• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

eso76

Not expecting much of a rework, might be using cutscene models and maybe unified models for characters present in all 3 games, maybe better lighting and 1080p/60.
Still great value. Buying !

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I might get this, even though I've played through all of them several times already. 1080p60? Mmm. But maybe not if it's a full-priced title. Which I guess it will be.

Thoraxes

I have 3 sitting here... Never played it to finish out the original trilogy.

Wonder if this will be 60 FPS, especially after the fiasco over 3 when it released, haha.

Azzawon

Why would you freakin' do this? You got around to waking up and using GAF, but haven't got around to playing Uncharted 2? Or 3? Work is no excuse either. Just call out. There's treasure to locate.
Dat backlog tho. I know, it's shameful that I actually have them. I never really go on my PS3 any more though.
Is now a bad time to say I still haven't finished TLOU either?

My biggest problem is that I look at the PS3 and think "It's only a matter of time before everything I want to play gets remastered anyway" and here we are :p

Alienous

The point you were trying to make was that U4 was delayed because they could then release this collection in the holidays. The point I made was that they delayed the collection because of the U4 delay.

Different scenarios.

No, my point, as I said, was the order. The point was that pushing Uncharted 4 out of the holiday season and having an Uncharted collection in its stead would be more profitable than having released Uncharted 4 in the holidays and the collection any time after.

Awesome! Never had a PS3 and without backwards compatibility I love that they are remastering most of the best games

Please mgs4 remaster next!

delSai

Awesome. I'll play those games again. And Multiplayer should be fun! Master Thief collection as a name would be funnier, but eh, it's just a name.

My god ...

I predict it'll be available now to buy digitally everywhere @E3 and then physical in a few weeks. More likely though it's an September/October release.
I remember when people thought they were going to do that for the last of us remaster. I doubt it but im sure it will launch very shortly after the announcement.

kyser73

A gaffer on a rumour thread came up with the best title:

The Master Thief Collection

Sooo looking forward to this as a UC 4 appetiser.

I have a feeling that an Uncharted Collection pre-release + a mid-year Uncharted 4 release (The Last of Us sold fine) would make more money than an Uncharted Collection post-release + a holiday season Uncharted 4 release.

I think releasing Uncharted 4 first limits the sales potential of the collection.

Agreed. Plus, UC4 in the spring with little to no competition is going to sell like crazy anyways. It just makes sense to release the Nathan Drake collection first. There are plenty coming from other platforms who haven't played the games yet. There are those who no longer have their PS3's or want to break away from them. And there are old fans who simply want to play new enhanced versions. Putting this out first and during the holiday while having UC4 still left to release makes great sense, I think.

What would really suck for TR, is if Sony got spiteful and held the release of UC4 to when the new TR releases if / when it comes to PS4. Sony would lose out on some TR sales ('cause ain't nobody missing out on UC4), but a harsh point would be made to S-E.

A gaffer on a rumour thread came up with the best title:

The Master Thief Collection

Wow. Love it :)

bombshell

Greg Miller infiltrated the IGN comments.

LWV6N4H.png

No, my point, as I said, was the order. The point was that pushing Uncharted 4 out of the holiday season and having an Uncharted collection in its stead would be more profitable than having released Uncharted 4 in the holidays and the collection any time after.

Why would they release it out of order if the point is for peoe to catch up before playing the 4th?

GeeTeeCee

I'd consider buying it again, though it's probably too much to hope that they'll adjust some of the crazy difficulty spikes in UC3. I still have nightmares about that cruise ship ballroom...

BokehKing

Banned
The remaster fatigue is so real this gen.
Tons of people never played it, I don't see the big deal with the remaster hate. It seems like the hip thing to do now.
I purchased mcc to catch up on halo games I never played, damn shame Xbox 1 didn't have a fables 1 remaster, would have appreciated that more over "legends". Until you're in the shoes of someone who never played the games before, you will never get it.

I never beat uncharted 2 or 3, so yeah, I'm getting this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom