• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 | Impressions Thread of not shooting the messenger.

Here's a question:

I did the investigative site stuff and got the free theme code.

I see there's a new The Order theme up in the store.

Are these the same theme? I don't want to spend $2 on it to find i already had a code for it....

I don't know. The code from the site I thought was supposed to activate today (maybe 19th instead?), but it hasn't been and been wondering the same.

I don't know. The code from the site I thought was supposed to activate today (maybe 19th instead?), but it hasn't been and been wondering the same.

Yeah it definitely said it would be active on the 17th. Figured it would go up with the store but my code still ain't working.

Might just bite and spend the 1.99....the Hohokum theme is pretty fucking amazing too

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

Yeah it definitely said it would be active on the 17th. Figured it would go up with the store but my code still ain't working.

Might just bite and spend the 1.99....the Hohokum theme is pretty fucking amazing too

Not working yet. They're looking into it.

It's like the Uncharted 4 "downgrade" image that someone made as a joke here initially, but it's actually spread over the internet and now is frequently used as an actual fact or piece of evidence.

Oh well. Let's try to just keep the thread on the impressions.

I'm going to be shareplaying the game very soon :D

(Sorry OneLetter.....)
You're going to make your first experience with the game on shareplay? Dude. Ew.

BLunted

Banned
OMG, that was hilarious.

I honestly think this is what some of the cynical people here think game developers are like. Always out to screw 'em! :)

I don't think anyone thinks it is literal. It's meant to be a caricature. You'd have to be pretty dumb to take it literally.

OneLetter

For those asking about the redeemable free theme from the Pinboard, we are aware of issues redeeming it, and are working to correct it. No ETA, but hopefully soon.

I'll post an update when given the all clear, so keep those codes handy.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know. I'm ashamed of myself. I'm the guy that won't even watch a movie trailer on his phone because it doesn't do justice to the quality.

But I'm too weak. I just need to try it.....

Just watch on Youtube. Pretty much the same experience as SharePlay.

Of course this is a joke

Friday is right there man!! You made it so close.

tumblr_myqxweR09c1rf3vv2o1_500.gif

OsirisBlack

Banned
Here's a question:

I did the investigative site stuff and got the free theme code.

I see there's a new The Order theme up in the store.

Are these the same theme? I don't want to spend $2 on it to find i already had a code for it....

Its either the Whitechapel theme or the Airship theme that is supposed to come with the PS store preorder version of the game not sure which. I purchased the Whitechapel theme its ok .... plays the Knights theme in the background and has billowing smoke from chimney stacks.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Amazing film. And yeap. The Kingsman are essentially named after the Knights of the round table, similar to The Order. In the real life mythos of old, Galahad is the most noble and pure of Arthurs Knights, and he, Percival and Bors are the ones to go on the mission to find the Holy Grail, and also the only ones to succeed in acquiring it. It is thought that Galahad was most crucial to the Knights succeeding in their mission.

Well, fucking hell. Aren't you the scholar? RAD oughta send you a copy just for doing your homework.

Cheers lol

Backlogger

For those asking about the redeemable free theme from the Pinboard, we are aware of issues redeeming it, and are working to correct it. No ETA, but hopefully soon.

I'll post an update when given the all clear, so keep those codes handy.

Thanks for the update!

nib95

Banned
Well, fucking hell. Aren't you the scholar? RAD oughta send you a copy just for doing your homework.

Cheers lol

No worries dude. And yea I read up on it a bit lol, but there's a hell of a lot more to the mythos that one could delve in to.

2AdEPT

Yup. It was the Source

29-Camron-NP.gif

Hahaaha...as soon as you said it wasnt a mainstream electronics store and just as bananafactory asked, I was also thinking, "Who screws up by opening and then giving the package away before the street date?" [pauses]........wait for it....the Source.

Seeing as ps4 is an online kinda machine and all though, wont SOny be able to track who plays what when? Reviewers probably get a different serial number right? Not that you shouldn't, I probably would,...but just saying its possible they track it isnt it?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
So what if we want to be fans of an exclusive title? None of us point that out on regular basis? What happen last gen? Words were like wildfire with this kind of stuff?

The non-game crowd who watches their games on YouTube rather than on their console while they're playing it (who also bought the game) should deserve some credit. (NOT)

Why the hell are QTEs so bad? Stay away from mounting them on every game if it's so bad. I'd take a ShenMue 3 with QTE's. That series basically started a generally basic and normal way of working with QTE's. Same with God of War. You need some sort of push beyond an animation at times. That was a complaint back in the day. No real push except a button, but now the multiple button presses are bad.

If anything they need to do a large conference at GDC or DICE about their usage. Instead of talking about Zombies, talk about the heavy usage of "ripping each other's ideas off" or abusing the idea of something that they didn't develop themselves.

ron_bato

Well I tried my best to finish the game as quickly as I could because I would be leaving my house for a week. Was unsuccessful, and I'm now at the end of chapter 9,with about six hours of gameplay in. I died a bunch of times because the ai has proven to be challenging, I know I don't suck at tps because it's my favorite genre (at least I'd like to think I don't suck lol).

Got to say, the game is good. A lot of great impressions have been posted that summarizes how I feel about the game, all I can say is that so far I'm very happy with the game (though there is room for improvement and a lot to look forward to considering this is Rad's first Aaa console game).

Won't spoil the game but there's a moment in the game that made me go andydwyerwoah.gif. Though there are bits of the story that are cliche and predictable, it's held up well so far. Voice work and dialogue are great, although there are weak spots and some actors not as good as others. Lady igraine steals the show from a performance standpoint in my opinion.

For all the individual aspects of the game that are great, like the graphics, sound design, and musical score, gunplay is up there as one of the strengths of the game. Though combat encounters have been nothing special (they are solid and provide enough of a challenge). The cover system is not as good as I thought it was, like moving around corners feels off, but in general the cover system works well enough and doesn't really take way from the experienxe.

The weapons are some of the best I've ever used in a shooter. And each weapon does a great job of having its own unique feel to it. Some go crazy with recoil, while others just have this booming quality to them. And as much as I was expecting to fall in love with the crazier weapons in the game, the combo rifle has proven to be my favorite.

I have some gnarly screen captures of the arc rifle doing work. That thing is a beast.

jmaine_ph

Well I tried my best to finish the game as quickly as I could because I would be leaving my house for a week. Was unsuccessful, and I'm now at the end of chapter 9,with about six hours of gameplay in. I died a bunch of times because the ai has proven to be challenging, I know I don't suck at tps because it's my favorite genre (at least I'd like to think I don't suck lol).

Got to say, the game is good. A lot of great impressions have been posted that summarizes how I feel about the game, all I can say is that so far I'm very happy with the game (though there is room for improvement and a lot to look forward to considering this is Rad's first Aaa console game).

Won't spoil the game but there's a moment in the game that made me go andydwyerwoah.gif. Though there are bits of the story that are cliche and predictable, it's held up well so far. Voice work and dialogue are great, although there are weak spots and some actors not as good as others. Lady igraine steals the show from a performance standpoint in my opinion.

For all the individual aspects of the game that are great, like the graphics, sound design, and musical score, gunplay is up there as one of the strengths of the game. Though combat encounters have been nothing special (they are solid and provide enough of a challenge). The cover system is not as good as I thought it was, like moving around corners feels off, but in general the cover system works well enough and doesn't really take way from the experienxe.

The weapons are some of the best I've ever used in a shooter. And each weapon does a great job of having its own unique feel to it. Some go crazy with recoil, while others just have this booming quality to them. And as much as I was expecting to fall in love with the crazier weapons in the game, the combo rifle has proven to be my favorite.

I have some gnarly screen captures of the arc rifle doing work. That thing is a beast.
Thanks for your impressions. Would you care to mention what difficulty you are playing on?

seat

I laughed in the beginning then i came to my senses.

People are trying too hard man. I've never seen a game get the kind of response The Order is getting. It's getting sad.

Would've been perfect if it was 30 seconds long. Then it goes on for another two minutes. Then the console plebs talk... oh brother, how embarrassing.

I actually cried watching that vid...best fun i had in a while. People, this is satire...don´t you get it? I´m still buying and enyoing the hell out of the order anyway!
Duh... yes? There's not really that much here to get. This ain't exactly Jonathan Swift, bub.

Skux

Count me in the video not funny camp...maybe I just don't have a sense of humour.

I know most of you aren't taking it seriously, but I can't separate the humour from the fact it will be used by a lot of people to poke fun at a developer who busted their ass for 4 years to make a game they were passionate about.

The mean-spiritedness of it just kills the thing for me.

The El Risitas video is funny because it makes fun of gamers' attitudes towards developers. It's a pisstake of gamers, not the developers. It's pretending that all the downgrade/black bars/5 hours nonsense that we argue about is actually a big conspiracy by developers, and lets us, the gamers, see how ridiculous it is to have that attitude.

I laughed in the beginning then i came to my senses.

People are trying too hard man. I've never seen a game get the kind of response The Order is getting. It's getting sad.
I hope this game will sell well despite all the shit it gets every time it shows up. Man, I've never seen a game getting a lot of hate like this :|

nib95

Banned

Another great set of impressions. Really getting hyped! Some recurring positives across the impressions seem to be that the gunplay is excellent, that the weapons feel great, and that the characters and their acting are on point. It also seems as though the AI are not that dense after all, and will flank, pin people down or force them out with grenades and so on.

Why the hell are QTEs so bad? Stay away from mounting them on every game if it's so bad. I'd take a ShenMue 3 with QTE's. That series basically started a generally basic and normal way of working with QTE's. Same with God of War. You need some sort of push beyond an animation at times. That was a complaint back in the day. No real push except a button, but now the multiple button presses are bad.
I'll say this, I'll defend QTEs until my dying breath, but they do need to be used properly. An example that comes to mind, (huge Shadow of Mordor spoiler ahead)
is when you fight the final boss in SoM. It's like three brands and a stupid QTE. Given the context of the game where I've been brawling and slashing orcs, having some QTES there just felt like an absolute cop out and as if the devs didn't want to bother crafting a good boss fight/finale
. I think the way that Shenmue and God of War did them was excellent. We should remember though that not all QTEs are created equal. Some are good, some are great, and occasionally some are trash. It's pretty much like any game mechanic, and anyone who is unequivocally against them is just being silly.

Thanks for your impressions :D

Top Bottom