• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | February 2015 - Steam GOTY results still delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, reviews are pretty much what I was expecting, the writing was on the wall from the start.
When you have the game's producer say things like "we'd go with 24 fps if we could" and talking about gameplay like it's getting in the way of what they're trying to achieve, it becomes obvious what the end result will be.
Instead of trying to shoehorn MP into God of War, maybe sony should've invested in it for this game, the gunplay seems decent, with good map design it could've been at least a competent competitive/co-op shooter, which would've gone a long in raising the game's perceived value.

Edit: on a happier note, I'm very happy with Sony's price for the new Vita jrpg Oreshika, €19.99.

Use my name and I'll carry the world to victory.
I did it once, and I can do it again
You always need a Sniper in a group. Name him after me.
your_country_needs_you_poster_1.gif

Where do I sign up!!!
I'm in. I got this shit.
I'm in, but I refuse to die, painfully or not, I have thousands of games to play!
Ready to do my bit for Queen and Country.
I'll be the support since no one ever wants to be one

I dun wan no "I never asked for this" augments, nor do I want my brain fiddled with

Just an ordinary soldier, with the weirdest hair pls
Not sure how to make sure each of you are the specific class you want, sorry.

TOP SECRET
XCOM COMMANDER REPORT
Month 1

The primary objective is to intercept an enemy UFO and stun an outsider alien in order to bring it in alive to probe it and find out information that may be of use to us in fighting off the alien threat, however that hasn't stopped the enemy from abducting more of Earth's citizens while we wait.

An area of interest that the aliens have been abducting citizens from is Nigeria.
Nigeria are just about fed up with the XCOM project and are about to pull out and take their funding with them, if that happens it could create a ripple effect that will lead to the end of the XCOM project and the failure of Earth, now we need to make sure that doesn't happen by going to the aliens that are abducting Nigeria's citizens and putting a stop to them.

Three of my best soldiers, Remix, Dragon and Shark, will be going out on the field, alongside them are two new greenhorns to the XCOM project, Cpl. Jawmuncher and Sgt. Deques

The mission was a success, with Jawmuncher using her ability to run right up to the enemy floaters and land buckshot in them before they could retaliate.

Deques seemed to have a four leaf clover on hand, because the enemy floaters would teleport over beside him in perfect range for his shotgun to take them out, the veterans could barely keep up with the newbies, and speaking of the veterans, they were gravely wounded and will be out of commission for the next two weeks, and we've just intercepted a UFO landing which looks to have an outsider alien on it, which we have to bring back alive, a big enough task for the vets, now it's time to see how many of the new kids make it back alive.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Thief (2014) -- MB-132DE14E998B68B3 - Taken by Jadax
A game about the shipping company that stole Kuro's valuable time by withholding his copy of Monster Hunter. A shameful company.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: You did not include a valid thread URL. To use the THREAD rule you must include a valid thread URL including ?t= in the thread URL. Resubmit this giveaway if you want to correct this.

user237

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Pixel Puzzles: Japan -- MB-900284F162F4F35C - Taken by Loptous

has trading cards

milena87

I totally forgot about Dreamfall Chapters... I have yet to play Book 1 and the second one is coming soon (but not next week as originally intended).

They should officially announce the release date in a few hours. I might have enough time to play through Dreamfall again (cause I can't remember it well) and then start Book 1.

I'm really terrible at keeping up with my Kickstarted games :/

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Tomb Raider (2013) -- MB-50C61AB87CFABACC - Taken by anastef
A game about how modbot might be programmed with logs tied by vines and weighted by rocks like the traps that plague Lara, because I tried to give away a copy of Thief and for some reason it went to the Steam thread instead and got claimed by someone I DON'T EVEN KNOW. I'm very sorry.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: You did not include a valid thread URL. To use the THREAD rule you must include a valid thread URL including ?t= in the thread URL. Resubmit this giveaway if you want to correct this.

dex3108

So SteamGAF my mouse was in really bad shape (rubber coat started to peel) so i decided to do something and this is result of that try :D Unfortunately vinyl was really bad and this was my first time using this method so i will do it again when i find better vinyl.

Lots of parts for small mouse :D

Before i did anything it looked like this

After sanding

Vinyl applied (one part is missing it is outside ready for new coat of paint :D)

r3n4ud

So SteamGAF my mouse was in really bad shape (rubber coat started to peel) so i decided to do something and this is result of that try :D Unfortunately vinyl was really bad and this was my first time using this method so i will do it again when i find better vinyl

Why not just buy a new mouse? Unless you like doing little projects...

I'm getting increasingly impatient for hotline miami 2
Perhaps I should play the first one before 2 arrives. Always mean to play it, but then new games com along and it gets pushed aside.

wilflare

why is everyone hating on The Order - even here :/
(I'm kinda looking forward to playing it)

---
and Gurumin 1080p is grand news <3

r3n4ud

There is no reason to buy new one just because paint/rubber coat is in bad shape :D And i like doing things like this.
You're better than I! When I take things apart, always end up with leftover pieces when put back togehter. Have no patience/talent for things like that. You did a nice job though :)

Deitus

Oh boy, there's a thread called "The Order getting terrible reviews is a good thing for gaming." Guess I won't be straying outside SteamGAF today for fear of my sanity.

Derp

I'm getting increasingly impatient for hotline miami 2
Apparently I have permission to pirate it (Well... The law would disagree of course).There's no way in hell I would, since those developers just seem like the most awesome people ever for actually saying something like that. There are surely sites that don't have geoblocking I'm assuming. I'll find one and buy it. Or I'll use a VPN. Either way, those devs are getting my money for sure.

I mean, look at this.
“If it ends up not being released in Australia,” he wrote, “just pirate it after release.

“No need to send us any money, just enjoy the game!”
I have so much respect for this man.

So SteamGAF my mouse was in really bad shape (rubber coat started to peel) so i decided to do something and this is result of that try :D Unfortunately vinyl was really bad and this was my first time using this method so i will do it again when i find better vinyl.

Lots of parts for small mouse :D

Before i did anything it looked like this

After sanding

Vinyl applied (one part is missing it is outside ready for new coat of paint :D)

Did you fix it and put all parts back ? :D

I saw Hotline Miami 2 at last year's local comic con convention (i know thats redundant but meh) in Miami Beach.

I can confirm it is a real game and it can be played by human beings.

Mr. Doop

Almost everyone outside of this thread has an incredibly strong opinion on The Order, and I'm just sitting here not caring one way or another.

Derp

Almost everyone outside of this thread has an incredibly strong opinion on The Order, and I'm just sitting here not caring one way or another.
For me I don't own a next gen console, so whatever happens with all of those exclusives I have no interest in. Except Ratchet and Clank Redux. Because I think I'll end up buying a PS4 just for it if they don't fuck it up (they won't fuck it up. I believe in them)

Okay so maybe I should start caring about the quality of the exclusives on a console I'll inevitably buy.

*Grabs pitchfork*
SOMETHING SOMETHING ORDER 5HRS LONG MOVIE CINEMATIC SOMETHING SOMETHING SOMETHING METACRITIC ANGRY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom