• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OT~| How can I Ignore Such a Magnificent...THREAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Conan-san

So Raku and co save Marika but at the same time Raku officially turns down Marika? So in reality this sub plot was pointless... And Marika was pointless... What's the point of introducing major new girls later into romcoms when they have 0% chance to win?

This is our just punishment for the Death of Double Arts.

To question it is to sin further and invite more of the False Love.

Bray Not, and our end will be swift and full of pain.

So Raku and co save Marika but at the same time Raku officially turns down Marika? So in reality this sub plot was pointless... And Marika was pointless... What's the point of introducing major new girls later into romcoms when they have 0% chance to win?

That's the thing with this genre, every girl can't win (most of the time, some have legit harem ends I guess). But you have to have them because otherwise, there's no "contest". If every girl that lost the ship war was pointless and shouldn't be there, it would be just a romance manga about the lead couple and that's it.

Not saying it's good (I don't really like harem stuff that much honestly) but it's the nature of the beast.

Picked up manga today.
CRZCu1AUYAQzVLt.jpg

bobohoro

Nisekoi 190

Getting friendzoned by the dude that interrupts your wedding.
Every girl's dream.
Now he just needs to carry her off in his arms, on a white horse, maybe accidentally sleep with him once while riding and then have him say it was out of pity and that they shouldn't see each other for some time.

Damn what happened with Toriko, it used to get pushed hard as shit and now it's on a bullet train towards the ending.

Why can't this happen with Bleach?

Damn what happened with Toriko, it used to get pushed hard as shit and now it's on a bullet train towards the ending.

Why can't this happen with Bleach?

A bunch of reason... Toei, Sales, Censorship, too hard of a push, etc...

but the biggest reason is that it started to be serialized at a bad time were old school Shonen like Toriko aren't the hottest items on the market

Sekai Oni 100

Don't you fucking dare. Don't you take this away from me.

I will literally not be able to stand it if this is taken away from her. Oh my god she deserves at least one bit of happiness fucking please

A bunch of reason... Toei, Sales, Censorship, too hard of a push, etc...

but the biggest reason is that it started to be serialized at a bad time were old school Shonen like Toriko aren't the hottest items on the market

Toei, I think Toei kept the series sales up. Why did sales drop like a rock once the anime ended, that suggests there was something lurking underneath the surface to give it decline.

Toei, I think Toei kept the series sales up. Why did sales drop like a rock once the anime ended, that suggests there was something lurking underneath the surface to give it decline.

I don't mean Toei for manga sales

I mean Toei for bad management.... deciding to make a bloody series like Toriko in the Saturday children spot with censorship

Toriko's genre is more niche now then back then.... the series should've never been pushed hard as some light-hearted shonen series since they already had OP being pushed in that spot

if you look at popular series in this day and age it is usually series that aren't pushed to be the same as OP

Also (not sales related but) the anime wasn't a good adaptation in the first place... I don't even mean the censorship but the fact that these two points (out of many others) made it not a true adaptation in the first place

• Filler characters being added as the main crew through out the story
  • No narrator for certain events and battles since the manga had it and it was possible to do like HXH 2011's narration

I think I'm just gonna hang around here to pick up stuff Zweizer posts. He and I have similar tastes. Read Panorama of Hell.

-Part 1 Reaction
This is really grotesque. Neat.

-Part 2 Reaction
Ooooooooooooh. I get it.

Back to not posting.

kewlmyc

Nisekoi 190

Fucking harsh. They're dropping like flies. Can't wait to see a bunch of grown trained professionals get their asses kicked by school children next week.

Averon

That's the thing with this genre, every girl can't win (most of the time, some have legit harem ends I guess). But you have to have them because otherwise, there's no "contest". If every girl that lost the ship war was pointless and shouldn't be there, it would be just a romance manga about the lead couple and that's it.

Not saying it's good (I don't really like harem stuff that much honestly) but it's the nature of the beast.

My only complaint is when they make who is going to "win" so obvious. It is not fun following a contest when you know who will "win" well ahead of time.

People still deluding themselves that the Nisekoi author isn't purposefully making his shit as generic and awful as possible in revenge for the cancellation of all his good series'.

Quasar

I'm surprised people ever thought anyone other than Shitoge had a chance. The whole thing was pre-ordained.

Averon

Nisekoi is one of the least ambiguous romcoms I've read. No one should be surprised about recent events. The only odd thing is the speed in which it is happening, as if the author wants to wrap up the story sooner rather than later.

Quasar

Nisekoi is one of the least ambiguous romcoms I've read. No one should be surprised about recent events. The only odd thing is the speed in which it is happening, as if the author wants to wrap up the story sooner rather than later.

It does feel like he's suddenly rushing. I wonder if he was suddenly told at some point, you have 20 chapters to wrap it up and now he's scrambling to do so.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

He's gonna tell Onodera and Chitoge he likes them both and can't pick and then it will just end without him making a real decision

The editors want him to wrap that shit up. Mononofu is the future of Jump.

random25

Nisekoi 190

We've seen this from far away. Though it was still harsh of Raku. Preventing the wedding then rejecting the girl at the same time lol.

Who's the next ship to sink?

Kiss Him, Not Me v1
Nana is best boy he has the best laugh and the best personality. I also liked his fantasy the most. Hes the one I most love in otomes. Also he also feels the most like a JUNKO characters. Actually all of the boys feel like they come from her other stories which makes this feel so familiar. I liked it.
CRZ_W6JUYAAoaOI.jpg

Also woe to her friend for telling her Vegeta died, I wonder if she had even gone to make a whole shrine for a dead anime character. The alter in manga for shion was incredible.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 68

It feels like it's going to be a ton of chapters until everything gets all patched up and Natsuo gets to date Rui.

Tomo-chan wa Onna no ko!

If only this series was longer with each chapter and still continuously released new chapter at a pacing like this... So I am pleasantly pleased that we got those Bonus chapters

jonjonaug

Kiss Him, Not Me v1

Nana is best boy he has the best laugh and the best personality. I also liked his fantasy the most. Hes the one I most love in otomes. Also he also feels the most like a JUNKO characters. Actually all of the boys feel like they come from her other stories which makes this feel so familiar. I liked it.
CRZ_W6JUYAAoaOI.jpg

Also woe to her friend for telling her Vegeta died, I wonder if she had even gone to make a whole shrine for a dead anime character. The alter in manga for shion was incredible.

I picked this up too. Pretty good stuff so far. I really like Mutsumi for the effect he has on the other guys, when they're like "I'm not gonna get one upped playing the nice guy!" whenever he's all calm and polite and understanding. Him just being utterly sincere and oblivious to why they keep following his lead is great too.

As for favorite type of guy...none of the guys really "do" it for me, I guess? I like the older men type, or muscular men (my favorite otome game dudes are Shirabe and Mitarashi from Sweet Fuse, my favorite BL character is Maki from NTY). I'd like a manga with characters like that, but I think Ore Monogatari is the only thing that comes remotely close in English and that's not really the same...

EDIT: Actually speaking of older men types, I should really catch up on Oresama Teacher.

Revo

Sun-Ken Rock 164

from the amount of spreads screwed up last chapter i was surprised to see functioning ones this time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom