• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

thejared said:
no one has ruined this thread besides the people who believe i have some hidden agenda. the avatar play was merely for their amusement since they already branded me as a decorated SDF agent..
I'm pretty certain your limited posting history managed that. With a little more skill you could have easily posted about all the inaccuracies and failings you see but without making it quite so obvious.

[Nintex]

Wow, racing games are so close to reality these days. Lights used to be a single texture on the back of the car and now even the LED's are modelled seperatly. I can hardly believe we've come this far.

thejared

arne said:
dude che, i was looking over my R8 and i think the gaps around the door and the a-pillar off by .35 millimeters. can you post another sceenshot from a different angle just to make sure. i'll have to go return this sumabitch and buy another R8 if it's not right.

if you really wanna know for sure, you could just check GT5:prologue.

Zhuk

Banned
thejared said:
merely giving a suggestion since Prologue has his R8 in it. and im not sure if forza 2 has it or not.

thats all

Yes it does :D came with the December Car Pack all the way back in 2007.

Oh and blog article here for those that missed it on a studio visit:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/blogs/turn_10s_forza_motorsport_blog/archive/2009/07/16/studio-tour-journalists-get-a-good-look-at-forza-motorsport-3.aspx

I wouldn't mind having that Hydraulic Simulator at where I work!

Zhuk

Banned
jakonovski said:
Is my Ferrari in there? If not, should I buy a Lambo (if they're in GT5)?

Now you mention it, Ferrari did make an appearance in GT5P (with the awe inspiring power of the F2007 F1 car to boot), but Lamborghini still haven't.

The pettiness in both this and the GT thread is borderline incomprehensible,Can't there be one damn discussion without the fanboy shit derailing it to hell?

lord pie

[Nintex] said:
Wow, racing games are so close to reality these days. Lights used to be a single texture on the back of the car and now even the LED's are modelled seperatly. I can hardly believe we've come this far.

The most amazing thing is it would have cost a lot of money to model those lights. You'd probably be looking at $300 or so, just for the tail light. The sheer effort demanded by gamers these days for perceptual perfection is just ludicrous, and when something is apparently not quite attaining that perfection, well, clearly it's a serious problem and must be fixed.
I don't think people appreciate the sheer mind boggling amount of work these car models (alone!) require. There are reasons why we are in the age of $100+ million dollar games.

You know what. If they did model the LEDs exactly like is being proposed, they'd be harder to see in game (due to display contrast and limits of resolution). Lighting up the whole circle more uniformly makes them easier to see, and more consistent with other cars. Making the game better, as you'd be more likely to notice someone is slowing down (which can be important).

But never mind that. If I did crash into someone, I'm sure they'd forgive me when I explained it was because their car had individually modeled LEDs in their tail lights.

:D

(both games look simply stunning btw)

gragy10

Shawsie64 said:
I keep on clicking on the thread thinking there's new screens or a video only to find idiots bickering about an LED or something :lol

Pretty much - more confirmation of point-to-point racings return, less LED fetishism pls

You know the Forza shot is taken from the side, right? As in, the actual bulbs themselves WILL overlap due to angle? That kindofo makes this whole argument silly as we don't have a head on shot from the back to look at.

Not that this discussion was worth a damn in the first place.

bj00rn_

Banned
Revelations said:
Will Bugatti make an appearance in Forza 3?

You edited your post god dammit!

Maserati
GranTurismo - C

So how come you know about the Maserati but not about a possible Bugatti?

dalin80

Banned
DOBERMAN INC said:
The pettiness in both this and the GT thread is borderline incomprehensible,Can't there be one damn discussion without the fanboy shit derailing it to hell?

actually things are pretty pleasant in the gt thread.

dalin80 said:

I know,I didn't want to be branded a *whatever* by taking sides.But you are right,I just want to see specific game discussion and not pointless bickering.

dalin80 said:
It's cyclic. Every now and then things go to shit over there, followed later by things going to shit over here... and the cycle continues.

Ploid 3.0

If I had a 360 I'd get this game along with that other game. People arguing are crazy, but I like this competition. It will make games better.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Mmmmmm more pics. So delicious.

Slayer-33 said:
29m0dvp.gif

:lol

Wow... Its been a long time between avatar quotes for me :D
AMUSIX said:
ok, I've seen a lot of references made to the rest of this image, so now I'm curious...what is it? where do I find it? tineye doesn't recognize it.

If you want details (and the full pic) send me a PM, just remember... YOU CANT UNSEE.

skyfinch

I was looking at one of my bugatti veyrons that I have parked in my garage and you guys at turn 9 didn't model the one connector thing right. Screw this, I'm going over to the Dirt 2 thread.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
thejared said:
i was merely pointing out a flaw in their models that should be fixed

No. You stated that Forza 3 clearly can't do lighting and was the reason behind having no night tracks and various other things.

Oh lawdy.

Lets just get back to the dicks. :lol

Dural

Well one interesting thing that I noticed with all of these picture of the G37 being posted is that you can see a lower LOD model in one of the screen shots. See here;

Low LOD
3729789766_8b73e573dd_o.jpg

High LOD
3729789660_c66d0f1fd5_o.jpg

Router said:
No. You stated that Forza 3 clearly can't do lighting and was the reason behind having no night tracks and various other things.

Oh lawdy.

Lets just get back to the dicks. :lol
Well, how many? All we've got confirmed is that F3 comes on two dicks. You wanna add some more, maybe?

Turn 10, please give me a fully modeled stock '91 CRX Si. Sure, it was old as dirt but it was my first love. Just go ahead and delete a Ferrari, Porsche, etc. to make room. Oh, and please include the optional CD player. I don't have any cassettes. I do, however, have picture of tailights, pre and post rear-end collision.

...che? Hello?

Che,

Is the Alpine ring gonna be back? It was the best track from FM1(imho) high speed track where the turns just flow and you actually feel like you're going somewhere instead of just circulating around a track, which you are but the awesomeness of the track hides, if that makes sense. :/

bj00rn_

Banned
Dural said:
Well one interesting thing that I noticed with all of these picture of the G37 being posted is that you can see a lower LOD model in one of the screen shots. See here;

Low LOD
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3505/3729789766_8b73e573dd_o.jpg[img]

[url=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2502/3729789660_c66d0f1fd5_o.jpg]High LOD[/url]
[img]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2502/3729789660_c66d0f1fd5_o.jpg[img][/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to be a 2 dicks here, but I don't get it. I guess the illusion works for me - Or I might just be blind :)

Edit: Wait, I just noticed it now. It took its time.. Illusion still good.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I came in to see if the Junior influx had impacted this thread. Not only am I not disappointed but I found out that Audi R8s have sharp knees.

bj00rn_ said:

You edited your post god dammit!

Maserati
GranTurismo - C

So how come you know about the Maserati but not about a possible Bugatti?

Well I didn't think volkswagen would let the Bugatti name in or not...I am hoping they allowed their 1.4 million, V16 super sport in the game.

Maserati was a given because of its open production rules.

Dural

bj00rn_ said:
I'm not trying to be a 2 dicks here, but I don't get it. I guess the illusion works for me - Or I might just be blind :)

Look at the wheel wells, interior, and tail lights.

Zhuk

Banned
Dural said:
Look at the wheel wells, interior, and tail lights.

Nice spotting, its good to see that the game looks very good even at multiple LOD's, very promising for the final release. Hopefully model quality will be high across the board, as Forza 2 did suffer from car models of varying quality.

200907151423033.jpg

So I guess that means we can take shots from outside the track now. Nice. Someone was raising a big stink about that in this thread earlier so they should be able to put their question to rest.

Firewire

Banned
WHOAguitarninja said:
200907151423033.jpg

So I guess that means we can take shots from outside the track now. Nice. Someone was raising a big stink about that in this thread earlier so they should be able to put their question to rest.

Is that artwork? Because something about the far off trees on the right don't look right. Just wondering.

Firewire said:
Is that artwork? Because something about the far off trees on the right don't look right. Just wondering.

You mean the skybox? The contrast of the skybox and the trees by the track is a bit odd, but I don't think that'll be an issue when the camera is lower because it'd look pretty much right at that angle.

Top Bottom