• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

KILLZONE 2 - The |OT|

Norml

ChryZ said:
:lol

Dude, many people in GAFe clocked 100+ hours, some even cracked the 100K rank. We played many many clan matches, won GG's clusterfuck tourney (32 clans, 32P matches). Yes, we're not playing as much as we used to, but it's not that unsual after month of relentless activity. You picked the wrong "example" to make your point, buddy.

Still gets very boring and is a mess imo. Invisible snipers,clusterfuck-grenade spam,lag.

ChryZ

Norml said:
Still gets very boring and is a mess imo. Invisible snipers,clusterfuck-grenade spam,lag.
You can create/join smaller games with certain classes banned to solve most of that, but I guess that's not really your issue. So ... whatever.

-viper-

Banned
Norml said:
Not surprised at that.The game is decent at 1st but gets VERY boring a week later when maxed out.
you mean months after the game was released, with games such as infamous and uncharted 2 beta recently released? SHOCKING.

Norml

ChryZ said:
You can create/join smaller games with certain classes banned to solve most of that, but I guess that's not really your issue. So ... whatever.

But that just makes it even more mediocre.

dazed808

Norml said:
But that just makes it even more mediocre.

PS3ejectbutton.jpg

You seem to have forgotten the location of this button.

KZObsessed

Dubbedinenglish said:
:lol :lol It doesn't show full games...Needs more stealth.

"Norml" is the master of stealth...

Norml said:
KZ2 is shit there is like 100 people playing in the whole world.:lol

Norml said:
:lol R2 has more playing coop alone.

anyone saying KZ2 is better is crazy or didn't play R2. R2 is double the game KZ2 is and did it in half the time.

Norml said:
Whats KZ2 saving grace graphics? R2 single player is better in story and gameplay.People are whining about the weapon wheel when KZ2 doesn't even have a secondary fire function.:lol

Norml said:
I have played both multiple times and KZ2 gets very boring with basically the same enemy over and over.

Norml said:
Its not. The lighting is all that holds it back some imo. Comparing to Killzone, R2 has better textures, way more things on screen,the water effects, models have more detail, and even the main gun is more detailed.

oh wait no he's not...

*adds to ignore list*

dazed808

Facism said:
You're going to have to blame infamous and the few of us taking a break from KZ2 multi :p

I'd like to know what cagen, Lince, Raist, Rick etc think of merging the clans. I'll go with whatever the majority decision is (laments losing all that glorious VP)

Yep infamous is taking up most of my time at the moment but i'll be back playing regularly soon as i've beaten it.
As for the clan merging, I'd rather keep the vp we've amassed with GAFe and build on that with the others joining us but happy to go with whatever the majority want and if that means a new clan that's cool with me
just as long as Lyulf doesn't get to choose the name

Raist

Banned
K, cut a couple of people from GAFe. 34 spots left.

If people want to join, keep in mind that we're merging to have active people who'd join clan games to. Don't go "OMG YES I WANT IN" to play 3 games and bail out on us. You can always create another GAF clan for people who want to play a couple of games per month with GAFers :p

ChryZ said:

Dude, many people in GAFe clocked 100+ hours, some even cracked the 100K rank. We played many many clan matches, won GG's clusterfuck tourney (32 clans, 32P matches). Yes, we're not playing as much as we used to, but it's not that unsual after month of relentless activity. You picked the wrong "example" to make your point, buddy.

I joined a couple of matches you were playing yesterday, had to bail due that excessive amount of lag on Beach long server. You were really racking up the kills on that map.

ChryZ

Assembly Required said:
I joined a couple of matches you were playing yesterday, had to bail due that excessive amount of lag on Beach long server. You were really racking up the kills on that map.
Oh, you're memorycure then? We were just wondering who memorycure is.

I'm so close to throwing the game out the window. I don't know WTF is going on, but EVERY goddamn match I go in to, It's Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec. Nothing else.

Thrakier

They should remove the 32players completly. Not more than 16 anymore. 32 is a joke, even on PR. Not to speak about all those small maps...

ChryZ said:
Oh, you're memorycure then? We were just wondering who memorycure is.

Yeah, I joined GAFe because I thought GAFA was full. Plus I enjoyed playing with some of you guys during the MGO BETA.

Jason's Ultimatum said:
I'm so close to throwing the game out the window. I don't know WTF is going on, but EVERY goddamn match I go in to, It's Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec, Radec. Nothing else.

I took part in a few Radec matches. Mostly just bodycount... Radec has been in heavy rotation lately.

Thrakier said:
They should remove the 32players completly. Not more than 16 anymore. 32 is a joke, even on PR. Not to speak about all those small maps...

Beachhead 32p. Worst idea ever. Period. I usually only stick to 16-20 player matches, 14 sorta being the sweet spot.

It's the only level playable and that's it, and that's what gets me pissed. I don't mind entering a Radec match when there are other maps in rotation. I like small maps, and I remember finding matches that had Radec, Tharsis, and Blood.

I think there needs to be an option where you select a match, hit the square button to go into options and cycle through a menu that allows you to see which maps the host allowed.

borsdy

Banned
alr1ghtstart said:
ahh, so you did the same as I...

okely, I'll probably set up that share group tomorrow for the new maps ($4 a person, which should cover this pack + next 2), if no one else does it before.
whoa whoa WHOA where did you read about this?

mr_nothin

Banned
Fun times right now on the server.
But its really really laggy for me. IDK about anybody else but i'm shooting ppl in the head with rubber bullets and i see their head bobbin everywhere. I also see like 10 X's on my target...indicating im hitting them but they arent dying!

I'm having the worst games ever.

TheFatOne

mr_nothin said:
Fun times right now on the server.
But its really really laggy for me. IDK about anybody else but i'm shooting ppl in the head with rubber bullets and i see their head bobbin everywhere. I also see like 10 X's on my target...indicating im hitting them but they arent dying!

I'm having the worst games ever.

Yup it is all you heard me saying most of the time is WTF. BTW gg everyone it is fun playing against bullshit32 and piece of shit dance.

TheFatOne said:
Yup it is all you heard me saying most of the time is WTF. BTW gg everyone it is fun playing against bullshit32 and piece of shit dance.

Is that why I beat you both times we played in score? Hell the only reason you "won" was because one side was stacked with good players(Except you) and got double exp upon winning. Otherwise...:D

Anyway you probably wouldn't have died as much if you kept going isntead of stopping everytime to hump me and talk about your balls :lol Freaking wierdo! Great matches though we should play more often like this. Especially now that I have a headset haha.

FFO come back!

TheFatOne

CrushDance said:

Is that why I beat you both times we played in score? Hell the only reason you "won" was because one side was stacked with good players(Except you) and got double exp upon winning. Otherwise...:D

Anyway you probably wouldn't have died as much if you kept going isntead of stopping everytime to hump me and talk about your balls :lol Freaking wierdo! Great matches though we should play more often like this. Especially now that I have a headset haha.

FFO come back!

You do know that I came in first in my team in every game :lol Most of my deaths came from showing off :lol

Bajan32

haha lyulf you bastard if i had an alllergic reaction to nuts id be dead by now :lol
Good game tonite guys, glad to see somewhat of a return to KZ, this game is way more fun playing with yall.. except lyulf... hope your nuts fall off next time you teabag me lol

o and gratz kitton

Did they change the way they count your overall Kills and Deaths now? Like if your bot kills somebody you get that counted as a kill in the game session but not in your overall stats? Likewise if you kill a bot you get a kill in the round but not in your overall weekly stats?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
it's always been like that, which makes no sense. Kills by your bots do count as "kill" though, just not blowing up a bot.

Kittonwy

Banned
Bajan32 said:
haha lyulf you bastard if i had an alllergic reaction to nuts id be dead by now :lol
Good game tonite guys, glad to see somewhat of a return to KZ, this game is way more fun playing with yall.. except lyulf... hope your nuts fall off next time you teabag me lol

o and gratz kitton

Lyulf likez to share his nutz.
Indifferent2.gif

scoobs

I can't play any class that isn't able to use the standard ISA assault rifle.. i just SUCK with the other weapons.

Having said that.. I can't believe how much fun GG made it to be a medic in a shooter, its my favorite class by far

Kittonwy

Banned
scoobs said:
I can't play any class that isn't able to use the standard ISA assault rifle.. i just SUCK with the other weapons.

Having said that.. I can't believe how much fun GG made it to be a medic in a shooter, its my favorite class by far

Learn to use the pew pew rifle.
Indifferent2.gif

Thrakier

Had an awesome game yesterday with tact. 60 - 30 and several badges, including my last air ribbon. I think tact is a lot of fun because you really feel that you have a big influence on ze battlefield, like solid snake. Only with less love.

Things have changed drastically!!! I played my first round with th new maps(beach head?) and I was sucking it up at first. Then it all clicked and I ended up winning the match in first. On the losing team though. I was surprised by all my air suppport kills. They really are awesome now. I saw the other teams air support and I knew i needed to be cautious. I dont think this game can get any more perfect now. Everything has been tweaked to be the best.

pixelbox

aquired taste, i guess... Nice to see you guys back in. And kitty, i was the "dauldisaster" that revived you in the hills map. RUN!!!lol

32 players is fine on any map for unranked games. It should never be allowed in ranked games.

Which one of you clowns rigged the view count for this thread so that it would surpass the Halo 3 thread?

Top Bottom