• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Cthulhu Mafia |OT| Nuts on this island taste insane! Yum Yum!

nin1000

Banned
If I might make a suggestion... nin should block night evictions tonight. As it stands, we have nobody else who has the book. If we can get nin to stay alive, he can verify whoever else the book lands on as a tourist tomorrow. We then have 2 people who are tourists (assuming it only goes to tourists) and have actual solid information for once.

the thing is , if have to block someone who i think will kill me : /
It will aswell turn me insane :(

Timeaisis

If I might make a suggestion... nin should block night evictions tonight. As it stands, we have nobody else who has the book. If we can get nin to stay alive, he can verify whoever else the book lands on as a tourist tomorrow. We then have 2 people who are tourists (assuming it only goes to tourists) and have actual solid information for once.

Problem with that is it's assuming anyone who gets the book is town. We don't know that for sure. We also don't know if nin is town to begin with.

Coppanuva

the thing is , if have to block someone who i think will kill me : /
It will aswell turn me insane :(

My understanding is that isn't necessarily a bad thing. Zatoth confirmed that the only people who can be converted to the cultists are people who started insane in their role PM. It doesn't seem like there's any other downsides (outside of an "insanity sniffer" role which I and a few others think might be real). I guess there's also the chance you die when you use it too... tough call I suppose, but unless I'm missing something I don't think the insanity is a huge detractor here?

Coppanuva

Problem with that is it's assuming anyone who gets the book is town. We don't know that for sure. We also don't know if nin is town to begin with.

True, I hink given the powers we know exist it seems like a reasonable one, but it's also an insane game. In the end, I'm just arguing what I think and I know I ultimately hold little sway on what ends up happening at the end of this day.

Coppanuva

Looks like it's calmed down and discussion halted again, Flame_AC if you want to reapply your vote go for it, thanks for removing it to limit the risk of an early termination while information was being spouted.

Zatoth

Coppanuva 8
Flame_AC
GreatCharleston
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
Never Forever
johnnyquicknives
Timeaisis
RetroMG

Flame_AC 1
TheWorthyEdge

nin1000 1
Coppanuva

9 votes are need to end the day early.

t1440183600z0.png

Coppanuva

Man... the waiting is the worst part.

Oh, and for the heck of it I'm not sure nin1000 is the most worthy of investigation immediately tomorrow so...

Vote: johnnyquickknives

He said he's more likely to side with the player who generates discussion, too easily led astray. I think he's worth investigating more tomorrow.

Also have to head to lunch so this is likely my last post so just remember...

good-night-and-good-luck-quote-8.jpg

Good night, and good luck fellow tourists. It's been an honor.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
Just remember guys Rats Off To Ya was gunning for this so if we did mess up we're REALLY gonna have to try hard to recover the following day those of us who still survive.

Just remember guys Rats Off To Ya was gunning for this so if we did mess up we're REALLY gonna have to try hard to recover the following day those of us who still survive.

If you guys wanna hold me responsible for a mislynch on Day Three, go ahead. But the reason we're in such bad shape is because of what went down on Day Two, which I was fighting against with everything I had.

Werewolf Jones

Gold Member
If you guys wanna hold me responsible for a mislynch on Day Three, go ahead. But the reason we're in such bad shape is because of what went down on Day Two, which I was fighting against with everything I had.

I'm not asking to turn people against you, I'm just saying your judgement from now on might be a little questionable, but we will see VERY soon! You might deliver us a cultist after all or an innocent.

Coppanuva

I don't think lynching me instead of blargonaut would change much. I would be dead, then the cultists would lynch somebody at night, Mysterious would lynch a second at night, and sorian/neuromancer likely would've still happened. Saying listening to you would have put us in a better position is insane and false.

RetroMG

So I guess losing two lightning rods in one go wasn't a bad thing?

Huh.

That's a fair point. It would have been bearable if we hadn't also lost Sorian and Neuro, and losing Sorian and Neuro would have been bearable if we hadn't killed Blarg and shipped off Matt.

So, no score, I guess.

both issues combined are responsible for the mess we're in tbh, Day 2 was a disaster and what happened Night 2 just completely magnified the issue and left our wheels spinning as not knowing the roles of those two is quite frustrating and bad for Town as a lot of Sorian's work becomes unusable when you don't know where it was coming from

Day 1 - 23 (- Tucah, Fireblend, Lone_Prodigy)
Day 2 - 20 (- Blargonaut, Matt Attack, Darryl, Sorian, Neuromancer)
Day 3 - 15 (- Coppanuva and 1-2 more)
Day 4 - 12?
Day 5 - 9?
Day 6 - 6?

If we're still at 13/10/7 on those days then it probably means they found another Insane Tourist

I don't get Karkadorian maths, so what would the majority vote be for every number from now?

Zatoth

Coppanuva 8
Flame_AC
GreatCharleston
Rats Off To Ya
Droplet
Never Forever
johnnyquicknives
Timeaisis
RetroMG

Flame_AC 1
TheWorthyEdge

johnnyquicknives 1
Coppanuva

Day 3 ends

You see no fear in Coppanuva’s eyes as you close in on him, rope in your hands. He has to be Cultist. You have to be right this time!

As he hangs there, right next to Tucah’s and Blargonaut’s bodies, you wonder if you should have buried them. Probably too late for that now. Birds and vermin are already busy with the corpses. Taking them down now would be too disgusting.

Coppanuva, an Ordinary Tourist is dead.

Welcome!

You are an Ordinary Tourist.

You are aligned with the Tourists.

You have no abilities other than voting.

You win when no remaining players are Cult-aligned.
tdHeY.gif

Night 3 begins:
c22-camping.jpg

Night 3 ends:
t1440442800z0.png

Zatoth

HDUFIEZ.jpg

Once again, not everyone showed up for breakfast…

Lord of Castamere, a Priest of Cthulhu is dead.

Welcome!

You are a Priest of Cthulhu.

You are aligned with the Cult of Cthulhu.

Years of worshipping Cthulhu turned you insane. But your sanity was a small price to pay for the gifts Cthulhu granted you. You used your powers to sink the cruise ship you spotted on the horizon. Somehow a small group of passengers survived and made it to your island. In the chaos your cult managed to infiltrate them. It will be easy to sacrifice them one by one.

[redacted]. Each night phase, one of the Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players may kill/turn insane (depending on Cthulhu’s mood) one of the other players by PMing me the command SACRIFICE: playername. This action will be associated with the player who sent the PM. You may also communicate with your partners at the Quickboard found here.

Worshipping the Great Cthulhu granted you some knowledge in magic.

You can use your magic to make a another player fall in a state of deep sleep, preventing them from using actions during the night phase. To do so, private message me the command SLEEP: Playername. Some players may be immune to your magic. Should you use SLEEP: Playername on such a player, there may be further consequences.

You win when only Cult of Cthulhu-aligned players remain.

Day 4 ends:
t1440788400z0.pngg

With 13 players remaining 8 votes are needed to end the day early.

Day/Night Three has been a humongous blow to everything I thought I knew about the state of things. I can't even begin to formulate any theories right now.

Well that definitely softens th' blow of lynchin' another tourist last night, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch. There're definitely still cultists out there and th' fact that they coulda turned someone last night (considerin' there was only one death) means that we've still got a problem on our hands.

Any proposals fer topics to pursue today? Do Castamere's past affiliations paint a target on anyone's back?

Droplet

I thought we might have had a town roleblocker preventing the cult kill but Scrafty is right, I think it's much more likely they converted an Insane Tourist. So we possibly lost one, gained one.

This'll be incredibly hard if somebody just went from Tourist to Cult.

Well that definitely softens th' blow of lynchin' another tourist last night, but let's not count our chickens before they hatch. There're definitely still cultists out there and th' fact that they coulda turned someone last night (considerin' there was only one death) means that we've still got a problem on our hands.

More likely they tried to kill but the person turned insane instead. I'm of the opinion that conversion has a specific role dedicated to it, and doesn't take the place of a night kill.

But all my reads are fucked, so there's no reason to believe me.

Ourobolus

Banned
and it's no sacrifiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice
just a simple word
it's two hearts livin'
in two separate worlds

this isn't a hint, elton john just came on the radio here and I found it appropriate :p

ultron87

The fact that the "Sacrifice" action on the role PMs only says that it kills someone or turns them insane (which we know is different from being a cultist, and also doesn't mean they're recruitable) makes me think there one of the remaining Cultists (possibly the only remaining one) has specific recruit ability, and that they can do it in addition to sacrificing someone.

I still think that if someone gets turned insane we'll be able to tell. Like maybe they have to put their text into some insanity text converter for the whole day or something like that. (Metagaming here, but that might be why we were asked at the start if we posted from mobile or desktop, since doing that kind of transposition is much easier from desktop.)

From a quick skim of past posts: LoC has tried to start something in Great Charleston's direction a few times.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175200141&highlight=#post175200141
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175233570&highlight=#post175233570

Also voted for Nin once, somewhat randomly: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175355634&highlight=#post175355634

Didn't really read all posts in detail, just picking out stuff from the search results. So there's probably more interesting stuff.

Full disclosure, I was extremely suspicious of ultron before this development, and he was the suspect I was hoping Coppa's flip would lead us to.

All my theories have now gone out the window. LoC wasn't central to any of them, but he was a supporting player. At least he gave us plenty of material to comb through from our new position of knowledge.

Timeaisis

What the hell? Switcher antics, I suppose.

That leaves, what? One or two cultists left, I guess?

LoC was not even remotely on my radar.

Anyone still want to say killing Blarg was a pro-Town move? LoC tried harder than anybody to get him lynched. He briefly sided with #Team800Feet on Day Two, but that was after we had resigned ourselves to Blarg's fate and there was a risk (to the Cult) of the conversation moving on.

nin1000

Banned
holy shit, LoC being a cttulu player was a much of a surprise as for everyone else.
looking at his description it could mean that a strong cthulu player was taken out.

ultron87

Full disclosure, I was extremely suspicious of ultron before this development, and he was the suspect I was hoping Coppa's flip would lead us to.

If your reason for suspecting me was that I tried to poke a few holes in your argument about Coppa you might be thinking about this a little shallowly. It is pretty unlikely that the cult will tie themselves up in a nice little bow. It isn't going to be "oh, well he defended him that one time, so he's a cult, and then he argued for her so she's a cult, oh look we win!"

If your primary reason was my playstyle, that's more fair. I'm bad at making reads and also think most reads are nonsense, so I don't like to do them. That's why most of my posts deal with game mechanics and known information (namely role PMs and votes). It's why I was more involved with the Blarg stuff than the Coppa vote. In general this all leads to me having pretty low activity on the first few days. Generally my goal on those days is just not to get killed, since I'm the one confirmed town I know. I acknowledge how this can be look suspicious.

Now that we have some more information with another outed cultist hopefully I can contribute more.

Anyone still want to say killing Blarg was a pro-Town move? LoC tried harder than anybody to get him lynched. He briefly sided with #Team800Feet on Day Two, but that was after we had resigned ourselves to Blarg's fate and there was a risk (to the Cult) of the conversation moving on.

I do. It was a distraction we had to get rid of. Blarg couldn't let himself not be the topic of conversation. Matt winning was regrettable but wasn't really a big deal.

LoC was free to go back and forth on Blarg or Coppa because they were both fine to kill. So that lets them get a bunch of posts in where they are perfectly genuine since they have no horse in the fight and build their "cred".

RetroMG

LoC... Wow. Did not see that coming.

Doesn't look like we lost anyone else, so I am going to guess that the Cult converted someone last night.

Somethin' for us t' consider:

Assumin' that the cult can recruit players just like that, what would their gameplan be? Would they go the way of th' chicken hawk and prey upon less-vocal tourists who're less likely to get found out, or hunt like an eagle by tryin' t' nab the large an' in charge figures so that they can have an effective sleeper agent?

We don't even know how many cultists there are left, so we should be proceedin' very carefully in light'a this new information.

Top Bottom