• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 3 - October 2009 release (ignore the OP at your peril)

Iknos

Gynoug79 said:

Everything else has been true I think.

Check this:

Most of the cuts came about because there is immense pressure to hit the release date. There are careers on the line with this one, because FM1 and FM2 were so late. There WILL be a game called FM3 ready to go for October, the only question has been what kind of game it will be.

Sony likes to give PD a lot of time because they know the game will sell consoles.

MS cracks the whip so that they couldn't put in all those features that it looked like T10 considered (weather, night races, more driver animations, using super high res models for replay, accurately modelled undercarriages).

Saiyu

chespace said:
Ferraris are back with a vengeance. We'll do a Ferrari reveal together with a new track reveal. We probably have the most Ferraris for any racing game this generation. And we're adding more all the time.

Please PLEASE tell me the real 250 GTO is in!

TTG said:
Does anyone have an article or any explanation for how it will work? Seems redundant to me if I have to click a clutch button then change gear and then let go of the clutch. Not only does it seem unnecessary, it also opens up a whole can of worms. If they're gonna simulate the transmissions that far, how about newer models that don't have a clutch? Older autos that don't let you change gear at all? Heel and toe, double clutch and a whole list of other shit? How about the difference between operating a full racing cluctch vs a street model?

I'm thinking the main reason for inclusion is for the drifters, although with the Fanatec wheel it should add an extra dimension to all racing.

RussTK said:
When using the GT-R in GT5:p the clutch is not recognized but gear switching is noticeably faster than sequential shifting on other cars.

Ahhhh ok, I'd imagine this could potentially open a whole can of worms with Forza 3's wide variety of upgrades.

Hajaz

Francorchamps01.jpg

plz make it happen t10

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
chespace said:
Ferraris are back with a vengeance. We'll do a Ferrari reveal together with a new track reveal. We probably have the most Ferraris for any racing game this generation. And we're adding more all the time.

YES. YES. Enzo please. Now add the R35 GT-R and I will sleep with you. I hope this time I will be able to paint my own Enzo without having to drag myself through the difficult career mode, which I still have not gotten through :(

RussTK

Banned
Gynoug79 said:

Tofu R said:
No R35 GTR, because they are a bunch of twatwaffles. Apparently the GTR team is independent from the rest of Nissan on many levels, one of them being licensing. The only way they would allow us to use the R35 was if it had no damage, no rollover, no custom wheels, no custom parts that improved performance, no painting, and no livery. So we said no thanks.

EA apparently didnt get that speil:

2qi73fb.jpg

eraars.jpg

post-256-1195477407.jpg

Custom Livery - Check
Custom parts - Check
Custom Wheels - Check
Damage - Check

Did the GTR team change their mind?

gtmax

More like: the creator of GT series was involved with the GTR team in making the graphics/navigation stuff of the GTR. Forza3 is a real threat to GT franchise...but one car a game does not make. I won't feel that i've driven the GTR, or that i know what it drives like, unless i take it out in FOrza3.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
Wat's a GT-R?

don't worry about the GTR or any one specific car for that matter as it does not make or break a racing game. also, just because we haven't announced X car doesn't mean X car is off limits.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The GT-R, being such a fan favourite, huge car in "car culture" as well as probably the #1 requested car for all video games (alongside the Veyron), is a bullet point for video games. Sure its not big enough to be a dealbreaker, but I was surprised not to see it in the trailer for Forza 3.

Forget that, Ferrari explosion confirmed :D Hopefully some that have never been in a video game before.

enzo_gt said:
The GT-R, being such a fan favourite, huge car in "car culture" as well as probably the #1 requested car for all video games (alongside the Veyron), is a bullet point for video games. Sure its not big enough to be a dealbreaker, but I was surprised not to see it in the trailer for Forza 3.
I wouldn't be surprised if you do see it... with part of the dashboard missing.

Iknos

RussTK said:
EA apparently didnt get that speil:

Custom Livery - Check
Custom parts - Check
Custom Wheels - Check
Damage - Check

Did the GTR team change their mind?

Maybe rollover was the key issue?

Woo-Fu said:
Until both of them are on the same platform neither of them are a real threat to each other.

Maybe that makes it a bigger threat there's more on the line.

The continued lack of Spa in racing games is just insulting at this point. I don't need to spend any more time at Laguna Seca and including Tsukuba is just a joke. Give me good, proper circuits.

RussTK

Banned
Iknos said:
Maybe rollover was the key issue?

I am almost positive that you can roll all cars in Pro Street.

chespace said:
Wat's a GT-R?

don't worry about the GTR or any one specific car for that matter as it does not make or break a racing game. also, just because we haven't announced X car doesn't mean X car is off limits.

Subliminal posting?

Saiyu

RomanticHeroX said:
The continued lack of Spa in racing games is just insulting at this point. I don't need to spend any more time at Laguna Seca and including Tsukuba is just a joke. Give me good, proper circuits.

Amen - Tsukuba got boring with GT4. Still, we at least know Le Mans is in, although how cool it would be to have some real drivers circuits such as Spa, Istanbul and Zandvoort.

santouras

che, if there is one track I would get as DLC for forza 3 (cause I haven't seen it on any lists yet) it would be Mt Panorama, otherwise known as Bathurst. It is the best known race track in Australia and is rated as one of the best road tracks in the world, and combines massive straights with balls to the wall cornering through a blind dropoff that separates the men from the boys.

A couple of vids of qualifying times for the most prestigious race there, the Bathurst 1000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FruFn6iMUuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SawhpwFnLFc

This track is etched into every Australian racing fans heart, and whilst I know we don't make up a large percentage of the Forza buying public I could almost guarantee you'd shift easily 200 to 300% more units if this track was in the game and featured on the front (or with a sticker)

vanty

santouras said:
che, if there is one track I would get as DLC for forza 3 (cause I haven't seen it on any lists yet) it would be Mt Panorama, otherwise known as Bathurst. It is the best known race track in Australia and is rated as one of the best road tracks in the world, and combines massive straights with balls to the wall cornering through a blind dropoff that separates the men from the boys.

A couple of vids of qualifying times for the most prestigious race there, the Bathurst 1000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FruFn6iMUuE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SawhpwFnLFc

This track is etched into every Australian racing fans heart, and whilst I know we don't make up a large percentage of the Forza buying public I could almost guarantee you'd shift easily 200 to 300% more units if this track was in the game and featured on the front (or with a sticker)
They know what Bathurst is. They made an imitation of it in FM1, persumably because whoever had the V8 Supercar rights at the time had exlusive rights to the track or something. I hope they can include it in FM3 though, probably my most wanted track behind Autopolis (which will probably never be even in Gran Turismo, let alone Forza) and Spa.

Zhuk

Banned
the Mt Panorama circuit is based on public roads so I don't see why it couldn't be included in the game (I only live an hour or so away from it), anyways its always good to see it get some international recognition, i'm always surprised to see a lot of Americans and Europeans actually knowing what the circuit is.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
saladine1 said:
Bathurst is not in this time, but Blue Mountain track from FM1 will make a return.

Sad,sad day in gaming history.

Dan has said both Australian tracks and cars are in FM3.

DodgerSan

state_vector_collapse said:
Is there any news on what will be included with the PAL limited edition? I see a few places offering pre-orders, but with no details at all about what you get.

I was one of the people who took part in that survey around 12 months ago and it mentioned stuff like limited packs with gloves, overalls and even a helmet. I'd definitely be interested in a pack containing something like that.

Not that interesting I'm afraid. From the GAME product page:

LIMITED COLLECTOR'S EDITION

The Forza 3 Limited Edition comes with:

* Forza Motorsport 2GB USB Storage and keychain.
* Forza Motorsport VIP Membership* and Exclusive Car Pack*: Want to be a top painter, tuner, driver or just more active in the community? VIP membership is the way to get yourself noticed. Includes special treatment within the online Auction House, Community Storefront and on the Forzamotorsport.net forums. Also includes 5 of the hottest cars from the roster of Forza Motorsport 3, available only through your VIP membership.
* Exclusive Collector’s Edition Car Pack*: This one is for the fans. This pack includes 5 cars that have been hand tuned and hand painted by the developers at Turn 10 to fly the Forza Motorsport colours.
* Exclusive Forza Motorsport 3 Theme:* Customise your Dashboard experience with this limited availability Xbox 360 theme.

* Requires access to Xbox LIVE

Forza Motorsport 3 is the definitive racing game for everyone from hardcore tuners to anyone who’s ever dreamed of driving at full-throttle.

Backed by breathtaking HD graphics and bone-jarring physics, you’ll take the wheel of more than 400 of the most-beloved cars on over 100 renowned real-world tracks and exotic road courses from around the globe.

Forza Motorsport 3” includes driving assists and adjustable skill levels to make the game a gripping pick-up-and-play experience for audiences of all ages and skill levels, while new customization and sharing tools will further fuel the imaginations of the thriving “Forza Motorsport” community on Xbox LIVE.

Jinjo

That limited edition sounds interesting. Might lift my self-imposed ban on buying LE's for this one.

Also, that first Bathurst vid is epic.

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
bran said:
GTR + Nur circuit = sold

No GTR = no sale

Looks like I'm gonna have to play SHIFT instead.

Turn10 just had too much trouble trying to accuretly model the shittiness of the R35 gearbox. Also all the extra menu screens to virtually deal with Nissan Warranty claims would have made it a 12 Disc game.

Iknos

Router said:
Dan has said both Australian tracks and cars are in FM3.

I don't remember him saying it that explicitly...just "Aussie cars and tracks will be in the game" or something like that with no concrete definition on what exactly.

I'm assuming Blue Mountain if not Bathurst. With over 100 tracks I assume most if not all FM1 tracks to be back though we'll never really know.

We probably won't even know full details up until the game's out.

The game could be out and we still wouldn't know. You'd go to select a track and you'd see a circuit that looks like Bathurst and the name is all scrambled and when you select it a screen will pop up saying "we will neither confirm or deny whether this track is available".

Woo-Fu

Banned
evolution said:
I disagree, if Forza was multiplat it wouldn't be nearly as big making it less threatening
You're missing the point. If I have a PS3, and I want a sim-like racer I'm going to buy a GT game. If I have a 360, and I want a sim-like racer I'm going to buy a Forza game. If I have both platforms I buy both games because good console sim racers are few and far between.

I just don't see that there are that many people who are really faced with choosing one game over the other. They play one or the other through necessity of having the console it runs on or they have the luxury of playing both.

The competition appears to be mostly fanboy fodder from where I'm sitting.

acm2000

Router said:
Turn10 just had too much trouble trying to accuretly model the shittiness of the R35 gearbox. Also all the extra menu screens to virtually deal with Nissan Warranty claims would have made it a 12 Disc game.

:lol

DerrickH

Neo Member
chespace said:

I think Ferrari Challenge Trofeo Pirelli sports around 25 different models. Which bodes well for the depth of prancing horses in Forza 3.

Zhuk

Banned
chespace said:

Hopefully that includes a few choice selections of Ferrari's F1 cars... :)

Zhuk

Banned
RayStorm said:
You mistakenly wrote "F1 cars" instead of "F355 Challenge"!

Forza 2 had 355 Challenge so i'm sure Forza 3 will have it :) that is actually my favourite Ferrari road car as well, nothing sounds as good as their 3.5l V8 on their road cars.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
Official PR about the LCE was released earlier:

Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector’s Edition Details Revealed and Community Design Champion Crowned

October 27 will mark the launch of “Forza Motorsport 3” in North America, exclusively on Xbox 360. With more than 400 cars on over 100 tracks, the next game in the heralded series will be the biggest and most vividly realistic console racing title launching this holiday. And while all “Forza Motorsport 3” players will get to experience the bone-jarring physics, unparalleled levels of customization, and epic car and track list, fans who purchase the Limited Collector’s Edition will find even more goodies under the hood.

Available for purchase exclusively at Gamestop in the U.S., the Forza Motorsport 3 Limited Collector’s Edition (LCE) gives aspiring drivers, tuners and painters instant VIP Membership status within the Forza community including special recognition in the new Storefront feature as well as the online Auction House, scoreboards, ForzaMotorsport.net and more. As a VIP member, consumers gain exclusive access to five of the world’s hottest cars:

* 2009 Aston Martin DBS
* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
* 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
* 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

And if you crave cars, you won’t want to miss another perk of the “Forza Motorsport 3” LCE – an Exclusive Collector’s Car Pack, personally hand-picked, tuned and painted by the team at Turn 10:

* Audi R8 5.2 FSI Quattro (
* Acura NSX (Forza Motorsport Cover Car)
* Nissan Fairlady (Forza Motorsport 2 Cover Car)
* Aston Martin DB9 (Forza Motorsport 2 European Cover Car)
* 2008 Dodge Charger Stock Car (with Xbox 360 livery)

In addition to the exclusive cars, Turn 10 also plans to create a series of new and exclusive designs and tuning kits exclusively for VIPs. And to show off your true “Forza Motorsport” pride and prowess, consumers also receive a Forza Motorsport 3 collector’s keychain and a 2GB USB thumbdrive in which you can store your favorite “Forza” videos, photos and designs to easily share them with friends.

Pre-Order Offer Update: Last but not least, the Forza Community has spoken, dubbing Midland, Michigan USA Forza fan Justin Van Dusen II’s custom painted Audi R8 V10 the official pre-order car for “Forza Motorsport 3.” After nearly 300,000 votes were tallied on Xbox LIVE, Justin’s unique design took the checkered flag and will be available as an exclusive download to those who pre-order “Forza Motorsport 3.” To see the winning design visit http://forza.xbox.com.

“Forza Motorsport 3” is rated E for Everyone. For LCE box art and car screenshots as well as images of the pre-order vehicle, press are invited to visit http://forza.xbox.com or http://edelmanadmin.psni.com/public/Forza Motorsport 3/.

Does this mean what I think it means?

a 2GB USB thumbdrive in which you can store your favorite “Forza” videos, photos and designs to easily share them with friends.
a 2GB USB thumbdrive in which you can store your favorite “Forza” videos, photos and designs to easily share them with friends.

Probably not. :( Probably have to upload to FM.net, download to PC, then use the USB drive on your PC.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
saladine1 said:
Bathurst is not in this time, but Blue Mountain track from FM1 will make a return.

Sad,sad day in gaming history.

still talking out of your ass or do you have some evidence of this?

As a VIP member, consumers gain exclusive access to five of the world’s hottest cars:

* 2009 Aston Martin DBS
* 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1
* 2007 Ferrari 430 Scuderia
* 2007 Lamborghini Gallardo Superleggera
* 2007 Porsche 911 GT3 RS (997)

If exclusive really means exclusive there... I see some pushed over magazine racks incoming.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Psychotext said:
If exclusive really means exclusive there... I see some pushed over magazine racks incoming.

they'll likely be available on the auction house from turn10 themselves... but yeah, stuff like that is still BS

Top Bottom