• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

Sorian

Banned
Eh. There's no way to know what the killer is. We might have a pattern in a few days though. Considering we now have 3 unconfirmed roles aimed at hurting cultist(insanity box, night block, docter) I doubt we also have a vigilante.

The item is not necessarily anti-cult. That was Darryl talking out loud, there are 5 powers to it, I'm sure anyone can use it.

Sorian

Banned
Why are you sure?

Darryl hasn't told us all the powers. He kept it vague for a reason. He listed pro-tourist powers because that is what suited him, mentioning others could have made things more complicated for him. Plus a power to remove yourself and one other person from the game instantly? That sounds neutral to me.

Timeaisis

Not cleaning this up. Bask in the horror that you have wrought.

Blargonaut (8)
Sorian
Flame_AC
Lord of Castamere
Timeaisis
Coppanuva
nin1000
ultron87
Coppanuva
Matt Attack
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
RetroMG
Sorian
TheWorthyEdge
Timeaisis
Matt Attack
Never Forever
Coppanuva
johnnyquicknives
Sorian

TheWorthyEdge (0)
Sorian

johnnyquicknives (0)
Sorian

Coppanuva (6)
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Darryl
nin1000
Sorian
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
GreatCharleston
Blargonaut
Rats Off To Ya
Lord of Castamere
Blargonaut
Droplet

ScraftyDevil (0)
Sorian

GreatCharleston (0)
Blargonaut
ScraftyDevil
Sorian
Coppanuva

Sorian (1)
Neuromancer
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Vylash (0)
johnnyquicknives

Matt Attack (0)
Blargonaut
Flame_AC
Flame_AC

Neuromancer (0)
Coppanuva
Flame_AC

Darryl (0)
Sorian

nin1000 (0)
Sorian

Lord of Castamere (0)
Sorian

Rats Off To Ya (0)
Flame_AC

Also, you guys do not have to UNVOTE before you VOTE again. Just vote again.

Good lord.

Good lord.

I guess this picture isn't accurate any more?

EKHemZG.png

Matt Attack wouldn't know about it so I'm not sure why he matters. Blarg isn't going to tell us if that is the case because he knows how to play this game. If he disclosed that then we would be killing him immediately, at least while it is still debatable, he has a chance at living.

I have disclosed absolutely everything there is to disclose in my role PM, while still adhering to Zatoth's rules. Are you paying attention to me? You've been putting words in my mouth the entire game, and I let you because it benefited me for YOU to be MY smokescreen. But the time for puzzles is past, and I am now operating NUDE. 100% SWEATY-ASS NAKED. BUT I WANT YOU, SORIAN. I WANT YOU ON MY TEAM.

Ever since seeing my role for the first time, I intended to get myself lynched. I only ever just want Town to win. And it just so happened that my Win condition was aligned with Town. And it just so happened I got a pro-Town ability that activated upon lynching. Do you have any idea how happy this all made me? I LIVE TO HELP TOWN. I DIE TO HELP TOWN.

800 fucking feet, Sorian. To the moon and back.

You wanna be Palmer_v2, or you wanna be Sorian?

GAMBLE WITH ME.

I believe Blarg because I truly think his intentions have been 100% pro-Town, in his own Blargtastic way. And as far as we can tell, I was right.

I "gambled" on a "hunch" that Blarg wasn't out to hurt us. But we all know how much people hate that around here.

Sorian

Banned
I have disclosed absolutely everything there is to disclose in my role PM, while still adhering to Zatoth's rules. Are you paying attention to me? You've been putting words in my mouth the entire game, and I let you because it benefited me for YOU to be MY smokescreen. But the time for puzzles is past, and I am now operating NUDE. 100% SWEATY-ASS NAKED. BUT I WANT YOU, SORIAN. I WANT YOU ON MY TEAM.

Ever since seeing my role for the first time, I intended to get myself lynched. I only ever just want Town to win. And it just so happened that my Win condition was aligned with Town. And it just so happened I got a pro-Town ability that activated upon lynching. Do you have any idea how happy this all made me? I LIVE TO HELP TOWN. I DIE TO HELP TOWN.

800 fucking feet, Sorian. To the moon and back.

You wanna be Palmer_v2, or you wanna be Sorian?

GAMBLE WITH ME.

Except you are a neutral player, right? And you need to outlive 3 cultists right? And what happens when 3 cultists die? You win. And as a neutral player, what happens when you win? I'm not letting you slip away before we lynch you. You plan to go to the moon without me and I won't allow it.

Sorian

Banned
I believe Blarg because I truly think his intentions have been 100% pro-Town, in his own Blargtastic way. And as far as we can tell, I was right.

I "gambled" on a "hunch" that Blarg wasn't out to hurt us. But we all know how much people hate that around here.

Please, he's doing everything in his power to meet his own win condition. Helping us is convenient but he just needs to stay alive long enough for his win condition to check off and then he'll leave us here without a care in the world. Don't be blind thinking a neutral role that claimed this early is here for the long haul in any way.

Except you are a neutral player, right? And you need to outlive 3 cultists right? And what happens when 3 cultists die? You win. And as a neutral player, what happens when you win? I'm not letting you slip away before we lynch you. You plan to go to the moon without me and I won't allow it.

Take it away, fellas.

Please, he's doing everything in his power to meet his own win condition. Helping us is convenient but he just needs to stay alive long enough for his win condition to check off and then he'll leave us here without a care in the world. Don't be blind thinking a neutral role that claimed this early is here for the long haul in any way.

He won't meet his win condition. We'll lynch him after we get another Cultist. He's a dead man walking, and he knows it.

Flame_AC

Just so it's clear, my final vote will go to Blarg, barring something crazy. I'll vote for him later once the day is ending, he's already close as is.

Poor Coppanuva

Please, he's doing everything in his power to meet his own win condition.Helping us is convenient but he just needs to stay alive long enough for his win condition to check off and then he'll leave us here without a care in the world. Don't be blind thinking a neutral role that claimed this early is here for the long haul in any way.

You clearly have no idea what you're dealing with, fighting me.

Sorian

Banned
He won't meet his win condition. We'll lynch him after we get another Cultist. He's a dead man walking, and he knows it.

The next time you get another cultist is by lynch during a day phase. The third party then kills a cultist that night. I still see no reason why we should not capitalize on this opportunity. There are so many ways we could lose it and it allows us to go to day 3 with the maximum number of tourists possible.

Aight Ratsy, I'll play your game. But if Coppa isn't a cultist, you know that it'll reflect mighty poorly on ya, y'know. Are you that certain in your hunch? Is it worth goin' all in on?

We have the power. It's insanely unlikely that 2 Cultists will die in quick succession, and if they do? 3 Cultists will be dead. Not really a doomsday scenario.

The next time you get another cultist is by lynch during a day phase. The third party then kills a cultist that night. I still see no reason why we should not capitalize on this opportunity. There are so many ways we could lose it and it allows us to go to day 3 with the maximum number of tourists possible.

"Losing it" means the Cultists kill someone we were gonna lynch anyway.

And again with the concern over saving as many Tourists as possible. What game are you guys playing?

Flame_AC

Aight Ratsy, I'll play your game. But if Coppa isn't a cultist, you know that it'll reflect mighty poorly on ya, y'know. Are you that certain in your hunch? Is it worth goin' all in on?

Blarg is the better target, don't just follow Rats because he thinks he has a case, look at the facts and see if you really think Coppa is a better lynch opportunity then Blarg.

We're not going all in. It's Day Two and he's the best target in my eyes.

Voting for Blarg, wasting our lynch, that's folding.

Sorian

Banned
1) We kill Blarg, killer tonight kills a tourist. -1 tourist

2) We kill Coppa, he flips cult. During night cult kills 1 tourist, killer kills 1 tourist. -1 cult, -2 tourist

3) We will Coppa, he flips tourist. During night cult kills 1 tourist, killer kills 1 tourist. -3 tourists.

I agree, the second one would be wonderful, trading 1 tourist for 1 cultist would be a bargain but option 2 is is also the least likely to happen. We know what we are getting with Blarg, We do not know what we are getting with Coppa and odds are flipping Coppa gives us option 3.

I wasn't scared of you on day 1. I'm sure as hell not scared of you now.

I'm not trying to scare you, Sorian. I'm trying to help the Town.

If there's anyone you should be scared of, it's Darryl. But I trained you well to fight him; I just hope you're really Town.

Circumstances change, and you should listen to what Team 800 Feet has to say. Join us.

ultron87

What? That's insane. He's only pretending to help because that's the way he can stay alive. He's just saying what you want to hear. Notice how he didn't stop the riddle bullshit, which has told us nothing and was a huge distraction, till his back was against the wall. We'd be done with this if you hadn't opened a window because Coppa just HAS to die today for reasons that no one has explained.

1) We kill Blarg, killer tonight kills a tourist. -1 tourist

2) We kill Coppa, he flips cult. During night cult kills 1 tourist, killer kills 1 tourist. -1 cult, -2 tourist

3) We will Coppa, he flips tourist. During night cult kills 1 tourist, killer kills 1 tourist. -3 tourists.

I agree, the second one would be wonderful, trading 1 tourist for 1 cultist would be a bargain but option 2 is is also the least likely to happen. We know what we are getting with Blarg, We do not know what we are getting with Coppa and odds are flipping Coppa gives us option 3.

1. We waste our lynch.

2. We don't waste our lynch.

3. We don't waste our lynch.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm here to hunt scum, not harmless neutrals.

Sorian

Banned
"Losing it" means the Cultists kill someone we were gonna lynch anyway.

And again with the concern over saving as many Tourists as possible. What game are you guys playing?

No, in that example, "losing it" is completely losing the free night of no kills. Blarg would leave the game as a winner, cult would never have to waste their kill on him. Sure if the two cultists died in quick succession soon, it's not a doomsday scenario but if we keep going days with no cultist, it'll snowball fast and we are just going to waste everyday trying to figure out if thats the day to lynch Blarg. We're getting no where like this and we are never going to have a real majority on who we should be killing because votes will just siphon to Blarg until he is dead.

We're not going all in. It's Day Two and he's the best target in my eyes.

Voting for Blarg, wasting our lynch, that's folding.

Would ya mind going over your reasoning again? I still don't see why Coppa can't wait til tomorrow considerin' that the cultists won't get to sacrifice someone tonight if we go through with lynchin' Blarg. And I mean, while we could save Blarg til later, considerin' that there are two active parties who kill at night, who says he lives that long?

In fact, the neutral party might wanna KO Blarg tonight if we don't lynch 'em just so they can deny us a future killblock.

Sorian

Banned
1. We waste our lynch.

2. We don't waste our lynch.

3. We don't waste our lynch.

I dunno about you guys, but I'm here to hunt scum, not harmless neutrals.

"Waste" our lynch to activate one of the pro-town powers that were placed into this game for our use. Yeah, I'll do that. This power was hidden from us, the game is tuned in such a way that I feel much more comfortable making use of it.

Sorian

Banned
I would also like to point out, I still expect the killer to target whoever was second on the votes just like they did yesterday. You probably get a dead Coppa tonight. And Scrafty brings up a wonderful point that I don't think anyone has considered.

In fact, the neutral party might wanna KO Blarg tonight if we don't lynch 'em just so they can deny us a future killblock.

If the neutral party kills him then we never get the night block and the cultists never have to waste their kill on him. These are all things to keep in mind. Rats, you're throwing caution to the wind for absolutely no reason.

What? That's insane. He's only pretending to help because that's the way he can stay alive. He's just saying what you want to hear. Notice how he didn't stop the riddle bullshit, which has told us nothing and was a huge distraction, till his back was against the wall. We'd be done with this if you hadn't opened a window because Coppa just HAS to die today for reasons that no one has explained.

