• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Emulator Screenshot Thread

bomblord1

Banned
You know how when you think back to an old game and you remember it having great graphics but it doesnt?

Well PS2 emulator made my favorite game as a kid an HD remaster...
Z5asqZ8.png

I said wow.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
You know how when you think back to an old game and you remember it having great graphics but it doesnt?

Well PS2 emulator made my favorite game as a kid an HD remaster...
Z5asqZ8.png

Just a heads up, you probably wanna try playing that in 4:3 as you're currently stretching it out.

monkey_swing_by_aloooo81-d8epc26.jpg

i9I71To5YZkDC.png

iFBdsdy6QrpCi.png

ibq2dggTO14uZO.png

iTjuYmtfaB5Gh.png

Trying to work on controlling the bloom in this game. Its pretty intense in places like the desert during the daytime. Night time areas look freakin glorious though. I love finally playing a monster hunter that doesn't have the entire screen moving and shaking around and missing aliasing and AF. Clean lines and clean textures.

Xenoblade Chronicles
3x Natives, 2x AA, 16x AF, Using Ultra HD Texture Pack, Per Pixel Lighting
15768055344_094aacf617_o.png

16397986115_2ea44fd297_o.png

16372002646_2830875574_o.png

Funny enough I'm thinking about upgrading my PC more for emulators then regular games atm lol. Can't say how awesome it is returning to old PS2 or Wii games and seeing them like they would of been seen if the hardware was far more potent

Flandy

Funny enough I'm thinking about upgrading my PC more for emulators then regular games atm lol. Can't say how awesome it is returning to old PS2 or Wii games and seeing them like they would of been seen if the hardware was far more potent

Did my screenshots convince you or something? :p

I'm using a Sapphire 7950 and an i7 2600k if you're curious. Run at a locked 30 but have some short performance issues every now and then.

Red

imagekauyi.jpg

I need to figure out CRT Royale. Retroarch's built-in CRT preset is great, but does not feel quite there just yet.

Daedardus

Just some quick Xenoblade shots. Using 5x IR, 8x MSAA, 16x AF and HD texture pack (no UHD environments). The butterflies and leaves blowing in the wind look actually pretty good in motion. Game runs like a charm too, I should play some more so I reach the more visually interesting areas.

sx4j01-1hudeq.png

sx4j01-2tycam.png

Peltz

It's a shame that we cannot buy these Wii games for Wii U rendered in an HD resolution. I'd totally double dip on my entire library of GCN and Wii games if they were rereleased to look like these Xenoblade and MP Trilogy screens.

How good is the emulation in Dolphin? Any sound/graphical issues?

Daedardus

It's a shame that we cannot buy these Wii games for Wii U rendered in an HD resolution. I'd totally double dip on my entire library of GCN and Wii games if they were rereleased to look like these Xenoblade and MP Trilogy screens.

A Wii U will never be able to output games this good looking in terms of image quality. Dolphin runs amazing nowadays, but you'll get the best results on a moderately powerful PC, 2500K/GTX680 and above. For example, it runs full speed on my two year old laptop but the game doesn't look as amazing as some of the shots here. And they are squashing bugs each week, the amount of progress they make is amazing.

5olid_5nake

I am using the latest build, and i have to say so far only minor.
For example, i am using for MP widescreen hack, and since it is a GC game there are parts of textures missing on the left and right side of the screen, but very very small part.
But to tell you the truth, maybe there is a fix but i haven't run in to it.

Other games like Mario kart wii, SSBB, Xenoblade, etc. are also running great, dolphin really has some wizards at it's disposal.

gm8e01-13hxavd.png

dolphin2015-02-0522-0gqujy.png

dolphin2015-02-0522-0lqutq.png

Red

Did not know there are Wii emulators already. Are there 360 ones as well?
No. Dolphin was a GameCube emulator. Since Wii was essentially a beefy GameCube, Dolphin could emulate it more or less from day one. I am surprised you haven't heard of it before.

Dolphin was released in 2003, and has been emulating Wii games since 2009.

ReyVGM

Nintendo 64 screens with a pixel-accurate plugin. Original resolution, original VI filters.
No enhancements whatsoever.

Ocarina of Time, Castlevania, Goldeneye, Ogre Battle 64, Mischief Makers, Shadows of the Empire, Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie, Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, F Zero X.

n64pics-1.png

n64pics-2.png

n64pics-3.png

TriAceJP

OP, mind posting your specs if you haven't already?

I thought my shots looked nice but you're blowing mine away.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Nintendo 64 screens with a pixel-accurate plugin. Original resolution, original VI filters.

Ocarina of Time, Castlevania, Goldeneye, Ogre Battle 64, Mischief Makers, Shadows of the Empire, Majora's Mask, Star Fox 64, Banjo Kazooie, Paper Mario, Conker's Bad Fur Day, F Zero X.

n64pics-1.png

n64pics-2.png

n64pics-3.png

This is real cool. Thanks for posting it.

n64pics-1.png

This is lovely. Can you post more form Ogre Battle?

bomblord1

Banned
OP, mind posting your specs if you haven't already?

I thought my shots looked nice but you're blowing mine away.

OP as in me? I'm on a fairly modest i5 3470, 8GB of ram, and a Radeon 6870 1GB.

Looks like this thread has had some awesome new additions since I last checked in thanks guys they seriously look amazing.

ReyVGM

No. Dolphin was a GameCube emulator. Since Wii was essentially a beefy GameCube, Dolphin could emulate it more or less from day one. I am surprised you haven't heard of it before.

Dolphin was released in 2003, and has been emulating Wii games since 2009.

Does Dolphin allow you to run games in their original form? Meaning no enhancements, no filters, no high def.

Top Bottom