 hours.

Game #17. Donkey Kong Country (SNES VC)
- Time played: 05:18 hours.

Game #18. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES VC)
- Time played: 08:05 hours.

Game #19. Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES VC)
- Time played: 08:25 hours.

Game #20. Kirby Super Star (SNES VC)
- Time played: 10:00 hours.

Game #21. Super Mario 64 (N64 VC)
- Time played: 14:56 hours.

Game #22. Metroid Prime (Wii)
- Time played: 21:33 hours.

Game #23. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (GBA VC)
- Time played: 65:33 hours.

Game #24. Box Boy! (3DS)
- Time played: 24:48 hours.

Game #25. Mario Kart 8 (Wii U)
- Time played: 95:15 in 2014, 16:08 in 2015. Total playtime: 111:32 hours.
- Impressions: Here (2nd part of post).

Game #26. Splatoon (Wii U)
- Time played: 103:34 hours.

Game #27. Pokémon Shuffle (iOS)
- Time played: ~5 hours.

Game #28. Hearthstone (PC)
- Time played: ~10 hours.
- Impressions: Here (3rd part of post).

Game #29. Chrono Trigger (DS)
- Time played: 50:12 hours.

Game #30. Arcane Tower (iOS)
- Time played: ~10 hours.

Game #31. Super Mario Maker (Wii U)
- Time played: 64:18 hours.
- Impressions: Here (3rd part of post).

Game #32. Pokémon X (3DS)
- Time played: 160:50 hours.

Currently Playing

1. Super Smash Bros. (Wii U) - Objective is to clear all the Challenges. Probably going to do it in 2016.
2. Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS) - Objective is to clear all the Challenges. Probably going to finish it in 2016.
3. Advance Wars (GBA VC) - Objective is to clear Advance Mode. Currently on the last mission.
4. Pokémon Picross (3DS) - Fun little distraction! I've reached a bit of a stop thanks to the F2P model though.

Backlog

1. Punch Out! (Wii).
2. Nintendo Land (Wii U).
3. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Wii U).
4. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (Wii U).
5. Hyrule Warriors (Wii U).
6. Starcraft 2 Wings of Liberty (PC).
7. Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition (Wii U).
8-9. Metroid Prime 2 & 3 (Wii).
10. Metroid Fusion (GBA VC).
11. Paper Mario (N64 VC).
12. Mario and Luigi Partners in Time (DS VC).
13. Earthbound Begginings (NES VC).
14. Golden Sun: The Lost Age (GBA VC).
15. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS).
16. Teslagrad (Wii U).
17. Kirby's Return to Dreamland (Wii).
18. Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS).
19. Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (3DS).
20-22. Phoenix Wright Trilogy (3DS).
23. Inazuma Eleven (3DS).
24. Sonic the Hedgehog 3D (3DS).
25. The World Ends With You (DS).
26. 999 (DS).
27. Apollo Justice Ace Attorney (DS).
28. Pokémon Black 2 (DS).
29. Ghost Trick (DS).
30. The Swapper (Wii U).

Depending on how much I like some of the above games, I'll add more to the backlog (like more Kirby, Metroid, FE or Starcraft games). It's quite big now though so I hopefully manage to clear it! The list is even ignoring upcoming 2015 games...

EDIT (14/01/15): List is down to 18 already! January has been good haha.
EDIT 2 (04/02/2015): 8 games cleared in January is a good start! Maybe I played too much though haha.
EDIT 3 (19/02/2015): 11 games by the end of February (probably won't finish anything in what's left) is pretty good. I'm very advanced in Captain Toad too, so it should be 12 soon.
EDIT 4 (14/03/2015): Seems I have slowed down severely... Well, Fire Emblem is on the longer side so that put my progress on hold a bit.
EDIT 5 (14/04/2015): I've indeed slowed down. I blame Fire Emblem for being a long game since I'm usually quick with VC ones. Anyway...
EDIT 6 (27/04/2015): At 87 hours there's no doubt that Fire Emblem is the main culprit for my slowdown!
EDIT 7 (21/05/2015): 17 games so far... Maybe the goal is doable? I'm not confident though since there are some slow games in my backlog.
EDIT 8 (10/07/2015): Definitely not doable, but writing logs is fun.
EDIT 9 (28/08/2015): Well thanks to Splatoon I'm definitely not advancing quickly. I'm having fun though so...
EDIT 10 (25/09/2015): 28 games so far, more than half at least!
EDIT 11 (06/12/2015): Probably one of the last updates of the year. Over 30 is quite a lot haha. My backlog is absurd though, when will I ever get time to play new releases haha.
EDIT 12 (25/12/2015): Final update of the year. Ended at 32 games which is fine by me. Will attempt next year too but unless I play many super short games I know I won't do it.

Original Post

Game 1: Mario Kart 8 -
Started :12/25/14
Finished :1/1/15

fo7H8ki.jpg

Kicking off the new year right. Mario Kart 8 is simply a gorgeous racing game, but that isn't all. It's also a ton of fun. The roster is great, but is missing a couple of characters, such as Diddy Kong, who really should have been added. Honestly the new anti gravity mechanic wasn't anything to get too crazy about, but it added a new layer of depth and originality to what may have been some bland tracks. Speaking of tracks, the new HD versions of old tracks look amazing, but still change up some things. There were a few remake tracks which I found weren't as good as their original counterparts however, mainly Wario Stadium. A lack of a proper battle mode annoyed me as battling on regular tracks kind of sucks. After 10 hours, I still have not had the opportunity to knock away a blue shell. The game is very good nonetheless, but I don't think it reinvigorated the franchise entirely. It's beauty, as well as the amount of fun that can be had, make this game one that I will keep playing for quite some time.

Hours Played : 10+

Overall Score : 8.5

"Play it"

The 0451

Neo Member
Game 1: Far Cry 4 (X1)
Time played: 11.5 hrs (42.5 hrs Total)
Game 2: Deadlight (X360)
Time played: 5 hrs
Game 3: Call of Duty: Black Ops II (X360)
Time played: 12 hrs (15 hrs Total)
Game 4: Riptide GP2 (X1)
Time played: 5 hrs
Game 5: #IDARB (X1)
Time played: 1 hour
Game 6: Worms (X360)
Time played 9 hrs

Playing:

Game : The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings (X360)
Time played: hrs
Game : Halo: The Master Chief Collection (X1)
Time played: 4 hrs (24 hrs Total)

entremet

Original Post

Game 1: Mario Kart 8 -
Started :12/25/14
Finished :1/1/15

fo7H8ki.jpg

Kicking off the new year right. Mario Kart 8 is simply a gorgeous racing game, but that isn't all. It's also a ton of fun. The roster is great, but is missing a couple of characters, such as Diddy Kong, who really should have been added. Honestly the new anti gravity mechanic wasn't anything to get too crazy about, but it added a new layer of depth and originality to what may have been some bland tracks. Speaking of tracks, the new HD versions of old tracks look amazing, but still change up some things. There were a few remake tracks which I found weren't as good as their original counterparts however, mainly Wario Stadium. A lack of a proper battle mode annoyed me as battling on regular tracks kind of sucks. After 10 hours, I still have not had the opportunity to knock away a blue shell. The game is very good nonetheless, but I don't think it reinvigorated the franchise entirely. It's beauty, as well as the amount of fun that can be had, make this game one that I will keep playing for quite some time.

Hours Played : 10+

Overall Score : 8.5

"Play it"

GOTY post are usually done by the entire staff. Reviews are usually done by one person.

Sakwoff

Gonna try this again. No pressure, just for funzies. I just enjoy documenting the stuff I play through. :)

Game 1: THE DARKNESS II - 5 hours (PC) ★★☆☆☆

My first real playthrough of the year. Mostly played flight simulators otherwise, and those are pretty much endless games. So yeah. I did not really like The Darkness II. Pretty much only stayed with it because I knew it was brief. In a weird way, playing the game felt a bit like it felt playing one of those third rate shooters in the 90s. Like Klingon Honor Guard or something. The one thing that it had going for it was that the shooting felt really good, at least initially. Other than that, everything was just kinda... bleh. The story and writing was extremely hokey in the style of "what adolescent boys probably find badass," the level design was linear and not very interesting in the style of "reach arena-like area, kill everyone, progress to next arena-like area, repeat..." Maybe I'm just over this kind of shooter.

Game 2: BLACKWELL LEGACY - around 4 hours (PC) ★★★★☆

So I started with the Blackwell series. And I absolutely loved almost everything about this. To get the little negatives out of the way first: there were some rather obtuse puzzles that stumped me for a while and there was the occasional bug
(the fusebox key wouldn't show up in my inventory for a while, for example)
. Other than that... I especially loved the writing. So much. The characters all seem like... real people, you know. It's kind of weird how rare that is in games. And I kind of forgot how much I love playing classic adventure games. I'm probably going to continue playing through the whole bunch of them.

Game 3: BLACKWELL UNBOUND - around 3 hours (PC) ★★★★★

Pretty much directly continued with the next one. They really nailed the atmosphere with this one. The locations, the voices, the goddamn MUSIC... setting it in the 70s was kind of a genius stroke. Also made me want to go to jazz bars more often. I also loved playing as Lauren.
That also made her fate kind of heartwrenching. I'm kind of sad that we probably won't see more of her.
Also all the little things and details... the cigarettes, all the stuff in Lauren's appartment... simply wonderful. The puzzles were a little more straight forward than in the first one, and the only instances that kind of stumped me were down to me missing a dialog option somewhere. Can't wait to play the next one.

Game 4: STEAMWORLD DIG - around 5 hours (PC) ★★★★☆

I don't exactly like endless miner games. Their core loop (dig, sell, upgrade) is pretty much the epitome of tedious, carrot dangly, arbitrary avatar-progression. What Steamworld Dig does, however, is recontextualize these mechanics in more of a classic goal-based videogame-y framework (levels, bossfight, definite ending) which makes it pretty much an RPG where you progress by punching the environment instead of punching dudes. Which is... pretty alright! Neat sense of style, too.

Game 5: BLACKWELL CONVERGENCE - around 3 hours (PC) ★★★★☆

You can tell that Unbound and Convergence were once conceptualized as a single game. This is pretty much Unbound 2. Which is great. I really liked how it tied up Unbound's story threads. I think I just found Unbound's jazzy 70s atmosphere to be a little more engrossing.

Game 6: BLACKWELL DECEPTION - around 5 hours ★★★★☆

I feel a little conflicted about this one. It's probably the longest Blackwell episode so far, but it definitely had some lengths. The beginning did not grab me at all, and things get a little weird at the end.
I did not really like the "sinister spiritual organization" stuff at the end. Good thing that they pretty much dropped that thread in Epiphany.
However, all that is pretty much nitpicky. It's still a fantastic game, I think it's just my least favourite in the series.

Game 7: BLACKWELL EPIPHANY - around 6 hours ★★★★★

Wow. Epiphany was absolutely fantastic. Talk about going out with a bang. This is how you end a series, people. It's much darker in tone than the previous ones, but how they tangled together all the threads from all the previous games was incredible.
I also might have cried in the end. A little. (A lot.)
Oh, also: It looks freaking gorgeous. As a whole, the Blackwell series is definitely up there with the best adventure games ever for me. Might also be one of my favourite gaming experiences in years.

Game 8: KNIGHTS OF THE ROUND - probably 2 hours (Vita (PSP)) ★★☆☆☆

(On Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded)
This game, like other Capcom Beat 'em Ups, does not really work when removed from an arcade context. Things you need: actual stakes (quarters), arcade environment, other players. Things you don't have playing this version alone: all these. You could impose a credit limit on yourself, which is something I frequently do playing Shmups, but eh... don't feel motivated to actually get good in this game. Watching the player characters change appearance when leveling up was kinda cool though.

Game 9: KING OF DRAGONS - probably 2 hours (Vita (PSP)) ★★★☆☆

(On Capcom Classics Collection Reloaded)
I actually had way more fun with this one, even though the same problems still apply. Greater enemy variety makes for more interesting encounters, and playing as ranged characters is pretty fun for a change.

Spyware

Going well already!

header.jpg

01-01-15 - Game 1: Miasmata - 2 hours in 2015 (about 40-ish overall)
A game about a man with a mysterious plague, running around on an even more mysterious island to find the cure before it's too late.
I bought this game in 2013 on GOG, played through it and totally loved it. When my bf got it on Steam during 2014 I really wanted to play it again, especially to get all the achievements (yay for family sharing!). The last two achievements I needed were the "speedrun" ones. I wasn't sure I would be able to do that so easily since the game became horribly buggy with my new video card. It worked flawlessly on my old one so I'm really sad about that. Luckily I managed it on my first try and so my first playthough of a game in 2015 is finished!

header.jpg

01-01-15 - Game 2: A Bird Story - 1 hour
A story about a bird and a boy.
Odd "game". Least interactive game I've ever played I think.
It really doesn't want to be played and it's more like a short film. I thought it was pretty cute and liked my time with it even tho it mostly felt like a teaser for the next game.

Also about halfway through Hatoful Boyfriend. I have gotten 9 out of 16 endings today. Should be able to finish it tomorrow.

Well, finished game 1 and updated my post back on page 6...

Game 1: Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker - 10 Hours
Awesome Game. Started it on Christmas Eve and have been slowly working on it since. Finally finished the story, but will be going back occasionally to get more collectibles. Games like this are why I love Nintendo. Fun puzzles, awesome art style, polish, etc.

Finally tracked down a physical copy of Pikmin 3 today (Happy New Years..) and am starting that tonight.

First time doing this and I'm excited. Here's my spot. I'm gonna be hopping around. I also stream on Twitch. Follow and check me out if anyone has the time. SeemThaDream

01/4/15 Game 1: The Evil Within (PC) - 14hrs 30 min and 76 deaths
It's a great game, The atmosphere, the design, the combat. The story is the craziest story iv'e ever played. Cant wait for the DLC.

01/13/15 Game 2: Prince of Persia Sands of Time HD (PS3) - About 6hrs 30min
A rather nostalgic game since I played it as a kid. Forgot about the story and wanted to play the trilogy since I have it now. First I give ubisoft credit for updating the visuals, many times I say this game looks amazing. partly because of the art. Its a very cinematic game. Camera issues aside it's worth playing because its a top notch platformer. I wish they would come out with a new one or something instead of you know um... Assassins Creed.

01/13/15 Game 3: Vanquish (PS3) - 5hrs 30 min
Another Platinum game finished. Its like Gears of War times with the fast forward on 1,000! Great gameplay, so so story and SICK boss fights. That suit is the coolest designed thing ever. Screw exosuits.

01/14/15 Game 4: Outlast (PC) - 5hrs
I made sure I wasn't alone when I played this game. The story goes from puzzling to more puzzling. It's a crazy ride. Its a simple game also get this thing to unlock this door then wash rinse repeat but do this with a crazy guy or two chasing you down. I don't even want to start this dlc. Its a great game and an amazing looking game.

1/26/15 Game 5: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater HD (Xbox 360) - 19hrs
Speechless. My first time playing this. Its much better than 2 but not 1. Its a great game in the series though. The espionage spy story is what kept me hooked. The music...No the snake eater track is amazing and I love its occurrence in the story. I can now fully understand this. :(
bvvrNvY.gif

1/29/15 Game 6: Last of us Left Behind DLC (PS3)- 3hrs
I finished the game a long time ago I just never played the DLC so I went through it and I can say that I never had this many emotions in a dlc before. Truly a masterpiece of a video game. Whoever is a video gamer and hasn't played the last of us. Shame on you.