THERE ARE NO MORE PUZZLES

NOTHING

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

THE PUZZLES WERE MEANT TO HELP YOU ALL DISCOVER MY ROLE AND THE MEAGRE INFO THE PM SUPPLIED, AS WELL AS PROVIDE A SALT LICK FOR CATTLE LIKE YOU TO CULT YOUR TEETH ON

I AM NEUTRAL, BUT I AM PRO-TOWN. I WANT TO STAY ALIVE TO HELP TOWN BY DYING AT THE RIGHT TIME FOR MY POWER TO HAVE THE MOST PRO-TOWN EFFECT.

I WANT TO EXPLODE ALL OVER YOU AND YOUR GOONS IN A SHOWER OF GLORY. THAT'S WHAT I WANT.

That's great, talking in riddles and puzzles is a distraction that I don't need in our town. His intent was good, his delivery was miserable, it doesn't help.

NO, YOUR DELIVERY IS MISERABLE

DO YOU SEE THIS CAPSLOCK

DO YOU SEE IT

THAT'S PASSION, SORIAN

PASSION

Would ya mind going over your reasoning again? I still don't see why Coppa can't wait til tomorrow considerin' that the cultists won't get to sacrifice someone tonight if we go through with lynchin' Blarg. And I mean, while we could save Blarg til later, considerin' that there are two active parties who kill at night, who says he lives that long?

This. Also this. And this.

Those are the things I've specifically called out, but there's plenty more you can see for yourself. I find his general behavior to be shifty. So willing to die for us, yet so adamant that it has to happen on Day Three. I can't wait to hear the excuse he has then.

It doesn't have to be Coppa today. If someone else has a better argument for possible scum, I'm willing to hear it. But I don't feel that Blarg is a threat to us so I'm not willing to waste our strongest power on him.

Well, Charleston's poised to mount his defense once he's done nappin', so I'll hold off playin' my hand until all of th' community cards are in play. Interestin' points about Coppa, but none of 'em point to him as a high-priority target t'me. At this point I still say we wait on lynchin' him just in case Blarg's death reveals more pertinent info.

Sorian

Banned

Those are the things I've specifically called out, but there's plenty more you can see for yourself. I find his general behavior to be shifty. So willing to die for us, yet so adamant that it has to happen on Day Three. I can't wait to hear the excuse he has then.

It doesn't have to be Coppa today. If someone else has a better argument for possible scum, I'm willing to hear it. But I don't feel that Blarg is a threat to us so I'm not willing to waste our strongest power on him.

I still think he is going to flip ordinary tourist so that really doesn't help me with siding with you right now. I know killing him tomorrow is going to be a necessary evil to get us to become a cohesive whole but I'm not flinching on this Blarg thing right now, it's for the best if we want any hope of having focused real discussions going forward and getting his power activated is a win as long as we actually get to use it.

Flame_AC

You're right that Blarg isn't a threat to us, but he can be a benefit to us, which is why we're trying to kill him before anyone else does.

Well, Charleston's poised to mount his defense once he's done nappin', so I'll hold off playin' my hand until all of th' community cards are in play. Interestin' points about Coppa, but none of 'em point to him as a high-priority target t'me. At this point I still say we wait on lynchin' him just in case Blarg's death reveals more pertinent info.

Charleston, unfortunately, will probably not post anything more of substance because there's literally 0 votes on him.

Sorian

Banned
He knows that we've got our eyes on 'im though so all we've gotta do is light a fire under his behind to get him talkin'.

That fire just isn't there today. Blarg and Coppa are the only 2 on the chopping block. I want Charleston to come front and center too but there's no realistic way to scare him today.

Sorian

Banned
i just don't have anything to add tbh, my ability sucks

Most of our abilities suck, that's not the point. You've gotta try to find out who's lying and who is the best person to kill each day. We do that with discussion, no abilities needed.

Top Bottom