• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

phil_t

Banned
Didn't see it posted, but podcast out next week (I believe we thought it was this week)!

Landin @ FM.NET said:
I'm sure you can all understand just how hectic things have been around here since E3...with marketing ninja's cornering Che and I at every turn. What a time it has been. But enough about that.

Soo...we're recording a podcast this week. What's that got to do with you you say? Well alot actually...especially considering the number of folks who are dying for more info about some of the features we've already announced. I talked it over with Che and we've decided to answer the call.

We figured the best way to dive deep on the settings/features and small details that matter to you most is through a podcast, and that's exactly what we're doing. Of course we can't discuss everything, but I did spend some time looking through threads for relevent questions.

Either way expect the podcast to surface sometime next week unless stated otherwise in this thread! Just a heads up.

Until then have fun and play nice :)

Landin

SniperWolf said:
how about 1998 Nissan Maxima
1998NM.jpg

got damn

screw that, the 99 Subaru Legacy GT with the Twin Turbo EJ20H
and the Flat Six Subaru SVX

and I really hope the Mitsubishi FTO makes a return >.>

and some Old RWD Celicas!
Old Mazda RX's!

meh whatever

skyfinch

eso76 said:
Yeah, but i believe this is the first time we can view it with the wrong aspect ratio and the awful soundtrack.

: \

That's what makes it fresh and exciting. Like a new coat of paint.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Forza Pitpass Report podcast episode 7 is in the can and will be up tomorrow.

We dive deep on a bunch of features as I sit down with 2 designers to talk about everything.

Good times.

Hawk269

chespace said:
Forza Pitpass Report podcast episode 7 is in the can and will be up tomorrow.

We dive deep on a bunch of features as I sit down with 2 designers to talk about everything.

Good times.

Thanks Che...sounds like it might be a really good one...not that the others were crap or anything....lol...

So..about the NO NIGHTIME Races...What is up with that? Do you think it is possible that it may come as DLC later? Please.....how about I send you a 20 spot will that do it...or do I just have to go over your head and go to Greenwalt (sp)? lol...have a good one..looking forward to the pitpass.

Excellent podcast. Quite a bit of good information in there.

Revealing a new car every weekday with screens?! Make it happen Che!

There's plenty of good info on rewind, autobrake, scoreboard certification, the clutch pedal, auto upgrade, multiplayer hoppers and party system, etc. That, and a bit of teasing on features we have yet to see. I can't wait to hear more on the single-player Season career.

They also mentioned point-to-point races. :O

The new PI system sounds like a nice improvement. Apparently production cars can now be modified into and through the racecar-classes, (which have PI values as well). PI is now calculated based on the potential of the car itself, not the AI's ability to drive it as in FM2. So there will (hopefully) be no more 1000-hp muscle cars dominating the scoreboards.

Spaceman Spiff said:
Excellent podcast. Quite a bit of good information in there.

Revealing a new car every weekday with screens?! Make it happen Che!

There's plenty of good info on rewind, autobrake, scoreboard certification, the clutch pedal, auto upgrade, multiplayer hoppers and party system, etc. That, and a bit of teasing on features we have yet to see. I can't wait to hear more on the single-player Season career.

They also mentioned point-to-point races. :O

The new PI system sounds like a nice improvement. Apparently production cars can now be modified into and through the racecar-classes, (which have PI values as well). PI is now calculated based on the potential of the car itself, not the AI's ability to drive it as in FM2. So there will (hopefully) be no more 1000-hp muscle cars dominating the scoreboards.
First podcast I will listen too for a long time, sounds like a good one.

F2's PI system was quite good but it did fall down at some points, a few things needed manual adjusting but that was it. If they improved that in 3 then damn should have even more close races.

That really was a very informative podcast. Good to hear about the online lobby improvements. Forza 2's system, with an all-powerful host who could change all rules at any time, could indeed be pretty frustrating. I only hope that this new system will not have the same problems that Gears 2 had (or still has) with its extremely long matchmaking times when you're not in a party...

I hear there's going to be more ovals this time around for stock car races. change it up and and put Avus in :) not really an " oval but it has straight aways and bank corners(thats an "oval" right?)

157kyvo.jpg

4siu0h.jpg

Great podcast. Tons of good info presented.

I've got to say I'm a little torn about the clutch use. I'm not opposed to using the clutch button (sorry, no Fanatec for me). In fact, I'm looking forward to it. I just hope that we won't see clutch glitching, or some form of unrealistic clutch use dominating the leaderboards. For instance, no-lift shifting seems like a gimmie already. I'm just not sure it's a can of worms worth opening.

WolfgangK said:
For anyone interested in getting more info on my wheel stand, the feature is up now on the Forza site:

Do-It-Yourself Tricks for Steering Wheel Racers.
Hey, nicely done! Great write-up.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Oh man I cannot wait for more details about the Point to Point. One of the best features that will be in this game hands down. I missed it SO much in Forza 2.

The wait is going to get alot harder from now on :lol

cjelly said:
Someone explain point to point for me.

I don't understand the hoopla.
You don't drive around in circuits on a track... you drive from one point to another.

Imagine driving from the top of a mountain to the bottom along curving mountain roads and you've basically got it.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Psychotext said:
You don't drive around in circuits on a track... you drive from one point to another.

Imagine driving from the top of a mountain to the bottom along curving mountain roads and you've basically got it.
That's what I thought but I figured having 'tracks' just for point to point would be too much work.

:p

eso76

jet1911 said:
Bring back Pacific Shipyard!

having forgotten about that track i youtubed it and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qidJhPZMSrY&feature=related

how comes Forza 1 looks more convincing than F2 in many respects ?

Also, since they already confirmed no night racing, i don't think Pacific Shipyard will make a comeback, which is good since i always liked Fujimi Kaido bette :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OQgW4jfNTc&feature=related

again, it looks surprisingly good, a lot better than most replays in FM2 in several ways

F2 as great as it is, was rushed I think, by quite a bit to get a next gen sim racer out in time. I don't know but it feels that way.

Forza 1 has a great mix of things to do, point to point, street tracks like shipyard which is varied all over the place to mix things up, drag despite it being broken so the game felt more then just a closed race circuit racer, forza 2 imo was just that and only that, a closed circuit racer.

If 3 can bring back the charm of the first forza, woo!

I still fear Forza 3 might have been a bit rushed... seems there's still some major stuff they're working on and we're not exactly a long way from the release date.

Gynoug79

just listening the podcast....

like it pretty much so far but concerning the clutch:
is there a option to map the clutch on the right analog stick instead of LB ? or is the clutch even with the Fanatec wheel just a digital input e.g.: just engaged or not ?

Top Bottom