3/19/15 Game 7: Pokemon X(3DS)- 54hrs total playtime (and counting)
Just finished the main story and beat the elite 4. Played it for nostalgia sake because i haven't played a Pokemon game since red on the gba. This game looks great on the 3ds and its always fun catching Pokemon. playing competitively online is great also.

Game 8: Call of Duty Advanced Warfare (XBONE) - 12 hrs
This was surprisingly good after the bad taste Ghosts left in my mouth. Kevin Spacey is a phenomenal actor which holds up the story. The game looks great. The best looking call of duty to date. The exo suits and futuristic tech was awesome to use. The suits worked well in the story. I was playing on veteran so I didn't get a chance to use it to its full ability. Its a nice block buster game.

Game 9: Transistor (PC) - 7hrs
After playing Bastion last year It was one of my favorite games in a long time. The follow up game Transistor wasn't any different. I can say that the story was a little confusing in the beginning but it all starts to make sense as you go on through these beautify designed worlds. The story also hits a turn that left my jaw on the floor. That's just the story. The game play while not as good as bastion in my opinion is so very deep with its combinations and ways you can tackle at enemies. Its a very thought provoking strategy type of game. It works very well and makes this game very fun. The voice acting is also excellent. The music is also excellent and you have a specific button to hum to the soundtrack!! Just the attention to detail in this game. Bravo to these guys!

Game 10: Grand Theft Auto V (XBONE) - 30 or so hours
After The amazing story of GTA IV The topped it tenfold in V They took that one amazing bank heist level in GTA IV (The best mission in the game) and made that the part of the game and story in 5. The heists are amazing and the story for each character is just crazy how they can incorporate three different cultures and lifestyles into one game. The amount of technical details in this game is almost unmatched. The multiplayer is just even more hours of fun.

Game 11: Battlefield 4 (PC) - 6 hours
The story = MEH
The multiplayer = Great, The frostbite engine looks great on PC.

Game 12: Forza Horizon 2 Fast and Furious - 4 hours
Got this for free. Love forza horizon and love fast and furious. This is a cool theme for this game. The races were intense the map was large, the cars are the same ones from the movie. Ludacris was a nice addition as the voice over. Watching the movie after finishing this was a cool feeling. (RIP Paul Walker)

Game 13: Mortal Kombat X (XBONE)- 5 hours
Amazing game all around. Every time I play this I am just amazed at how well done this game is. Everything in this game is a complete upgrade from mk9 (except the characters, no smoke :( ). The story was very cinematic, I can agree that its not as good or as challenging as mk9 but it gets the job done story wise. I really can't complain over this. I haven't played much multiplayer but I never had any problems with its net code.

Game 14: Batman Arkham City (PC) - 21 hours
After completing the amazing game Arkham Asylum, I needed to play the sequel. I like how the story starts right after the first. I love the voice acting from all the characters. I feelt like I was playing the cartoon. The game tome was arkham aslyum but bigger. Its daunting at first but once you get the hang of it its a huge upgrade from the first game. All the secrets and enemies make this game very enjoyable to play and playing as cat woman adds another dynamic perspective to the story. After the game was finished I went and read the batman comic which ties up the end of the game. Then I went and played Harley Quinns revenge. Rocksteady did a great job with this game again and I am excited to play Arkham Knight. Batman will always be the coolest superhero of DC.

Game 15: Tomb Raider (PC) - 14 hours
This is not your average tomb raider game where you just get thrown into a tomb and figure out the puzzle. This is different. you are on an island and you cant get off (Lost anyone?) you have to try to save your friends and try to get off. Then things get crazy when you have some cult trying to do a ritual on your friend because her ancestor died there. In this game Lara Croft is basically Rambo, killing everyone and everything in her path. Its a good game for a reboot. I enjoyed playing It. The story was crazy at times but It was good enough. The world is big and open yet kind of linear. There's weapon upgrades and survival upgrades. The game looks really good, the art is fantastic, collectibles are nice to catch, its very cinematic. Its a lot like uncharted but its is own game. Cant wait to see what they do with rise of the tomb raider.

Game 16:Machinarium (PS3) - 5 hours
Just a random point and click indie game that I had from Ps plus I came around to playing it and became hooked. Its a beautifully designed game amazing art style and the puzzles were great. I got stuck at a few points in the game so cheating was my best option even with the hints. They had a cool mechanic to obtain a hint was to play a mini game. The story was also great and the whole setting and characters drew me in to see the end. Great game and I would recommend to anyone whos interested.

Game 17: Dying Light (XBONE) - 24 hours
I absolutely love this game. I played most of the game in 4 player coop with some friends and It has been the most fun I had since gta 5. This game is one of the best open world games that I played this year. The game looks amazing. It has a running system like mirrors edge and combat like dead island. Put that together and you get this game. This game is huge and its always fun traversing through the world. There's a good variety of zombies during the day and then the night. The night makes this game more intense with zombies that are faster and stronger than you chase after you if you get caught. Can't wait for the dlc this year. The story on the other hand was the only bad thing about it. Its just not good that's all I need to say about it.

Game 18: Sleeping Dogs (PC) - 24 hours
Playing this game was a breath of fresh air after playing GTA V. This is basically gta but in a Hong Kong setting with a undercover cop story The game looks good for a last gen game its plays great because of the amazing combat system and executions with certain objects. There's a lot of stuff to do in the game and you won't be bored if you pace it right. (Which I'm terrible at). The story was great and I can't wait to see what they do next. Haven't played the dlc but ill get back to it.

Currently playing:
DMC4 SE (XBONE)
Borderlands The Handsome Jack Collection (XBONE)
Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Two Worlds (3DS)
Persona 3 Portable (on PlayStation TV)
Metro 2033 Redux (PC)
MGS4 (PS3)

Top of the list
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn (PC)

I also stream check me out! Twitch

npanciroli

Neo Member
Going to try this. May help me get through an endless Steam/PSN backlog.

Game 1: FarCry 4 - 25 hours
Currently loving it more than 3. Overstayed it's welcome and the collecting got tedious but really enjoyed the different ways it could end.

Game 2: Dragon Age Inquisition - 40 hours
Had 60+ between 3 characters, but the combat got old and the story didn't entice me so finished it as quick as possible.

Game 3: Bayonetta 2 - 7 hours
Perfect game, incredible.

Game 4: Captain Toad - 5 hours.
Enjoyed blowing through the story.

I'm in again. Sans durations, cause I'm too lazy to figure that stuff out with idlemaster junking up all my times and such. The less hassle it is to log, the more likely I'll be to complete it again.

2014 52 games challenge: 78 games
2015 52 games challenge: 52 games

1. :pc: A Bird's Story* || It was okay, but disappointing considering To the Moon
  2. :pc: Transformers: War for Cybertron || Fun co-op TPS, even if it's janky.
  3. :pc: Lords of the Fallen* || A pretty solid game overall; sort of falls into the "souls" genre, but it's also different enough to be enjoyable for the most part.
  4. :pc: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae || Solid character action game, especially considering it came from a bundle
  5. :pc: Dishonored* || Wicked good time. I loved it so much, I played back to back runs and 100% the main game.
  6. :pc: 1001 Spikes || Solid game, even if a tad frustarting in spots
  7. :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin || Wasn't a giant fan of F.E.A.R., this didn't do a lot to help. It slogs on for too long. It's an okay FPS, but nothing I'd consider highly recommended.
  8. :pc: F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin: Reborn || I think parts of this were better than the main game.
  9. :pc: Call of Duty: Black Ops^ || Better than I thought it would be considering my feelings towards Treyarch developed CoD games.
  10. :pc: Cho Dengeki Stryker [Dengeki Stryker Saga] || It wasn't great, it wasn't terrible... I only had enough patience for a lot of the schtick written into this for a single playthrough.
  11. :pc: A Story About My Uncle || Nice idea, bad achievement design, sometimes the controls/level design left a lot to be desired
  12. :pc: Ryse || Solid overall, but definitely not the system seller MS was envisioning, I think.
  13. :pc: Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon || Bloody fantastic. Can't believe I waited this long to play it.
  14. :pc: Spoiler Alert* || Oddly, this ran like ass on my gtx770... I ended up playing it on my netbook instead. Interesting idea.
  15. :ps4: Contrast* || Another average game. It oozes style borrowing heavily from the 1920s era style, but that doesn't do much to make some of it stand out for more than a gimmicky 3D platformer.
  16. :pc: Without Within || A really strange and short free VN.
  17. :pc: Boo Bunny Plague || Gameplay was a bit boring and repetitive, but the story and voice overs were so crazy I couldn't help but push through to the end. The rap battle boss fight was definitely epic.
  18. :pc: Black: The Fall || Seems alright, but it's definitely a far from finished game... not sure if the dev will ever pick it up and finish it as intended.
  19. :ps4: Infamous: First Light* || Absolutely solid evolution of Infamous. Not sure how it compares to Second Son (in my backlog) but Fetch was fun to play as and well designed from a core gameplay perspective.
  20. :pc: Castle Crashers# || played it before -- still fun in co-op.
  21. :ps4: Transistor#* || played this on PC last year, played through it again on PS4 due to PS+. I liked it better the second time around, but I still think Bastion was better since it's closer to a true ARPG.
  22. :pc: Resident Evil: Revelations || Well done overall... some janky bits, but considering it started life as a 3DS game, I was pleasantly surprised.
  23. :vita: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds || A decent brawler... no idea what was going on in the story... and the depth in the combo system and level ups felt mostly unnecessary once you found a few core strategies that worked well.
  24. :pc: Whispering Willows* || Decent puzzle adventure type game.
  25. :pc: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams || I wasn't a huge fan... it was an okay platformer, but nothing that makes the list of what I'd recommend others should check out.
  26. :pc: Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams: Rise of the Owlverlord. || Quite possibly better than the previous version, if only for the fact that it's a bit crazier in it's level design and execution and makes the game a bit more unique and fun.
  27. :pc: Thief || I don't get the hate... I had a good time playing it, but I went it blind and it was my first Thief game.
  28. :pc: Ittle Dew || It was okay -- due to the open ended design, some of the areas can be a bit obtuse in their design. Overall, I had a decent time with it.
  29. :pc: Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor* || Great game, I had a ton of fun with it. I plan to go back and do the expansion DLC, but I needed a break from it after powering through to 100% the main story/game.
  30. :pc: Shantae: Risky's Revenge Director's Cut* || FANTASTIC. Can't believe the quality here and glad I backed the developer's kickstarter.
  31. :pc: JUJU* || It was an okay platformer that was a bit reminiscent of DKC. It's pretty, but I wasn't totally in love with the level design or gameplay throughout.
  32. :pc: Another World* || Jankier than I remember from the days of yore when I rented and beat it on SNES. It lost a few points in my eyes on this playthrough, as the gameplay shook a bit of the nostalgia away.
  33. :pc: Double Dragon Neon || An absolute blast in co-op, a really good brawler with a tubular 80s aesthetic.
  34. :pc: Assassins Creed Brotherhood || Much better than I thought it would be. I dropped the AC series after getting 100% on AC2 on both PS3 and x360, I wanted a new game with a new protagonist, not more Ezio and multiplayer... but after all this time, I had a good time with it in the end.
  35. :pc: Hotline Miami 2 || Great follow up to the original, though I feel the soundtrack and the gameplay didn't quite live up to the standard set in the original.
  36. :pc: Astebreed || Ridiculously wonderful shmup.
  37. :pc: Life of Pixel* || Partially recommended, partially not... the game has a ton of flaws, but it also has some really cool retro designs and themes.
  38. :pc: Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue* || After a long break from completing Deathspank on PSN, this was a good time overall. I still appreciate a lot of the humor, even if the gameplay can get repetitive.
  39. :pc: Akane the Kunoichi* || Average platformer, nothing really special here
  40. :pc: Shadow Warrior || Fantastic overall -- really cool juxtaposition between melee combat, gunplay, and the special moves/powers.
  41. :vita: Soldner-X 2: Final Prototype || I love this game. It's a really great shmup -- originally played a bit and beat it on PS3, but it's perfect on Vita.
  42. :pc: The Bridge* || This game can be brilliant and obtuse, depending on your frame of mind and how well you perceive the puzzle mechanics.
  43. :pc: Alien Isolation* || Great game overall, really had the feel of the franchise.
  44. :pc: Ibb & Obb || Janky and buggy co-op game. Some interesting mechanics and puzzles, but hard to recommend.
  45. :pc: Amazing Princess Sarah* || Much better than Akane the Kunoichi, but still has it flaws. Nice improvement from the devs though.
  46. :pc: Dark Souls 2: Scholar of the First Sin || Loved the game even more the second time around. Nice remixed enemies and I finally checked out the DLC. Strong GOTY contender for me.
  47. :pc: Mortal Kombat X || Necessary patches aside, it's taken everything I loved about MK9 and improved upon it. It will make my GOTY list, I'm sure.
  48. :pc: Dungeon Siege III || Solid experience in co-op, but plagued by a few problems such as host centric camera focus, inability to have clients save their own progress, etc.
  49. :pc: Dungeon Siege III: Treasures of the Sun* || A nice expansion to the game, fits well in the natural playthrough and had some interesting creatures/areas.
  50. :vita: Shovel Knight || Played this last year and loved it after backing the kickstarter. Wanted to support the devs even more and the Kratos bossfight looked nuts. Plan on platinuming it here at some point.
  51. :pc: Wolfenstein: The Old Blood* || Much better than W:TNO. I thought it was pretty great from start to finish.
  52. :pc: Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter || These games are strange to me -- they evoke this great "classic" FPS (think DOOM) vibe with some modern touches... but then they just take all challenge out with infinite respawns and add in some really janky gunplay at times.

MetalSlug

I think I'l give this a shot!

header.jpg

Game 1: Sonic The Hedgehog 3 and Knuckles
(PC) (Started 02/01/2015) (Finished 03/01/2015) Time - 02:38:00

Well, it's been a long time since I've completed this game. It's still really fun(and fast) to play and it has an amazing soundtrack + graphics.

header.jpg

Game 2: Sonic CD (PC) (Started 03/01/2015) (Finished 04/01/2015) Time - 00:48:00

It's a good game, but I just don't like it as much as Sonic 1-3.

header.jpg

Game 3: Sonic Adventure 2 (PC) (Started XX/XX/XXXX) (Finished XX/XX/XXXX) Time - XX:XX:XX

header.jpg

Game 4: Jet Set Radio (PC) (Started XX/XX/XXXX) (Finished XX/XX/XXXX) Time - XX:XX:XX

Zoracka

Edit: I can see I'm behind with my thoughts on certain games since I've been quite busy. I suppose I wont have time to write about all the games - but hopefully I will be able to catch up sooner or later. Cheers.
My Progress:

New = First time playing this game.
Finished = A game that I've started, but for some reason never finished before now.
Replay = A game that I've played through before.

Finished : 14 / 52
1. Back To The Future (F, 7-8 hours, PC, January) - Thoughts
2. Binary Domain
(N, 8-9 hours, PC, January) - Thoughts
3. Gone Home (N, 1-2 hours, PC, January) - Thoughts
4. SteamWorld Dig (N, 4-5 hours, PC, January) - Thougts
5. Super Mario 3D Land (R, 16 hours, 3DS, February) - Thougts
6. Far Cry 4 (N, 28-29 hours, PS4, February) - Thoughts
7. World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor (N, 250+ hours, PC, February) - It's WoW. *
8. The Wolf Among Us (N, 12 hours, PS4, February) - Thoughts
9. The Walking Dead Season 1 + 400 Days (R/N, 12-13 hours, PS4, March) - Thoughts
10. Octodad: Dadliest Catch (N, 1-2 hours, PS4, March)
11. The Walking Dead Season 2 (N, 11-12 hours, PS4, April)
12. The Legend of Zelda: Marjoa's Mask 3D (N, 28-29 hours, n3DS, April)
13. Cities: Skylines (N, 21-22 hours, PC, April)
14. Killing Floor (R, 12 hours, PC)

* I've chosen not to review World of Warcraft's expansion: Warlords of Draenor. It's an expansion, so I was unsure whether or not I'd count it as a game, but it's a huge expansion with so much content that it might as well go for a solo-game. I do think it's one of the best expansions to WoW yet and while I only played for 2-3 months, I'd recommend it to anyone having a MMO-itch. It's more of the same, but if you've enjoyed WoW before then you'll probably enjoy it now - there's no better time.

Hyunkel6

I'm in! I have no idea how many games I finish in a year, but I'm willing to find out!

Currently playing:
1. Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2
2. Tales of Xillia 2

Taker34

Banned
Will do my best to beat 52 games since my backlog is pretty huge.

My completed games are traceable, thanks to PSN trophies/Steam achievements.

Completed: (1)

January (0): -

February (1):
Sleeping Dogs (PS4) - 15/02/15 - 17:44:50 hours

March (2):
The Order 1886 - 08/03/15 - ~ 7 hours
Minecraft (PS4) - 29/03/15 - ~ 20 hours

In Progress:
Star Wars: KotOR (iOS)
Farenheit (iOS)
Grim Fandango (Vita)
The Crew (PS4)
Persona 4 Golden (Vita)
Ghost in the Shell: SAC (PC/PS2/PCSX2)
Persona 3 FES (PS3)
Dragon Age: Inquisition (PS4)
GTA V (PS4)
CoD: AW (PS4)
FF X HD (Vita)
The Last of Us (PS4)
Shadow of Mordor (PS4)
Resident Evil HD (PS4)
Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Generation (iOS)
Thief (PS4)
Far Cry 4 (PS4)
Bloodborne
Little Big Planet 3 (PS4)
Tomb Raider: DE (PS4)

DasFool

Reserving this post. If I can draw myself away from FFXIV, I'll put some real progress into this. Best of luck to everyone else!

Wensih

First game done:

1. Super Time Force Ultra - 4 Hours
#Very charming game. Just the right amount of stupid for me. The dialogue never goes over the top with internet memes, except for maybe the future section which is fitting for that level, and the 8 bit artwork and color pallet are extremely well done. Great large roster of characters, each with their unique skill set. If you have some TIME on your hands and looking for a short dumb game this year, this may definitely be your jam (get ready for time puns every sentence).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=144764980&postcount=123

Going to give this a run despite spending alot of time in FF14!

Completed:

HU4PGx8.jpg

Game 1: Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition - 12 hours
Decided to check out the PS4 version due to it being free on plus and ended up running through the story and a bunch of other stuff(online, challenges, etc). Overall an enjoyable fighting game, I'm a big fan of having an interesting(albeit over the top) story mode in these to help draw me in, as I'm not the biggest fighting junkie around.

fvaBuTP.jpg

Game #2 - Nidhogg (PS4/PSVITA) 1/08/15 [10+ hours]
I picked this up on a sale around new years and loved it. Sadly I haven't had much luck finding opponents online, but its the perfect game to just pick up and play a few quick rounds when I have 10-15 minutes to kill.

B4CeCfj.jpg

Game #3 - Kingdom Hearts Final Mix (PS3) 1/10/15 [22 hours]
My Fiance picked up 2.5 and while I wanted to jump straight into that(I've never played BBS), I felt I should go in chronological order and so began a feverish two week period of KH games. The first was one of my favorite PS2 games when I was in high school, and its never looked better now that its in HD. The camera took some time to adjust to again, but overall it was a good time. I finished it on normal(largely due to the difficulty trophies not stacking), but I've put it on my list of games I'd like to go back and platinum at some point.

3LhhPbB.jpg

Game #4 - Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (PS3) 1/19/2015 [27 hours]
I originally completed this on GBA back in the day and had pretty lukewarm memories of it. The card battle system is pretty neat, but it did get kind of tiring as it went. Also unlike the main KH games, the worlds themselves are just kind of there, and the real meat of the game is everything around them(Castle Oblivion, The Organization, etc.) I ran through it on both Sora and Riku and had a good enough time I suppose. Also watched all of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days, but I'm not going to count that on this list.

nZnUmSu.jpg

Game #5 - Persona Q (3DS) 1/22/2015 [42 hours]
I picked this up back in November, but my time for portable games is largely late at night before bed so it took quite awhile to finish. This was my first Etrian Odyssey style game and I have to say I'm fairly impressed! The drawing your map feature is pretty neat, and combat is pretty good. Some of the puzzles in the later dungeons were pretty challenging which was also nice. The draw for me was the Persona theme, and it did not disappoint, lots of fan service from that series!

DQbjOWN.png

Game #6 - Freedom Wars (PSVITA) 1/29/2015 [22 hours]
Picked this up in December and finally got around to playing through it. Had a good time with it for the most part(the AI of the cpu characters was awful at times despite issuing orders), but it felt like the game ended right as the story was going anywhere. I haven't had a chance to really do much of the end game after the story ends, so maybe there will be more for the game to give.

U0iBiJT.jpg

Game #7 - Resident Evil HD Remastered (PS4) 2/3/15 [6 hours]
I played the original on Playstation in 1996 when I was 10 years old but had no experience with the game outside of that, and no knowledge of the GCN remake whatsoever. I went through on Jill and just took my time exploring, and wow, they don't make games like this anymore. Little things like walking into a room and a giant tarantula crawling down behind me without loud music or audio cues just give the game great atmosphere and let it really breathe. I'm already planning to take what I've learned and improve for a Chris playthrough, $20 well spent!

eUjrI1z.jpg

Game #8 - Hotline Miami (PSVITA) 2/4/15 [7 hours]
Just did a quick run through in anticipation of Hotline Miami 2 in March. Surprised how well the game worked on VITA, my original playthrough years ago was on PC. Can't wait for the sequel, hopefully its even better.

Game #9 - Rogue Legacy (PS4/PSVITA) 2/14/2015 [26 hours]] *platinum*
I had originally played through this on Steam in 2014, but decided to check it out again when it came to PS PLUS. 26 hours and a platinum trophy later its easily one of my favorite indie games of all time. The four new boss fights were some interesting encounters, and that music still gets the blood pumping!

Game #10 - Valkyria Chronicles (PC) 2/15/2015 [30 hours]
After all the commotion coming over to steam in 2014, I received this as a christmas gift and dove in sometime in January. Personally I found the actual mechanics a little too easily broken(I was able to run through most missions abusing scouts and orders), but I found the characters and story quite endearing. Hopefully Sega will put the sequels on Steam so I can enjoy more.

Game #11 - Metal Gear Solid (PSVITA) 2/16/2015 [8 hours]
Arguably my favorite entry(Its either this or Snake Eater) in one of my favorite series of all time, theres not much I can say about MGS. I've been through the game over a dozen times and it still holds my attention start to finish. Truly just a master class experience all around.

Game #12 - The Order: 1886 (PS4) 2/23/2015 [10 hours] *platinum*
I had high hopes for this game starting the year, despite the middling impressions that had come out of trade shows in 2014. Personally I had a good enough time with it, but it just feels so half baked, and as I think back on it now its just a frustrating game. The world and characters felt like they were setting up and building towards something interesting, only for the game to come to a sudden end. Now the game really feels like its come and gone(theres a joke to the games length there somewhere), and the chances of a sequel to build on what was there seem pretty slim. It sure was pretty though :(

Game #13 - Counterspy (PSVITA) 3/7/2015 [4 hours]
Flew through this on a trip to the parents for a weekend, the premise of the game was interesting but it was a chore to play. The game just felt really clunky to play, most noticeably the shooting sections, which almost felt out of place to the rest of it. I guess I shouldnt complain, as it was an interesting game to check out(PS PLUS provided quite a few I otherwise wouldnt have seen over the year) and was short.

Game #14 - DBZ Xenoverse (PS4) 3/13/2015 [40+ hours]
I'm a huge Dragon Ball fan, so I am thrilled that a solid enough DBZ game came out this year. Creating your own character and running around an online lobby with others was fun in itself, it always cracked me up to see others doing the Ginyu poses, or fusion dance together. Thats not counting just seeing some of the interesting characters others had made/dressed up, which was surprising since the create feature felt somewhat limited. Hopefully they can build on the solid foundation laid here for the sequel and make the next one even better.

Game #15 - Valiant Hearts (PS4) 3/15/2015 [7 hours]
Another PS PLUS game added to the pile, my fiancee and I sat down and went through this in 2-3 sittings. I was surprised just how much I enjoyed it, as I've never been one for war stories, but I appreciated how VH really showed just how terrible war could be with some of the twists and turns the game takes. Just a well written game, weaving together the characters involved and leading to a great, yet sad ending.

Game #16 - Hotline Miami 2 (PSVITA) 3/16/2015 [8 hours]
When I played this in March I was initially disappointed. I felt like the original gave me a good amount of freedom in how I approached and tackled the levels through the masks and weapons found, while 2 felt so constrained. I thought it was a good game, but theres no denying I was initially disappointed. Reflecting back on it now though, I actually appreciate it more. While some of that freedom was gone, it was replaced by an interesting narrative, with some really great moments that I remember vividly while typing this now. Also THAT MUSIC, so many great tracks. Its hard to choose which one I like more, but both entries are fantastic games in there own right.

Game #17 - Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) 3/18/2015 [40+ hours]
I entered MH4 as a complete Monster Hunter newbie, outside of maybe 10 minutes spent with an earlier entry. The GAF hype got me to check it out, and it was actually pretty good. There were some growing pains with my time spent with it, as I had to get used to all of its mechanics and systems, but I definitely had a good enough time with it and would be interested in the next one. I think for that one I'll try to actually play with other GAF members or online more, as I spent the bulk of my time in solo play(outside of a few missions).

Game #18 - DMC Definitive Edition (PS4) 3/19/2015 [8 hours]
Originally played this on Steam, but all of the changes they made got me to check this one out. They were definitely positive changes and additions in my opinion, but I don't feel like they would change anyone's mind from the initial release. Throughout all of the online arguments of those who enjoy DMC and those who wish it didn't exist, I find myself just wishing we'd get another entry at all. Capcom? Please?

Game #19 - Bloodborne (PS4) 3/29/2015 *platinum* 40+ hours
The first top to bottom fantastic 2015 game for me, my time with Bloodborne was just a treat. The souls series never drew me in, I would try but something would disengage me or grab my attention elsewhere(FF14 I'm looking at you), but this one just took me and never let me go. I loved the art style, I loved how tight the combat felt, the music, I could go on and on. Thinking now, I have two moments from my time with the game that really stick in my mind. The first would be after the first few bosses of new game +, when I realized the game had clicked with me and I had "leveled up" so to speak. I struggled my way through the game the first time, often wondering "are these games just too hard for me?" It was a great feeling when the bosses that I had to bang my head against initially were brought down with ease on a second go around. The other moment would be working on defiled Amygdala with my friend in the chalice dungeons. While going through the game itself solo, my friend and I made it a goal to do all of the chalice dungeons in coop and we had a lot of great times(mainly watching each other blow up to traps, enemies, etc.) but Defiled Amygdala takes the cake. Insight was spent, spirits were broken("just go on without me man" lol), and lots of excited shouting could be heard throughout the house that night. I haven't had time to check out the DLC but I can't wait to return to Yharnam sometime in 2016.

Game #20 - Phoenix Wright Dual Destinies (3DS) 4/11/2015 [25 hours]
There came a time in 2015 while talking to my fiancee that I realized I had completely missed a Phoenix Wright entry, and so I set out to rectify that problem. Dual Destinies wasn't the best AA game, but I had a good time with it, and I liked some of the new characters they introduced, like Athena and Juniper. I really enjoyed the youkai/masked wrestler case, and the one involving the legal academy. The overlying plot centering around the 1st, 4th, and 5th episodes were kind of touch and go but all in all it was a good entry. I'm looking forward to AA6, even if I'm disappointed Capcom won't give us Great Ace Attorney.

Game #21 - Mortal Kombat X (PS4) 4/15/2015 [15 hours]
I’m more on the casual side of fighting games, but I loved the story mode in MK9 so I was looking forward to this one. The story was alright, it held my interest but never blew me away or anything. Most of the new characters were good additions, and I did like the different styles for each fighter, a neat little twist on the formula imo.

Game #22 - Killzone Mercenary (PSVITA) 4/24/15 [4 hours]
Checked this one out when it went up on PS Plus, I feel like it was just a solid, if by the numbers FPS. Impressive graphics for the Vita though.

Game #23 - Shovel Knight (PS4/PSVITA) 4/29/15 [16 hours]
One of my favorite games of 2014 released on the Playstation platforms, I had to run through it a few times for the platinum. It controls well, has great music, and great level design with lots of fun challenges/easter eggs to find and collect. I can’t recommend it enough.

Game #24 - Megaman Maverick Hunter X (PSVITA) 5/12/15 [5 hours]
After my Shovel Knight binge, I was in the mood to revisit an old classic in Megaman X. I figured since I never checked out the PSP remake it would be a good time, and for the most part I enjoyed it. It did have a little slowdown, and felt shorter than I remember? Might just be my imagination, I’d like to play the original SNES one sometime if I can.

Game #25 - Witcher 2 (PC) 5/15/2015 [17 hours]
Just a quick run through on insanity difficulty to get in the groove for Witcher 3, and to check out some of the additions CDPR had put in since my initial few playthroughs back when the game was released.

Game #26 - Witcher 3 (PS4) 5/31/2015 [120 hours]
I’m a huge fan of the series, but the Witcher 3 blew me away despite all of my hype entering it. Thinking back to it now, there are so many great moments and quests, interesting locations to explore, monsters to hunt. For me it has set the bar on what I want from this type of game, and has come the closest to giving an open world RPG without some of the “usual suspect” drawbacks that usually accompany them. One thing I particularly loved was just how much attention was paid to crafting its world, it always felt like there was a piece of lore or other explanation for why I found treasure, or stumbled on some decaying ruins. It’s not without flaws, but the sum of its parts leave it as nothing short than my GOTY, and one of the best open world games I’ve ever played.

kierwynn

Though I doubt I'll be able to complete this, going to give it a go just for the fun of it! I mainly play long jrpgs, so I am hoping maybe this will encourage me to try some other, shorter games as well. All my in progress stuff are pretty much long games- gonna try and fit some shorter stuff in there as well.

Updated: 10/24/15 Def not gonna make it, but still gonna see how close I can get!

Finished: 31/52

pq96GvR.jpg

Game #1- Ar Nosurge (PS3) | 1/9/2015 [49 hours] Platinum
I've been a fan of the Ar Tonelico series since the first one. I bought this day 1 to support the series, but it took me awhile to get through the Ciel Nosurge summary (which is a requirement if you want the most out of this game) due to my busy schedule. I'm glad I finally got to play it as it was a very enjoyable experience. The combat was interesting, the characters were fun and the music is as wonderful as the rest of the series. I only wish they would have released Ciel Nosurge out here first so you could get the extra stuff at the end. If they ever localize the vita versions of this and/or ciel I would def play it again!

ozAi1tq.jpg

Game #2- Final Fantasy X HD (PSVita) | 1/13/2015 [103 hours 23 mins] Platinum
Finally- it took awhile, but I finally finished this dumb platinum. I finished the story part of the game in 2014, but I didn't consider it really complete until I finished the platinum. (Plus, it took an extra like 50+ hours after beating the story to finish so... lol) I had forgotten how terrible most of the mini games were which made it even more of a pain. I think my biggest complaint is that there isn't much middle ground to help move from the difficulty level in the main story line and the difficulty level of the side content. That initial prep work in order to actually be able to start the real grind was a pain, but it wasn't too bad after that.

grYbr8J.jpg

Game #3- Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PSVita) | 1/15/2015 [54 hours] Platinum
Another one down! I enjoyed everything about the game until it came down to the extra grind for the rest of the trophies. I finished the story itself last year, and had to force myself to pick it up again to finish grinding for the equipment in the Monomi game and to play through school mode 3 more times. I really wish they'd let you complete more endings in one school mode play through. I mean, yeah you can get like 5, which isn't terrible, but that still means 3-4 playthroughs since the cast is so large. Despite that, I enjoyed all the endings and can't wait for the eventual DR3!

xma3mNT.jpg

Game #4- HuniePop (PC) | 1/23/2015 [8 hours]
What can I say, I'm a girl who enjoys waifu games. My boyfriend showed me this one, which intrigued me since it was a combination of waifus and puzzle game (and I enjoy puzzle games). It ALSO seemed to have really terrible dialogue that made me laugh, so I figured why not give it a shot. It was, uh... interesting, to say the least. The puzzles themselves were pretty fun and actually required planning and strategy, which I enjoyed. Everything else was hit or miss. There were some interesting characters (which, unfortunately, you don't get to learn that much about), some annoying ones, and some down right awful ones. There was a lot of problematic stuff in the present giving thing as well, which kinda took away from my overall enjoyment of the game. I guess, in the end, I enjoyed the puzzles and had a few laughs at the games expense, so it wasn't a total loss.

tPRiqCC.png

Game #5- Ghost Trick (DS) | 2/6/2015 [9 hours 34 mins]
What a great game! The puzzles were fun, the characters were great, and the story was intriguing. There were a lot of twists I didn't guess that surprised me! I really enjoyed it. I really don't know why I kept putting off playing this one. Too bad there isn't a sequel cause that would have been amazing. Still, I enjoyed the ride and highly recommend it to anyone who has yet to play it.

zpuUqo2.jpg

Game #6- Hatoful Boyfriend (PC) | 2/14/2015 [8 hours 54 mins]
All I can say about this game is wow. What an insane ride that was. My brother had spoiled some of the route endings for me before and I was like oh neat cause it sounded like it just parodied a bunch of well known anime scenes. That got me interested in it in the first place. Little did I know, that wasn't even the half of it. I was completely caught off guard when I got to the true ending. It was like some Zero's Escape/Danganronpa levels of crazy. It was great. Some of the music was really good, too (the song at the end of Anghel's path in particular was amazing). I cannot recommend this game enough. Whatever you think this game is at first glance, you are so very, very wrong.

oZAlsKn.jpg

Game #7- Long Live the Queen (PC) | 2/25/2015 [9 hours]
I started this awhile back when my now fiance gave it to me and I enjoyed it, but I got stuck towards the end and never finished it. I finally decided to come back and finish a play through as well as get all the achievements. It's a fun game where your choices really so matter and all sort of things can happen. Of course, that got a little annoying when going for achievements because it took a lot of planning to make sure you didn't proc some random event you didn't know about that led to your death. lol But, I managed!

SYmheIh.jpg

Game #8- To the Moon (PC) | 2/27/2015 [4 hours]
I got this game in a humble bundle some time back and had heard good things about it, but had put it aside. Well, I ended up needing a short game to meet my quota and decided to go for this. I'm not sure what I was expecting, but it wasn't this. The story was sad and the concept behind it was interesting.

vkFnrWz.jpg

Game #9- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) | 3/25/2015 [15 hours 36 mins]
I played this game on DS before, but decided to buy the whole trilogy on 3DS and decided to play it again. Even having played it, it was still has fun as it was before. The only time it really dragged was the 5th case because it's sooooo looooong (I don't hate it tho- it has queen Ema!). Great game and hopefully I can make my way through the whole series over the next few months.

rOKsSz8.jpg

Game #10- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for All (3DS) | 3/31/2015 [15 hours 20 mins]
Another one I had already played, but still a good one. The circus case was a bit more slow than I remembered it being, but it wasn't so bad. I didn't like the music as much in this one, tho, which was kinda unfortunate after how good it was in the first game.

ID2lQJb.jpg

Game #11- Go! Go! Nippon! ~My First Trip to Japan~ (PC) | 4/1/2015 [3 hours 36 mins]
Grabbed this visual novel cheap during one of the many steam sales and finally got around to playing it. It's a cute, simple VN and it does give a lot of great information about Japan for people interested in it. I like to travel and I like learning about places, so a lot of the random info it gave was interesting.

1HLh5yv.png

Game #12- Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and Tribulations (3DS) | 4/20/2015 [21 hours 19 mins]

alcFrKE.jpg

Game #13- Hexcells (PC) | 4/23/2015 [2 hours 36 mins]

DUNkHVf.jpg

Game #14- Hexcells Plus (PC) | 4/28/2015 [6 hours 24 mins]

AYNSHO4.png

Game #15- Narcissu (PC) | 5/20/2015 [2 hours]

fAbt5WN.jpg

Game #16- Disgaea Afternoon of Darkness (PSVita) | 5/29/2015 [28 hours 54 mins]

wcQ2N4p.jpg

Game #17- Sally's Spa (iOS) | 5/30/2015 [4 hours 45 mins]

6OaqpJn.png

Game #18- Framed (iOS) | 5/31/2015 [2 hours]

tqEiOYi.jpg

Game #19- Fragment's Note (iOS) | 6/5/2015 [7 hours 25 mins]

Game #20- Apollo Justice (DS) | 6/14/2015 [10 hours 53 mins]

c7U3DNr.jpg

Game #21- Her Story (PC) | 7/6/2015 [1 hour 30 mins]

Game #22- Steins;Gate (PSVita) | 8/27/2015 [31 hours 46 mins]

Game #23- Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 (PSVita) | 9/24/2015 [36 hours 6 mins]

Game #24- Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PSVita) | 10/11/2015 [23 hours 08 mins]

Game #25- Persona 4 Dancing All Night (PSVita) | 10/19/2015 [18 hours 54 mins]

Z9d2r4j.jpg

Game #26- Undertale (PC) | 10/21/2015 [7 hours]

Game #??- Final Fantasy Record Keeper (iOS) | [10+ hours]

Template (for myself)-

Game #- () | //2015 [ hours mins]

http://i.imgur.com/FTSG9lj.jpg (working on the game so keeping this here so I can use it when I finish it :p)

In Progress:

PC
-Naracissu 2nd

3DS
-Dual Destinies
-Happy Home Designer

I'll give this a shot too.

Game 1: The Binding of Isaac Rebirth | January 1st - January 6th (30 hours)
I've reached a point where I could give it a completion even though I'll probably keep playing it for months to come. Amazing game with an endless stream of possible runs, and probably one of the most addicting roguelikes I've played to date.

Game 2: To the Moon | January 7th (3 hours)

Game 3: Paranautical Activity | January 8th (2 hours)

Game 3: Hard Reset | January 9th (3 hours)

Game 4: Civilization 5 | January 10th (5 hours)

Game 5: Euphoria | January 12th (5 hours)

Game 6: WWE Immortals | January 18th (5 hours)

daveo42

Banned
Game 1: Broken Age: Part 1 - 3h53min | Started: 1/1/15 - Completed: 1/2/15

First game of the year down! After just starting this, I was sad to realize I missed out on such a fun, interesting game when it first came out months ago. I was highly interested in what it offered well before launch and had backed it during its initial kickstarter run. Glad to finally have gotten around to it. Short, but really rewarding for the time spent.

Initial post and running total here.

GLuigi

Finished pretty early last year.I feel pretty confident that i will be able to do it again this year.

Game #1: Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS) - 83 Hours (About 20ish hours was done in late December)
Finished the P3 route. At first, I wasn't too sure if I would like this game since I wasn't the biggest Etrian Odyssey fan. My only experience with Etrian Odyssey was IV but i stopped in the middle of playing after losing interest. After 5 hours in, I was completely addicted. The game does a great job with adding Persona to the Etrian Odyssey formula, and it just felt like an easier Etrian Odyssey game. My only complaints about the game are just minor ones: More room to hold more personas, fighting F.O.Es usually consists of using the same strategy, and one floor in the 4th dungeon that was absolutely terrible. Still, really solid game that I highly recommend. I might give EO IV another go someday.
Also that battle theme is so good.

Game #2: ZombiU (Wii U) - 14 Hours
This has got to be my 2nd favorite Wii U launch title. I really love the idea that any zombie is capable of finishing you off with one bite, it allows the game to be able to bring another way it can make you feel fear without having to resort to relying on jump scares. I also like the fact that the game also has permadeath and that you have to start over the mission as a new character, but you are actually able to find your old character and get your stuff back by killing them. Still, I feel the pain every time I have to start over using a non-upgraded pistol. Aside from a few rough edges, ZombiU is a great game and I do hope a sequel comes out someday.

Game #3: The Walking Dead (PC) - 17 Hours
I already played this game last year on the Vita , but the stuttering on the Vita version annoyed me enough to just hop on over to the PC version. For this playthrough, I decided to make a few different decisions such as:
Saving Doug, which I actually enjoyed a lot more than having Carly around. Saving Ben at the end of Episode 4, which im actually happy that it resulted in Ben and Kenny finally talking it out about their problems. Also I decided to let Clementine decide on her own on what to do with Lee at the end of the game since i was curious to see what she would do.
Anyways the connecting problems that the PC version has actually annoyed me more than the stuttering on the Vita. Since I already have Season 2 on PC, I might as well tough it out. Anyways, here's hoping that Season 2 will be just as good!

Game #4: The Walking Dead: Season Two (PC) - 8 Hours
Hey, no connection problems this time around! While it was a pretty good game on it's own, I feel like this wasn't as great as Season 1. I had to get readjusted with the controls due to the game no longer using the mouse wheel to choose your actions.
Season Two does a great job with delivering a strong into and ending, but it was the second half of the game that wore me out fast. Basically, the second half of season two becomes "Kenny and his boat" all over again with Wellington, Ohio being the boat. I decided to shoot Kenny at the end so I don't have to deal with his shenanigans if season three ever becomes a thing. The different endings this time around was a nice addition, gives the game a tiny amount of replay value

Game #5: Symphony (PC) - 11 Hours
I really wanted to like Symphony. It started out as a great music based shump game, but later turned into frustration during the last legs of the game. Like Beat Hazard, the game takes your music and uses it to generate enemy patterns. After finishing a song, you unlock a random weapon or item pick up that you can add to your ship. During the easier difficulties the game runs fine and you are having a great time. I noticed that during the two hardest difficulty, the game becomes really unstable. I had constant crashing, controls not working properly sometimes (and usually causes my ship to blow up), and random pausing. It doesn't help that it gets really hard to see anything when there are so many things going on in the screen. Anyways, I kept my perseverance and finally finished it. This will probably be one of the first games to be uninstalled if I ever need more room on my HDD.

Game #6: Final Fantasy III (DS) - 42 Hours
Decided to give this game another playthough (and probably the last time) since i saw that i was really close in completing the Beistary in my playthrough last year. The only enemies I missed were some of the ones in the sea, that were missable after upgrading the ship. Finished the game with a 100% Bestiary and item completion. This time around I finished with a party of the following: Ninja, Geomancer, Devout, and Magus. I actually enjoyed the game a lot more during this playthrough, but mostly because the boss fights were still fresh in mind so I was able to prepare my party accordingly. Anyways, I'm excited to move on to FFV.

Game #7: Citizens of Earth (3DS) - 22 Hours
Best way to describe this game is a low tier Earthbound game. Honestly, this could of been a decent game that brings back some of the great gameplay elements from Earthbound and sort of builds upon it. Right away, I was overwhelmed with the amount of potential party members they show you right off the bat. I couldn't wait to start recruit each and every one of them. Unfortunately, what made me wish the game to end quickly is the amount of bugs and crashes i encountered while playing it. Sort of got fed up, and just tried to finish the game as quickly as possible. At its current state, I can't really recommend to give it a try. (At least until a patch goes up)

Game #8: Earthbound (Wii U VC) - 29 Hours
I forgot I had this on my Wii U from last year's Club Nintendo Elite status rewards. This was my 2nd time playing through the game (first time was a couple years back and it was love at first sight). Second time around, I still love it as much as the first time. Earthbound is just one of those games where you just sit back and enjoy the journey I can never get tired of the rolling HP meter, I wish more games used it. I also learned something new this time around, when one of your party member's HP goes to 0 and you defeat the enemy before the "party member has fainted" message comes out, that party member's HP goes back to 1. Maybe one of these days, I will take the time to complete the game 100%.

Game #9: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (3DS) - 20 Hours
I thought i would dislike the new sprites, but I didn't think they were that bad. Sure, some of the episode specific characters looked really off, but for the most part I didn't think it was that bad. The sprites in Case 5 looked really good, although that's cause the sprites used there were more recently made. Its weird to see how calm Phoenix is in the earlier cases compared to the rest of the trilogy. I need to go back and check out some scenes in the original game, I don't remember Gumshoe having a picture of Maggie in his locker or that french cafe in AA3 being on the flier, that Gumshoe gives to Edgeworth, being there in the first place. Anyways, its a pretty good port, and can't wait to play the other games again.

Game #10: Spec Ops: The Line (PC) - 7 Hours
Not so great game, but a really good experience. The game does what it sets out to do and that is to make the player uncomfortable. I was not too thrilled about the gameplay. The cover system was a bit of pain to work with. I was mostly annoyed how you needed to be looking at the place you want to take cover at in order to do the cover action. The cover prompt does not work if you are looking over or to the side of the place does not work, which I tend to do to make sure i keep track of anyone trying to flank. I keep find myself just standing there once i get to a wall and take the time to look at it just so I can take cover. That usually ends up me taking a few bullets and leaving me near death. On the plus side, I do appreciate being able to tell my teammates to focus their fire at a particular target (even if sometimes they take all the time in the world to start firing at them). The game shines the most with its characters and storytelling. I enjoyed seeing the unsettling changes in the tone of the game as it went on (especially the loading screens), and was always wanting to play more to see what happens next.

Game #11: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice For All (3DS) - 20 Hours
I always have mixed feelings playing this game as it has both my favorite and least favorite case in the entire series, but overall its still an enjoyable game. Every time I play this I always get stuck on cases 2 and 4 trying to trigger every flag in order to get out of the investigation portion of the game. Some quick notes about the trilogy collection, would of been nice to have a dialogue log added to each game and it would be more beneficial for the collection to start off with the game you last have a save with.

Game #12: Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Trials and Tribulations (3DS) - 20 Hours
My favorite game out of the trilogy. Its always fun to look at Phoenix's past and seeing a younger Mia Fey in action. It felt like the courtroom segments were a lot challenging then the first two games, but the investigation parts were a breeze (except for the last case). Not really much I can say about it since the gameplay is the same as always, but it really was a great way to end the trilogy.

Game #13: Sequence (PC) - 14 Hours
At first I was a little skeptical about having 3 separate arrow lanes in a rhythm game, I thought it would just end up being a train wreck for me. And it was like that for the first few battles I played, but after that it all clicked for me. If you are pretty familiar with rhythm games, I do recommend starting out in medium to get used to swtiching between the three lanes and then switch it to hard before finishing floor 3. Having some RPG elements, i thought I would have to run into some serious grinding near the end game, but thankfully it never really came to that. Each floor always have one battle that gives a generous amount of exp. The only pain was finding rare items for crafting, but its not necessary to make every item in the game.

Soundtrack is fantastic, I gotta buy Ronald Jenkees album one of these days. The writing in the game is pretty funny most of the time, had a few good laughs here and there. Highly recommended, worth the full price.

Game #14: Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS Vita) - 14 Hours
This game was a little nice surprise for me. When I picked this up and Codename: S.T.E.A.M, I thought I would be playing Codename Steam a lot more. As it turns out, it became the opposite.

Its a tough game to recommend, as there is so many things that can turn a player off from the game . For starters, the tutorial is probably the biggest learning curve in the game. At first glance it seems like a normal turn-based SRPG, but you and the enemy move at the same time. So you pretty much have to predict where the enemy is going to be and line up your attacks. I kept failing the tutorial battle a couple times, before I was able to get it down. Second, there is a lot of gameplay stuff that is not explained in the manual. It took me a few chapters to realize that you could do free battles to grind. The "Sensory Input" system in the visual novel part of the game takes some time to get used to. Overall, it just takes awhile to settle into the game.

I did enjoy the battle system, it felt pretty rewarding whenever I was able to corner a ghost, or successfully predict where the ghost going to be whenever it was a one on one fight. Although, I did find the game a little too easy for the most part. The way I leveled up my main character, I was able to pretty much one shot everything and was pretty much be able to receive almost no damage whenever i was attacked. It wasn't until the last 5 chapters, where enemies took more than one hit and did a dent on my HP. Also, I never used any items or traps in the game, the only thing i would put up are EMP scanners that allowed me to see what was going on ahead.

Game #15: Battlefield: Hardline (PC) - 17 Hours

It took me about 8 hours to do single player campaign, the rest was playing multiplayer. Starting off with the single player campaign, i enjoyed it more than I thought I would. The first few chapters were pretty bland. If you can slog through the 3rd chapter, it gets a little more interesting. Doing stealth felt awkward at first since its faster to just shoot everyone up, but it becomes more useful towards the end of the game.

Multiplayer has been pretty fun so far. The only two modes I played a lot are Blood Money and Heist. Conquest on here doesn't seem like a great time, so I will probably just stick with BF4 for that.

Game #16: There Came An Echo (PC) - 4 Hours
I had a pretty good time with this game, it does a good job of immersing you into a "Commander" role. Pretty impressed with the voice controls, most of time it was able to recognize the commands I say. The only times it wouldn't recognize my words would be when I was slurring my words near the end of the game because my mouth was tired. from talking. I also had to change some of my custom commands, saying "Fox" would sometimes be translated to "Pause". My only big complaint would be that there should be more places to put your units in. I noticed some areas where I would of liked to put one of my guys, but couldn't because there was no marker to direct them to that particular place.

Anyways pretty fun game that doesn't overstay its welcome. Don't expect the voice controls to be perfect, but it does its job well.

Game #17 Code Name: S.T.E.A.M (3DS) - 32 Hours
When this game got first announced, I was all over it. Intelligence Systems making a game akin to Valkryia Chronicles was like a dream. Although what it did turned out to be for me was a bit of a bumpy ride. At first, I had a really hard time getting into it. The enemy's turn felt a little bit too long for me to the point where I could only stand to play one map per session. (Although a patch is coming to speed that up) It also felt that the game was using (what seemed to be) an endless amount of enemy reinforcement as a crutch for difficulty for the first half of the game. I remember in a map in chapter 4 where I had to restart because I was stuck in a stalemate and couldn't finish the objective because the enemy kept spawning way too many reinforcements.

It wasn't until I started to unlock more of the cast when I started to get really into the game. Having the cast being made up of characters from American literature is pretty neat. Just having the options to use different teams depending on the situation made the game for me. Overall its a decent game that could of been a lot better with a few tweaks.

Game #18: Pillars of Eternity (PC) - 40 Hours
Played on Normal, ended up skipping most of the side quests during the last act (whcih could of easily added another 10 hours to my total gameplay time) since I wanted to move on to other games. I plan on finishing those once I completed this challenge.

This is game is flat out amazing. From the art, to the lore, to the character customization and etc. just everything about it is something to praise about. My favorite part of the game is just emphasis on exploration. Not being able to see all of my surroundings whenever I walk into a new area, I had a blast just taking the time to look every corner of the map and being excited for what kind of enemies comes at me next.

I wasn't the biggest fan on how endurance had its own lifebar. What happen when your endurance runs out is that character becomes knocked out for the rest of the battle and can't come back until the fight is done or you do a revive spell. Although over time I got over it when I had better strategies to maintain everyone's endurance. I also would like to see more side quests that becomes available as a result of your actions in an earlier side quest. There was only one side quest that did that and it happened to be my favorite one. I was pleased to see that your actions in some of the side quests being mentioned in the overall plot

This game will easily take a spot in my favorite games of 2015, can't recommend this enough.

Game #19: Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4) - 29 Hours

I keep going back and forth between liking and disliking the game. On one hand, I like the combat. Feels like a simplified Kingdom Hearts game, in which i had a fun time timing my attacks so I can do some serious damage. The range of characters you get to play made it so that the combat never gets boring, but made it a little messy when trying to keep everyone around the same level. There are some RTS sections that really felt terrible to play, but fortunately you are not required to play these sections in order to progress the main story. Really, I only bought the game because of the select few songs that were featured in TFF: Curtain Call, and the rest of the soundtrack was fantastic.

In between missions you have some down time to hang out with your classmates or explore the world and do some side quests. I always found this time to be boring and tedious. The way the main hub is structured can be a pain to navigate if you need to run around the area. Some places can only be accessed through a big portal in the middle of the place and if you need to access another area that needs the big portal, you have to go back into a portal and then use the big portal again to go where you need to go. It would of been easier to be able to jump from one place to another directly without having to go back and forth.

Also another thing i disliked was how it felt like I was missing a lot of information to enjoy the story. Mostly it was because the main story doesn't really explain why some characters stop showing up. It turns out that you have to look through the records/bestiary in order to get some closure for some characters. Also there are a ton of side quests that i missed out on, either because you are not able to fit everything you want to do during your down time due to a time limit ( which only counts down whenever you hang out with a classmate, leave the main hub, or doing an expert trial) or the sidequest was just something you have to stumble upon.

Really it takes more than one play through to experience everything, and I have a feeling I will enjoy it a lot more on my second run.

Game #20: One Piece: Romance Dawn (3DS) - 39 Hours

Its been awhile since I felt my soul draining away while playing something. Its such a bland, boring game that I'm surprised that I had enough patience to finish it.

The battle system could of been alright but it really needed more depth. Battling sort of works like an action RPG, but it pauses after every hit so you can choose which attacks to use next. It also penalizes you if you moved too far from your original position, moving past a certain line penalizes you by making your character wait 10% more, moving past a second line beyond the first one prevents your character from using skills, items, or the ability to run away from the fight on the next turn. Although the game is so easy that you can just ignore the penalties and just win boss fights just by using your regular attack

The game covers a lot of arcs from the series (up to the Marineford arc), but you only get to play the critical moments of each arc. The game's pace is probably the worst thing about the game. For the most part, your going through cutscenes while the games just briefly summarizes the story , in each arc, leading up to the final fight. They are basically cramming in like 2-3 volumes of the manga into a series of cutscenes before you actually get to do anything People familiar with the series will be disapointed with the way how the game leaves out characters that could of been potential bosd fights and newcomers of the series will be confused with why characters show up with no introduction whatsoever.

Game #21: Chain Chronicle (Android) - 24 Hours (Estimated)

First F2P game I ever finished, didn't think it would ever happen.

Really fun bite-sized RPG/Tower Defense hybrid game. I had a bad track F2P games and it was nice to finally find one that didn't force you to fork over some cash (Although I did spend a few bucks every now and then through Google Rewards, which gives you credit for the Play Store by answering surveys). The stamina/energy part always felt fair, I was always able to progress in one way or another (i.e. leveling up a character or upgrading a weapon every time I played. As a F2P player, I'm

The most impressive part is how much content is packed into the game. All the characters you unlock have a side story quest to do which can lead to unlocking a skill for that character or give you premium currency. Each character is voiced and a variety of different character art style due to different artist working on them. There is always an event going on that gives out decent rewards. As a F2P I was still able to get some really good characters from events.

Now that I'm done with the main story, I can focus more on the extra side quests and events. I hope they announce when version 2 is coming out.

Game #22: Final Fantasy V (PS1) - 37 Hours

This game has my favorite Final Fantasy job system so far. Being able to level up jobs and be able to carry skills over to the next job you switch to made it really fun to play around with. I also appreciate getting all the jobs pretty early in the game, it gives enough time to find out which jobs feels right. This also allows you to be flexible and be able to use a numerous amount of different strategies you can use against bosses. Because of this, I will definitely want to play through the game again using classes I haven't used in my first play through and see how that goes.

I do recommend playing different port of this game if you can. A few times the game would freeze randomly during scenes. Although you can get it to keep the game running easily, but its just an annoyance that seems to happen on the version thats on PSN. Anyways, im kind of sad that my journey with this game is over, but I really enjoyed every minute of it.

Game #23: Resident Evil: Revelations 2 (PS4) - 9 Hours
This game does a way better job at being a survival horror than "Revelaitons". Game benefited a lot with having partner characters this time around. I haven't played Co-op that much, but from what I experience it was pretty fun. While the first player is going around taking care of zombies, the second player is usually trying to find hidden items or helping out slowing down a horde of zombies (i.e Moira using her flashlight, or Natialia using bricks)

Each episode was short and sweet. Although, episode 3 sort of dragged on a bit for both pairs. While Barry and Natalia are basically backtracking through Claire and Moira's areas, they did pretty good job changing the level up to make it feel different. I also do like the fact that the things you do in Claire's episode will affect the level in Barry's. And yes, definitely get the good ending, so many good one liners.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Post claiming time! An its #386!? Hoenn confirmed?? I dunno about that but I do know that Marble Zone... you really are the worst!

Game 01 | Sonic The Hedgehog
• 01/01/15 to 01/01/15
• 1 hour, 25 minutes
I can beat this with way less effort then when I was lil but ya know some innocence has been lost when ya look at a situation in the game an see jerkish mean-spirited setups while taking a hit/death! The games full of such moments but its a got a buncha nice moments to. All of the boss fights are pretty good and Starlight Zone is still dreamy! Still a solid game ta pickup an play every now an again.

Game 02 | Sonic The Hedgehog 2
• 01/03/15 to 01/03/15
• 1 hour, 34 minutes
Poor Emerald Hill looks just like Green Hill with similar baddies an all its got no identity of its own. I admit ta save scumming the final vertical climb of Metropolis 3 and the final boss cause both of those things can go to hell >_> Even so I'm surprised this took only 10 minutes longer then the original since it always feels like a much longer game! Everything up to Metropolis 3 is pretty easy. I mean Oil Ocean sucks but its not like super difficult. Sky Chase & Wing Fortress are real good to so its just a couple of sore spots that always bring me down on this game an that's a shame! btw why at the start of the end credits does it say "Sonic 2 cast of characters" then just rolls the dev credits? I wanna know who all the characters in the game were!!

Game 03 | Sonic The Hedgehog 3
• 01/05/15 to 01/05/15
• 1 hour, 25 minutes
Best of the Genesis Sonic games right here! Still love the way they upped the presentation by having one level go right into the next! All the levels and bonus stages are memorable and I gots lil ta not like about 'em. Theres a much higher speed to slow section ratio so Sonic finally delivers on the idea of being super fast game an all that!

Game 04 | Project X Zone
• 01/09/15 to 01/19/15
• 53 hours, 25 minutes
I've beaten PXZ twice before but this time was the first on NG+! Stronger baddies, lower exp gains, all items/equips from the last game carry over... hey it didn't feel any more difficult at all! The nonsense story and few levels they reused three times can't stop me from liking it! Cause the fanservice, animation, music, an super addictive gameplay always keeps me going strong!

Game 05 | Sonic 3D Blast
• 01/19/15 to 01/24/15
• 1 hour, 51 minutes
Sonic+Flicky+Isometric "3D" gameplay = ??? Dunno who or why anyone thought this made for a good combination but overall its not terrible? I learned quickly that jumping into non-Eggman baddies is a bad idea and that a simple roll is the safest way to tackle 'em. Levels 2 & 3 were really bad and general platforming is kinda hard but those are the most negative things I can think of. The music is great! And if ya can get past the bad levels, 4 - 7 feel less mazey, less long, and less painful as in not bad really. The last level is pretty cool btw. Not to sure if/when I'd play through it again but there was an still is some fun to be had with it.

Game 06 | Flicky
• 01/24/15 to 01/24/15
• 5 minutes
Obviously after playing a game with lotsa Flickys I had ta go back an play plain ol' Flicky! I beat my previous high score by a good chunk and when it comes ta arcade style games thats all that counts! The games super cute and ya just wanna save all the chicks at once which leads to lotsa mistakes and silly deaths!

Game 07 | Sonic Adventure
• 01/28/15 to 01/30/15
• 9 hours, 6 minutes ("7 hours, 8 minutes") *
S -> K -> B -> A -> G -> T -> ? seemed like a good ordered balance between regular platforming an other gameplay styles in the game! Picked up all the character upgrades along the way cause why not. Sonic's levels are the most fun and also the most bullshit! The camera hates ya with all the characters but its worst with him, and he's the most glitchiest -.-; Knuckles I got really lucky with shard locations, each level was under 3 minutes! Froggy is like pretty much always at the start of the level so his stuff was no prob. Amy is slow and has kinda a bad attack range and constantly being chased... so her levels are cool by me. Shame there's only 3 of 'em. Love the touch in the Twinkle Park mirror rooms if ya have a shield your reflections won't which helps show you which "Amy" you should be tracking! Other than walls and bosses you can go through all of Gamma's levels without shooting a thing which is pretty neat! Tails got lots neat shortcuts through levels Sonic can't take... its to bad the camera really hates him to cause it makes taking them hard! ? has like zero gameplay besides the final boss who is a big jerk. The people of Station Square have pretty screwed up lives... there's lady stalking the burger shop guy, a little girl perpetually waiting for her dad to return, a gambling addicted mom leaving her son on the streets alone at night, and a cheating man who's got 2 girlfriends an even says Amy'll have to wait her turn! wtf.

Game 08 | Sonic Adventure 2
• 01/30/15 to 01/31/15
• 4 hours, 49 minutes ("4 hours, 28 minutes") *
No cutscene run! Gotta skip 'em all cause they're bad and cause in this game you can! ...Except for the in-level ones. Gonna say right away that the Tails/Eggman levels are the worst an there is zero fun to be derived from them an anyone that claims otherwise stinks! I had no luck in the hunting levels for Rogue but Knuckles went by pretty quickly, I still like their gameplay. I think outside of White Jungle that Shadows levels kinda suck but Sonics are all around really fun not including Crazy Gadget. This games obviously super rushed an unfinished cause the variety in environments, objects, level design is gone >.<

Game 09 | Sonic Advance
• 02/04/15 to 02/04/15
• 1 hour, 15 minutes
This might be the ultimate dick Sonic game cause everythings perfectly positioned to hit/kill you! Plus the special stages are both impossible to find and to do! And the "familiar" regular levels scream rehash. I played as Tails thinking if I can fly I at least wouldn't fall in pits but was way wrong about that lol. His flying is so sluggish and awful feeling that I kinda wished I'd played as anyone but him! Sonic Advance was never far up my list of liked Sonic games but I question why I ever put so much time into it in the past x_x

Game 10 | Sonic Advance 2
• 02/06/15 to 02/06/15
• 1 hour
If anyone ever said a Sonic game was "hold right to awesome" they were prolly talking about this one and they are right. An if you're like me and choose Cream well... you'll certainly Cheese everything very easily! But I gotta go with her on the principle that this games bosses completely blow. They're all non-stop-chase bosses which are just an obnoxious pain in the butt! The levels are almost all pretty cool however and Techno Base is one of the coolest looking Sonic levels like ever!

Game 11 | Sonic Rush
• 02/11/15 to 02/11/15
• 1 hour, 59 minutes
Playing as Blaze sucks but I wanted ta give her some love cause she is one of the better friends. Her first level alone killed me like 9 times on a chased by a giant ball part an I dunno why. Don't wanna call it bugged but doing the same thing each attempt would result in death 7 outta 10 tries. Anyways I love this games soundtrack and levels but wow did it suck ta see how rusty I was at the game. I used ta be able to get through most of them with very few deaths an even alil style but not so this time through! Lotsa people hate all the insta-death pits within and I can't blame 'em but when you learn the levels they're really amazing to blaze through, death free!

Game 12 | Sonic Rush Adventure
• 02/15/15 to 02/15/15
• 1 hour, 15 minutes
I'm give Rush Adventure some more credit then I have in the past. Its levels are largely cool and rarely jerks. Its also got some of the best bosses in any Sonic game if ya ask me! They're pretty self-explanatory and fun to fight! The musics abit of a step down but w/e there's still good tunes and the graphics are a good deal nicer. Kinda recall the story sucking but I didn't have to deal with it since I just went through the levels & bosses!

Game 13 | Sonic Generations
• 02/21/15 to 02/21/15
• 2 hours, 19 minutes
Bet a good chunk of that time was load times. Seriously the load times suck! Jumping as either version of Sonic feels weird and the bosses... I still have no clue how any of 'em are supposed to work barring the main DC-era one. The levels are very huge and friendly cause almost each time I thought I was gonna fall into a pit, nope just into a lower part of the level! Still think it stinks how 3D Sonic got stuck with a ton or 2D segments in each of his levels, it really gives a poor feel of how 3D levels have come since the Adventure days.

Game 14 | Mega Man
• 03/15/15 to 03/15/15
• 43 minutes
Let the cheating beg... continue! Playing on the Anniversary Collection means I can enable Easy Mode and starting with 5 lives! But ya know what? I still ended up getting game over cause I suck at these games lol. This first MM is super rough around the edges I still like playing it this way however! Normally? Umm... maybe not so much!

Game 15 | Mega Man 2
• 03/16/15 to 03/16/15
• 55 minutes
• The AC's easy mode nerfs this game even harder then the first! Lots, lots less baddies, quick lasers aren't instakills, and Quick Man got killed by 3 crash bombs of all things! I almost felt bad for playing it like this but is all in good fun!

Game 16 | Mega Man 3
• 03/16/15 to 03/16/15
• 1 hour, 3 minutes
• Yay! What I think is my fave MM! The levels really feel distinct an alive compared to the past two games levels! Its harder to I guess cause the e-tank limit was pushed up to 9. Its just a shame like half the special weapons suck (looking at you Top Spin) cause MM2s selection even sans Metal Blade was really good.

Game 17 | Mega Man 4
• 03/17/15 to 03/17/15
• 1 hour, 11 minutes
Weapon selections better but this ones just alil less "cool" then MM3. It has a muuuuch better menu though! But the Rush Jet nerf stinks!

Game 18 | Mega Man: The Power Battle
• 03/17/15 to 03/17/15
• 11 minutes
Boss Rush: The Game! idk why Mega Man can wall jump but it proves useful for dodging attacks and reaching enemies in the air! I failed and Wily got away but thats canon so its no probs! Did Course 1 since it covered the MM's I'd played lately!

Game 19 | Mega Man 5
• 03/18/15 to 03/18/15
• 1 hour, 19 minutes
How'd I get all the Beat parts? I musta blanked out during portions of this game, prolly cause an easy game made even easier = brain shutoff. Its also possible all these MM's are starting to blur together @_@ Using the charge shot here seemed way more effective than the rapid fire button, the Proto Castle bosses sucked cause they were all the same guy, and I lost 9 lives to Wily Stage 1 from getting spiked by ones I couldn't see coming, pits, and crushers x_x

Game 20 | Mega Man 6
• 03/18/15 to 03/18/15
• 1 hour, 13 minutes
I finished this an hour ago an yet remember almost nothing. What'd this game have going for it? I do recall Wily Stage 1 killing me a ton of times here to and... what happened to M tanks and... special items? Maybe this marathons getting to me but I'm sadly not thinking to highly of this one!

Game 21 | Mega Man 7
• 03/20/15 to 03/20/15
• 1 hour, 52 minutes
The arts real nice an a much awaited upgrade over the NES games! All the hidden upgrades scattered around are pretty nice an useful to. But the levels are much longer now and that really bumps up the difficulty, plus the huge sprites makes things much harder to avoid especially in boss rooms. If it weren't for "easy mode" I dunno just how much longer this woulda taken or if I'd even be able ta beat it at all x.x

Game 22 | Mega Man 8
• 03/22/15 to 03/22/15
• 3 hours, 32 minutes
This shoulda been shorter, much much shorter but I'd forgotten the secret to winning the autoscrolling section of Wily 1 (always stay as close to the left side of the screen as possible!!!!!!) so it kinda took me 40 minutes on that alone >_>; Then I game over'd to its boss then I had trouble with the grapple hook section despite breezing through it on my first pass. Anyways this game still rates pretty darn highly for me! Cool weapons, cool powerups, exploration instead of grinding for bolts, and a super nice continue system! The levels are longer now but they've got checkpoints so if you make it to one and game over you don't have to redo the whole stage from the start! And finally a boss refight room which doesn't suck!

Game 23 | Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters
• 03/22/15 to 03/22/15
• 17 minutes
For whatever reason this one was alil tougher then the first. Mega Man still prevailed however! What I dun get is how they made Duo a playable character but had no MM8 boss masters!

Game 24 | Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity: Episode 1
• 01/20/15 to 05/14/15
• 10 hours, 40 minutes
Heyyyy a rerun from last year! 'cept back then I played it in english and my character was at a much higher level so I had a super easy time! Skipped all the story this time around to. Being better at the game an having the Infinity stat rebalances an new skills really helped me beat this alot better then my first time through! The story missions are still real good an so is the gameplay!

Game 25 | .hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth
• 05/15/15 to 05/27/15
• 12 hours, 19 minutes
Now that was a speedy playthrough?! Starting at L35 sets ya up for easily plowing through over 2/3rds of the game! This was my first time using this feature an boy was it cools! Unfortunately this is still Rebirth so the gameplay still suffers more then the others an the storys really not that great. Basically Endrance: The Game an the pay off even for thats not there. Still I had fun not needing ta grind obnoxiously long battles and areas an just have fun!

Game 26 | Final Fantasy VII
• 06/09/15 to 06/26/15
• 53 hours, 42 mintues
Another rerun from last year, cause well I play this game every year! For the first time in a while I didn't rush through the game an instead spent plenty of time grinding, talking to peeps, collecting stuff, doing loads of optional stuff including Chocobo breeding & WEAPON slaying! This games still the best!

Total Playtime: 170 hours, 46 minutes

27 - ??

* according the in-game timer which obviously doesn't count cutscenes, etc.

Bii

YyKRhu6.jpg

Game 2 – Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance (PC) (Started in 2014)
Bad-to-okay music, bad camera, and a bad story. The combat was alright, but there were sections that I absolutely hated. I didn’t like it.

Main post.

Hmm. Was going to start this game sometime later this year after getting the game for just $5. I think I'll still play it though.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

1. Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS (3DS): 32:05 total, 30:01 in 2014, Jan. 1st.
I was trying to finish this last year, but I suppose it's a good thing I didn't since the other thread was locked too soon anyway. I'm honestly sort of disappointed in the 3DS version. It feels like it's lacking in content. There doesn't really feel like there's as much content as Melee, even. There could have been more variety in the stages available for the game (since a good quarter or more of the stages seemed to be based around Mario games), there could have been a wider variety of characters, and there could have been a wider variety in the music. It seems like the Wii U version fixes that last problem, shoving as much music into that version as possible. I also got really bored by it much faster than the previous three iterations, but I had way more fun after putting it down for a while and coming back to it. Some of the new arrivals like Shulk, Pac-Man, and Mega Man are really fun to play as, especially Shulk, though Captain Falcon is still my main. I've got mixed feelings on the new stages. Guar Plain could have been so much more than it was, for example. Mute City is pretty great, though. I should specify that I'm considering it beaten because I did all of the first two panels/pages of challenges and some of the third panel's/page's. I dunno, I mean I still had a lot of fun with Smash 3DS, and it's still a great game, but it just feels like it could have been so much more.

2. Valiant Hearts: The Great War (PC): 5:33, Jan. 3rd.
Valiant Hearts really ended up being emotionally moving for me, and I honestly didn't expect it to. A few people here and there mentioned that Baron Von Dorf kind of made the story less engaging as he was kind of a gag character, but I really didn't experience that problem. It came off as being part of a balance between silliness and the grim reality of war that the game strove to portray. There were definitely some silly, fun moments in the game, but there were more than enough moments where the story focused on the horrors of WWI to make up for that. I honestly think that presenting the game as a puzzle adventure style game really worked to its favor, since it gives the game less focus on killing enemies (though there are moments where it's hard to day that the characters you play as aren't responsible for killing others) while still forcing the different characters to face dangers like chlorine gas, trench warfare, etc. and shines the spotlight on actually helping people, especially civilians. Most of the puzzles are pretty basic, but it doesn't feel like that hurts the game, for me at least. Most of the characters are well written, especially Anna and Emile, which makes the emotional weight of the story even heavier towards the end. The visual style is pretty fantastic, and works surprisingly well with WWI as the game's backdrop, considering how beautiful it can be at times. If you haven't played it yet, I definitely recommend it.

3. Gold Rush! Classic (PC): 3:38, Jan. 6th.
As it's a Sierra PnC adventure game from 1988, it kind of shows it's age in a lot of ways. It's also the first game where I resorted to using a guide to finish in a while because of that. Other than the aged visuals and rather sparse sound (which generally only plays when you accomplish something or die), the main feature that stands out as being really telling of its age is its text parser. There are a lot of instances where you'll probably ask "how was I supposed to know that I had to type 'x' into the parser?" in Gold Rush. What you're required to type into the text parser can be really vague at times, too. If that along the lack of background sound and the basic visuals sound off putting to you, you probably won't like Gold Rush. But if you can get past that, and don't mind being confused and lost at times, you might find something to like about it. The time to beat it that I have listed above is technically one and a half playthroughs since I had to restart (I didn't have a very important item that you could get in the first part of the game, so I had to fully restart). The neat thing about Gold Rush is that there are three different paths you can take to get to California. I chose the Oregon Trail route for the first time, and the Panama route the second time around. While the routes to get to California are the only real differences between full playthroughs, it's still a neat little feature that helps you learn a bit about history in 1848 and pioneers, all of that fun stuff. The only other main problem that I have with it are the random instant deaths that happen for no reason. I had to reload multiple times, for example, on the Oregon Trail route because I fell off a raft and was infected with cholera, neither of which you can prevent and happen randomly. I personally don't think the game has aged that well, but if you're into old games like this, or have nostalgia for it, you might get some enjoyment out of it. There's also a remake of the game that I intend to play at some point, so there's that too.

4. Sonic Adventure DX (PC): 8:03, Jan. 6th.
I know a lot of people say that it's better to leave this game in the past, but I got as part of a cheap Humble Bundle so I figured I'd play it again just for the nostalgia. Turns out that those people are right; Sonic Adventure is a game that has aged poorly. The camera is completely awful at times, and ended up leading to a few deaths due to the randomly switching camera angles. One neat little tidbit of information that I missed in the past was that Sega straight up included a character that mentions the camera and brushes it off like it's nothing, which just implies that the development team knew how janky the camera could be at times. Sonic's levels play fine, but going too fast can cause the camera to go out of control, which kind of defeats the whole point of playing as Sonic. I still think that some of Sonic's levels are great, though. Amy's levels are so pointless that they're basically filler thrown in for no good reason. Big's levels aren't as bad as I remembered them being, surprisingly. I think that remembering where Froggy was in each level probably made Big's story less painful than it was the first time playing through it, though. Big was also frustrating to control, more so than the other characters. Gamma's levels are really short, but not terrible. Levels where you play as Tails are some of the best in the game since you can skip huge parts of the levels by flying. Knuckles' levels are another high point, since the emerald radar detects every emerald shard instead of only detecting one at a time (I honestly don't know why Sega made that mechanic worse in SA2). I just really feel like the game would have benefitted by cutting down on filler content and focused only on Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles. Instead of reusing parts of levels for characters that aren't really important, more levels where you play as Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles could have been included.

Other than that, the game's aged poorly in terms of visuals, which should be expected. There are points in some of the levels where you can easily see the edges of the skyboxes, which always bothers me. The music is mostly great, outside of a few forgettable tracks like Big's theme. The story line is okay, I guess. At least it leads to a cool boss fights, though the final boss was way easier to beat than I remembered it being. Overall, I just can't recommend going back to the game, even with all the nostalgia in the world. Sonic Adventure, even SA DX, hasn't held up well at all.

5. Sherlock Holmes: Crimes & Punishments (PC): 9:41, Jan. 8th.
Another game that really surprised me with its level of quality, I went in with low expectations for Crimes & Punishments because the only other Sherlock Holmes game I've ever played was pretty bad. This was honestly an impulse buy during the Steam Winter Sale and the only things I knew of beforehand were featured in the game's E3 trailer. The trailer makes the game's different cases seem more connected than they end up being. Each case's prologue usually has a small section that tries to bridge events between each other, and some of them work better than others. Most of the cases are self contained and don't affect the background plot. Fortunately, each case has multiple endings, with wrong deductions included, leading to some variety. The downside is that it's usually easy to figure out the case's real ending as long as you constantly explore everything and talk to everyone. Most of the puzzles and minigames are easy as well; some are tedious, but certainly not difficult. There's enough variety in the minigames to keep the game from ever becoming too stale. You can also interrogate characters, and sometimes you'll end up in sequences where you either have to ask the right question or give the right answer. Just like the puzzles, these segments are mostly easy. As long as you explore and collect all of the evidence possible, you'll be able to choose the right thing, as seen here.

The music isn't that memorable, but it fits the mood of the game and it's used at the right times. It's pretty okay visually. If you like older Sherlock Holmes short stories, you'll probably get some enjoyment out of this (one of the segments is actually an adaptation of one of Conan Doyle's stories, so there's that).

6. Crow (PC): 2:03, Jan. 11th.
I'm mostly indifferent in regards to how I feel about Crow. It's pretty decent for an iOS port, and looks good for a port too. I still feel like it would control better on an iTouch/etc. than on PC, though that's not to say the PC controls are bad. The controls are okay after you get used to them. The music's pretty decent (I can't find any examples on youtube though, so none of the usual links), and the soundtrack comes with the game, which is always a nice touch. It's really short, though it has at least two endings based on sparing or cursing bosses, so there's a little replayability. Seriously, that's all I can think of to mention. Crow has a unique set up but it's forgettable.

7. Silence of the Sleep (PC): 6:30 total, 1:20 played in 2014, Jan. 15th.
Typed a bit more than usual about Silence of the Sleep in one of the Steam threads. I hope someone noticed it, it's a really great game that deserves more attention. It's definitely in my personal top ten of 2014.

8. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (PC): 28:54, Jan. 17th.
Brotherhood and II remain my favorite entries in the franchise. Replaying Brotherhood reminded me of why I used to like the modern day storyline. Unlike later games, and II to an extent, the modern day part of the timeline isn't shoved down your throat. The introduction and ending segments are the only parts of the game where you even have to bother playing as Desmond. The rift puzzles are actually enjoyable and interesting, and end up being a good way to slowly reveal more about the timeline. Ezio's story suffers from feeling rushed towards the end, with the game jumping to the final battle with Ceasare with barely any set up for it. The combat is still basic, but it's even more refined than it was in II, and the new equipment you can use, like the crossbow, helps to add a little more variety to it. Parachutes are a really nice addition to the game, and it's a shame that Revelations was the last game to feature them. The Romulus Lairs are one of the highlights of the game, and some of the Lairs capture the run-down, decayed, ruined areas that I love in the franchise perfectly. I can't say I'm a fan of including missable Borgia flag collectibles in the Lairs, though, since it just makes collecting them even more tedious. Jespyr Kyd's soundtrack for the game is just as good as II's was. I still don't care about the multiplayer after all these years. So yeah, Brotherhood still holds up for me.

9. Bioshock (PC): 12:42, Jan. 22nd.
Despite being out for years, the events of the first Bioshock have never been spoiled for me, and I'm sort of glad that they weren't. The narrative is mostly good, though I'm not a big fan of the finale of the game. Everything is surprisingly atmospheric, and looking out into the abyss of the sea provokes a sense of wonder. It's somewhat rare for me to get as immersed in the world of a game like I was with Bioshock. The surrounding lore is great, and helps make Rapture even more memorable. On the other hand, I don't really care for the morality system, since it's presented as a black and white morality system based on one series of choices. The first person gameplay really doesn't feel unique to me, even with the inclusion of Plasmids; in a way, it conceptually feels like a Star Wars shooter with Force powers, if that comparison makes sense. At least Bioshock's Plasmids have a better in universe explanation for existence, but that's talking about something else entirely. I also feel like the photography stuff was a little underused and completely pointless at times. The original soundtrack isn't really that memorable, but the use of old 1940s/50s licensed music from groups like the Ink Spots add to the atmospheric feel of game. The final boss isn't that good; I had no trouble defeating the final boss, but it's just a bland experience compared to the rest of the game, even when compared to fighting the Big Daddies. Overall, though, I really enjoyed my time with Bioshock, and it's definitely made me interested in playing the sequels.

10. Sonic Adventure 2 (PC): 8:33, Jan. 26th.
I honestly think that SA2 has held up much better than SA1, especially when comparing Sonic's levels in SA1 to Sonic's and Shadow's levels in SA2. In SA1, the camera was so bad that I felt nervous moving as Sonic, let alone going fast. The camera in 2 still isn't perfect, but it's more agreeable than in 1. I never felt like any of my deaths could be blamed on the camera in 2, whereas that occasionally happened in 1, especially during Sonic's levels. I also feel like the level design for the speed levels in 2 was generally better than in 1, but that's just my opinion; I've heard plenty of people explain why they prefer 1's speed levels (Sonic and Tails) and why some people like 2's speed levels more (Sonic and Shadow). The main problem is that they take up only about a third, maybe a little more, of the game. The levels where you play as Knuckles and Rouge are missing one vital thing to ameliorate the slower pace for their levels: detecting more than one thing at once. This was something that the first Adventure did. You could search for more than one item, usually a fragment of the master emerald, at a time. In 2, you can only search for one item, which can artificially extend the length of the level because you'll probably end up having to backtrack to find a piece that you missed, if you're unlucky. If you're lucky, though, you'll be able to find all of the items relatively quickly, thanks to the randomly spawning nature of the items. It took over 8 minutes for me to finish Pumpkin Hill while it took only around 2 minutes to finish Meteor Herd due to sheer luck, both on the first time, for example. Also, Rouge having jiggle physics is still fucking weird. The third part of the game focuses on the mech levels where you play as Tails and Robotnik, and they completely miss what made Gamma's equivalent levels in 1 pretty okay: they're too long. You could finish most of Gamma's levels in about two minutes or less, whereas you'll spend what feels like forever playing SA2's mech segments. Well, 8-10+ minutes for some stages really isn't forever, but it sure feels like it at times. I feel like the only levels really needed were Sonic's and Shadow's levels, and everything else feels like filler I don't really care about. Just get rid of the Knuckles/Rouge and Tails/Robotnik levels, and the game becomes so much more enjoyable.

On the plus side, the music is pretty great. I prefer it to most of SA1's music, though that's probably because I have more nostalgia for 2. The soundtrack, especially songs for Sonic's and Shadow's levels, tend to stick out in my mind more than the majority of songs from SA1. The game still looks pretty okay too, visually holding up better than SA1. And then, of course, we reach the most important facet of the game: the Chao Garden. I still prefer 2's gardens to 1's, but let's be honest here, both can be pretty addictive to some people like me. I didn't spend as much time in either 1's or 2's gardens as I did when I was younger, but just visiting them made me feel nostalgic. That's pretty much it. I still had some fun with it after all of these years, so that was nice.

11. Sonic the Hedgehog (PC): 1:09, Feb. 1st.
I decided to try and clear a ton of shorter games from my backlog back in February, and while that attempt didn't turn out the way I wanted it to, I started off with the first Sonic game. The only comments I could really make about it all revolve around how Sonic 2 and 3 & Knuckles
and CD
feel less outdated and are better in pretty much every way. The one exception to that is that I still prefer Green Hill Zone to the other opening stages on the Genesis Sonics. I also completely forgot that there were only six emeralds in the first game.

12. Super Mario Land (3DS VC/NES): 0:51, Feb. 6th.
I used to play this as a kid, but never managed to beat due to being even more of a scrub at platformers back then. It felt really good going back and finally finishing SML, even if it felt a little short. For a GB launch title, it's pretty decent, and is definitely worth a playthrough for archival and nostalgic purposes. That said, it's still very flawed, and it's probably one of my least favorite Mario games. SML 2 alone is leagues better than SML 1.

The actual platforming feels a bit floaty and iffy at times, making it difficult to make precise jumps at times. The size ratio between the level and Mario can be a little off putting as well, though I managed to get it used to it after a while. Some gameplay elements, like the exploding koopa shells, are totally different than what one would expect from most Mario games, and also take a while to get used to. The game's short length isn't that surprising when you consider that it's a launch GB title, but it still leaves one wanting more. Despite all of that, it's not really bad, it's just average. The side scrolling, vehicle-based shooter levels, similar to something like Gradius or parts of Salamander, are also a nice little change to the usual formula. The music's pretty good, too.

13. 4PM (PC): 0:26, Feb. 6th.
I love the concept behind walking simulators, and believe that the term really shouldn't have a negative connotation attached to it, but 4PM is another walking simulator that's kind of garbage. It's short, which isn't an inherently negative thing, except 4PM just doesn't have enough content to make its short length feel worthwhile. You're given a loose narrative about an alcoholic woman and a suicidal businessman, and that's pretty much it. There's no depth to it at all, something that damns it since it's based entirely around being a "short, narrative driven game." Interacting with a few objects provided slightly more insight into the player character's life story, but it never did anything for me; I never connected with the story on any level, despite its heavy themes. The gameplay itself is simple, just walking from point a to point b, with one tiny stealth section later on. The whole thing is a very low quality production, though it somehow managed to take up 3 gigs worth of data. I just didn't enjoy my time with it at all.

14-30
31-???

Hmm. Was going to start this game sometime later this year after getting the game for just $5. I think I'll still play it though.

Going a bit off topic here, perhaps, but I'm going to say I feel the opposite about the game.

It's my 2013 GOTY, it was in the running for my 2014 PC/STEAM GOTY and is perhaps my favorite character action game of all time.
I've put over 120 hours into the game between PS3 and PC. I've Platinumed the retail release on PS3 (but never bothered with the DLC for some reason) and then proceeded to 100% the Steam version when it released a year ago.
It's bloody fantastic and absolutely amazeballs.

Mildudon

Let's try this. Time to get into the backlog.

Finished

1. Total War: Shogun 2 - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 238 hours so far
Rating: 9
Start date: April 1st, 2011
End date: January 6th, 2015

2. The Crew - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: N/A
Rating: 8
Start date:January 26th, 2015
End date: February 14th, 2015

3. Lara croft and the guardian of light - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 9 Hours
Rating: 6
Start date: August 28th, 2014
End date: March 23th, 2015

4. Fallout: New Vegas - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 244 Hours
Rating: 9.5
Start date: October 26th, 2010
End date: April 7th, 2015

5. Papers Please - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 6 Hours
Start date: September 15th, 2013
End date: April 11th, 2015

6. Hotline Miami - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 9 Hours
Start date: June 22th, 2013
End date: April 11th, 2015

7. Kane and lynch 2 dog days - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 8 Hours
Rating: 6
Start date: February 19th, 2015
End date: February 23th, 2015

8. This War of Mine - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 13 Hours
Start date: April 11th, 2015
End date: April 12th, 2015

9. Game dev Tycoon - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 13 Hours
Rating: 8.5
Start date: February 1st, 2014
End date: May 12th, 2015

10. Metal Slug 3 - (PC)

header.jpg

Playtime: 2 Hours
Start date: May 14th, 2014
End date: May 14th, 2015

In-Progress

Wasteland 2
Far Cry 4
DMC
Borderlands 2
Alan Wake
Costume Quest 2
Fallout 2

Murray97

Alright this year is gonna be my year.

Finished - 25/52

1. Transistor (PS4)

KhbTiWm.jpg

Rating: 7/10
Start date: May 20th, 2014
End date: January 3rd, 2015

I enjoyed this game when it first launched and played it quite a lot of it but never finished it. Apparently I was really close to the end and only had about 45 minutes left. Great soundtrak and the gameplay is a lot of fun. I can't remember much about the story since I took such a long break before finally finishing it.

2. Counter Strike: Global Offensive (PC)

7YubrQC.jpg

Playtime: 150+ hours so far
Rating: 9/10
Start date: January 1st, 2015
End date: N/A

I might replace this at a later date.

3. Halo: CE Anniversary Edition (XBO)

j4K1VIj.jpg

Rating: 6/10
Start date: January 1st, 2015
End date: January 4th, 2015

I didn't really enjoy this as much as I expected tbh but maybe thats because my expectations were too high for a game this old, the story did interest me but the gameplay just wasn't all that. I was constantly confused if I was just going in circles because of how similar everything looked but I guess that happens when you play a game this old. I've started Halo 2 and I'm finding that a lot better already.

4. GTA V (XBO)

Q9oLXBn.jpg

Playtime: 19 hours & 22 minutes
Rating: 8/10
Start date: November 18th, 2014
End date: January 9th, 2015

I completed this when it was first released on PS3 but I felt like playing through it again since its such an enjoyable game. I love so much about this game, its quite close to possible being my perfect GTA game. The story is great, the shooting is fun and I just love driving around in the country jumping over hills.

5. EA SPORTS UFC (XBO)

tSsyRqM.jpg

Playtime: 15 hours approx.
Rating: 7/10
Start date: 24th December, 2014
End date: 9th January, 2015

Downloaded this game with EA Access and enjoyed it a surprising amount, thought it was a lot of fun playing through the career mode. I didn't really enjoy the ground game submission stuff but some of the moves you can do are hilarious and were a lot of fun, the blocking system worked really well IMO it rewarded you well for being fast enough to parry attacks and I liked that a lot. I ended with a record of 38-1 in story mode so I guess it was a bit too easy for me but I struggled massively on the first fight in the game so I thought I would struggle, turns out I was wrong.

6. The Walking Dead: Season 2 (PS3)

Qq38Tjb.jpg

Start date: 31st July, 2014
End date: 11th January, 2015

I really enjoy the TellTale games and I loved this one right up until the end.. I didn't enjoy the ending at all tbh but I'm glad I played through it.

7. Fight Night Champion (PS3)

zLackyi.jpg

Playtime: 4 hours & 10 minutes
Rating: 6.5/10
Start date: 11th January, 2015
End date: 12th January, 2015

I bought this because it was on sale for £4 on PS3 and it looked fun, it was pretty fun although I'm pretty sad about how short it was and relatively easy up until the last fight which was a pain in the ass.

8. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

EVwaBSm.jpg

Playtime: 6 hours
Start date: 17th June, 2014
End date: 12th January, 2015

I didn't enjoy this game very much at all, maybe I went into it with my expectations too high but it kinda just felt like a bad Tomb Raider. I didn't really enjoy the shooting too much and the graphics don't hold up well. I'll give Uncharted 2 a go at some point and see if thats any better.

9. Driveclub (PS4)

4WzxDXD.jpg

Rating: 6.5/10
Start date: 7th October, 2014
End date: 20th January, 2015

I played this game a huge amount at launch and got every star in tour mode except for the last 3-4 events, I stopped playing this when I got an Xbox One since I found FH2 just way more fun to play but I went back to this today and finished it off while waiting for InFamous First Light to download. I'm not really sure what I think of this game, I think I would have enjoyed it a lot more if the online actually worked when I was interested in it at launch. It is a very pretty game and with the weather update its even better but the physics I never really found that enjoyable. One of the things I hate the most about this game is that you can't choose your driving aids, I have no idea what sort of assists it has on.

10. Mass Effect (PS3)

3MhLmo1.jpg

Playtime: 12 hours & 21 minutes
Start date: January 22nd, 2015
End date: January 24th, 2015

This is the 3rd time I've tried to get into Mass Effect, its always been a game that really interests me but it just never clicked but this time it really did. I fucking loved this game, I had no idea I would enjoy it so much. The story was phenomenal and the combat really started to grow on me. The only bad things I have to say about it is that the FPS on PS3 is pretty damn poor but I highly doubt its like that on PC but I've committed to playing the series on PS3 now and the auto saves were so bad, it was hardly a feature, there were a lot of times where I lost around 30-40 minutes progress because I forgot to save due to not being used to manual saving any more. I didn't enjoy the combat at first mainly because of the Matriarch Benezia fight which I found very frustrating but once I got past that it was pretty good from there on. I'm going to go start the download for Mass Effect 2. I can't wait to start it.

11. Mass Effect 2 (PS3)

8uiiZRR.jpg

Playtime: 21 hours & 41 minutes
Rating: 10/10
Start date: 24th January, 2015
End date: 27th January, 2015

I found this to be just an overall improvement on everything from Mass Effect 1, the story, graphics, combat, etc were all just a general improvement. The only thing I didn't like was that they introduced reloading instead of overheating which I really liked from ME1. It surprised me how much my choices and such from the first game impacted ME2, I didn't expect it to come up so much. I started to get a lot more interested in the story and characters in this game so spent quite a bit more time just talking to people and doing some side-missions than I did in ME1. Looking forward to starting ME3 now.

12. Mass Effect 3 (PS3)

9dSzZxk.jpg

Playtime: 33 hours & 16 minutes
Rating: 9.5/10
Start date: 27th January, 2015
End date: 1st February, 2015

So I just finished this and I'm not sure what to say. It was an improvement from Mass Effect 2.. the gameplay was better, story was better, everything flowed better and it was just a general improvement. I took my time with this one because I didn't want to be finished with this game and I'll most likely go back and play through them at some point. So in all I absolutely loved this game and the series in whole up until .. the last 15 minutes? That ending is fucking hilariously bad. All of that just for it to end like that? Really? Everything after Shepard gets hit by Harbinger is just shit. Fuck me. Maybe I'll feel better about it after I read some peoples views on it or something. idk.

13. Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)

2Zdihht.jpg

Playtime: 8 hours
Rating: 8.5
Start date: 3rd January, 2015
End date: 4th February, 2015

I picked this game up for £5 during the steam winter sale and played through it slowly but I enjoyed it quite a lot, it surprised me how good the story and gun play was and I can't quite remember the last time I played a single player fps game this good. Highly recommend this for anyone who even slightly enjoys FPS game.

14. Little Inferno (PC)

rgsquL5.jpg

Playtime: 3 hours
Rating: 3/10
Start date: 21st January, 2015
End date: 5th February, 2015

I played through this 'game' while I was watching shows on netflix. Not gonna lie it was probably the worst game(if you can call it that) that I've ever played. That ending doe.

15. Max Payne 3 (PC)

9Aljw1P.jpg

Playtime: 7 hours
Rating: 7.5/10
Start date: 6th February, 2015
End date: 9th February, 2015

A good solid game, the shooting was a lot of fun and the story turned out to be pretty interesting. It didn't really do anything out of the ordinary but it was still a lot of fun to play through.

16. Persona 4 (PS3)

wEvKeN9.jpg

Playtime: 57 hours & 36 minutes
Start date: 9th February, 2015
End date: 15th February, 2015

So this is the first JRPG that I've ever really got into and finished, I played this a bit when I had a Vita(think I got around 20 hours in) but got kinda bored and gave up. I bought it on PS3 recently and got super addicted as you can probably tell by the start date.. I never thought I'd be someone that actually started to kind of like grinding, I've always hated it but it started to grow on me near the end. I don't think I would have got to that point if it wasn't for the amazing story though. I'm sad its over because I'm gonna miss all my friends </3

Also if anyone plays this please make sure you get the true ending over the others... ITS SO MUCH BETTER.

17. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F 2nd (PS3)

FAjSL8R.png

Playtime: 11 hours & 20 minutes
Start date: 15th February, 2015
End date: 17th February, 2015

I never thought this is the sort of game I would really enjoy but it turns out that it is. Its a lot of fun and it really surprised me. I'm not a huge fan of the music but there is a good amount of songs that I enjoy and its a lot of fun to play. At the point of writing this I have finished all songs on Normal and am about half way through on Hard, I'll probably keep playing this but decided I would add it to the list now.

18. Portal (PC)

ctBB0LP.jpg

Start date: 21st February, 2015
End date: 21st February, 2015

I've probably completed this around 10 times today as I'm learning to speedrun it and I'm having a lot of fun with it so far.

19. Dead or Alive 5 Last Round (Xbox One)

ztwqJ23.jpg

Playtime: 6 hours
Start date: 21st February, 2015
End date: 23rd February, 2015

I didn't really enjoy the story in this game very much but the combat is pretty fun and I feel like it would be a way better game if everything wasn't over sexualised but I guess some people like that sort of thing.

20. Race The Sun (PS4)

RHIhwGb.jpg

Playtime: 3 hours
Rating: 7.5/10
Start date: 19th May, 2015
End date: 21st May, 2015

Not really a game you can 'complete' since the world changes every 24 hours but I got to the max level and had my fun with it.

21. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic (PC)

NbY2rb2.jpg

Playtime: 28 hours & 16 minutes
Start date: 17th May, 2015
End date: 24th May, 2015

I had been looking for a game similar to Mass Effect for a while since I enjoyed it so much and I finally found one. Fantastic story and characters. The combat and graphics haven't aged all too well but its not enough to stop anyone from enjoying this game.

22. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2 (PC)

xJR4OYv.jpg

Playtime: 26 hours & 50 minutes
Rating: 9.5/10
Start date: 25th May, 2015
End date: 28th May, 2015

I can't remember the last time I played a game this consistently from end to finish. I'm pretty sure I played it for 13 hours straight today. This game was just an overall improvement from the first IMO although I did play it with the restored content mod. The only thing keeping this game from a 10/10 was Kreia. I hated that character so much.

23. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings Enhanced Edition (PC)

G8L9Va5.jpg

Playtime: 20 hours-ish
Rating: 8,5/10
Start date: 18th May, 2015
End date: 1st June, 2015

Fun game, never been able to get into it before but glad I finally completed it. Everyone always says the combat isn't very good but I rather enjoyed it. Looking forward to playing The Witcher 3.

24. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (PC)

GTpNvE3.jpg

Playtime: 70+ hours (playtime tracker stopped working)
Start date: 1st June, 2015
End date: 9th June, 2015

I played this game way too much. Every night I would check the time and it would end up being 5am. Great game, easily in my top 3. Already looking forward to doing another playthrough.

25. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F (PS3)

ITAL5l4.jpg

Playtime: 6 hours & 40 minutes
Start date: 9th June, 2015
End Date: 9th June, 2015

Picked up the first game after enjoying the second a lot recently. Beat every song on normal and almost on hard. I'll keep playing but going to add it now.

In-Progress

Super Mario Galaxy - Started 08.12.2014
Smash Bros. Wii U
DmC Devil May Cry
L.A. Noire

smaczny

Neo Member
I'm in

Finished

1. Tomb Raider (PC)

IscCMZh.jpg

Started: 01.01.2015
Date of complate:02.01.2015

2. Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Numberr (PC)

DAtql4O.jpg

Playtime: 11 hours
Started: 10.03.2015
Date of complate:12.03.2015

3. Battlefield Hardline (PC)

DlTZNq1.png

Playtime: 5,5 hours
Started: 18.03.2015
Date of complate:18.03.2015

Currently Playing

Remember me (PC)
Started: 02.01.2015

Far Cry 4 (PC)
Started: 2014

DrbsqQf.jpg

Backlog

Hikami

First game done.
Original post

b5794f0573.png

Game 1: Suikoden
Playtime: 18:36
Started: Dec 9th, 2014
Completed: Jan 2nd, 2015
//I only tried this because people kept saying how amazing Suikoden II is. After playing this, I'm not even sure if I want to play Suikoden II anymore. This one wasn't all that interesting. Plot/characters felt really dull and the combat wasn't anything special.
--

Going to finish Akiba's Trip next

Kassu

Banned
hYrl0kQ.png

Game 1: Metroid Prime (Wii) - 9h 57min
I have played the first half of this game several times, but always got stuck or frustrated at some point and eventually abandoned it. Then I bought WiiU few weeks ago and decided to finally finish it. And I'm really glad I did.

Despite abandoning it few times, I really love this game. Exploring unknown planet all alone is amazing and atmosphere has been done perfectly for that. Game itself has aged surprisingly well, gameplay feels great with the Wii controls (I played some of the Gamecube version a long time ago and remember not really liking controls then) and graphics look decent I guess (I don't know how much they improved them on the Wii version). I also fell in love with the soundtrack, Crashed Frigate Orpheon being my favourite.

I really want to start Prime 2 right away but I will probably play some other games first.

Original post

Finished : 3 / 52

InFamous: First Light(01.01.15)
Walking Dead S.2(Vita) (01.03.15)
Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham(01.06.15)

Currently Playing:

1. Far Cry 4
2. Littlebigplanet 3
3. Alien Isolation
4. Assassins Creed: Unity
5. Escape Goat 2

Backlog:

1. Metro 2033 Redux
2. Metro Last Light Redux
3. Diablo 3: Ultimate Evil Edition
4. Wolfenstein
5. Battlefield 4
6. Killzone Shadow Fall
7. Lego Hobbit
and lots of PS+ games.

Dr. Buni

Do I need to post every time I beat a game or is updating my original post enough?

Game #1: Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy

F9ucTfr.png

Finished the main story with 8 hours clocked. The ending was surprising, I was expecting something more cheerful. The story is pretty nice for a crossover/fighting game, I must say. I will keep playing it to finish the extra storyline and because the gameplay is really good, too. Also, Prishe the best.

Next game is likely Batman Arkham Asylum. I started it back in February 2014 and dropped it during the Poison Ivy part of the game, I think. Gonna try to finish it today, I assume I am at least halfway done with it.

Nemaides

Game 1: Sin and Punishment: Successor of the Skies - ~6h

Beaten with Isa on normal, currently playing with Kachi. This was... intense. Enemies, bullets, lasers and bombs everywhere. The last boss was impossible until I realized I shouldn't be playing with the classic controller. Soooo much easier and fun with the nunchuck.

Game 2: Gravity Rush - ~10h

I liked the the presentation and the gravity mechanic was fun, but I found it to be an overall shallow experience. There was nothing to do when exploring, and the combat was eh. I got it for 4€ though, it's totally worth it at that price.

Game 3: Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ichi Ya - ~12h

A bit hard to read at some points (the story can get really depressing), but it was really good. The last chapter was gold.

Game 4: Kamui - ~1h

A great shmup. Good music, beautiful graphics and really intense. I loved the stage 4 boss fight particurlaly.

Game 5: Touhou Jaseishou ~ The Last Comer - ~1h

A bit buggy and with some ugly slowdowns at the later stages, but it was enjoyable overall. Got the bad ending, so I will play this some more to unlock the extra stage.

Game 6: Fairy Bloom Freesia - ~3h

Beat Story Mode in one sesion. Pretty simple, but the combat is well designed and the boss fights are really good. Now I'm playing Guardian Mode and the game really suffers of a lack of enemy variety.

Game 7: RefleX - ~4h

Completed it a few times.
I don't know what to say about this game. I enjoyed it even more than Kamui, and I don't think I've ever been so inmersed in a shmup story. Love the shield mechanic.

Game 8: ALLTYNEX Second - ~2h

A bit more "different" than Kamui and RefleX, but still a good shmup. Loved the music.

Game 9: Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl - ~60h

Finished the main game with all the side quests (played Classic mode on expert). While it was a good game, I enjoyed EO4 a lot more. The skill trees are too simple, most strata were 'eh' and I missed the overworld. I will definitely play the post-game content, just... not this year.

Game 10: The Walking Dead: Season One - ~8h

I played the "spanish" version. Worst translation I've ever seen, google translator would've done a better job. Besides that the game had a lot of slowdowns and some nasty bugs on the first episode. And maybe it was because they were written in some incomprehensible language, but sometimes my decisions didn't seem to have a logical effect. All these problems aside, it was an enjoyable story. It had some really good moments like the later half of episode two or the ending of episode five. I don't think I will play the second season, though.

Game 11: Jigoku Kisetsukan: Sense of the Seasons- ~1h

Game 12: Cherry Tree High Comedy Club- ~3h

Game 13: Voices from the Sea- ~1h

Game 14: Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin- ~60h

Game 15: Bayonetta 2- ~12h

Game 16: REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR- ~2h

Game 17: Trine: Enchanted Edition- ~5h

Game 18: Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney- ~30h

Game 19: Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds- ~3h

Game 20: Magical Battle Festa- ~2h

Game 21: The Witch's House- ~1h

Game 22: Freedom Wars- ~30h

Game 23: Higurashi When They Cry Hou: Ch.1 Onikakushi- ~10h

Game 24: Feather Raid- ~1h

Game 25: Green Wind- ~1h

Game 26: Rozen Diadem- ~1h

Game 27: Visionary Wings- ~2h

Game 28: Samidare- ~1h

Game 29: Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate- ~90h

Game 30: planetarian ~the reverie of a little planet~- ~3h

Game 31: Long Live The Queen- ~3h

Game 32: Diadra Empty- ~3h

Game 33: Saviors- ~1h

Game 34: The Last of Us- ~14h

Game 35: Rosenkreuzstilette- ~3h

Game 36: Kirby: Power Paintbrush- ~4h

Game 37: Project Zero 2: Wii Edition- ~12h

Game 38: Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax Ultimate Boy- ~5h

Game 39: Elite Beat Agents- ~4h

Game 40: Touhou Kanjuden ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom- ~3h

Game 41: Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland- ~40h

Game 42: Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni - Dai Ni Ya- ~10h

Game 43: Metal Gear Solid: Digital Graphic Novel- ~3h

Game 44: Train of Afterlife- ~2h

Game 45: Cherry Tree High I! My! Girls!- ~3h

Game 46: Advance Wars 2: Black Hole Rising- ~25h

Game 47: Genetos- ~1h

Game 48: Raiden- ~2h

Game 49: Raiden IV: OverKill- ~12h

Game 50: Etrian Mystery Dungeon- ~40h

Game 51: Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair- ~40h

Game 52: Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae- ~2h

Game 53: Dead Space- ~8h

Spyware

Do I need to post every time I beat a game or is updating my original post enough?
There are no rules for that so just do as you please! :D
Writing a new post with one or a couple beaten games shows the thread you're making progress and seems to be the way most people do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom