• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Order 1886 | Impressions Thread of not shooting the messenger.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
This is the real gameplay length metric right here.How much time people spend gawking at the graphics.

I predict a lot of 30+ hours completion times and the RAD team laughing maniacally at our confusion.
No joke, Amir0x will take that long.

-MD-

Obviously done by a pc gamer and in very poor taste. Had potential until console plebs and implying RAD doesn't give a fuck about making games. Sometimes the internet is dishearteningly ignorant.
Pretty much.
NoFun.png

Oneself

Honestly, it's easily the best looking game I've ever seen. Wind blows through hair and clothes, the lighting is above and beyond pretty much everything I've seen... Next gen starts here I guess. Yeah, sorry for that :p

Just picked this up at a semi popular electronic store in Canada. When I pre ordered I chose the option to have the game shipped at a local location for pick up. During the weekend I noticed an email I missed stating the game has been shipped and delivered on the last Tuesday. I was kicking myself thinking I could have been playing the game that early.

When I go to pick it up ask the employee for the game, they come back with a standard mail package that says in bold letters DO NOT BREAK STREET DATE FEBRUARY 20. This was ignored as the employee opens up the package and hands me the game.

I get home with a message on my answering machine "Hi, the game you just picked up earlier, we weren't supposed to give it to you until the 20th. Please don't play it until then or we can get fined"

LOL.

Loudninja

Just picked this up at a semi popular electronic store in Canada. When I pre ordered I chose the option to have the game shipped at a local location for pick up. During the weekend I noticed an email I missed stating the game has been shipped and delivered on the last Tuesday. I was kicking myself thinking I could have been playing the game that early.

When I go to pick it up ask the employee for the game, they come back with a standard mail package that says in bold letters DO NOT BREAK STREET DATE FEBRUARY 20. This was ignored as the employee opens up the package and hands me the game.

I get home with a message on my answering machine "Hi, the game you just picked up earlier, we weren't supposed to give it to you until the 20th. Please don't play it until then or we can get fined"

LOL.
Hahahaha.

Ah shit they cant be serious!

LOL.
Hahaha what? How could they know if you did or didn't play it?

LOL.

Was it The Source?

Tell me it was The Source.

LOL.
Holy shit.

meanspartan

Obviously done by a pc gamer and in very poor taste. Had potential until console plebs and implying RAD doesn't give a fuck about making games. Sometimes the internet is dishearteningly ignorant.

Dude chill, have a sense of humor.

Can someone translate and let us know what he found so funny? I wish I could laugh as hard as that old man Lol.

Ricky_R

LOL.

Well?

Are you going to comply?

LOL.
Brilliant lmao

Hahahaha.

Ah shit they cant be serious!

Hahaha what? How could they know if you did or didn't play it?

Dead serious

I think the employee panicked and gave me a call thinking if I kept it sealed it will be alright. I knew it didn't make sense when the email said it was delivered on 2/10. How can it ship and be delivered so early? And when they brought the package out it made sense when seeing the warning sticker stating not too open. But for whatever reason, the employee opened it up. Maybe they were new.

Posted this on my Twitter. I'm in the camp of still getting this game but this was hilarious!!!!!

it's funny cause it's true lol

Brilliantly edited. That laugh, I'm dying here!

lol at this

I fucking love these. This is the new "Hitler reacts".

Oh, man, that was hilarious, there's even a
NeoGaf shoutout
in there!

holy shit this is the funniest thing i have ever seen lolll

I don't know how anyone of you thought this shit was funny at all

Was the dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life next to someone yesterday comparing 2pac to drake

Yup. It was the Source

Hahaha fucking nailed it.

I worked a Source here in Edmonton for 5 years and one of our new employees misunderstood what layaway was, gave someone a laptop to take home even though they only put $40 down on their first layaway payment.

They had to call them and ask them to nicely bring it back until it was paid off, lol. The person did comply at least.

My store was actually pretty good from that person aside, but that company/organization had some of the worst fucking management and training systems I've ever seen.

So much misinformation and inconsistency from store to store in terms of knowledge, policies, etc

Seventy70

Was the dumbest shit I have ever seen in my life next to someone yesterday comparing 2pac to drake

29-Camron-NP.gif

What's funny is that you actually quoted everyone that thought it was funny to tell them it wasn't funny...

OneLetter

LOL.

seriously.gif

Stories like this bother me, but I can only laugh.

The editing was great, with the text and his voice. Like someone above said, was like Hitler Reacts. His laugh was infectious. It summed up a lot of what's been going on around this game's development and the arguments raised. There was truth to it. It's not totally accurate but then that's comedy. I don't agree with the bit about it needing to be more than just a single player game, but hey still an entertaining video. And NeoGAF got a shoutout! :p

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Colin Firth's character's name in Kingsmen is Galahad???

Currently at the theater watching it. Lol

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
This will now always be that one thread that gave me one of my favorite lines of all time: "the human eye can only see 5 hours."

Fucking. Dead.

Count me in the video not funny camp...maybe I just don't have a sense of humour.

I know most of you aren't taking it seriously, but I can't separate the humour from the fact it will be used by a lot of people to poke fun at a developer who busted their ass for 4 years to make a game they were passionate about.

The mean-spiritedness of it just kills the thing for me.

Tainted

Can someone translate and let us know what he found so funny? I wish I could laugh as hard as that old man Lol.

From the video's comments:

"something about paella which is a spanish dish, and how he went to look for something on the beach but the tide had risen."

I guess we need one of our Spanish brothers in here to translate it for us :)

Count me in the video not funny camp...maybe I just don't have a sense of humour.

I know most of you aren't taking it seriously, but I can't separate the humour from the fact it will be used by a lot of people to poke fun at a developer who busted their ass for 4 years to make a game they were passionate about.

I actually thought it was funny, but I'm sure you're right. It will be used by some meanspirited people with ill intentions.

LOL.

lol at least they didn't even pretend to think you would bring it back in!

I actually thought it was funny, but I'm sure you're right. It will be used by some meanspirited people with ill intentions.

It's like the Uncharted 4 "downgrade" image that someone made as a joke here initially, but it's actually spread over the internet and now is frequently used as an actual fact or piece of evidence.

Oh well. Let's try to just keep the thread on the impressions.

I'm going to be shareplaying the game very soon :D

(Sorry OneLetter.....)

nib95

Banned
Colin Firth's character's name in Kingsmen is Galahad???

Currently at the theater watching it. Lol

Amazing film. And yeap. The Kingsman are essentially named after the Knights of the round table, similar to The Order. In the real life mythos of old, Galahad is the most noble and pure of Arthurs Knights, and he, Percival and Bors are the ones to go on the mission to find the Holy Grail, and also the only ones to succeed in acquiring it. It is thought that Galahad was most crucial to the Knights succeeding in their mission.

hydruxo

I thought the dude himself in the video was fuckin hilarious, mainly just his laugh. I want to know what he was actually talking about haha.

The actual captions about the game were lame though but maybe it's because I've seen too many of those kind of edited reaction videos in the past so they don't really do anything for me anymore

Saberus

I can understand where your coming from, but they way things have been with the Order on Gaf.. the video kind of wraps up all the crazy in the last few days in a package with a big red bow.

It's like the Uncharted 4 "downgrade" image that someone made as a joke here initially, but it's actually spread over the internet and now is frequently used as an actual fact or piece of evidence.

Oh well. Let's try to just keep the thread on the impressions.

I'm going to be shareplaying the game very soon :D

(Sorry OneLetter.....)
Yup. The people that take it seriously will be the worst.

Also, totally jelly of you shareplaying :mad:

The video pretty much sums up the build up for every game since the launch of this gen.

If the game doesn't meet expectations the developers did it on purpose because they're out to con the public and anyone that doesn't agree that the whole industry is a ponzi scheme trying to fleece hard-working gamers is a fanboy.

Here's a question:

I did the investigative site stuff and got the free theme code.

I see there's a new The Order theme up in the store.

Are these the same theme? I don't want to spend $2 on it to find i already had a code for it....

OsirisBlack

Banned
Taking it way too seriously bro.

Video is 2 minutes too long. Fails to remain funny.

this

and this pretty much nailed it. Its like that comedian that knows his set isn't funny so he resorts to either embarrassing himself hoping to get a cheap laugh or begins slinging insults at the crowd.

Top Bottom