• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

How do you buy them? The only way i've been getting weapons are through rewards/random loot drops. I do know that I can upgrade my weapons, which is awesome btw. :)

You buy legendary weapons for 150 marks from the Vanguard vendor (for vanguard marks) or the Crucible vendor (for crucible marks) or the faction vendors (for crucible marks). But you need to level up your vanguard or crucible rank to rank 3. And you need a "commendation" which you get from rank up reward packages. You can also get them as random drops from legendary weapons engrams. You can also get them from Nightfall as a random reward. You can buy exotic weapons from Xur on Fridays and Saturdays for strange coins. You get strange coins from doing the weekly heroic strike. You might want to read Hawkian's guides which are linked to in the OP of this OT. Hawkian explains a lot about leveling up and using weapons... some of his info is out of date, but all of his info it is still very useful.

You can also get Raid quality legendary weapons to RNG drop from the Vault of Glass or the Crota's End raid.

Unfortunately the game itself does a poor job of explaining it to you. If you come into Destiny thinking it's like Halo where you just pick up a weapon and start shooting then you've got a wrong idea. Destiny has huge weapon variety and you really need to pick the good ones that suit your play style, and you need to level them up to max out their damage potential.

Ha ^^ About to solo NF if anyone wants in join Legendkilla3rd.

So last night joined some lfg and seriously no one talks no one takes the initiative to say help with relics or sword.I had never done relic with Templar but i broke the silence and did it i found it easier to have the group and cleanse by the right rock is that or sniping easiest?

See! All you needed was to believe in yourself!

tumblr_n2ysfdACYI1r9aij7o1_500.gif
I believed so much I exploded.

Deku Tree

So HoW has three exotic weapons? Two of them are scout rifles. One is a shotgun with five range Lolz. Presumably the shotgun is locked behind the Arena. The Fate of all Fools will be Locked behind Trials of Osirus. And the other Scout rifle will be sold by Xur every single week. Is that about right?

damn I never get anything good from Gorgons.. I really have to do the full raids to get gjallarhorn hm ?

I pretty much did everything possible before I got mine a couple weeks ago.

3x Nightfall
3x Gorgon
3x Atheon
3x Crota
Daily Heoric for chance at purple engram
ROC strikes for chance at purple engram

I got mine from gorgon cp though.

IHaveIce

Banned
So HoW has three exotic weapons? Two of them are scout rifles. One is a shotgun with five range Lolz. Presumably the shotgun is locked behind the Arena. The Fate of all Fools will be Locked behind Trials of Osirus. And the other Scout rifle will be sold by Xur every single week. Is that about right?
the shittiest will drop almost everytime and will be sold by Xur every week (Dragon's breath memories). SO yeah you are right.

Still don't get why they don't make more interesting new weapons.

3x Nightfall
3x Gorgon
3x Atheon
3x Crota

Did Nightfalls and Gorgons yet.
Well will try next week to do more, Today I will be at SW celebration

Lima

Sounds about right.

willow ve

Add me to the Xbone List
- Liquidsnake00
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100
- rlench
- oddworld18
- TheDarkOrchid
- danthehack
- Obscured
- Pok3r Fac3d
- Blue Ninja

willow ve

For those Xboners looking to create your own link
Use the following URL (put your gamertag in place of USER!NAME)
Code:
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=USER!NAME#

Homeboyd

I'll go through and update the list in just a few. Seems most have found their way to the group as well. Already got to run a few guys through their first CE raid and HM Atheon. One got a vex. Good times.

Omni

Add me to the Xbone List

For those Xboners looking to create your own link
Use the following URL (put your gamertag in place of USER!NAME)
Code:
https://account.xbox.com/en-us/profile?gamerTag=USER!NAME#
I thought I was on that list. Or is that a new list? I know I was on a list before.

Nonetheless, I changed my GT like a week ago anywho.

randomrosso93

Impala26

I'll go through and update the list in just a few. Seems most have found their way to the group as well. Already got to run a few guys through their first CE raid and HM Atheon. One got a vex. Good times.

Good times were had for sure!

Though the entire CE Raid went pretty much right over my buddy's head with your guys' speedrun strats, lol.

He was also quite salty that I got the Mythoclast and he didn't. But I did reassure him that the Black Hammer he got from CE was argued to be one of the best weapons in the game, so that certainly made him feel a bit better.

Namikaze1

Fuck! Fuck! Goddamit! Bungie, why?! I had him! I fucking had him at less than 15%! Why did you kick me out?! Fuck this! I ain't going back!

E92 M3

Though the entire CE Raid went pretty much right over my buddy's head with your guys' speedrun strats, lol.

He was also quite salty that I got the Mythoclast and he didn't. But I did reassure him that the Black Hammer he got from CE was argued to be one of the best weapons in the game, so that certainly made him feel a bit better.

Yes, getting the Black Hammer is a huge win for him. Was happy to see it drop lol.

bullzeye.

Bradach

I wonder if they ever considered laser beam weapons.

Just a long constant stream of energy on a target until they melt? or maybe the star wars 1 meter long beams of light firing rapidly with no recoil. It probably wouldn't be much fun to use thinking more about it.

are fusion rifles just energy or pieces of metal?

3x Nightfall
3x Gorgon
3x Atheon
3x Crota

you weren't trying hard enough...
3x NF
3x Gorgon NM
3x Gorgon HM
3x Atheon HM
3x DS
3x Crota NM
3x Crota HM
ROC strikes...

#ForeverNoGHorn

123rl

Just got Secret Handshake legendary shotgun while playing the crucible.

Finally a decent shotgun.

One of my favourite shotguns. It can take down pretty much any enemy in 2-3 good shots.

I just got a new shotgun myself - Hide And Seek -42. Anyone use it? It's got Cascade and Spray and Play. It seems to be a bit stronger than Secret Handshake but every other measurement is worse

One of my favourite shotguns. It can take down pretty much any enemy in 2-3 good shots.

I just got a new shotgun myself - Hide And Seek -42. Anyone use it? It's got Cascade and Spray and Play. It seems to be a bit stronger than Secret Handshake but every other measurement is worse

I got two Hide and Seek's from my 2 nightfalls this week (the 2nd time I've gotten the same two legendaries in one week from NF, thanks bungie!). One was void with luck in the chamber and reactive reload, as well as field scout and hammer forged in the middle column. I will be keeping that one. The other one was arc and had worse perks.

So far it does well but I haven't fully upgraded it yet. I have Secret Handshake as well but for some reason Hide and Seek seems to handle better.

Impala26

So... Blades of Crota....

Them not spawning a confirmed bug or recent patch "working as intended"?

Otherwise I guess this means spamming the Fist of Crota mission for those related Eris bounties... :-/

Homeboyd

Here's the latest list I have of Destiny Xboners. I tried to include everyone who posted links to their GTs (and picked up a few who just posted their GTs with no links), but definitely could've missed some that weren't linked in passing.

If you're not on the list and want to be, quote this post and provide your GT in the form of a link to your Xbox Live account like the others below:

- Liquidsnake00
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100
- rlench
- BlueNinja BE
- Mouroutaru
- willow ve
- oddworld18
- TheDarkOrchid
- Pok3r Fac3d
- danthehack
- randomrosso93
- LunaticPuma
- Impala26

For those who haven't joined the B.net Xbone group and wish to, the link is below. Submit a request to join.

(Bad to the Xbone)

Deku Tree

Here's the latest list I have of Destiny Xboners. I tried to include everyone who posted links to their GTs (and picked up a few who just posted their GTs with no links), but definitely could've missed some that weren't linked in passing.

If you're not on the list and want to be, quote this post and provide your GT in the form of a link to your Xbox Live account like the others below:

- Liquidsnake00
- randomraaawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100
- rlench
- BlueNinja BE
- Mouroutaru
- willow ve
- oddworld18
- TheDarkOrchid
- Pok3r Fac3d
- danthehack
- randomrosso93

For those who haven't joined the B.net Xbone group and wish to, the link is below. Submit a request to join.

(Bad to the Xbone)

I put a link to this in my post 4 of this topic. Also you might want to keep editing the same post, and try to grab a top post on the first page of the next OT and keep editing that, rather than continuing to put an updated list buried in the thread in new posts if you want the link to stay up-to-date. IDK up to you really.

What about BAFTA?

EDIT: for shame Todd!

Destiny Xboners - Help Has Arrived

Homeboyd

Think about this. Trance has literally 10 dupes of every exotic in the game. Black Hammer is BY FAR his favorite weapon of them all. Your friend got suuuuper lucky. BH is amazing.

I put a link to this in my post 4 of this topic. Also you might want to keep editing the same post, and try to grab a top post on the first page of the next OT and keep editing that, rather than continuing to put an updated list buried in the thread. IDK up to you really.
Yep I'll continue to edit the post you quoted. Thanks for quoting it in your early post!

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual

- Liquidsnake00
- randomraaawr
- dmh33
- Korosenai
- Tapiozona
- purg3
- Iceman829
- Homeboyd903
- TacticalFailure
- yLEFTy
- Mortalikus
- Ev0lved1
- SimpleCRIPPLE
- Vince DiCola
- Karl2177
- Macjester
- Toejam2501
- Guitaratomik
- NJ Shlice
- misterthirsty
- rlench
- justkelson
- Natural vV High
- Alienoutsida
- dmc spokane
- Karg
- Defyler
- Ruze789
- WipedOut
- Mocolostrocolos
- ThingontheFloor
- IHaveAnIce
- JRod2100
- rlench
- BlueNinja BE
- Mouroutaru
- willow ve
- oddworld18
- TheDarkOrchid
- Pok3r Fac3d
- danthehack
- randomrosso93

(Bad to the Xbone)

Add me too: LunaticPuma

- LunaticPuma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom