• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTS| Yeah I couldn't come up with a thread title ¯\_()_/¯

Status
Not open for further replies.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Probably not. Too long and too old.

troy-barnes-emotions.gif

Bloody Brat Vol.02

More 4komas and short stories (mostly short stories) featuring the Blood Lad cast.

Pretty fun since we have a larger pool of cast members now to make fun of. And god, Hachiko is such a sad story! ;_;
I read the first few chapters for Blood Lad a few days ago, I need to continue reading that.

wonzo

Banned
Noramimi 37-52

The intertwining of all the various mascots and their quirks and/or struggles with the humans own problems really makes this such a wonderful series. Really bums me out there's only two volumes left. :(

kasane

oh yeah i think i have been spoiled by lain regarding giant killing

it was my fault tho

why does italy get football mangas

of course they would

Lain

Girl Fight volume 4 has been out for like 7 years and still hasn't been translated with volume 11 out. And I don't want to think about RideBack.
A chapter not getting translated for a week seems pretty small business to me.

Teppu 29-30 RAW

WOAH! That end on chapter 30. The power in those last pages. The moe when Natsuo woke up. I love that girl.

Assassination Classroom 1 - 114:
One of the most interesting and well-written series I have ever had the pleasure of reading. Based around an octopus-like being that plans to destroy the world in one year unless a class of rejects, which he'll teach, can murder him, this series has a ton of heart, comedy, action, and fantastic character development.
I really wish I hadn't ignored it at first due to the relatively simple art, but it improved and developed into its own unique style as the series went on.
While suspension of disbelief is necessary to read this at times, I recommend this series to anyone looking for an excellent comedy/battle/school manga.

Its art is defined as simple? But all those weird panels of death, vipers, people revolting, AU battle coliseum, etc.

Vito

Banned
Sevenseas is announcing four new licenses, first one is Akuma no Riddle.

2nd:Golden Time

3rd: MERMAN IN MY TUB (Orenchi no Furo Jijou)

4th MUSHOKU TENSEI: JOBLESS REINCARNATION (manga) / Rifujin na Magonote & Yuka Fujikawa

dani_dc

Fuuka 45

Like last chapter, I mostly felt embarrassing reading this.

It's not sweet like when Fuuka was alive, nor is it rage inducing like Seo usual works.

We need fake Tama to come back to the story to make this interesting again.

Lain

So I decided to start buying Kingdom afterall. Ordered the first 4 volumes, but only received the third one so far. Still went ahead and read it, it was good shit. I'll have so catch up to do.

Nanatsu no Taizai 109

Now the manga starts. =O

Getting some Kongou Bancho flavor in there now, lol.

same.... especially when I was getting semi bored with the current events

I am extremely glad Hendrickson isn't going to be the big bad again like something straight out of InuYasha
So I decided to start buying Kingdom afterall. Ordered the first 4 volumes, but only received the third one so far. Still went ahead and read it, it was good shit. I'll have so catch up to do.

your in for a ride :)

the series is best read volume by volume

By the way did anyone notice that in the latest Nanatsu no Taizai chapter that there was one demon clan guy (whose face was somewhat hidden) that looked exactly like Melodias' wanted poster as in a older Melodias?

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
There was a point, finally getting the band back together, it was just poorly constructed and everyone could see it coming.

I want the MC to struggle more and not just get the band back together by begging with the power friendship.

the manga has no point :p

Seo is da man though.
He can draw like there is no tomorrow but he needs someone to help him understand that his plot development skills need work.

dani_dc

AKB49 Maya arc

Things picked up after focusing on the three main girls and dropping the random jumps between the dozens of AKB members.

Story finally gained a cleared focus and manage to give immediate goals to the main cast.

The "failing record company but ACTUALLY AMAZING" troop was a bit unneeded, but thankfully they didn't focus too much on it and moved into the actual characters quite fast.

Okabe looking for love was a nice little change of pace, even if her falling for the main character could had been seen from miles away.

Maya rivalry came out of nowhere, I felt it was well built up after it started, but the start was extremely abrupt, she essentially was introduced in the story talking about wanting to crush them for no apparent reason. And the Okabe rivalry seemed to have been tackled on later on to justify it.

And in that subject, how the hell did they manage to hire a stalker that did failed to find out that Mimori is a male cross-dresser? He's going into bathroom to change clothes every other scene!
I'd suggest asking for a refund on this hire.

The face-offs (contests and concerts) were extremely entertaining, between the main character unbreakable will, the underdog angle and accompanying twists during the confrontations, even trying to reform the rivals, they felt very much like the idol equivalent of a shounen fight.

They did try to give a sad backstory to Maya later on, but she just came off even worst off, and while Okabe was a bit cold to her, she hardly stole that much from Maya.

if this series was something more serious I would be wondering about Mimori sexual identity at this point, it could be an interesting aspect to explore considering how absorbed by the idol life he has become, but I don't think the series will ever touch that.

Now onto a new arc, a significant change in AKB involving Maeda seems to be waiting ahead, if that isn't a fake-out it could be a sign of interesting things to come.

I want the MC to struggle more and not just get the band back together by begging with the power friendship.

Poorly constructed as I said, but it still had a point!

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 45

I actually liked how they did it. His song sucked without help, but had promise. So everyone helped and started to see how much they liked playing. Much better than the song being amazing from the get go and they say yeah.

Love at Fourteen Vol.01

I never noticed you can tell how mature these two are by looking at their size compared to their classmates. Everyone else in their class looks like kids compared to them.

I still think their best moments are when they are not mature and free to be themselves.

And I do enjoy that satisfaction when that other kid starts getting trolled by the teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom