• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Playstation storefront on iOS reveals Uncharted the Nathan Drake collection

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will continue just as they have this generation. Remastering old content does not impact new content. It's not like Sony or Nintendo is going to stop making new games just because they once made a game for PS1.

We're in agreement (kind of) - my point was that companies will be forced to invest more heavily in new titles (either new IP on sequels) because remastering old titles won't be an option any more as on *this* generation, the new titles aren't platform exclusive anymore.

Using MGS V as an example, MGS used to be one of Sony's exclusive crown jewels but now it's cross platform. The point is that in the future on PS5 / Xbox 720, there's no point in remastering MGS V because everyone will have already played it this generation whatever console they own which didn't previously happen.

This generation, it's the remasters that are keeping things afloat - there's only a handful of games I'm interested in and a large percentage are remasters.

Next generation, that's not going to be an option for companies - they will be forced to release new titles - but given the usual spiralling dev costs it's more likely that we'll see less and less games that interest us.

WITHE1982

Ha. Great timing when I finally bought Uncharted 3 this morning to complete the trilogy. Still double dipping though. Given the job ND did with TLOU I'm expecting great things from this remaster.

KORNdoggy

oh god, if they got them running as sexy as that U3 60fps footage that would be awesome. i'm expecting upressed and 30 though.

it's day one either way. love this series. even if the collection sounds like a range of clothing.

Alienous

Are you serious? No that makes no sense whatsoever. Cynic is not appropriate label here at all.

How strange. I'm reading the words but I'm not seeing a compelling counter-argument.

It's a chicken or egg situation; even if you reverse it, It's quite likely for people to pick up the UC trilogy after enjoying UC4 (which will be heavily marketed and sell tons regardless)

My point was I think a "Here's the story so far" collection has more appeal before the latest iteration of the series than it does after.

It would be sort of like watching a marathon of all of the MCU films after watching Age of Ultron instead of before. I'm sure before has more market appeal.

If it's reasonably priced (£40/$60) for all three on disc then I'll pick it up for sure.

Is there a chance they'll just release it digitally though? then people could buy them separately or together for a discount?

I think a separate release is unlikely. Digital sure, but only the full trilogy.

10890503_402299039951283_947813479_a.jpg

Keeping the trend going by copying the name format of another system seller's collection!
Kappa

image.php

Noobcraft

In for UC2. Just give me a release date. I also think they could have been a bit more creative with the name but whatever.

I-hate-u

It does seem that is wasn't planned to be an E3 announcement. Not sure why they would announce though 2 weeks before the show.

I guess they're going to do like MCC, a single menu where you choose between the single player campaign of U1/2/3 and a multiplayer section. Just 1 multiplayer mode for the all collection.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Come on now, HD remaster that Golden Abyss and add it into this collection!

Portugeezer

Gold Member
Day 1. Can't wait to play the trilogy for the first time. I hope they worked on Uncharted 1 combat, I heard that is the weakest of the series.

Please be the one from UC2

If it has MP, it should play the same across all games, just with all the maps. Having different gameplay between UC2/3 multiplayer would be a bit crap. But who knows.

Azzawon

It was either that or the cover of The Sly Collection.

You think that'll get ported? I have that too thanks to PS+ but I couldn't really get into it (on Vita, at least). I'd love to see them do a Crash collection of 1, 2, 3
and CTR
but they generally only ported PS2 games to PS3 for their collections.

Drencrom

I wonder what gameplay tweaks/changes there'll be for the games (if any), Uncharted 1 was pretty great when it came out but it needs a bit more than just 1080p 60fps now.

Also, vanilla Uncharted 2 mp (before the 'health balance' update) would be great.

Alo0oy

Banned
Wasn't there a new Naughty Dog job ad for a fashion designer? I read an article about it. Yeah they get the "expert" advice.

They probably want to do a half tuck promotion with UC4, it came out of nowhere with UC3 when women started doing them, so I think ND want to be prepared this time.

GnawtyDog

Banned
If it has MP, it should play the same across all games, just with all the maps. Having different gameplay between UC2/3 multiplayer would be a bit crap. But who knows.

No way. Different perks and balancing - I like my kickbacks too damn much. Cluster bomb for happy feet.

foxbeldin

You think that'll get ported? I have that too thanks to PS+ but I couldn't really get into it (on Vita, at least). I'd love to see them do a Crash collection of 1, 2, 3
and CTR
but they generally only ported PS2 games to PS3 for their collections.

No it was an example of why Sony didn't "steal" the format name from Halo:MCC.

edit : oh, you were joking.

Azzawon

what other words do you use for Collection ?

I was referring to 'The Nathan Drake Collection', makes it sound like there's other UC games without Nathan Drake.

I was joking though :p

No it was an example of why Sony didn't "steal" the format name from Halo:MCC.

edit : oh, you were joking.

Oh haha, I'm with you now! They did generally call them trilogies rather than collections, didn't they? It's actually quite interesting how this collection isn't called a trilogy too. I wonder if Golden Abyss is included...

Finishing up 2 right now. Still no PS4 yet so gonna go ahead and finish 3. Probably pick up the collection if it hits the 20$ mark. Just hope they fix the wonky controls. Game just doesnt have the right feeling of control to me but im still enjoying the series immensely.

zero86r

I played the first game for a bit and didn't get into it at all, I do own all of the series and haven't touched them. Do I trade em in now with this on the way or just play them anyway? (eventually).Decisions decisions.

I was referring to 'The Nathan Drake Collection', makes it sound like there's other UC games without Nathan Drake.

I was joking though :p

Oh haha, I'm with you now! They did generally call them trilogies rather than collections, didn't they? It's actually quite interesting how this collection isn't called a trilogy too. I wonder if Golden Abyss is included...

That'll be a good thing; keep making Uncharted games but with new explorers. For me, this is pretty much pointing to UC4 been Nathan's last , but you never know it might be just because they've gone with an ultra-conventional name for the set.

Alienous

Why did you completely ignore my post? Too much truth in it for your narrative?

lol.

Ok.

You forgot the third, and more likely, scenario.

The collection released in the summer months with U4 in the holidays. With the delay, the collection also got pushed back to polish it further.

My point was the release order. A collection released before Uncharted 4 would make more money than one released after. This scenario is one I covered, the collection releasing before Uncharted 4.

I don't see what point you're making.

DOWN

Banned
If TLOU was unlocked 60, no way these should be anything less than 1080p60 with maybe 3 being unlocked, no?

bombshell

My point was the release order. A collection released before Uncharted 4 would make more money than one released after. This scenario is one I covered, the collection releasing before Uncharted 4.

I don't see what point you're making.

The point you were trying to make was that U4 was delayed because they could then release this collection in the holidays. The point I made was that they delayed the collection because of the U4 delay.

Different scenarios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom