• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ignore List Behaviour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

"Does the ignore list transfer to the mobile version of GAF guys"?

Que 5 thousands posts of people patting themselves on the back about not using ignore, even though that doesn't answer the OP's question at all.

Violet_0

Banned
He's still a mod.

alright alright, but in my defense
o5rwFaY.png

I don't know how long this poster has been cosplaying Tekno but they even use quotation marks quotes and everything, I was fooled

JDSN

Banned
I don't use the ignore list, and honestly it's been a long while since I've even felt like putting someone on ignore. It's just a hassle to follow threads and conversations when someone is on ignore, too. If I don't want to read someone's particular post I just scroll by.

Why would this person be a hypocrite?
Because his stick is all about concern trolling and imploring tolerance and understanding towards every horrific person out there showing a complete lack of empathy.

Its ironic to see such a champion of "freedom of speech" annoyed with me using a feature to not read virulent nonsense, he should be defending my right to not give a fuck.

I only have one person on my Ignore List, and it looks like he was banned two years ago after a rant about abortion being the "american holocaust". Looks like I made a good choice.

sn00zer

I never ignore people..... you can say something dumb once or twice, doesnt mean your opinions on other things arent important or valid....ignoring seems to be the equivalent of sticking your fingers in your ears and shouting "lalala I cant hear you"

I only have one person on my Ignore List, and it looks like he was banned two years ago after a rant about abortion being the "american holocaust". Looks like I made a good choice.
See, those are exactly the kinds of post I get the most fun out of reading. I'll ignore them when I'm dead, that's what I say.

This. It's seems unnecessary as this forum is full of different people and personalities. To focus on one person is quite....weird.
Let the person ignore someone for whatever reason, doesn't seem weird to me. It's a tool just like any other on this forum, I can't judge on anyone who uses it as I'm not privy to the case.

See, those are exactly the kinds of post I get the most fun out of reading. I'll ignore them when I'm dead, that's what I say.

What's weird is that I put him on ignore for some trivial gaming-related thing. Looks like I smelled the asshole in him quickly. Wait, that sounds wrong.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
I love these kinds of threads since they highlight the pettiness of passive aggressive behavior.

OP, you really didn't have to touch on why you use the ignore feature to ask your question. You sort of poisoned the well by doing so.

Derpyduck

Banned
This. It's seems unnecessary as this forum is full of different people and personalities. To focus on one person is quite....weird.

It's actually the opposite of focusing on one person. The people on my list are there because they thread-shit every chance they get. Rather than focus on that thread-shitting, they're ignored and I'm left dealing with people that don't act like children over something as silly as video games.

Daingurse

People who use ignore have a harder time controlling their feelings than the rest of us. They are naturally more emotional and compulsive. They are more likely to be the type to hold bitterness and grudges against perceived slights.

Those types though usually make really loyal friends.

I can't argue your points, that's pretty much how I'm wired anyway. Thus, I have some people on ignore.

I don't use the ignore list. I tend to manually ignore people who have a condescending or rude way of posting, as in all their posts not just the rude ones. That's about it.

Edit: I don't see anything particularly childish about using the ignore list. It's taking advantage of technology to do your task for you. I wouldn't use it myself though, I don't particularly hate anyone that much lol.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
I haven't ignored anyone yet. I don't think I will unless some how some way I constantly argue, to the point of anger, with someone.

The ignore list is there for a reason, although it's great if people don't use it.

I will temporarily put people on ignore if people start getting irritated by my arguing with the other person.

Of course last time that was an issue the dude I was trying to ignore insulted Canadians in a dumb post and got banned so my selfless efforts were wasted.

The Hermit

I only have a few on ignore, 3 I think. I also use the extension to actually make the post vanish though.

I do that too, excpet on the phone since I don't have that extension.

One thing I noticed is that after a while I read a ignored post and it either reminds me why I ignored said poster or, if the reply is interesting enough, I un-ignore it.

I hope you see my post though :3

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
But say ya put 'em on ignore back when they were a regular member before they became a mod/admin... they'd still be on ignore afterwards. Not that I'd know anything about that from personal experience or anything <.<

This is why you ignore each and every user and individually click each hidden post as you browse. It helps reassure that only you will have all future mods ignored.

I ignore one person just because their avatar is terrifying. Like nightmare inducing. Never was actually able to read his posts because his avatar made my heart stop. I think it's the reason I decided to stop lurking and make an account was specifically to ignore this person.

I only ignored one person, but that's because he ignored me first and I don't like the idea of wanting to respond to a post knowing that he wouldn't see it, or in that case, NOT knowing, because I don't know if I wold have remembered the user's name anyway.

He posted in a few topics of mine months ago which means he took me off of his list, so I took him off of mine.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
I have one person on my ignore list, their thoughts and posts are too poisonous to let seep into my mind.

Floridian

I ignore one person just because their avatar is terrifying. Like nightmare inducing. Never was actually able to read his posts because his avatar made my heart stop. I think it's the reason I decided to stop lurking and make an account was specifically to ignore this person.

Wow that person had some amazing impact then.

Holy crap what was the avatar?

oneils

I have only ever ignored one person. Their avatar is absolutely horrifying to me and I just hate seeing it. He's actually a good poster otherwise.

I've gotten comments on my avatar (not pms or anything like that). Hopefully it's not mine that you find horrifying. I do realize that some people have a phobia of clowns. Maybe I should change mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom