• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Project Morpheus Technical Demo, “Cyber Danganropa VR: Class Trial”

Tain

AniHawk said:
how would you guys feel about a full remake of danganronpa (the first one) in vr?
If they went nuts with it? A full-blown remake?

Lightgun-style aiming the truth bullets?

Investigating spaces by actually walking around them and looking under tables and shit (maybe with some optional controller movement for the sitters)?

God, I'm drooling.

I'm telling you guys

The cardboard standee thing they do with the characters would look rad in VR

Honestly, at a high enough resolution, it really would. The environments would obviously take a lot of reworking, but if they have high-res source art for the characters they might be fine with relatively little effort.

Flandy

Investigating spaces by actually walking around them and looking under tables and shit (maybe with some optional controller movement for the sitters)?

God, I'm drooling.

Honestly, at a high enough resolution, it really would. The environments would obviously take a lot of reworking, but if they have high-res source art for the characters they might be fine with relatively little effort.

I would buy the shit out of that. Sounds amazing
Spike Chunsoft pls

orochi91

uJ3NZrY.gif

Perfection.

Seems like this will be 3, based on the kinda funny podcast o_O (states noone has guessed what no.3 is coming too, I guess its VR)

Looks awesome

SSReborn

God, I'm drooling.

If we don't get this now I'm gonna be so disappointed.

As if the executions weren't crazy enough.

Now that I think about it, the insanity of DR2 last trial on VR would be glorious. But I don't think it would go so far.

how would you guys feel about a full remake of danganronpa (the first one) in vr?

On one hand, I'd rather resources be used for new Danganronpa games. On the other, a full VR remake might give the series the visibility it needs to stay alive for A LONG time.

Yeah sure, why not. As long as Kodaka is chipping away at the next depraved entry.

Damnnnn, this looks amazing!

God, I'm drooling.

I would definitely buy this.

I think it's a cool experiment, but I don't think I'd want a whole DR game done this way, at least not in the same style we're used to.

A big part of the presentation, particularly in the trials, are all the fast moving camera cuts and weird angles, and I don't know how the non-stop debates would work either. You'd have to keep changing direction every few seconds and the visible text lines would probably be quite awkward.

(Also, those images are definitely spoilers for the first game. Might want to get the topic title marked for spoilers.)

God, I'm drooling.

Would buy the hell out of this.

Dargor

This is a weird ass choice for a VR demo considering the stylized aesthetic of DR that relies heavily on 2D elements, and a weirder ass choice for a publisher to care about console VR.

Why wouldn't any publisher care about console VR?

OP: That looks pretty interesting. VR doesn't need top of the line nor photorealistic graphics to work.

BreakAtmo

The idea of VR Danganronpa was honestly in my head before, but I didn't expect anything like it to actually be made. If they actually remade the games for Morpheus, complete with all the story and wandering around and chatting to people and crime scene investigations, etc., Spike Chunsoft would owe me new pants.

W!CK!D

Banned
That's the most interesting concept for a VR game I've seen to date. I loved the first Danganronpa, but unfortunately I never played the second one.

This is genius, never even thought about this.

Imagine getting executed in this, gonna be rad!

Yes!

Dunkley

So is this based on Case 4?

This is genius, never even thought about this.

Imagine getting executed in this, gonna be rad!

In the video it looks like you do get executed at the end. The area looks like the After School Lesson Execution area.

artsi

This is very cool, what I'm waiting from VR anyway. I don't think it always needs to be photorealistic graphics, stylized can be fine too.

What is this tingling sensation? Surely I'm not for the first time actually intrigued by something VR-related. Oh shit!

This looks awesome though. That is definitely something I would like to try out on a whim at least.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
This is a weird ass choice for a VR demo considering the stylized aesthetic of DR that relies heavily on 2D elements, and a weirder ass choice for a publisher to care about console VR.

But the style of game could work well in VR. Visual novels too. Lower amounts of player locomotion and lots of character interaction sounds ideal.

I love how Asahina jumps over Togami's argument and stomps it to expose her own. The reactions of the other characters over the flying arguments are also cute.

Well, now I'm spoiled. I better see something like this in DR3!

Top Bottom