• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deadly Creatures and the joys of Motion Capture.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am going to buy this game SO HARD.

They had me when they showed the finishing move where the scorpion pries a lizard's mouth open and stings him right in the back of the throat!!

Video was great, too.

Chumly

I passed over this video earlier but when I saw everyone laughing I decided to check it out. Holy shit that was awesome :lol :lol :lol

I was actually just at a small presentation/Q&A session with some of the guys behind the game (senior designer, software engineer, and a gameplay designer, I think).
They showed this to us as part of the presentation, it got a lot of laughs. They told us about another ad that will probably start airing next week that I think you guys will enjoy.
Geico might not though.

I'm typing this on my iPhone, so for the sake of my own patience I'll just list off some of the more interesting points of the event:

• The original concept of the game was that you would control a snake with the wiimote. It later expanded into a game where you could play as 6 different creatures (an alligator and a panther were among them.) Due to reasons ranging from scale to lack of moves to the producers being realistic, they got cut down to just the tarantula and scorpion.

• There were going to be more boss fights, but they were taken out because boss battles ended up being fairly expensive. One boss that we were shown concept art of was against a raven, with a large cow skeleton in the arena. When you'd see the raven's shadow, you had to hide.

• One area that didn't make it was described as resembling an alien crash site.

• the gas station was originally the last level, but someone on the team mentioned that if there was a gas station, they'd have to blow it up. Everyone else agreed.

• The pulse/life-monitor thing that was shown in the first footage was removed. They aren't sure why, exactly, and were pretty disappointed as they thought it was awesome. Apparently one of the programmers had come up with and implemented it one weekend without telling anyone, and they were all pleasantly surprised. When they took it out, the poor programmer was heartbroken.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but oh well. From the bit of the demo I played, I'd say it's a solid 7 or 8 game. The combat feels a bit limited at the beginning since you unlock moves as you go (with the spider at least, scorpion looked pretty fun actually), but once you get stuff like web-slinging, it gets interesting. It's not the next God of War, but it's a good, unique offering for the Wii made by a small team of awesome guys. Give it a buy.
Oh, I also won a poster (one of 8 printed, I think it was) signed by the team in a raffle they were having. (The other prizes were a tour of the studio and copies of the game.)

Hitlersaurus Christ said:
I was actually just at a small presentation/Q&A session with some of the guys behind the game (senior designer, software engineer, and a gameplay designer, I think).
They showed this to us as part of the presentation, it got a lot of laughs. They told us about another ad that will probably start airing next week that I think you guys will enjoy.
Geico might not though.

I'm typing this on my iPhone, so for the sake of my own patience I'll just list off some of the more interesting points of the event:

• The original concept of the game was that you would control a snake with the wiimote. It later expanded into a game where you could play as 6 different creatures (an alligator and a panther were among them.) Due to reasons ranging from scale to lack of moves to the producers being realistic, they got cut down to just the tarantula and scorpion.

• There were going to be more boss fights, but they were taken out because boss battles ended up being fairly expensive. One boss that we were shown concept art of was against a raven, with a large cow skeleton in the arena. When you'd see the raven's shadow, you had to hide.

• One area that didn't make it was described as resembling an alien crash site.

• the gas station was originally the last level, but someone on the team mentioned that if there was a gas station, they'd have to blow it up. Everyone else agreed.

• The pulse/life-monitor thing that was shown in the first footage was removed. They aren't sure why, exactly, and were pretty disappointed as they thought it was awesome. Apparently one of the programmers had come up with and implemented it one weekend without telling anyone, and they were all pleasantly surprised. When they took it out, the poor programmer was heartbroken.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but oh well. From the bit of the demo I played, I'd say it's a solid 7 or 8 game. The combat feels a bit limited at the beginning since you unlock moves as you go (with the spider at least, scorpion looked pretty fun actually), but once you get stuff like web-slinging, it gets interesting. It's not the next God of War, but it's a good, unique offering for the Wii made by a small team of awesome guys. Give it a buy.
Oh, I also won a poster (one of 8 printed, I think it was) signed by the team in a raffle they were having. (The other prizes were a tour of the studio and copies of the game.)

Did they leave anything in the game?

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Hitlersaurus Christ said:

When's the game coming out, again? :D

Top Bottom