• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Gonna play the shit out of this when I get home. Kinda dreading that Ginyu mission, though. Seems to be one of the more difficult/cheap parts of the story mode if impressions are to be believed.

Gonna play the shit out of this when I get home. Kinda dreading that Ginyu mission, though. Seems to be one of the more difficult/cheap parts of the story mode if impressions are to be believed.

I beat it on my second try by just aggressively chasing my enemies down, pinballing them, and then spamming Milky Cannon. Just beat the shit out of them. Didn't pay attention to Krillin and Gohan at all and they had more than half life left at the end.

So I got disconnected, then got an infinite "connecting to server" screen, then I Alt + F4'd to a hardlock of my PC...

q.q

Just make sure to guard Krillin and Gohan while keeping the enemies' focus on you and you should be OK. Ginyu's super strong compared to everyone else in that mission.

I beat it on my second try by just aggressively chasing my enemies down, pinballing them, and then spamming Milky Cannon. Just beat the shit out of them. Didn't pay attention to Krillin and Gohan at all and they had more than half life left at the end.

I didn';t have any trouble with that part at all.

elhav

Nah you'll be fine. Just make sure Krillin and Gohan are safe and you're good. Spam some super attacks and check their health bars

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Nah you'll be fine. Just make sure Krillin and Gohan are safe and you're good. Spam some super attacks and check their health bars

Its really not that bad. I nailed it on my first go.

My #1 killer is when I'm fighting 2 or more real enemies at once and I get double perfect kamehameha'd into oblivion

k1t4j

Mind sharing how you allocated your attributes. As I said earlier I'm thinking about starting over with a more ki centric character instead of a balanced one(Female Saiyan).

I am level 47 now and I have

HEALTH: 38

STAMINA:30

KI BLAST SUPER: 70

Still not sure if gear has THAT much of an impact, but anyways I am using everything that boosts Health and Ki Blast and decreases Basic attack and Strike Supers.

I have all of Vegeta's attacks equipped, I also have his Z-soul equipped, that boosts all his attacks and increases Ki Blasts.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I haven't put a single point into ki blast so far. or ki for that matter.

lol

patchday

So how is the game so far for gaf? People keep talking about it at my job non stop, didn't even really know about it. Love dbz.

must buy for dbz fans. My only complaint after all these hours might be Camera in the hub city. For me personally it goes naff sometimes without provacation and nothing I can do fixes it

RNG might get annoying if you're trying to chase down Vegetta's skills.

Online lobbies are weird. After completing mission the room auto-closes

Still not sure if gear has THAT much of an impact, but anyways I am using everything that boosts Health and Ki Blast and decreases Basic attack and Strike Supers.

I have all of Vegeta's attacks equipped, I also have his Z-soul equipped, that boosts all his attacks and increases Ki Blasts.

How much effort was it to get all of Vegeta's skills for ya? I'd like to get that "I am strongest z-soul"

must buy for dbz fans. My only complaint after all these hours might be Camera in the hub city. For me personally it goes naff sometimes without provacation and nothing I can do fixes it

How much effort was it to get all of Vegeta's skills for ya? I'd like to get that "I am strongest z-soul"

Gohan's mastery item Z-Soul is impossible.

You have to do a 7 seven star PQ fighting Yamcha, Tien, Piccolo, Krillin, Android 18, Videl, Hercules (lol), Majin Buu, Vegeta, Trunks, Future Trunks (at the same time lol), Goten, Mystic Gohan, Goku, SSJ3 Goku, SSJ Gotenks, Goku and Vegeta again, SSJ Vegeto and SSJ3 Gotenks.

This is the one where Goku and Gohan chain Kamehameha me. ;_;

k1t4j

Grindy as fuck

Big Bang attack alone, took me around 2h of farming the quest. But I don't mind, I find these battles fun and always different depending on how you approach them.

Peak players on Steam have doubled since yesterday so apparently there's server issues. So go into offline mode or something.

Offline mode tries to connect to the server first. If it can't connect you go back to the Offline / Online lobby selection screen.

It might work if you block DBXV's access to the web, but I haven't tried it yet.

Got the game. Chose Frieza race because they look best. (And not because Frieza is my favourite character or anything nope)

This is actually really fun! Voice 8 best voice.

Durden77

Man....I really like this game. Props to Dimps, so awesome playing a DBZ game that I feel is actually and awesome game in it's own right and still brings all the DBZ love at the highest quality around.

If there's a Xenoverse 2, I really really hope they keep the transformations as they are now. I never understood why people preferred transformations to be their own characters. It's so fun transforming mid match. And choosing which transformation you prefer through costumes is really smart.

SparkTR

Offline mode tries to connect to the server first. If it can't connect you go back to the Offline / Online lobby selection screen.

It might work if you block DBXV's access to the web, but I haven't tried it yet.

I mean put Steam into Offline mode, if you haven't tried that.

Nameless

Nice, so I take it you leveled up Stamina for the evasive benefits? My level 14 has about 10 points dedicated to stamina, but I figure it would be better to start putting those points into Ki as that's what fuels SSJ. Already started pumping more points into ki blast and liking the results.

patchday

Grindy as fuck

Big Bang attack alone, took me around 2h of farming the quest. But I don't mind, I find these battles fun and always different depending on how you approach them.

I see. Since I'm a frieza type I'll just hold out to train with Master frieza and boot Vegeta.

When I make a Saiyan I'll try to pursue Vegeta

Muzicfreq

Banned
1wf35Kc.jpg

Female majin with Hercule wig is way too good

Shakka

Is there something like Giantbomb's Quick Looks for this game, e.g, lengthy commentated gameplay?

I'd like to get an impression of this game by looking at that kind of video, but my go to website for this stuff, Giantbomb, doesn't have one yet, so I'm looking for another, decent source.

Alchemy

All the unlocks are cross character right? I really want to make and customize a bunch of characters, but if I have to grind everything out again I might just hang it up for good before I even managed to unlock additional character slots.

Heroman

Banned
Is there something like Giantbomb's Quick Looks for this game, e.g, lengthy commentated gameplay?

I'd like to get an impression of this game by looking at that kind of video, but my go to website for this stuff, Giantbomb, doesn't have one yet, so I'm looking for another, decent source.
Giantbomb quick look would be a terrible way of getting impression of the game

the grind is definitely annoying but these online issues are the real problem. i wanted to play the game tonight and now i'm just here, pissed, posting about videogames instead.

online is frustrating with the constant disconnects(even when you're not even doing online missions) and im not gonna lie, story mode is frustrating me, every time im about to defeat an enemy a cut scene plays and the enemy gets there health back & gets back up but I don't get my health back. whats up with that? also is it just me or do they get a lot more aggressive once their back up comes?

trutrutru

not really a pc gamer. This game is making want to buy a ps4. But If i can run this game at 60fps and it still look good on my laptop, i'd rather just play it on there.

I have an i7 (2670qm) @ 2.20GHZ
8gb ram
GeForce Gt 540m gpu

running on windows 7

anybody know what this all means for how this game would run on my laptop?
If it can look somewhere between ps3 and ps4 i'd be happy, so long as it runs at 60fps

otherwise, gonna have to give in to the ps4 earlier than I wanted. Please help

Shakka

Giantbomb quick look would be a terrible way of getting impression of the game

I just meant to say that I'm looking for a narrated gameplay video and used Giantbomb as an example for that kind of presentation, not the general gist of their opinions or style specifically.

Top Bottom