• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Project Morpheus Technical Demo, “Cyber Danganropa VR: Class Trial”

Miracle

When I first saw the title of this thread, I was like "wait WHAT!?". Then I click it and now...

...I need it. I don't just want it but I need it.

Now I can berate you commoners in VR.

You're the guy that
VA'ed as Togami
right? You did great!

Did you know anything about this by any chance?

SoulUnison

Banned
This announcement just made me realize how absolutely crazy Telltale game could be in VR, but they'd probably have to develop a new engine, and that's not something they seem to have the slightest interest in.

I'd love to see a Wolf Among Us - Season 2 in VR.

Arondight

Full game please and it'll be day 1 :).

This got me thinking that Phoenix Wright could work well with this as well.
They've already done a transition from 2D to 3d, you're pretty much sitting/standing still 100% of the time as for menus/traveling around, they could make it so that you hold a button, look down and you see a device with a large screen displaying what you want to do.

DieH@rd

Banned
Yup, VR could be great for many types of adventure/puzzle games.

Next up:
Ace%20Attorney_0_0.png

and port of
maxresdefault.jpg

:D

Shahed

This actually seems pretty cool, and that's coming from someone who's not really bothered by VR. As for the 3D models, they seem to work well enough here. I hated the 3D characters in Virtue's Last Reward and thought the 2D of 999 worked better. But despite Danganronpa being even more 2D with literal cutouts, 3D was fine here.

Spoilers though. Don't watch if you haven't finished the first game

SerTapTap

Sounds amazing. So excited to see what people come up with for VR, even remakes of stuff have great potential if they reinvent stuff like this.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Those punishments in VR....NOPE
I already knew which execution they were going for in the demo & was like "NOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEE THAT WAS HARD ENOUGH IN THE GAME TO WITNESS, I SURE AS HELL DON'T WANNA EXPERIENCE IT MYSELF." If they were able to recapture the atmosphere & tone while making sure you can't move, it would be amazingly affecting.

As for a remake done in VR, part of me loves the idea, but considering I already played the game (& DR2) & know the twists, I don't think it would have as big of an impact as I'd want it to have. Now if it was a "reimagining" where they swap up who died and by who, then maybe that's get me to fully be excited again.

FluxWaveZ

Yup, VR could be great for many types of adventure/puzzle games.

Next up:
Ace%20Attorney_0_0.png

Ace Attorney?

I guess I'm just really confused about what exactly is the benefit for this. Wish fulfillment by taking the place of a character in a VN game? The gameplay mechancis of these games don't benefit from VR at all. It's a neat visual gimmick for DR that works for a demo, but a full game? I don't see it, unless the game was fully about integrating with VR... and I'm not quite sure how a VN would actually be with something like that unless it was about you—the player—interacting with AI (e.g. Summer Lesson).

Feep

Banned
You're the guy that
VA'ed as Togami
right? You did great!

Did you know anything about this by any chance?
Thanks ^^

Despite me also being a developer who has worked closely with VR (I even put out a game on the Gear VR awhile back, for funsies), I had no idea, honestly. People don't generally tell voice actors things. ^^

BreakAtmo

Thanks ^^

Despite me also being a developer who has worked closely with VR (I even put out a game on the Gear VR awhile back, for funsies), I had no idea, honestly. People don't generally tell voice actors things. ^^

Well this is awesome. Thanks for making Byakuya so infinitely punchable.

Meia

If they went nuts with it? A full-blown remake?

Lightgun-style aiming the truth bullets?

Investigating spaces by actually walking around them and looking under tables and shit (maybe with some optional controller movement for the sitters)?

God, I'm drooling..

Very much this. The ability to walk around a room and actually have to search it for clues, imagine a new Ace Attorney or DR game like this?

Not to mention the idea that highly emotional games like DR, and you feeling like you're actually in the room when some shit is going down? Oof.

I remember when I first played DanganRonpa and then the first class trial happened.

My mind waa, at that point, systematically FUCKED and I've been in love with the series since.

To have that feeling again, but in VR?!?! Oh man...oh man oh man.

Give me the catheter. In my veins isn't enough.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Meh, i like people going in the center of the stage and stomping sentences, but honestly it completely lacks the frenzy and spectacle of real danganronpa trials.

I hope this is not a sort of preview of Danganronpa 3.

I went through this thread but i dont think it was posted and i couldnt find a thread on this but few days ago this was tweeted out and retweeted by Shu.
LYJw9Pa.png

I dont know how reliable that google translate is but a possible TGS reveal for either the full danganronpa VR game or a new danganronpa seems to be inplace

Link to Tweet

Sorry for the bump if it was posted already!!

Also didnt realise its danaganronpas producer.

Top Bottom