• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

General update thread

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
This forum certainly took a hit but that was one step back for the two steps forward. I like it.

bitbydeath

Gold Member
Any news on the site refresh yet?
One thing I'd like to see in the new design is a templated [OT] design.
Save people half the time to create an [OT] and let them just fill in the blanks and add the appropriate media.
People can obviously still create their own variants but it could even give those who do a starting point to getting a great [OT] on the way.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Any news on the site refresh yet?
One thing I'd like to see in the new design is a templated [OT] design.
Save people half the time to create an [OT] and let them just fill in the blanks and add the appropriate media.
People can obviously still create their own variants but it could even give those who do a starting point to getting a great [OT] on the way.

The main design work has been completed and we're scheduled to install the design on our test server on the 5th (labor day weekend atm). We'll open it up to some folks for beta testing, get feedback and tweak it until everything's looking 100% gaffy and ready for action.

More news on that front soon. :goog_geek:

bitbydeath

Gold Member
The main design work has been completed and we're scheduled to install the design on our test server on the 5th (labor day weekend atm). We'll open it up to some folks for beta testing, get feedback and tweak it until everything's looking 100% gaffy and ready for action.

Thanks, I'm all for throwing in my 5 cents if you want to send it my way.

Do neogaf gold users get early access to the new design?

Green Saber

I have said it before but I think it is worth saying again, the site is looking and feeling great, the updates to the site are great, the future is looking good.

Great work by all involved.

Eotheod

It is basically the same exact layout with words changed.
It isn't. At all. But also site design isn't inherit to a "I did it first" because it is a design attributed to the needs of the media or platform. You can't have a "right" to how a forum is designed outside of original imagery development.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
They typically just take up real estate can’t say I’m a fan.

Same, but I don't know that I've been on a forum with signatures that didn't allow you to turn them off so you don't see them. So it's never bothered me as I just turned them off. Best of both worlds IMO as people that like having them can have them and everyone can decide whether to view them or not.

Top Bottom