• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New FFXIII Info - New summons, new character

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaLiancY

BlazingDarkness said:
how is Bahamut going into flying dragon mode 'some bullshit'?

I think he's just expressing his distaste for the whole technological theme with most of the summons so far. The only ones I can remember that are "regular" are Carbuncle and Siren from the old scans.

duckroll

VaLiancY said:
I think he's just expressing his distaste for the whole technological theme with most of the summons so far. The only ones I can remember that are "regular" are Carbuncle and Siren from the old scans.

Carbuncle transforms from a blu-ray disc. :lol

7Th

I like how the magazine just says: "The driving mode is, simply, a flying dragon!"

:lol

And does the magazine reveal what the relationship between Vanille and Fang is? :O

duckroll

7Th said:
I like how the magazine just says: "The driving mode is, simply, a flying dragon!"

:lol

And does the magazine reveal what the relationship between Vanille and Fang is? :O

The magazine also says the Driving Mode for Brundhilde is a heavy armor car!

I doubt they're going to be revealing story details like that anytime soon.

From the Jump scans it looks like Fang's spear can split into two weapons. Like, the battle shot where she's standing behind Lightning, she's holding what looks like the end of her spear as a small dagger and holding the rest of the spear in her other hand.

Darkpen

Banned
Ether_Snake said:
It is done on purpose. The shadow is there on the ground or body but not on the face, to avoid shadow ugly artifacts on the faces of the characters, as well as to prevent their faces from being shadowed during cinematics due to their position of the lighting. It's a very smart choice on their end, but without comparing you don't realize how smart it is. It's something most studios should do, at least on current-gen, because the lighting solutions we have still suck.
Yep. I love it.

I wish I knew where these scans were coming from :(

dramatis

Green Mamba said:
From the Jump scans it looks like Fang's spear can split into two weapons. Like, the battle shot where she's standing behind Lightning, she's holding what looks like the end of her spear as a small dagger and holding the rest of the spear in her other hand.

I was kind of thinking that, considering the transforming weapon Lighting uses and Vanille's bizarre fishing staff. I thought it was possible when I saw the design of her spear and it had a lot of 'sections' made from the designs on the shaft. I was kind of hoping the sections would still be connected into some kind of whip chain though.

Seems like Snow and Sazh are the two lacking variable weapons, since Snow pretty much has his silly fists and embroidery and Sazh is carrying some guns. Could always melee with them, but Sazh is no Bayonetta.

dramatis said:
Seems like Snow and Sazh are the two lacking variable weapons, since Snow pretty much has his silly fists and embroidery and Sazh is carrying some guns. Could always melee with them, but Sazh is no Bayonetta.

Sazh's dual pistols can combine into a machine gun.

So Snow and Hope lack Variable weapons(so far).

Fimbulvetr said:
Yuna's fault for starting the short-shorts trend.

Please do not get me started.

duckroll said:
V Jump scans are out. They have more screens and many more pages than Jump did. Bahamut's Driving Mode is a flying dragon. It really looks quite a bit like Escaflowne's dragon mode. 7th wins this round, flawless victory. :)

Woot. This is great news. I finally see a driving mode summon i like. Could Feng be anymore awesome?

Green Mamba said:

Spear and daggers? Someone pinch me!

Fimbulvetr said:
Sazh's dual pistols can combine into a machine gun.

So Snow and Hope lack Variable weapons(so far).

You kid?

lorddarkflare said:

It was shown in a scan.

Either that or his guns were being held very close to each other in a way that makes them look like another weapon.

If not, then it looks like only the females have variable weapons.

duckroll

Pretty sure everything in FFXIII is variable. Weapons, summons, weapons of summons, etc. It's a big theme in the game. TRANSFORMERS ARE COOL! :D

Xamdou

duckroll said:
Pretty sure everything in FFXIII is variable. Weapons, summons, weapons of summons, etc. It's a big theme in the game. TRANSFORMERS ARE COOL! :D

That sounds awesome duckroll, any idea when FFXIII is going to be released here in the U.S? And will Japanese voice-overs be included?

Hellsing321 said:
Is it too late to make Fang the main Character?

Unless they pull a FF12 or better yet, a FF6.

Also, i do not like Bahamut's Driving mode, it looks odd.

As to Feng, anyone know that she says to Sazh, Vanille and Lightning.

Also, being that this game was made by FFX's team, have we any idea who might end up coupling in the main cast?

lorddarkflare said:
Also, being that this game was made by FFX's team, have we any idea who might end up coupling in the main cast?

Hope and Vanille are the only ones I can remotely think of.

Sazh has a dead wife, Snow is dedicated to Serah, Lightning is too uptight, and nobody is worthy enough for Feng.

Fimbulvetr said:
Hope and Vanille are the only ones I can remotely think of.

Sazh has a dead wife, Snow is dedicated to Serah, Lightning is too uptight, and nobody is worthy enough for Feng.

Despite the dead wife, i think that Sazh may have a chance with Feng, maybe she will beat the wimp out of him.

I agree with you when it comes to Lightning and Snow. Hope and Vanille does not seem to likely, so this may be a repeat of the *game that should not be mentioned* in this way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lorddarkflare said:
Despite the dead wife, i think that Sazh may have a chance with Feng, maybe she will beat the wimp out of him.

I agree with you when it comes to Lightning and Snow. Hope and Vanille does not seem to likely, so this may be a repeat of the *game that should not be mentioned* in this way.

Fang.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
lorddarkflare said:
I refuse, she is not a dog. It is a stupid name anyway and i hope the translation team does the right thing and changes the name to something less inane.

Ain't happening.

lorddarkflare said:
I refuse, she is not a dog. It is a stupid name anyway and i hope the translation team does the right thing and changes the name to something less inane.

Especially since Feng Yun actually fits the weather name theme.

lorddarkflare said:
Are you serious? If they haven't changed the name for any other character, don't expect them to change the name for Fang, even if it's just a one letter difference. They did it with FF VII, but that was probably a translation mistake.

Shadowlink said:
Are you serious? If they haven't changed the name for any other character, don't expect them to change the name for Fang, even if it's just a one letter difference. They did it with FF VII, but that was probably a translation mistake.

Not much. I am hopeful, not stupid.

Truth be told, the name is not really that bad, i just do not like it.

lorddarkflare said:
Not much. I am hopeful, not stupid.

Truth be told, the name is not really that bad, i just do not like it.
I was supposed to type, "Are you drunk?" :lol

Anyways, everyone who wants this game is hopeful for everything from what I've noticed in the FF XIII thread.

duckroll said:
Continuing bullshit that contributed to the locking of the original thread might be a bannable offence. I haven't decided yet. :)
Oh! So no more old Shadowlink's classic quotes? :p

Anyways, has there been any new interviews lately?

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Kagari said:
Two characters is considered a theme?
Actually, they fit a color theme.

Fang = teeth = white
Vanille
Snow
Lightning
SUDS in english I believe (white)
Hope -- Hope/Holy/Pearl/white maybe?

I dunno.

Shadowlink said:
Oh! So no more old Shadowlink's classic quotes? :p

Anyways, has there been any new interviews lately?

No, but i am waiting to see if anything new came out of the jump scans.

duckroll said:
Continuing bullshit that contributed to the locking of the original thread might be a bannable offence. I haven't decided yet. :)

I was thinking, would a theoretical user be hit with the Ban hammer if he/she were to create a theoretical all purpose FF discussion thread?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
duckroll said:

I can't wait for the official thread rules ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom