• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2009 - NAMCO-BANDAI and partners Press Conference

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Hmmm. Star Trek online is going to be a spaceship command game?

I had the impression it was going to be like a lower level simulation where you controlled a character and moved around a fully fleshed out universe, not just the space bits...but now I wonder.

Chairhome

No one seems to care about this press conference, and so far, I can see why, haha.

So far:
Champions Online - Beta for 2 days so far, trailer shown
Star Trek Online - Every player will be a captain, space fights, trailer shown
Ghostbusters
Race On - generic looking racing game
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripjaty - New monsters, realistic day-night cycle, trailer shown

duckroll

I'm sorry. I would love to be supportive, but considering how this thread got posted 40mins late and there was STILL no worthwhile news so far... it's not looking good for the conference! :(

I wonder why Games Republic decided to cancel their Gamescom appearance, weren't they supposed to announce two games at this conference? :(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
gofreak said:
Why are they showing ghostbusters? Where are they distributing that?

Probably because they are publishing it in Europe ? I dont know, it was Atari that was publishing, but i think it is now Namco Bandai - Partners or whatever bullshit name :lol

NeoZylom

duckroll said:
I'm sorry. I would love to be supportive, but considering how this thread got posted 40mins late and there was STILL no worthwhile news so far... it's not looking good for the conference! :(

I wonder why Games Republic decided to cancel their Gamescom appearance, weren't they supposed to announce two games at this conference? :(

Duckroll, the conference started at 16h30 instead of 16h00 ...

duckroll

NeoZylom said:
Duckroll, the conference started at 16h30 instead of 16h00 ...

I don't think so. The liveblog scroll back shows he started talking about the conference itself about 49 mins ago.

Paracelsus said:
Can I buy Revenge of Piccolo?

Yes thats the good one and looks brilliant. Raging Blast looks like an upscaled PS2 game and will be the same fucking game its been for years. Dragonball game is a refreshingly good looking brawler/platformer.

So you have my approval.

Chairhome

SecretBonusPoint said:
Raging Blast looks fucking appalling. You should be ashamed of yourself if any of you buy it.

*Cancels preorder*

EDIT: Not allowed to take pics? Exclusive announcement coming up?

zoku88

gofreak said:
Hmmm. Star Trek online is going to be a spaceship command game?

I had the impression it was going to be like a lower level simulation where you controlled a character and moved around a fully fleshed out universe, not just the space bits...but now I wonder.
That would have been the cool and ambitious thing. I think that was their original intention too.

I think they kinda wussed out :-/

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Namco picked up a Brash game? I'm not sure if I'm surprised or not.

zoku88 said:
That would have been the cool and ambitious thing. I think that was their original intention too.

I think they kinda wussed out :-/
Away missions and walking around are still in.

duckroll

Does anyone know more about Majin that what was in the liveblog? The blogger was terrible at describing anything and kept making fun of everything he saw. It was hard to get any info out of it or take him seriously. :(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
duckroll said:
Does anyone know more about Majin that what was in the liveblog? The blogger was terrible at describing anything and kept making fun of everything he saw. It was hard to get any info out of it or take him seriously. :(

From the other liveblog :

14: The second game is named Majin: the Fallen Realm (the title is still not definitive). Looks like an action-rpg with a young thief as the main character. He will have a monster of sorts as a companion in his adventures. Cooperation between the thief and the monster will be required to solve some puzzles through the game. The game will have a distinct Japanese feel and will be released in the early months of 2010.

Top Bottom