• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona Community Thread |OT7| P5 is nyaow. (Mark all PQ and P4U spoilers!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sophia

i literally just tried this tonight.

too much english for japanese speakers, too niche for english speakers.

must retry with personagaf

Oh yeah, I forgot. You're likely to be with Japanese friends/associates. Well that kind of rules out a lot of Persona music then.... o_o

Lunar15

Even Atlus has worked with Pewdiepie before on promotional stuff:

Don't quite understand AtlusUSA's response on this. Why would it matter if the community liked the influencer or not? My understanding would be that you work with an influencer to gather a new audience. There's plenty of ways to stay connected and foster goodwill with an already engaged fanbase, but you're usually reaching out to influencers in order to capture their audience.

I mean, I get it, you don't want to anger your existing fans, but I also feel like only doing what they want and reaching out to influencers they watch results in less new fans.

For example, I think people in this thread would love Persona to get exposure through PewDiePie's channels, even if most of us aren't huge fans of his show.

Don't quite understand AtlusUSA's response on this. Why would it matter if the community liked the influencer or not? My understanding would be that you work with an influencer to gather a new audience. There's plenty of ways to stay connected and foster goodwill with an already engaged fanbase, but you're usually reaching out to influencers in order to capture their audience.

I mean, I get it, you don't want to anger your existing fans, but I also feel like only doing what they want and reaching out to influencers they watch results in less new fans.

For example, I think people in this thread would love Persona to get exposure through PewDiePie's channels, even if most of us aren't huge fans of his show.

Because the same people would rather it go through channels that aren't PDP. Think about it, most people loved the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of P4. So to those dumbasses, those are the only people or type of people to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised also if there's discontent from the old guard of LP watchers, fans of people like Slowbeef, Chipcheezum, and the like. Basically, a bunch of old fogies pissed that their favorite LP'ers who they believe actually put effort into things (When effort is subjective, though maybe not in the case of Chip)

Setsu00

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I sketched prototype Sho.

tumblr_nr69luFb1M1ry8an7o1_1280.png

Please excuse how messy this is, but I guess my drawings are always kind off messy.

MSMrRound

Nice drawing Setsu.

Well...the English Narukami+Rise trailers are basically the same as the Japanese version, just with English text and dub overlay.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

┐(ツ)┌

I learn more about ATLUS fans each day. They're definitely a nuanced bunch.

Nachos

Yeah, those lines just scream something translated from a different language. It's just a barrage of nonsense. Also don't think JYB's acting sounded all that hot compared to his performances in the other spin-offs, but it's whatever.

I do really like the typeface they chose for the text boxes, though.

I hope you don't mind me posting this, but I sketched prototype Sho.
Looking good. I always wished they went with that design – just without the capris.

Because the same people would rather it go through channels that aren't PDP. Think about it, most people loved the Giant Bomb Endurance Run of P4. So to those dumbasses, those are the only people or type of people to do it.

I wouldn't be surprised also if there's discontent from the old guard of LP watchers, fans of people like Slowbeef, Chipcheezum, and the like. Basically, a bunch of old fogies pissed that their favorite LP'ers who they believe actually put effort into things (When effort is subjective, though maybe not in the case of Chip)
It's incredibly stupid of the people with this mindset. After the threads about him, yesterday I checked his channel and noticed that PDP is playing Catherine, and I was really happy to see that. It'd be great for P5 to get exposure on a channel with 37,000,000 subs. Anyone saying otherwise is indeed a dumbass.

It's incredibly stupid of the people with this mindset. After the threads about him, yesterday I checked his channel and noticed that PDP is playing Catherine, and I was really happy to see that. It'd be great for P5 to get exposure on a channel with 37,000,000 subs. Anyone saying otherwise is indeed a dumbass.

Once again, old-school LP fans are fucking idiots.

arue

Meia

She sounds awful...

Any reason why they didn't get Laura Bailey back? She's the best. Pretty sure she voiced Catherine as well.

I'm more curious about this part.

The other parts of the performance sound kind of grating to me personally, but this one line is closest to what I think it should sound like. I wonder what the VA was going for here? Does she have more of an "idol" voice there and speaks with a "normal" voice for other parts? Wonder if this is just a poor direction issue...

Olengie

Definitely going to take a while to get used to new Rise.

As for Laura Bailey, she's busy with Halo 5 and Gears of War 4, and whatever else she's doing. (1 guess is Fallout 4 random NPCs and such)

I found this sentence real funny.
"No one hurts or gets hurt. That must be the rule here. That's why we need to show them how we feel with our DANCING!"

i don't understand why the only goddamn persona music you can find in karaoke joints across japan is all from the anime. that stuff is OKAY but I want to sing NEVER MORE damnit

I'll say this, even when listening to the 2013 Persona Live Concert CD, the Japanese audience couldn't quite sing along to NEVER MORE in time either. At Taiyou Con this year, the English-speaking audience (myself included) tried to sing along as well to both Kimi no Kioku and NEVER MORE and was surprised that we sounded fairly decent.

Still, I'll admit that I like the OPs/EDs from both P4Anime and P4GAnime and am more likely to karaoke those (as well as Maze of Life) over say NEVER MORE. Granted, I'd still probably karaoke any song of either P3/P4 albums any day if asked.

I'm currently going through the screenshots I took from PV#02 for my upcoming analysis on it, and noticed something.

When the train is going by the station, you can see a sign. This sign says "on air" with the date cut out of view. Above it is the Japanese text "放送中" which means "on air" There's a man in a butler outfit. This same sign appears in the TGS 2014 trailer, but with different text. This is probably nothing, but it's still cool nevertheless. Imagine if the date is a reference to a Persona stream or something like that. That'd be a pretty nice shout out.

PV#02 Image said:

TGS 2014 Image said:

Skii

Prior commitments with Gears of War 4 I believe, either that or she's too expensive now so Atlus has to cheap out

That is such a shame! Rise just doesn't sound the same at all. Laura's voice just sounds "suggestive" and fits Rise/Catherine so well haha.

I'm hoping Rise shows up in Persona 5. That's possible, right? Maybe Laura will be free to voice a few lines for a Persona 5 appearance.

Makio

I hope Bailey is free she can voice
Lucina amibo lines in FE Fates

But besides that , man i love Bailey she is my favorite VA from the P4 Cast
Yukiko being the 2nd

About the new VA , which totally sounds like Ashly Burch (or a adult Rei) i liked it , fits the character , sounds WAY mature than Bailey's and i know i going to love it in the end of the game.

The only flaws in my opinion is the lines when she shouts or rise her voice , dont sounds good in those ones.

And the "mic check one two" line bugs me a lot ... sounds like a diferent persona at all , or she going to use a new voice when she is performing as idol.

I like it , i was expecting worse.

And glad to see we going to start to see the trailers in English , seems the release date for DAN is not far (maybe in 3 months or less)

Luke_Wal

I'm posting this without reading anything prior in the thread for fear of spoilers:

About 6 months ago, I embraced my Vita and finally started P4G. I liked it a lot, but when I got to Yukiko's dungeon, I found her boss to be insurmountable; I could get a turn away from finally defeating it, but in the end, it would always do me in. At this point, I don't really want to go back to that save just because I've forgotten a lot of it and would rather start over.

Here's where I catch up to the modern day: I'm about to go on an international mission trip, and I think it's time to restart Persona 4 and finally play it for real. When I played it the first time, I was loosely using a FAQ, but that won't be possible internationally unless I were to print it out or something. Is there any sort of resource that really concisely says what the best thing to do each day is, or should I just say screw it and play through it without any sort of assistance? I felt like knowing when to hang out with people on my first 6 hours of a playthrough was really helping me to develop my "Social Links," even though I never really got far enough to utilize whatever benefits those provide. What say ye, Persona faithful?

Here's where I catch up to the modern day: I'm about to go on an international mission trip, and I think it's time to restart Persona 4 and finally play it for real. When I played it the first time, I was loosely using a FAQ, but that won't be possible internationally unless I were to print it out or something. Is there any sort of resource that really concisely says what the best thing to do each day is, or should I just say screw it and play through it without any sort of assistance? I felt like knowing when to hang out with people on my first 6 hours of a playthrough was really helping me to develop my "Social Links," even though I never really got far enough to utilize whatever benefits those provide. What say ye, Persona faithful?

I say play through it your own way and have fun. There's no way you'd be able to do everything on your first run anyway. A few tips, in case you need them:

• Always have a matching persona arcana when hanging out with your Social Link buddy (i.e. Pixie for Yosuke's Magician arcana) -- this boosts the points you get for advancing the S Link
  • Don't get too attached to your personae, fuse away when they are underleveled or aren't being used
  • You probably won't need to grind (if you're on Normal or lower) but you may have to if you blaze through dungeons
  • Try to do as much of the dungeon in one go, but don't force it if you don't wanna
  • Max out Marie's S. Link if you want to go for the True End (and come back here if you want non-spoiler guidance, it's kinda easy to miss)
  • Basically, just do what you wanna do. Have fun and enjoy your time in Inaba!

I'm posting this without reading anything prior in the thread for fear of spoilers:

About 6 months ago, I embraced my Vita and finally started P4G. I liked it a lot, but when I got to Yukiko's dungeon, I found her boss to be insurmountable; I could get a turn away from finally defeating it, but in the end, it would always do me in. At this point, I don't really want to go back to that save just because I've forgotten a lot of it and would rather start over.

I'd say don't follow a guide, building a playthrough around maxing your social links isn't very fun so I'd say just make your first playthrough a blind one and focus on levelling the Social Links of the characters you like, at a pace that suits you. However, I would recommend that you max out the Marie S.Link as that unlocks a bunch of extra content.

Skii

I'd agree with the suggestions of playing the game without a guide. You need to relax and enjoy the experience. The whole point of the game is to do what you want to do, when you want to do it. This creates a unique experience for yourself and you'll enjoy it far more than adhering to someone else's way of playing the game.

i don't understand why the only goddamn persona music you can find in karaoke joints across japan is all from the anime. that stuff is OKAY but I want to sing NEVER MORE damnit

I want to see people do Lotus Juice Karaoke. If no one hear has ever seen drunk people try to rap, please change that. It's the most hilarious thing ever.

Luke_Wal

I say play through it your own way and have fun. There's no way you'd be able to do everything on your first run anyway. A few tips, in case you need them:

• Always have a matching persona arcana when hanging out with your Social Link buddy (i.e. Pixie for Yosuke's Magician arcana) -- this boosts the points you get for advancing the S Link
  • Don't get too attached to your personae, fuse away when they are underleveled or aren't being used
  • You probably won't need to grind (if you're on Normal or lower) but you may have to if you blaze through dungeons
  • Try to do as much of the dungeon in one go, but don't force it if you don't wanna
  • Max out Marie's S. Link if you want to go for the True End (and come back here if you want non-spoiler guidance, it's kinda easy to miss)
  • Basically, just do what you wanna do. Have fun and enjoy your time in Inaba!

Alright, thanks (to you, along with everybody else)! I'll just go in solo and create my own destiny. I found Marie to be pretty cool the first time anyways, so I won't have a problem at all spending time with her. Thanks!

Dugna

Alright, thanks (to you, along with everybody else)! I'll just go in solo and create my own destiny. I found Marie to be pretty cool the first time anyways, so I won't have a problem at all spending time with her. Thanks!

One more tip I didn't see recommended but if you forget the days which a Slink is available the Info bubble that you see on your screen can give you tips ingame if you are connected to the internet, that's what help me do as much as I could my first run without a guide.

Sophia

I'm currently going through the screenshots I took from PV#02 for my upcoming analysis on it, and noticed something.

When the train is going by the station, you can see a sign. This sign says "on air" with the date cut out of view. Above it is the Japanese text "放送中" which means "on air" There's a man in a butler outfit. This same sign appears in the TGS 2014 trailer, but with different text. This is probably nothing, but it's still cool nevertheless. Imagine if the date is a reference to a Persona stream or something like that. That'd be a pretty nice shout out.

I'm a bit tired right now, but it doesn't look like a butler outfit to me. It just looks like a man in a suit. Probably just a TV News broadcast.

Jintor

i haven't heard new!Rise yet but I pre-emptively mourne the loss of Bailey!Rise. Her voice is fucking perrrrfeeeeeeect. it is 100% infeasible but I would DLC for Risevoice

The only female voice I will accept anyone saying senpai in. (Because Troy/Matt do a pretty great Kanji "I have this respect for you but I'M TOTALLY MY OWN MAN, MAN" senpai)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom