• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 has "wet weather, 3D puddles and night races" + more

ST3K3LLY

Banned
So... i can't beat my record of 1,37.844 on rio with the gt 2017. Any advice? i think that in the gallery i lose too many second because i can't control the car properly.

just playing that track now on the rivals, i'm really struggling as ive just come off p.cars which has much more grip so having to seriously slow down.

would be nice to know everyones times and if you's are likely to place in the competion.

I'd really like FM to offer more hardcore opportunities, too.

The sound effects for when cars hit is also equally awful.

Dunno, the sound when I tapped other modern road cars in the GT86 sounded like
maple-syrup-coated
plastic, so just right. I'm sure there were different sounds when I rear-ended an Indy car at 200+ mph.

btags

Being that we all live in the real world. You know something looks realistic when you see it. Forza looks good don't get wrong, but I've never looked at and said "Wow, that looks real" like I did when I first saw the new NeedforSpeed trailer. Driveclub is more inconsistent with it, but when the colors and conditions are right it leaves a more realistic impression too.

Again, I am not saying it looks bad. Drive club has far better lighting that forza 6 and it would be dumb to question that. I just find people saying the color palette is more realistic specifically. It is like when people prefer an overly high contrast and brightness on TVs claiming it looks more realistic when it is in fact just more dramatic looking.

Kill3r7

yea pcars surprisingly feels more planted to me

agreed really pissed they didn't improve on OPTIONS that some of us would choose to use to make the game more fun for us.

they even still limit settings and options on the most basic level. the same preset controller choices f5, fh2 had instead of allowing a simple button remap? seat adjustments? HUD remap? please gtfo it's 2015 t10.

Or what about if they opened up more "motorsport" career settings for people automatically if they choose to play with a certain percentage of higher difficulty.

that's my only beef... quit with the compulsion to dictate to us exactly how we are allowed to enjoy the tools they have provided here and lock them behind their personal vision.

If you don't enjoy their vision don't play the game. They don't owe you or I anything.

So it turns out that if you load a leaderboard replay in Rivals mode, you can access photomode. You can't upload pictures but you can hide the UI and screenshot it with the Xbox (which is normally better quality).

One cool little feature is that you can toggle your car's headlights in photomode:
Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Noobcraft

So it turns out that if you load a leaderboard replay in Rivals mode, you can access photomode. You can't upload pictures but you can hide the UI and screenshot it with the Xbox (which is normally better quality).

One cool little feature is that you can toggle your car's headlights in photomode:
Nice!

Vinc

Have you played Titanfall? The mods are pretty much identical to that game's burn cards except that you can't use them outside of single player in FM6. As someone who's played a bunch of that and no F2P games, that's what it instantly reminded me of.

The prize wheel is from Horizon and replaces the fixed credit reward schedule of FM5 which replaced the 'choose one of these few cars' in 4, etc.

FM5 created a terrible impression with its micro-transactions, even though to many long time players the income progression in the game felt similar to previous games. It really felt like a money grab, so I can forgive anyone who's weary of micro-transactions in this game because of 5.

I have, and yeah the ability to buy burn cards was added after launch, I was not too happy with it but at least it wasn't there from the get go I guess.

Makki

Turn 10 has the track lighting nailed down, but man the car reflections are lacking. Paint looks cartoony and it looks quite awful at night...

This is the game to make me buy an Xbone, I still have it on preorder and all as a bundle, but it is not as good looking as I hoped (in-game).

M52B28

Banned
I won't set up a quote train but it appears I haven't made myself clear. I'm not saying FM should abandon the Chuckle Brothers fluff that gives it mass appeal, I'm saying it's a shame that the authentic sim side of things has been taken 90% of the way and then left hanging. There's room for both in the game, whether they are seperate or merged. Little Timmy Tompkins could turn off the pit stops and the qualifying if it leads to bedwetting, and his older brother could avoid the power-ups. This is even MORE in line with our perception of FM trying to be everything to everybody.
This is what I want to see. They need to have more options for the people who want more simulation.

Devildoll

So... i can't beat my record of 1,37.844 on rio with the gt 2017. Any advice? i think that in the gallery i lose too many second because i can't control the car properly.

go on the leaderboards for that race and watch some of the top time replays, see if they take corners differently than you do.

Devildoll

how do I watch a leaderboard time run?

when you start up the demo and enter rivals you see a menu with 4 races, select the one you want and press Y i believe, or whatever button it is to bring up the leaderboards.

then just sort to world rankings and press A on the time you want to view, you'll get the option to set that time as your rival, or watch the replay, amongst other things.

Kill3r7

ha..

i already invested my $100.

I would just like them to give us more options for crying out loud

More options are always welcome. They are never a bad thing in my book. I just took issue with your phrasing with respect to their vision. Disregard my previous statement.

Alright, I still have our ForzaGAF list from before so I just removed everyone to start fresh. Quote this post if you want to add yourself to the list.

ST3K3LLY

Banned
when you start up the demo and enter rivals you see a menu with 4 races, select the one you want and press Y i believe, or whatever button it is to bring up the leaderboards.

then just sort to world rankings and press A on the time you want to view, you'll get the option to set that time as your rival, or watch the replay, amongst other things.

ahhhh now i understand what the file thing was on about. the guy in 1st doesnt have a file therefore was never going to be able to watch a replay.

Im really liking how the rival challenges set out that the car must be stock on certain races as ive no idea about tuning. thanks.

just watch the highest rated time and you can see on the telemetry that he's using the pad clutch technique that i seen people using on 5 on youtube to keep his revs up. i wonder if its possible to do a similar thing with a wheel.

ghibli99

Oh damn that Indy car race was amazing. The sense of speed was fantastic.
Yeah, this was my favorite part of the demo, although 222mph collisions should probably do more than just slightly bump me off-course! Still, crazy sense of speed.

The rest of the demo was OK... I do like racing in the rain with the puddles, although as mentioned, the cockpit view is hampered by the low fps on the rain effects themselves. Hood/bumper cams are much nicer. Why's the rear-view mirror still 30fps? Distracting, but not as much as the cockpit rain.

Something about FM though, is that it just feels so sterile. Probably intentional, and while I didn't like the F&F feel/story in FH1, at least it had personality. This feels somewhat robotic, and I sure miss the attitude of FM4, mostly due to the Clarkson contributions.

Alright, I still have our ForzaGAF list from before so I just removed everyone to start fresh. Quote this post if you want to add yourself to the list.

Yo!

Sadly I wont be able to play online until later on this year which is when I will be getting fiber. Running on shitty 6megs now makes it unplayable.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Probably a silly question but do I have to restart the demo every time?

And other silly question. I did some random slot machine thing and won a bugatti veyron. Does this actually mean anything?

I have, and yeah the ability to buy burn cards was added after launch, I was not too happy with it but at least it wasn't there from the get go I guess.

'Buy' with in-game currency, which can't be purchased with real money. Still not feeling the F2P-ness of it all. Maybe when I start getting spammed on Facebook from people I should delete.

And other silly question. I did some random slot machine thing and won a bugatti veyron. Does this actually mean anything?

Think it's just to get you excited about the game. Otherwise I've got 1M credits and an Audi to look forward to.

So am i, there is plenty of dedicated leagues out there that simulate qualifying etc.

Sure, but it would be easier if it was aided by Turn 10: e.g. you could have a canned lobby setup that alternated between 'qualifying' which is a 2-3 lap race with ghost cars won by fastest lap followed by a race on the same track ordered by place in the previous race.

EBreda

Please, add me. Ed Balboa is my GT.

Just finished my second play through of the demo. This time with my TX wheel.

So how does the wheel feel? I could not find a confortable setup in PCars, is the default option in F6 acceptable?

Hawk269

some gifs from the gamersyde stream

GivingAmazingLcont.gif

CourageousInconsequentialHatchetfish.gif

FixedVengefulGrub.gif

Hmm some cars on the day track have the headlights on and some don't. Is there a toggle to turn them on/off while racing? I loved in Pcars coming up behind someone and flashing the lights on and off to mess with them.

Hawk269

So any word on what the patch to the demo did to the game? I see a few asking about it, but just wondering if anyone knows what it did?

For a new page

c0de

So any word on what the patch to the demo did to the game? I see a few asking about it, but just wondering if anyone knows what it did?

There was a bug for some that the demo required you to have a credit card configured for your account to download.

As a new member of the board can I ask what it is? Is it like the car club in Horizon 2?

It's just a way to keep track of the people that want to play online or do rivals. Basically who to add to your friends list.

And to the people asking to be added: You can do it yourself with the link in the email tags.

shandy706

Add me, East Coast US.

I promise to always be busy or only get like 10 minutes to play if I'm lucky. (as usual) LOL

Edit* I'll try, I'm on mobile though.

Hawk269

using the photomode in the leaderboards

201509021520519us9z.jpg

20150902151915xus1t.jpg

20150902151718fesr2.jpg

20150902151224z9sfe.jpg

Great shots man. The only thing about this night course is that the lighting seemed a little flat to me. I love how that overhang thing on the first shot changes color as you race around the track however...I think the track needed a bit more of that type of stuff to make it feel less static, perhaps a bigger explosion of the fireworks and maybe some added color on the overpasses/signs would of made it look better.

LoveCake

For a new page

Add me please :)

I have Forza Ultimate Edition on order, i am getting the demo now, will anything transfer over from the demo?

Top Bottom