• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Finding the Rap GOAT final (2Pac vs Eminem)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he's used it once in his earlier times, but that actually is an interesting question. He hasn't had to use crutches like that like a lot of rappers have to use to make rhyming 101 easy.

Because this is a competition of best rappers of all time not who's the best fad of 2013.

Are you trying to imply that people think most rappers are good because they used the n-word?

KingGondo

Banned
yeah, very odd. the man has proved himself ten times over as one of the greatest wordsmiths of all time.

his discography may be very inconsistent, but as a rapper his talent is undeniable.
So... cool. He'd probably win a pretty high % of rap battle tournaments.

Too bad his actual music is butt and has been for years.

Fevaweva

Eminem is 100% more interesting than Pac and I don't even like Eminem that much.

Andre 3000 is a better rapper than either of them though. I am disappointed GAF.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
2pac. But then again I stopped really listening to rap music after he died so I'm probably not a very good judge!

Eos

WTF

lol, besides his battle rap style, he's literally know for conceptual stuff, he's work is very focus.

breh you listen to rap god, for example? em is all over the place. his technical skill is there but overall the song is messy af with a terrible beat

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
breh you listen to rap god, for example? em is all over the place. his technical skill is there but overall the song is messy af with a terrible beat

I cant help you with the beat if you dont like it, but to say Em was all over the place in that song tells me you just didnt get it. and conceptually the song is not that hard to get, he's the Rap god, showing off his technical skills, shitting on his critics, making fun of them(like he always does, with his humor), whats all over the place about it, its a pretty straight track...

MoodyFog

1) Jay-Z
2) Kool G Rap
3) Scarface
4) Biggie
5) Ice Cube
6) Nas
7) Rakim
8) Ghostface Killah
9) Big Pun
10) MF DOOM

Tupac would be in top 15, Em in top 20.

Majestad

Banned
Em is the goat. Another nutpunch for the "loleminemhaterz". Dude has the numbers, the records sold, the support from people, the support from the actual hip-hop community, the street-cred or whatever garbage some look for, the body of works, the awards, the fanbase.,etc.

EUA

Eminem? LOL.
Well, all he can do is make fun of his critics cause he's not acclaimed.

cheesus christ, bwahaha.

and especially lol at jay-z. The guy was buttfucked in Renegade.

since i can't relate to "n-word this, n-word that and mufackaz on ma dick" kind of rap I go with Eminem.

Cheddahz

Banned
Em is the goat. Another nutpunch for the "loleminemhaterz". Dude has the numbers, the records sold, the support from people, the support from the actual hip-hop community, the street-cred or whatever garbage some look for, the body of works, the awards, the fanbase.,etc.

shut up

cheesus christ, bwahaha.

since i can't relate to "n-word this, n-word that and mufackaz on ma dick" kind of rap I go with Eminem.

So you relate to rap about rape, drug use, and violence? Cool story bro.

Every Em thread plays out the exact same way lol.

Nibel

Congrats on counting everything that has zero to do with being the GOAT

Like, you guys gotta decide: What GOAT? As a rapper? Or in terms of success as an artist?

smh

What does this have to do with being the GOAT rapper again? You know, like lyrics, flow, metaphors, storytelling, classic albums, consistency, etc?

Em was an amazing rapper, only a hater would deny that. But his best albums don't really come close to the best albums of anyone else in the GOAT contention list (Nas, Jay, Biggie, etc). If you want to argue Slim Shady or Marshall Mathers LP are better than Illmatic or Ready To Die go ahead, but no one is taking that shit seriously.

Blobbers

I've only ever listened to Eminem so I pick Eminem. My favorites are Without Me (always lol at the Robin costume) and The Real Slim Shady. Rap should be filled with funny lines but also hard-hitting (the term is called versatility).

Bacon

Eminem is your favorite rapper's favorite rapper
troll.png

Cedric

cheesus christ, bwahaha.

LOL really man? I take it then you relate to murder and rape?

Eos

cheesus christ, bwahaha.

do you listen to music or do you just skim through it?
because if you did, you'd know jay's verses were pretty good
buttfucked lol, FOH

Ke0

Off the top of my head, in no particular order outside of the first couple

Nas, Kool G Rap, Ghostface Killah, Biggie, Scarface, Andre 3000, KRS-One, 2Pac, Ice Cube, Jay Z.

My criteria is pretty simple. Lyrics, flow, consistency (albums), storytelling, metaphors, longevity. My problem with Eminem is that his best work doesn't age well, he hasn't really grown much as a rapper, and he has been trash for a decade. He was a great rapper but his recent stuff is just bad, and the older stuff doesn't really hold up in hindsight. Obviously my list features other people who suck now (KRS-One) too.

I'm hesitant to put 2Pac in the top ten as well. While he's a personal favorite, as a rapper he doesn't really hold a candle to guys like Biggie, Nas, Jay, etc. Or as a lyricist. But as a songwriter he was pretty damn good, and had one of the best voices/delivery in rap.

My problem with Em stans is that it's obvious most don't listen to rap outside of Em and a few rappers connected to Dr Dre. So they sit around marveling at Eminem's amazing flow while ignoring the people he got it from (G Rap, Nas, AZ, etc). Basically Eminem fans tend to be music plebes who only listen to him. How anyone can defend his last few albums is beyond me.

Consistent albums and Jay-Z?

I prefer artists who talk about positive ideas and overcoming adversity (lose yourself, recovery, same love) to those who only further racial divides and stereotypes or promote thuggery/violence.

I guess I'm too grown up for the immaturity and hateful attitudes that are so prevalent in rap.

He lost like three rounds ago to Tupac, which is a garbage result for 1) losing to Tupac and 2) losing three rounds before the finals.

like I give a fuck about what the folk Ambrosia4Heads cares about,

I know that biggie isn't apart of the top two, and therefore the list doesn't matter.

Majestad

Banned
do you listen to music or do you just skim through it?
because if you did, you'd know jay's verses were pretty good
buttfucked lol, FOH

The term renegade'd, as significant as "ether", came from Eminem completely outshining Jay-z and releasing the best verse of the entire album. It gave Nas some of the best ammo in history to try to embarrass camel, and he did.

Bacon

I prefer artists who talk about positive ideas and overcoming adversity (lose yourself, recovery, same love) to those who only further racial divides and stereotypes or promote thuggery/violence.

I guess I'm too grown up for the immaturity and hateful attitudes that are so prevalent in rap.

You must not listen to rap then if this is the conclusions you are coming to about the genre as a whole

Ke0

cheesus christ, bwahaha.

But you can relate to homophobia, raping your mom, killing your girlfriend, killing random people?

Honestly...that's terrifying

EUA

I see no one realized i was trying to fucking troll. Damn it was too obvious, wasn't it?

Yes I think without me and till i collapse and stan and sing for the moment and lose yourself are so much better than anything rap has to offer, so of course I prefer Eminem.

The reason I even posted all that shit is because of other really well thought arguments like lol eminem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom