• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dc89

That being said, what's the future of the footie community here on NeoGAF?

The thread will be banned indefinitely, and this status will be reevaluated three months from now. Anyone attempting to invade another thread to migrate the community to, or creating a stealth or offshoot official thread for the same purpose, will be permed on the spot, and such measures will be taken into account when deciding whether to re-open discussion in three months. The footie-gaf community has consistently demonstrated hostility toward the moderation team and an inability to follow the rules. Apologies to those who weren't part of the drama who have now lost their home.

Also note, footie-gaf threads in the off-topic forum that would normally be acceptable, like league final OTs, will not be allowed during this period.

Three months is up in three days, I wonder if an Evilore/Admin/Mod can clarify on the status of this re-evaluation?

Many thanks.

Mimosa97

I was trying to find a thread in the community section to talk about the champions League games but I couldn't find one.

Now i know why :D

El Topo

Maybe we should give the mods time to evaluate things and come to a decision? Part of what brought FootyGAF down was the continuous discussing and complaining regarding mods.
Let's not rush things and let's not repeat the mistakes of the past. Why a thread? Just PM a mod.

dc89

Maybe we should give the mods time to evaluate things and come to a decision? Part of what brought FootyGAF down was the continuous discussing and complaining regarding mods.
Let's not rush things and let's not repeat the mistakes of the past.

Well Evilore gave a three month time span, I'd like to think a decision has been made within this time. But if it takes longer, it takes longer.

FootballFan

Might as well have just been a Premier League thread

Tbf it is the best league in the world, according to sky sport.

Nah there's definitely enough discussion of other leagues in Europe.

Huge lack of football talk about Hyundai a league or south american ones though. (MLS too but that has its own thread)

Kabouter

This is already being discussed due to PMs sent, so I'm locking this for now. In the meantime, you should absolutely send PMs on GAF to Cyan to convince him that football is a fantastic sport and not the 'boringest sport in the world'.

The moderators discussed this earlier in the week because a few people pm'd us about it, and it's fine if someone wants to open a new Football/Soccer OT or post a thread for the Champions League final.

A few things to keep in mind moving forward:

• The rules that apply for NeoGAF overall also apply to Community threads.
  • Please make an effort to be welcoming to newcomers. Insularity is a typical problem for community threads, and we don't want to see that here.
  • Obviously, there are going to be some in-jokes and banter in any sports thread, but everyone needs to be respectful to other posters regardless of their team/league preferences or seniority in the thread.
  • Stay on topic. This thread is for discussing football/soccer. This is not your catchall chat room for talking about video games, television, dating, what you had for breakfast, etc... We have threads for other topics, please use them.
  • If you have questions and concerns about moderation, bans, or any other administrative complaints, take them up in private via PM.
If you have any questions, send me or another mod a PM and we can discuss. I'll answer when I have some time. I'm at an MLS game tonight, so I won't be around as much as usual. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom