• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT19| Raiders of the Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

so what do you think todays update is going to be? the patch just dropped so no need to talk about that. HOW info is on a schedule so he probably wont talk about that. its gonna suck isnt it?

edit: TOP OF THE PAGE

images

Fake top of page…

Weekly update: HoW developer commentary.
Developers: we worked so hard. We listened to you. We made so many great changes. The Arena Activity is a lot of fun. It's so awesome. No specifics. See you on Wednesday for the walk around!

Fake top of page…

Weekly update: HoW developer commentary.
Developers: we worked so hard. We listened to you. We made so many great changes. The Arena Activity is a lot of fun. It's so awesome. No specifics. See you on Wednesday for the walk around!

it was top of the page for me. changed to 100 posts per page to avoid similar situsations

daedalius

So, I'm happy there is other content than a raid?

I don't have time to get a group together the vast majority of the time to run a raid, I am glad they are going to do something else that has matchmaking.

Karl2177

DeeJ cut back on his forum posting even on reddit.
Urk sometimes shows up in here but I would guess that would more likely happen closer to when HoW is releasing.

This is kinda typical Bungie PR face rotation. What's his face sloowed posting which gave way to Sketch who slowed posting and gave way to Frank went to Microsoft and gave way to Luke who slowed posting and gave way to Urk who slowed posting and gave way to DeeJ.

Lima

Homeboyd and co you up for a Crota HM kill tonight? I have no idea why we scrubbed around so much on Tuesday but I want to get it done.

GhaleonEB

Seems like we have a run-off between:

Destiny |OT20| HoW Come, No Raid

and

Destiny |OT20| House of Wolves Raid, Void. Burn!

OT OP, it's up to you.

Personally...I'd like a thread title that doesn't set a negative tone for the thread. More fun than caustic. This last one rubbed me the wrong way. :\

OzIKcNz.jpg

I'm working on inserting all the Xbone players into a spreadsheet document, to make adding yourself a bit easier.

I'll try adding everyone already on our list now, but since that one only has gamertags and no GAF usernames, I might leave some of those empty.

Yeah we just need 1 kill tonight.

If I'm on, you have my 'Horn.

Obscured

Wasn't quite ready to quit last night, so figured I'd run nightfall solo. After all this one is pretty easy, just have to get in the spots and be careful. Almost lost it near the end with the grenade spam coming through the top window and vandals with shock rifles at the bottom of the stairs. Finally plodded away until...

8IY2yt9.gif

sometimes I think this game just wants me to stop playing.

ocean

Banned
Personally...I'd like a thread title that doesn't set a negative tone for the thread. More fun than caustic. This last one rubbed me the wrong way. :
I think it's tongue in cheek :p how come no raid is a light way of projecting our reactions whimsically on my opinion :)!

RetroMG

I think I might hate myself for this, but I got a copy of Destiny for XB1 when I got the Console. (Gamestop was having a sale.) Maybe I'll start leveling a character to help out when the Xbone community needs it.

Homeboyd

Personally...I'd like a thread title that doesn't set a negative tone for the thread. More fun than caustic. This last one rubbed me the wrong way. :\
Yeah except we don't have any that don't poke at Bungie a bit. As ocean said, it's tongue in cheek for me. Personally very excited for a new game mode.

Wasn't quite ready to quit last night, so figured I'd run nightfall solo. After all this one is pretty easy, just have to get in the spots and be careful. Almost lost it near the end with the grenade spam coming through the top window and vandals with shock rifles at the bottom of the stairs. Finally plodded away until...

8IY2yt9.gif

Welcome to my life. Approx. 10 times per day.

Also, Destiny |OT20| Prison of Elders

One of my favourite shotguns. It can take down pretty much any enemy in 2-3 good shots.

I just got a new shotgun myself - Hide And Seek -42. Anyone use it? It's got Cascade and Spray and Play. It seems to be a bit stronger than Secret Handshake but every other measurement is worse

Sounds awesome. I use quite a bit of shotgun, especially in the PvP. So definitely looking forward to it.

8IY2yt9.gif

lol I had that happen to me before. I raged quit after and didn't touch the game for a few days.

Dave_6

Sorry for the delay getting this posted! Here's our raid group's weekly write-up:

Dave_6 manned up and overcame his illness to raid, and was extremely rewarded for doing so, even though he's an ungrateful SOB and I hate him. More on that, below.

Thanks to StereoType for filling in again; I feel like we really have a 7-person crew at this point.

Anyway, here's what we ran:

3x Gorgon's chest HM

I pulled a second MIDA, which I'll gladly hold onto now that we have some more vault space. I'm not sure if there were any other exotics.

1x full NM CE

We debated running full VoG this week both as a change of pace, and to get some of the group missing weapons (FB) in light of the apparent new upgrade system. We ended up running CE, though, as a few people needed shards and a few drops.

We waltzed through Abyss again, and only lost GRIP at the very end due to a rogue ogre ("rogre"?) on the happy end of the bridge. Bridge and thrallway were a cakewalk, as well. I don't think anyone pulled anything particularly useful. I only got shards/energy up to this point.

3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill

We're still doing this as faux HM, running center strategy. Crota seemed on better behavior; we didn't see any of the "skipping standing up, and going straight to smacking the swordbearer", at least. The runs went pretty smoothly, and StereoType saved our buckets on one run by grabbing the sword to finish him off on a 3rd kneel when science went down.

Loot was hot and cold. GRIP pulled Ghorn, and "Hawkmoon Dave" got a Hawkmoon, only to respond, nonplussed, that it was his third, and he'd probably shard it. Horrible. I got a 3rd P&T, which will probably get shareded, but it's in the vault for now.

1x HM VoG full

We got through the CE stuff so quickly that we decided to do a full VoG run. Spire and confluxes were smooth, then we wiped to do oracles up top.

Since no one was SUPER comfortable running relic alone for Templar, we did the "huddle up near where the right conflux appears" strategy, and got through on the first go.

We'd already gotten the Gorgon chest, so we decided to take the main route directly behind the Templar to the maze, which Dave_6 had apparently never done before.

We wiped a couple times on the maze by rushing it, and I died a few times on the jumping puzzle for the first time in weeks. Gatekeepers took a few tries, but it went smoothly once we remembered to send in a 3rd to toss a rocket at the gatekeeper on the first portal.

3x Atheon kill

A few wipes due to freak one-shot hob kills, but otherwise really smooth. No rocket suicides! No Atheon splash damage through the shield. Almost got him in one portal on one of the runs.

A handful of Vexes, VoC, and CM. I don't recall any other exotic or noteworthy drops.

-

I'm sure GRIP was happy with his ghorn (though HoC still eludes him), and Hawkmoon Dave has no soul so he couldn't enjoy his 3rd HM, but everyone seemed to have a great time yet again, despite the stingy drops. Thanks for another good week of raiding, guys!

Please reply with any good stories or loot I missed; there's usually something.

I always look forward to your write ups of our raid shenanigans! To add, I did get my 3rd or 4th Suros from one of the Gorgon chests and another Vex from Atheon but that isn't worth mentioning. If it makes you feel any better (and due to the increased vault space), I did keep that 3rd Hawkmoon :)

Also, after running three NFs last night, I still don't have the exotic HMG that I won't mention the name of. THE ONLY EXOTIC WEAPON I'VE YET TO ACQUIRE :/

Deku Tree

8IY2yt9.gif

Owch! And you solo'd it? The good thing is with Arc Burn if you invite two friends you can get the whole thing done in under 15 minutes.

Sorry for the delay getting this posted! Here's our raid group's weekly write-up:

Thanks as always for organizing and the recap. I'm glad the recent upgrade tease has brought new interest to VoG.

I admit to a gratifying chuckle that with Dave's rocket to the back of a Thrall, I wasn't the one to "pull a science" this week.

Good time as always and I'm disappointed that I won't be able to join in on next week's shenanigans (Boston Marathon!). Looking forward to reading about how drama free the Crota kills go without me!

Obscured

Welcome to my life. Approx. 10 times per day.

Also, Destiny |OT20| Prison of Elders

Yes, sometimes you just have to try to laugh it off, even as you are crying inside.

I like this OT title. The void burn one is hilarious, but this one is descriptive and still has that more subtle bite and doesn't come off quite so negative (and trust me after my gif posted above I want to be a little negative).

Homeboyd

Axoman

I knew I wasn't crazy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/32t3uq/media_black_hammer_bug_after_patch_112/

The patch fucked up the black hammer again. Crits not counting towards white nail... NOTHING to do with immune shots. Also the first 2 shots of BH still work towards the white nail perk on immune targets, just not the last one.

I was routinely not getting white nail after nailing 3 yellow/crit shots yesterday on non-immune targets.

Just a mess.

Why aren't you using your Icebreaker?

Mindlog

http://i.imgur.com/8IY2yt9.gif

Had that happen once.
The constant grenade spam in that spot drives me crazy. I like the lower more aggressive spot. Used Patience and Time this week and it died pretty quick.

Deku Tree

I knew I wasn't crazy:

http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/32t3uq/media_black_hammer_bug_after_patch_112/

The patch fucked up the black hammer again. Crits not counting towards white nail... NOTHING to do with immune shots. Also the first 2 shots of BH still work towards the white nail perk on immune targets, just not the last one.

I was routinely not getting white nail after nailing 3 yellow/crit shots yesterday on non-immune targets.

Just a mess.

Owch.

So now BH is just an average high impact three round mag sniper? Guess it's back to my LDR and IB until this gets fixed after a long wait...

FyreWulff

Keep collecting gamertags, people that are doing that. Lemme see if I can spin up something custom that would make it much easier to handle collecting names.

edit:

I'll know by tonight

Homeboyd

Keep collecting gamertags, people that are doing that. Lemme see if I can spin up something custom that would make it much easier to handle collecting names.

edit:

I'll know by tonight
Sweet. Thanks man. Ninja is working on a spreadsheet too I believe.

Also...

OMG. Think it might be time for a new avatar for the Ice Breaker Messiah. Bow down to the GOAT.

edit:

I'll know by tonight

Thanks! Keep us posted. As homeboyd said, I'm currently working on a spreadsheet (which is almost finished).

I knew I wasn't crazy:

Just a mess.

I was going to mention this. I had some really erratic behavior with my BH on the Devil Walker during the Weekly I ran this morning. It was so bad I actually had to pop a synth!

Unfortunate to hear that it wasn't a strange isolated incident.

Dave_6

I knew I wasn't crazy:

Just a mess.

Odd. I used it on the Devil Walker last night and it seemed to be working like it always has.

how about No raid, No problem

kind of like the arena idea. wouldnt it be cool if modifiers changhed as you go. it would show up after each wave like

wave 2: arc burn, lightswitch
wave 3: void burn, heroic

maybe it will disbale grenades and supers and what not. heavies locked ect..
could be alot of fun changing guns on the fly and what not.

Homeboyd

Odd. I used it on the Devil Walker last night and it seemed to be working like it always has.
It worked for me most of the time... but 3 or 4 instances in one strike it didn't proc white nail.

Unrelated, is anyone here super good with photoshop/avatar making?

nOoblet16

Finally back home !!!!
Up for Nightfall, Raid, Weekly, Raid....EVERYTHING !

On an unrelated note:
Man does it feel good to use your own toilet !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom