• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for April 2015 [Up1: Xbox One #1]

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
For people wondering about Bloodborne, it was number 2 on the PSN digital charts so it's still selling. Just not as much as the multiplats will.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Xbox has been $50-100 cheaper with MCC. Still a great win for MS.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I think what this indicates is a dead heat in the US among PS4 and XB1 in regards to demand. WHich makes sense as MS for the most part has tried to bring the heat(outside of that preseason BS) These two consoles are gonna bob up and down over each other i think, sometimes XB1 will win, probably most of the time PS4 will win.

Glad they are doing well too. But its kind of surprising to see PS4 with the most sold games in April considering the higher sales of the XB1

Krakn3Dfx

Did Xbone have a promotion or something? Or is it simply maybe tides are turning in NA?

Gamestop did do the thing where they gave $125/$175 towards an XB1 if you traded in certain 360/PS3 models, they did it for the PS4 the month before. Don't know if how well it did though.

RdN

Also, I love seeing MLB The Show so high on the chart!

Best sports game for years now, it's great to see it doing well.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Venturbeat said 3ds hw up 25% YTD compared to the first four months of 2014, Wii U up 15%, Xenoblade 3d at 5th place of single SKU chart despite it being New 3ds exclusive

Gurish

I'm a PS4 owner and I really feel they deserve it, after Sony fuck ups with R&C and UC4 delays, stating Tearaway as a big holiday exclusive we should be excited about (I'm not disrespectful for this game but it's still a late Vita port), telling us NMS is like a first party title... outside of BB I'm really disappointed by their line up up until now and what seems to be their line up for 2015.

Grats to MS for winning an "offseason" month. Anyone know if there were alot of bundles this month? My guess is in lieu of no real big releases (save MK) in April, the lower price of the Xbone became the more attractive offer. Curious to see how Witcher will sell and whether it'll move hardware on both systems

Javin98

Banned
This is pretty shocking indeed. Can't wait to get the numbers from Cream. Wonder how big the gap between the two was in April.

Curufinwe

I think what this indicates is a dead heat in the US among PS4 and XB1 in regards to demand. WHich makes sense as MS for the most part has tried to bring the heat(outside of that preseason BS) These two consoles are gonna bob up and down over each other i think, sometimes XB1 will win, probably most of the time PS4 will win.

Glad they are doing well too. But its kind of surprising to see PS4 with the most sold games in April considering the higher sales of the XB1

The PS4 install base is higher.

Jigorath

Banned
Is it that surprising?

It's a niche game with a dedicated audience.

It's really not a mass market title or a system seller to anything but its small devoted audience.

I'm not sure why people thought otherwise, though it does seem a common sentiment. Maybe the number of GAF posts are confusing people as to its relevance.

Can a franchise that consistently sells 2m+ units be considered niche?

rhandino

Banned
LOL at all the posts in the previous thread that said that Bloodborne was going to sell another million because the early boom.

kiii

Ape

Banned
The same thing that happens with most big releases. The people who wanted the game bought the system before the release of said game.

There's a history of big releases boosting console sales, I'm honestly not sure if you mistyped what you intended on saying.

What I find especially odd is that the PS4 was doing really well, 1st place seemingly every month and now right after BB it's second. It seems to be an anomaly until MS can string together meaningful consecutive months so there's nothing really to read here imo.

Anon67

Huh, that was unexpected. Good job, Microsoft, I guess? Keep it up and Sony will have to do something to keep up in the U.S.

Atlas157

Grats to MS for winning an "offseason" month. Anyone know if there were alot of bundles this month? My guess is in lieu of no real big releases (save MK) in April, the lower price of the Xbone became the more attractive offer. Curious to see how Witcher will sell and whether it'll move hardware on both systems

There was a MCC bundle that most likely contributed to the win.

PS4 Price drop at E3?

I'm sure this was a nice confidence boost for MS going into E3. Talks of a Ps4 price cut are premature IMO, the thing is still raking in cash for Sony.

Lol awesome.

I'm inclined to agree that Sony doesn't need a price cut anytime soon when they are selling PS4 like hotcakes at the current price.

When the eventual price cut happens, even more people who were hesitant to buy will probably bite, while on top of that, the library will be more fleshed out.

Top Bottom